Lutz Entertainment Reviews

Lutz Entertainment 1
Lutz Entertainment 2
Lutz Entertainment 3

Donald · Married on 06/26/2015

Everyone raved about the music. Couldn't be more pleased with the way Jimmy handled my wedding. He played every song I wanted and everyone was able to make some great requests. Absolute professional and really great guy. I saw family and friends on the dance floor I thought I'd never see. Awesome time!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Sharon · Married on 06/20/2015

We hired Jimmy to be the DJ at our wedding reception, and play his live guitar music during our cocktail hour. The whole evening was wonderful... We had spent a few hours with him discussing our music preferences and also to plan out exactly what we wanted both during the ceremony and reception. Jimmy carried everything out exactly as we had planned it. We also thought Jimmy would have his work cut out for him during the reception, because we thought neither my husband's family nor my family would dance much. Boy were we wrong... Jimmy managed to work his magic, and much to our surprise the dance floor was full the whole night! We found Jimmy very responsive and easy to work with... and would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ/musician for their wedding.

Sent on 07/26/2015
  • User5302053 · 2+ years ago

Lutz Entertainment was recommended by our day of coordinator Jeanne Stark (Hudson Valley Ceremonies). After reading excellent review after excellent review and a quick phone screening, we hired him for our wedding. We met in person once before the wedding to review introductions and accompanying music, our first dance (which he performed live), our musical preferences and the entire run of show. And in the final weeks leading up to the wedding, Jimmy checked in to see if we had any additional requests or thoughts.

The process was seamless and it showed the day of. For instance, my mother was insistent that dinner was not a time to be dancing and guests should be able to hear each other from across the table. Mindful of this, Jimmy used the time to play non-dancing music from some of our favorite bands at a lower level than normal. Speaking with a close friend (who knows my musical preferences) after the wedding, he expressed how personal the music was throughout the night, from introductions to dinner to dancing. Success!

Jimmy’s enthusiasm for music is infectious and my husband and I now find ourselves brainstorming ways we could incorporate him into future events, just so we could work with him again! With that said, we highly recommend Jimmy for your own wedding!

Sent on 08/02/2015
  • W

Walter · Married on 05/16/2015

Jimmy Lutz did an awesome job for our May 2015 wedding. In addition to being a great DJ - I encourage everyone to also have him sing and play his acoustic guitar during the cocktail hour - as he does a fantastic job and it really adds to make the reception memorable. Jimmy came recommended by my wife's boss - who also used him for his wedding. We are glad we hired Jimmy Lutz as he knows his stuff and is also a great musician in addition to being a great DJ.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Chloe · Married on 10/18/2014

My husband and I chose to work with Jimmy for our 10/18/14 wedding and could not say enough great things about our experience with him. We live in CT but were married in NY, so we were a bit nervous about how we would coordinate meetings but Jimmy was incredibly flexible and responsive and did all of our prep meetings with us leading up to the wedding via Skype.

He made the planning process incredibly easy - and fun! He went above and beyond to help us to think about things we may not have considered and gave us honest feedback on our ideas based on what he has seen work well (and not so well) in the past all without pressuring us into anything.

We wanted to have Jimmy play guitar/sing for our cocktail hour to change things up a bit for our guests and are so happy that we did - he did an absolutely amazing job and it really made for something unique on the big day.

Regarding the reception music - my husband and I were totally lost here and completely overwhelmed in trying to convey what we were looking for - which was essentially a little bit of everything for everyone, but still somehow incorporating our favorites & style. Jimmy asked us to just send him a few songs and our vision and he promised to read the crowd and deliver on our vision...and he did just that. Practically everyone of our guests commented on how amazing our music was. I don't think a single guest was sitting all night. The energy in the room was amazing and we could not have been happier!

Sent on 12/01/2014

The best best best entertainment I could have hired for our wedding! My friends and family are still complimenting us and talking about how much fun they had at our wedding because of how great the music and DJ was! He played acoustic guitar for the cocktail hour and played every song I wanted for the ceremony and then had every single one of my friends and family members dancing on the dance floor at the reception, he is phenomenal!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Danielle · Married on 09/27/2014

Our wedding was a blast from beginning to the end (not that anyone wanted it to end!) Jim played all the music we requested at appropriate times and was even able to make the few odd ball requests fit in perfectly! The sound was great for both the church and the reception (which was outside under a tent). Due to a technical error with the grill, dinner came out about and hour and a half late, but Jim kept everyone dancing the whole time while we waited! Then after we ate, everyone was right back on the dance floor!

Another great feature of having Jim as our DJ is the photo booth he provided. What a hit with all the guests! We were able to personalize our own photo strips (from background picture, to the words at the bottom, to the color of everything!) and we received ALL the pictures the guests took that night on a flash drive a week or so after the wedding. That was fun to go through! He also provided a trunk full of props for the guests to use in the photo booth. I was amazed at how easy it was to use!

We would definitely recommend Jim to anyone for an event. He knows music very well and knows how to make a wedding flow smoothly. He's great to go to for advice about vendors and any other help you might need with a wedding as well. He becomes more than a DJ as he helps you plan the wedding. Thanks for everything, Jim!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Gerald · Married on 09/27/2014

Jimmy provided the music and MC'ed my daughter Danielle's wedding in 2014. Even though I have known Jimmy socially for a number of years I was blown away by his skills as a DJ. His professionalism, the way he spoke to people and how he kept it all flowing was spectacular.

Thanks very much Jimmy, you're the only DJ I'll ever call!

Sent on 06/12/2018
    Lutz Entertainment 4
    Lutz Entertainment 5

Tommie · Married on 09/12/2014

Jimmy was awesome as he catered to all of our needs and musical requests. He was also super flexible and accommodating throughout the reception making our special day one to remember. We would highly recommend him as a DJ.

Sent on 11/17/2014

Amy · Married on 08/31/2014

I got married at the Rhinecliff on August 31, 2014 and used Jimmy as my DJ. He was incredibly professional and very knowledgeable about the type of music that I like. I explained to Jimmy that I like older, classic rock (Zeppelin, Doors, Animals, Beatles etc...) but that I wanted to focus on the more upbeat songs for the dancing and he most definitely delivered. My husband and I don't have a very "dancing crowd" type family and friends but most of them couldn't help but visit the dance floor at least once. And EVERYONE commented on how awesome the music was... they heard songs they hadn't heard in years. He was also able to find me the perfect piano version of Stairway to Heaven to walk down the aisle to (I had been searching for weeks - Jimmy found it in less than 2 minutes).
    I was very, very nervous about a week before the wedding. I met with Jimmy and a few hours later my mind was at ease. Almost like a wedding planner, he helped my figure out at what point in the song each of my bridesmaids went down the aisle to and on that day he most definitely delivered. He also made a wonderful suggestion for my husband - to do a father daughter dance time to "You've Got a Friend in Me" which was very touching. Everything we planned was perfectly on point; almost as if we were telepathically working in unison with each other (realistically it was all him but I like to think I contributed ; )
    Another big thing for me was that he was NOT cheesy in any way, shape or form but never came off as uptight.... just a very professional person with awesome taste in music. He even managed to squeeze in a little Rob Zombie (at my request)! at just the right moment. In my opinion your DJ can make or break your wedding and I felt incredible lucky to be working with someone like Jimmy Lutz and would highly recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 09/05/2014

Jimmy was wonderful to work with. We planned our wedding from overseas and we had many conversations with him via Skype as we continued to plan the wedding. He asked lots of questions and helped us out with song lists in order to fully understand what kind of music we wanted for our ceremony and reception. We put a lot of thought into answering his questions and in the end it really paid off because he gave us exactly what we asked for and even more and created such a lovely and fun atmosphere for our wedding. He had us and the guests dancing the whole time and many of our guests came up to us afterwards and said that they we wished they had the play list for the songs that were played. He was such a wonderful person to work with and gave us an amazing evening. Thank you, Jimmy!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Keegan · Married on 07/19/2014

Jimmy worked with us from day one listening to all of our requests and concerns. He went above and beyond the steps needed to make sure our day was perfect. During the wedding, he made sure we were happy each step of the way. Thank you Jimmy for getting my husband on that dance floor for more than one song!! We appreciate you making our wedding day one to remember!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Prior to our wedding, Jimmy spent four hours dedicated to planning the details for our wedding. He is fully committed to you and gives you the upmost attention.
    On the wedding day, he played acoustic guitar for cocktail hour and DJed the reception. The guests loved the touch of the acoustic guitar. He was very responsive to every request during the party. He was able to accommodate any and all of our needs. Jimmy directed the flow of the party to make sure our guests were aware of things like signing the guest book, taking pictures in front of a mural the grooms mother had made, making sure people ate pie, etc.
    I recommend Jimmy with five gold stars!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Meg · Married on 07/04/2014

I can't say enough good things about Jimmy Lutz! He is fantastic. I was worried about the cheesy DJ thing but when I met Jimmy I knew he was the perfect fit for our wedding. I am very much into music and spoke with Jimmy extensively about what songs we wanted played. He even offers a listening party which is where you go and hang at his apartment and listen to music to decide on what stuff you like and don't like. He is VERY buttoned up...his forms that he has you fill out about the day are very detailed....there is no room for error which is so comforting on your big day.

I joke with Jimmy that he was like having a second wedding planner. I probably spoke to Jimmy at least once a week leading up to the wedding. He had the amazing idea to rent a dance floor for the barn we were getting married at. It made a world of difference! He got me in touch with fireworks people, he knew my caterers and loved them, and was even gonna help me look for a hair person when mine fell through at the last minute, ha! He is really just an all-around super nice and helpful guy. I can't even call him a DJ because he is so much more than that when it comes to your big day.

I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Caitlin · Married on 06/21/2014

Jimmy did a great job and was a pleasure to work with. We reviewed music genres and what we did not want played prior to the wedding. Since we live out of state, he took the time to Skype with us to make sure he understood exactly what we were looking for.
    Once the wedding day arrived, Jimmy kept the guests on the dance floor for the entire time. Jimmy was responsible for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception music and he couldn't have done a better job. We received multiple compliments on what a great DJ we had. He was very professional throughout the entire process and we would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Jimmy!

Sent on 08/10/2014

Tom · Married on 05/31/2014

Jimmy was awesome! He was very easy to work with while planning and had a lot of great advice for us as we were working through some of the details. Jimmy is not just a skilled DJ, but a musician as well. He played live music for us during cocktail hour in addition to running the ceremony music and DJing the reception. He was great at reading the crowd as the evening progressed and kept the dance floor full all night long. The one time I (the groom writing this) walked over to the DJ table all night wasn't to make a music suggestion, but rather to raise my hand and give Jimmy a high five.

Sent on 07/07/2014
  • Rasmiyyah

Rasmiyyah · Married on 05/17/2014

Even though my husband and I live in Astoria, NY, that didn't stop Jimmy from keeping in contact with us through skype, meeting with us and discussing everything we wanted and making us feel comfortable with choosing him for our DJ. Leading up to the wedding Jimmy and I spent about 3 hours on skype going through the whole wedding, so he kind of became our wedding coordinator on top of being our DJ! If it weren't for him, our wedding would not have run so smoothly. He took the pressure off of us so we could enjoy our day from start to finish, making sure everything timed out the way it was supposed to! Not only that, he kept people on the dance floor all night, even my parents who I haven't seen dance in years! We owe Jimmy so much thanks for everything he did for us, and we would recommend him to anyone in a heart beat. He really understands music, is open to all suggestions, and is so organized and really takes the time to make you feel like you are the priority.

Thank you Jimmy for everything you did for us!! Our families are still talking about him and what a great job he did!

Sent on 05/23/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/10/2014

Jimmy was everything someone could ask for in Dj and musician!
    We had Jimmy perform acoustically for our cocktail hour and it really added a little something more than just having recorded music play. For our reception I had many specific requests for music I wanted played and also music I absolutely did not want played. Jimmy exceeded my expectations completely. Just about everyone at the wedding was on the dance floor all night and it truly made our wedding so unbelievably special.
    Jimmy is so down to earth and very easy to work with. He did everything we requested exactly how we wanted it. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for a great, fun loving time!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Hildy · Married on 04/12/2014

When we first met Jimmy we felt comfortable with him immediately. We met with him twice and he seemed genuinely concerned with our needs. We told him exactly what we wanted and he delivered!! He customized our wedding exactly as we had requested. Once the music started, people began dancing and never stopped. Several of our guests told us they normally don't dance at weddings, but they danced all night at ours. Even the staff at our venue was on the dance floor towards the end of the evening. People have told us our wedding was the best they've ever attended.

Sent on 05/22/2014
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 12/07/2013

Jimmy did such a great job at our wedding. From the first time we met with him, he put us at
    ease that we had made the right decision in regards to our wedding music.

We asked Jimmy to play an acoustic guitar set for our cocktail hour and at our first meeting, Jimmy played a few songs for us. We could tell the passion Jimmy had for playing music. We honestly could have sat with Jimmy and listened to him play for hours. At our wedding, we had a lot of our guests tell us how nice of a touch it was having an acoustic guitar during cocktail hour and how good Jimmy was. We even had a family member wanting to break away from picture taking to hear a song!!

Jimmy also handled our ceremony and reception music. His attention to detail was apparent as he had us fill out a sheet asking us all the music we wanted for our processional, first dance, cutting of the cake, etc. There was no chance anything would be missed. Jimmy even took the time to review the pronunciation of our bridal party's names so he would get
    them right during introductions. We had a wide age range of guests and we suggested numerous music genres be played without suggesting any specific songs. We left the song choices to Jimmy and he delivered. He kept such a good mix going all night that all of our guests were up dancing at one point during the evening. And no doubt, Jimmy kept the party and dancing crowd going all night as well.

You cannot go wrong with Jimmy!!

Sent on 02/17/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/05/2013

My husband and I cannot recommend DJ Jimmy enough! Throughout the wedding planning process he was flexible as far as meeting times and locations. We live in NJ but were getting married in NY since our families are there, and he met with us via Skype when we couldn't meet in person. He also did a great job figuring out what kind of music we like based on the information we provided. He helped us select ceremony music that fit our personalities perfectly (and consequently brought my mom to tears) and also played an awesome set on acoustic guitar during our cocktail hour that our friends and family really enjoyed. Throughout the reception we just kept hearing song after song that we loved! Jimmy also did a good job managing the flow of events throughout the evening in coordination with the venue. Everything went smoothly, from the first dance as husband and wife to the last dance of the evening. And the dance floor was always packed. People keep telling us how much fun they had, and how sore their legs are (still, 2 days later) from dancing! DJ Jimmy Lutz is the perfect choice for any couple who want to make sure that they have a fantastic time dancing with friends and family at their wedding.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Jina · Married on 09/29/2013

Wow, what can I say? I can say that Jimmy was AMAZING. He was also so fun to work with leading up to the wedding. My husband and I have VERY different tastes (Jimmy can vouch for that), but he helped us meet a middle ground when it came to picking dinner music and the dancing music. We were having a few challenges deciding on songs, but meeting with Jimmy was extremely helpful. He even made us do a twirl during our meeting to see if a particular song would work for us! He was also very professional and understanding to all of our needs and requests. You will be lucky to work with an amazing DJ like Jimmy. :D :D :D

Sent on 10/14/2013

Emily · Married on 07/21/2013

We loved Jimmy! We were looking for a DJ who wouldn't be too cheesy or intrusive--just someone to keep people dancing with some kick-ass tunes. Jimmy was all that and more. He spent lots of time with us getting to know our (VERY specific) tastes and preferences. I also appreciated that he really took the time to tailor his setup to our venue, which had some tricky stuff to deal with when it came to different rooms and indoor/outdoor syncing of music. It was so great to be able to just let things go on the wedding day and trust that Jimmy had it under control--and he definitely did. He kept things moving right on schedule and exceeded our expectations when it came to music selection. His prices were also very reasonable, and we'll definitely recommend him to friends!

Sent on 09/22/2013

Emily · Married on 07/13/2013

My husband and I really wanted our wedding to be an INCREDIBLE party. Had it not been for Jimmy Lutz and his assistant Mariah it would have been a good time; but they made sure the whole night was a blast! The dance room was full the entire night. Anything Jimmy announced the guests listened too, meaning he just captured everyone at our 200 person weddings attention. Throughout the whole night people were commenting on the incredible guitarist we had gotten for the evening. When I told them he was also the DJ they were so impressed and could not stop raving what a find we had when we found him, and Scott and I both agree completely!

When speaking to Jimmy about the wedding and what we had hoped the night to be, he sat with us for 3 hours to talk about every detail, and they were all executed perfectly! If ever you have been to a wedding in which the DJ gets someone names wrong, you would never have to worry about that with Jimmy. Our whole wedding party was shocked at what an incredible job he did getting all of their names right!

We were surrounded by incredible vendors on our wedding day, and Jimmy stands out at the top. For any bride looking to have a sweaty, smiley, crazy fun dance party .... there is no one better than Jimmy!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Kendra · Married on 07/06/2013

If you are looking for a DJ in the Hudson Valley of NY, look no further than Jimmy Lutz. Simply put, Jimmy did a phenomenal job from our first meeting until the very last song at the reception. He was extremely attentive to our wishes and desires for our big day and delivered exactly what he promised. The ceremony music went off without a hitch and during the reception he had a great feel for the mood of the room and besides making a few announcements that we asked of him he just let the music do the talking. He did an awesome and non-intrusive job communicating with us throughout the night and even made sure we were on the dance floor for songs we had specifically requested. I have no qualms about giving him my highest recommendation. Thank you Jimmy!

Love, Kendra & David Lamb