Luna Life Weddings Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Married on 04/01/2022

Barb and Team are Creative and Planning Geniuses

We have known Barb since 2019, thanks to the pandemic, clearly making us her longest-running clients, and as such, you can consider us experts in working with Luna Life Weddings.

We've watched Barb, Manuel, and her fantastic team (Genny, Dani, and Miriam) gracefully handle just about every possible obstacle you may encounter during wedding planning (but hopefully not!) Not only did we have to reschedule our date multiple times due to work restrictions, but our original venue, from way back when in 2020, was sold, then closed, and then our second venue became unresponsive. This team accomplished more pivots than an Olympic ice skater.

While Barb and team were almost certainly breaking a sweat, while we, as the couple, endured none of the stress. They make it seem effortless.

Luna Life Weddings took my vision and perfectly translated it into one very awesome reality. One of my guests said they felt like this was the first wedding they've ever attended. Not only was everything gorgeous and well designed, but she and her team also took care of all of our guests. This included finding some ibuprofen for a sunburned guest and Miriam on baby duty so that a couple of parents could have a hands-free cocktail hour (and dance!)

Barb thinks of things that you would never think to consider and couldn't imagine you needed. For example, when visiting the venue the day before our wedding, she recommended the venue take drink orders in the reception area instead of at the bar. Why? Our wedding party only had 20 guests, and the party would look empty if even five people were standing at a bar. How cool is it that she thought of that!?

Pro tip: order a hand-painted sign. Genny paints them, and she is an absolute artist.

All in all, our wedding was hands down the best, most fun, most fabulous, and most beautiful wedding I've ever enjoyed, and Barb, Manuel, Genny, Dani, and Miriam were nothing short of a pleasure to work with. 10 out of 10.

Photo by Fernando Salas Photography
    Abby H. Married on 10/23/2021

Luna Life Weddings made our day so special!!

Barb and her team made our day absolutely perfect! I could not have envisioned a better coordinator for the planning journey. Barb was beyond patient and helpful with me and husband, who truly had no idea what we were doing or even what we wanted the day to look like! Barb made multiple suggestions that made our reception truly memorable-- from a First Look, to final touches on tables, to an extremely talented Mariachi band, to delicious hand cooked Churros that ended the evening, all while working within the budget that we had hoped for. We even had a baby turtle nest hatch during our reception, so I am quite positive that Barb brought some good luck :) If you are hoping for an intimate wedding that feels authentically Tulum, Luna Life will exceed your expectations by far. Many thanks to Barb and her joyous team!
    Kaley G. Married on 10/16/2021

So grateful for Luna Life!

We are so grateful that we found Luna Life to help give us the wedding of our dreams! They recommended the BEST vendors and venue and made all of our visions come to life in the most magical way. Although they were great throughout the entire process, their day-of service was phenomenal!! The wedding was perfect and exceeded my (admittedly high) expectations. They were always quick to respond and made us feel like we were their only client, even though I know they had many others. Also, I’m so glad Barb convinced us to do a 1st look - it was amazing to have that time together and so we could enjoy our cocktail hour with our guests. Thank you x 10000 Luna Life!
    Peggy D. Married on 10/03/2021

Beach wedding

Barb and her team know Tulum. Every recommended vendor exceeded our expectations. She helped add special touches that made the day unique. It was amazing and we will cherish the memory.
  • Lilian
    Lilian S. Married on 09/21/2021

Barb, Manuel, Ginny & Team we’re great!

Utilizing the Luna Life team for our wedding was the best decision. We live in NC and wanted our destination wedding in Tulum to be all we could dream of and more. We were a bit nervous never having been to Tulum but Barb & her team were able to make that happen! From numerous phone calls and text messages the months leading up to our wedding day, Barb helped recommend vendors she knew could execute my vision. When we walked downstairs in the villa on that morning, I knew we made a great decision. The team went above and beyond making us and our guests have a great time and even made us a sweet treat at the end of the night (homemade churros) which some guests still talk about to this day 😊 we can’t thank them all enough. We wish they could plan 100 weddings for us. Xoxo- The Kennedys
  • N Richards
    N Richards Married on 06/28/2021

Where do I begin???

For our 25th anniversary vow renewal, we knew we wanted a destination event in Tulum, but had no idea where to begin in terms of planning it.

In steps Luna Life Weddings...

From beginning to end, our vow renewal experience with Luna Life Weddings was superb!!! Barb was super responsive, easy to work with, thought of literally ALL the details and delivered the vow renewal of our dreams.

A sincere thanks to Barb, for making this experience something we will never, ever forget.
  • Anabell
    Anabell L. Married on 06/04/2021

Wedding Of Our Dreams

There is nothing but positive things to say about Barbara and her team! We were completely blown away.
    By the time I spoke with Barbara, I had already spoken/emailed with at least 5 other wedding planners. Barbara scheduled a phone call, and from the second I hung up I knew she would be the one to make our wedding dreams come true. I must say I was a picky bride, but Barbara managed to put everything I ever wanted together so beautifully. She listens to everything you say. Expect long phone calls during the planning process and believe me this isn't a negative thing. The long phone calls are because Barbara became a friend. She listened to all our wishes and explained why we should go one way or another with so much detail. We had planned to meet her a year prior to the wedding for some venue shopping and other details but because of covid we were unable to travel. We finally met Barbara 2 days prior to the wedding and it was like I knew her for so many years!
    The day of the wedding I was completely blown away. She surprised us with so many literally details I didn't expect. And her team? omg her team was AMAZING! so involved, right there whenever you needed anything. From bringing my veil for photos, to finding my bouquet after leaving it behind somewhere, and reminding us we need to say a thank you speech, her team was right there whenever you needed them! The decor was breath-taking. Just absolutely gorgeous! Thank you Barb for being the best wedding planner out there. We are so thankful we found you! I must say I miss our long talks and the planning! To any bride looking to get married in Tulum, please look no further!

With Love,
    Anabell & Chris
    Katerina P. Married on 11/11/2020

Jungle Wedding Dream Come True

Barb and her team were instrumental in executing our “middle of the jungle” wedding dream. The team of vendors she recommended were very professional and provided great service. Barb gave us useful guidance and great ideas during the planning process and was very flexible and supportive during these uncertain, covid-19 times.

My husband and I had many unique/non-traditional elements in our wedding and Barb totally knocked them out of the park and helped us make it happen. From a custom drinks sign featuring our fur babies, to a piñata instead of a cake, to incorporating a Bulgarian guest welcome dance into our timeline, Barb listened to our ideas and was very enthusiastic and supportive in making them happen. During the entire planning process, Barb checked in regularly and I always felt that she was on top of it and very organized. This was a huge relief to me as I was not always on top of it haha! All of our guests expressed how impressed they were with the food, ambiance, decor, and drinks that it was the most memorable wedding they had ever been to.

If you are looking for a wedding planner that is honest, supportive, very personable, and truly dedicated to making your personal wedding vision come to life - look no further - the Luna Life team is exactly that and more! Thank you for everything, our wedding was unforgettable because of your hard work.
    Love, Kat and Kai
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa B. Married on 11/01/2020

Trusted friends to guide you!

From the moment we were introduced, Barbara made it extremely easy to plan this from across continents (We live in Australia). Because she really got to know us, it felt natural to trust her and let her take the wheel with her advice and suggestions to make everything smooth and easy. On the actual wedding day her whole team went above and beyond to make everything happen seamlessly. She is a genuine soul with trusted connections in the area so you always know you're getting good value and quality with EVERYTHING. Just do it! Book them! I miss chatting with Barbara already!
    Genny Married on 08/28/2020
    Our destination wedding in Akumal, Mexico was AMAZING! Barb and Manuel went above and beyond to make our dream wedding come true! We are so glad we found them as we wouldn't be able to make this all happen by ourselves. I wish we could do this wedding all over again, it was so much fun seeing everything put together. Barb and Manuel were so responsive. It didn't stop after the wedding, they they provide assistance with other things such as favorite restaurants, activities and advice on how to get around! They are really good at what they do. We really love how the pictures came out. It was so much fun working with these two, in fact I wish we would have hire them for our wedding in Portland!
    Tricia R. Married on 05/30/2020

Absolutely Amazing.

Barb and Manuel were a dream to work with. They are not only very personable and amazing people, they are super responsive and very well connected in the area. After having to postpone my wedding due to COVID, I was very nervous about things not going right. Barb eased ALL my concerns and gave me the wedding beyond my dreams. It was just picture perfect and as stress free as possible. Barb handled all the ups and downs and took the lead and made everything happen seamlessly. The vendors she recommended were all GREAT, and all their suggestions were spot on. I HIGHLY recommend Barb and Manuel for a personalized and gorgeous wedding.
  • Matt
    Matt S. Married on 05/12/2020

Don't think twice about hiring Barb!

Barb will make your dream wedding come true! She has an amazing list of recommended vendors, which she'll tie together seamlessly on your wedding day. Barb is very experienced, will help you check all the boxes, and will leave you speechless after the wedding day.
  • Melanie
    Melanie V. Married on 02/29/2020

dream wedding come true thanks to Barb and her team.

I can't thank Barbara and her team for making our wedding vision come to life. From our first conversation with Barbara it just felt right. She really walks you through on the wedding process and will make you feel like a friend. I genuinely enjoyed all my phone meetings with Barbara. Like many of you I found Barb through reviews, Besides just being genuinely amazing person , Barb is well connected and will be able to connect you with some amazing vendors. My dream wedding was on 2/29 and I feel so blessed it happened before all the craziness of the corona virus but I can say I'm so thankful to Barb and her team for helping create a day I will never forget. If you are a future bride looking into Tulum and want a wedding planner who will walk you through and help to create your dream day then definitely reach out to Barb.
    Coral Married on 11/16/2019

Barb was amazing!

I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner! She knew everything I wanted, and made the day so perfect!
  • Emma
    Emma C. Married on 11/09/2019

Hiring Luna Life was the best decision I've ever made!

I don't know how to begin describing my gratitude, admiration, and appreciation for Barb, Manuel, and the Luna Life team. They were easy to communicate with, organized, positive, and an absolute joy to work with. I still text with Barb about the wedding daily and consider her a friend! Most importantly, they completely respected our vision for the wedding, constantly offering new ideas and being open to our ideas and finding ways to implement them within our budget. I still cannot get over the feeling of walking into the ceremony and seeing all of our hard work come to life--the flowers, music, lighting, food, drinks and small details were more than I could have imagined. Barb even made our wedding cake (a tres leeches cake) to save us some money and people ask me for the recipe all the time. It was SO good and beautiful! I really believed I could not have a wedding like this within my budget, but Barb and Manual made it happen with ease. This is money well spent--the peace of mind, professionalism, connections to vendors and positive energy make it well worth it. Thank you, Luna Life and team!!
  • Denise
    Denise Married on 10/11/2019

Super Woman!!!!

A big ginormous THANK YOU, to the woman behind this magical event, the one who from thousands of miles away was able to put together every detail in our wedding. The one who went above and beyond to make our wishes come true. She not only coordinated every vendor, she planned our whole week vacation! We had a guest count of 30, all of our guests enjoyed our wedding my sister-in-law said the wedding ceremony felt like something out of a movie!! Our hearts are overwhelmed with joy and beautiful memories. Thank you Barb Luna and Luna Life Wedding & Events for being there every step of the way on this wild journey.
    Shelly R. Married on 04/27/2019

Barb will go

I found a recommendation for Barb's wedding planning services while surfing TripAdvisor. She was one of a handful of wedding planner/coordinators I reached out to once we had decided Tulum was our destination wedding location. Many ghosted me once I told them our target budget :(
    Barb stood out - she was always so responsive and professional. Always tossing ideas out that I hadn't even thought of yet. Overall, she really cared about helping us stay within our budget. While my husband and I had traveled to the Quintana Roo area several times before, we had never visited Tulum so we heavily relied on Barb's local knowledge and experience for almost every aspect of the entire wedding weekend. In addition to the wedding day planning, she (along with her team) helped plan and coordinate our welcome happy hour at Chacabar (in Aldea Zama). Everything was perfect :)
    Barb and her team went above and beyond to pull off our destination wedding and we could NOT be happier with how the entire weekend turned out.
    As an example of Barb going above and beyond...After the wedding ceremony, all of the guests gathered around us in a circle and tossed rose pedals while the photographer snapped some amazing shots. This was not planned or ever discussed but we LOVED IT and the photos turned out so special all thanks to Barb and her team! We definitely could not have pulled off the weekend without her and will always have a special place in our hearts for her -- thank you so much for everything Barb!!
    Belinda Married on 04/13/2019

So. Much. Fun!!!

Our wedding was So. Much. Fun!

Thanks to Barb and the Luna Life Events team for it all. Barb really listened to what we wanted and honored our requests. She kept us on track with planning deadlines, being flexible with phone calls and was very patient with our busy schedules.

We were very pleased with all her recommendations - Chacabar restaurant was the perfect venue for the welcome dinner. The food was delicious and the colorful decor and jungle ambiance introduced our guests to the beauty of Tulum. Eleazor and his salsa band sounded amazing and so fun to dance to.

Wedding day was fantastic. All the decor came out exactly as I wanted- from the wedding arch to the flowers on the dining tables and the lighting. The food was again amazing -Ginger catering was so tasty and the cake--sooo good! I had numerous guests compliment how great the food was. Barb had a few surprises for us on wedding day which made us feel so special. Most impressive was that every guest stated how this had been the most fun wedding they had ever attended.

We highly recommend Barb and her team for your wedding (or any party). I wish I could relive this day over and over!
    Brooke L. Married on 03/15/2019

Very personalized experience!

Working with Barb was such a fun experience. She's a wonderful person to talk with, and she's very knowledgeable about all the local vendors and options to make your day special. I truly felt that her and her team took our special day to heart, and made sure that we had everything we could possibly want for a magical wedding! She runs a small family operation that made the whole experience feel much more personal. And when the day of the event arrived, I had nothing to worry about, Barb and her team handled everything seamlessly! I had no stress and wasn't even aware of all the action going on behind the scenes to make it all happen. I wouldn't look any further for a wedding planner. Honestly, this experience was highly personalized to us and our needs. She works hard to fit everything in your budget, and she just gets it done! We loved working with her and all her vendors, our day could not have been more perfect!
  • Ani
    Ani I. Married on 03/13/2019

Best you can have!!

Don’t look any further! Just book them! With such a low budget they make our weeding a dream one! Everything was just perfect, more then I ever dream of. Everybody who saw the photos and all our guests was over impressed! They are so good and lovely ! You will be superrrrr happyyyy! We booked them for couple of hours and they stay as long as was needed! You don’t need to worry about anything- let everything in their professional hands. When i come outside and saw how beautiful they decorated everything 😻❤️ - wow!!! I was so scared that being such a small wedding was going to be very expensive to have a wedding planner and wasn't. SHE manage everything so well with very little budget. She deserves every penny! We planned all by what’s up & email and was not problem at all. She even ordered stuff online for me and bring them all the way from US for me. love Barbara !
  • Yari
    Yari M. Married on 01/27/2019

The perfect wedding

Luna Life is the complete package. It was difficult getting a response to my email inquiries about a small wedding with 20 guests in Tulum. Barb was the most responsive of them all. She quickly answered my email, coordinated a phone call and we knew she was the perfect one for us. We had great communication, she provided us great suggestions and vendors, understood our vision and overachieved it. The venue, flowers, music, sparklers, pictures, everything was perfect and she made it happen in our tight budget. We had a perfect day and will always be grateful to Luna Life for making it happen.
  • Paige
    Paige Married on 01/25/2019

If you’re looking for a phenomenal wedding planner in Tulum, stop now!

Barb and her team literally gave us the wedding of our dreams! From the first phone call we had with her, we knew that we were in more than capable hands. My fiancé and I had been to Tulum multiple times and knew we wanted to have our wedding here, but other than that, we didn’t have a clue where to start! Barb found us the most beautiful villa to stay in and have our wedding at and took care of all of the little details that I wouldn’t have even thought of. I knew the general idea I was going for with my wedding vibe, but wasn’t sure about a lot of the little things. Barb was so intuitive and brought everything to life plus some. She was never pushy and was always super upfront and honest about all of our options and the pricing of everything. We just LOVED her and her team. The day of our wedding was seriously a dream. I cannot recommend barb and her team enough!

Luna Life Weddings's reply:

Thank you Paige and Sam! I know the weather issue was trying but you both handled it so well. And unbelievably It quit raining! What an amazing wedding it was. You both were wonderful along with both your Moms, families and friends.
    Thank you thank you!!!!!!
    Barb, Manuel and Luna Lufe Team!
    Nabil S. Married on 10/20/2018

Tulum Wedding Dreams

A Beach, a Jungle, seventy-five guests, and not one hiccup. We accomplished the desire of a beautiful beach ceremony, parties between the trees, transportation from one location to the next, and all within a tight budget. We revisit the photos regularly and remember the perfection of the week, the pure excitement from our guests and the best wedding we could have asked for. These all came into place because of the organization, network and hard work of our wedding planner and her team.

Luna Life Weddings's reply:

Thank you!!!!!! It was so fun working with you both and how this wedding morphed from elopement to our biggest wedding yet! Haha.
    I will miss all our group text discussions and the plentiful use of emoticons!
    I hope to see you both again in Tulum and maybe you’ll have your firstborn with you? Haha. Just kidding. Not.
    Take care and thank you for your confidence in us!
    Barb, Manuel and Luna Life Team
    Sarah Married on 10/13/2018

We couldn’t have done it without her!

We chose Barb based on TripAdvisor recommendations, and we are so glad we did.

She is so personable and I probably bugged her more than I should have but she never complained and was always eager to hear my ideas.

We met Barb a year prior to our wedding at the venue and she gave us a tour and even took our save the date photos which turned out beautifully! We loved spending time with her and her husband Manuel.

The great thing about Barb is she keeps it real. She’ll let you know if you’re in fantasy land and thinking way outside your budget, but then will also find you unique alternatives that fit within the budget.

The day of our wedding I was actually stunned at how beautiful it turned out. Never did I imagine it would turn out the way it did! I can’t wait to get our photos and video back just so I can really take in all the details!

Barb THANK YOU. We love you. You’re more than a wedding planner. You’re an amazing, creative, hysterical woman; and now that you’re no longer our wedding planner we consider you a dear friend ♥️
    Kaylee Married on 09/01/2018
    From the beginning, Barb was attentive to all my needs and worries. I struggled finding a wedding planner and was so lucky to finally find Barbs contact info. She worked with my budget but still made my vision come to life. She was full of knowledge of the area and was able to do a quick change of the ceremony venue flawlessly. Definitely recommend!

Luna Life Weddings's reply:

Thanks Manuel and Kaylee for letting us help you out together your dream wedding and introducing you to a spot that I think will be a favorite place to return in future years.
    Barb, Manuel and Team