Lustre Artistry Reviews

11 | Saint Paul, MN

11 Reviews for Lustre Artistry

Shannon · Married on 06/16/2018

Kate was amazing! For a trial run, she came to my parents house and we finalized my bridal look. On our wedding day, she met us at the hotel. She was timely and devoted to each bridesmaid's vision. She was personable, friendly, and organized. Everyone looked perfect and loved their look! I would definitely recommend her.

Erin · Married on 09/30/2017

Kate with Lustre Atristry was so great! I was so happy with her and my bridal party loved her too, she did such a great job!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/19/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Kate and Lustre Artistry. She is incredible. I have never felt so beautiful, and she made the process (both leading up to the wedding and the day-of) so easy. She was super flexible when I had to move things around because of a miscommunication with my hair stylist, and was really receptive to my thoughts about my makeup after my trial (I highly recommend a trial! I had pinned some looks I loved, and it turns out those looks just don't flatter my face, so we went in a different direction for the actual wedding day). Overall, I am extremely happy with my choice of having Kate do my wedding make up, and I will suggest her to anyone and everyone who is looking for a friendly, reliable, rockstar of a makeup artist for their big deal. Oh, and as an added bonus, she ended up taking a couple of really sweet candid shots of me and my bridesmaids when the photographer showed up and stole us away for a minute (did I mention she's flexible!) Also - get the fake lashes. Totally worth it.

Angela · Married on 01/20/2017

I had a fantastic experience with Kate. Not only was she sweet, kind, and knowledgeable, but she also had great ideas and really listened to me. It's sometimes difficult to have someone else do your makeup - and specifically on such an important day...but Kate make me look very natural to how I usually wear my makeup and I really never felt so beautiful as I did that day. I also had her do my makeup for a boudoir shoot I did for my husband and I was equally pleased. I'll continue to use Kate in the future. Thank you Kate - you are so talented and amazing!! xo

Sarah · Married on 12/31/2016

Kate was dependable, friendly and talented. She put me at ease during what could have been a very stressful day. As someone who doesn't wear a lot of makeup I was very nervous to have my makeup professionally done but Kate made me look like my best self on my wedding day. I would definitely recommend Kate!

Kelsey · Married on 10/08/2016

Kate is so amazing! She listens to what you want, has amazing quality products, and is so accommodating. I've had the pleasure of having my makeup done twice by her (for a friend's wedding and then for mine), and have absolutely loved my makeup both times. I recommend her to everyone!

Hannah · Married on 09/11/2016

Kate was so sweet and did a wonderful job listening to what I wanted in my makeup for the day. As someone who wears little to no makeup on a regular day, I still wanted to look like my no-makeup self, just a little fancier and that is exactly how I looked!

I first worked with Kate Plec, owner of Lustre Artistry, for my own wedding in 2015. When choosing among the many wedding makeup artists in the Twin cities, the task quickly became daunting. Lustre Artistry (LA) appealed to me for many reasons: top line products used, skilled esthitician and makeup artist, beautiful portfolio, willingness to travel for wedding and trial, and cost efficient compared to other companies. I also liked knowing exactly who would be doing my makeup and having them for the trial run, unlike some larger agencies which send whoever is open (possibly someone you haven't met).

Kate came out to my home for a trial run and was patient as she listened to my thoughts and also suggested some new ideas. Ultimately, we collaborated to find the perfect look! Kate uses top products and didn't have a problem using my brushes as I have multiple allergies. She applies the makeup so smoothly... almost like you're getting a mini facial-- along with ending up looking gorgeous. Kate also offered a few skin tips to help ensure my skin was in perfect condition on the big day.

On my wedding day, Kate came to our venue and we received so many compliments from the bridesmaids and family/friends, as everyone looked so fresh and beautiful, with still a natural look! Some of the bridesmaids did have acne lesions which Kate addresses in such a professional manner and covered extremely well with her talent and products.

I have recommended LA to many of my friends and they, too, have been so happy with their wedding day choice for makeup artistry. We all look forward to working with Kate for the next wedding we attend- whether we are a bridesmaid or a guest!

-Jenna S.
    St. Paul, MN

Liz · Married on 09/13/2014

Kate is professional, she's personable, and she makes you look like the most beautiful version of yourself. She doesn't transform you into someone unrecognizable to your groom-to-be, she highlights the best part of you, and makes you glow on your wedding day. Her make-up landed me on the cover of wedding magazine, and I couldn't believe how great my make-up was. My skin is far from perfect, but you would never know based on how great Kate's work is. If you're looking for someone passionate about what they do, and someone who will calm all your fears on your big day, Kate is exactly who you need. I am forever grateful I hired Kate for one of the biggest days of my life, and I love looking back on all of my pictures because I truly felt beautiful.

Barb · Married on 05/25/2013

I made a lot of choices for my wedding- some for us, some for our guests, some just to please parents. Most were secondguessed and some chould've worked out different, but the choice to book LA for my beauty needs that day was the second best decision (other than the groom I picked ;). Kate made me look effortless, exuberant and the love I felt for my husband and my family that day was somehow captured on my face with her help. I've never felt more beautiful, and her thoughtful suggestions and flexibility in planning were a big relief. I trusted her vision and steady hand completely, and now I have a lifetime of beautiful photos to affirm the decision to hire her. I truly do feel like I looked my best at my wedding, and I could not have done it without her.

Also, she uses awesome products and is really on top of trends, so I could save myself lots of time adding that research to my to do list. Thank you again! I will be booking you for vow renewals if we have any.

Hanna · Married on 09/23/2017

Kate was so easy going and great to have as a makeup artist on my big day. She's very talented! I like that I was able to have a trial so I could test out what I liked and didn't like before the day of.