Luna Life Events and Photography Reviews

21 | Cancun, MX

21 Reviews for Luna Life Events and Photography

• Alyssa

Alyssa Bermudez · Getting married on 11/01/2020

Trusted friends to guide you!

From the moment we were introduced, Barbara made it extremely easy to plan this from across continents (We live in Australia). Because she really got to know us, it felt natural to trust her and let her take the wheel with her advice and suggestions to make everything smooth and easy. On the actual wedding day her whole team went above and beyond to make everything happen seamlessly. She is a genuine soul with trusted connections in the area so you always know you're getting good value and quality with EVERYTHING. Just do it! Book them! I miss chatting with Barbara already!

Sent on 01/26/2020

Genny · Married on 08/28/2020

Our destination wedding in Akumal, Mexico was AMAZING! Barb and Manuel went above and beyond to make our dream wedding come true! We are so glad we found them as we wouldn't be able to make this all happen by ourselves. I wish we could do this wedding all over again, it was so much fun seeing everything put together. Barb and Manuel were so responsive. It didn't stop after the wedding, they they provide assistance with other things such as favorite restaurants, activities and advice on how to get around! They are really good at what they do. We really love how the pictures came out. It was so much fun working with these two, in fact I wish we would have hire them for our wedding in Portland!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Tricia Rood · Married on 05/30/2020

Absolutely Amazing.

Barb and Manuel were a dream to work with. They are not only very personable and amazing people, they are super responsive and very well connected in the area. After having to postpone my wedding due to COVID, I was very nervous about things not going right. Barb eased ALL my concerns and gave me the wedding beyond my dreams. It was just picture perfect and as stress free as possible. Barb handled all the ups and downs and took the lead and made everything happen seamlessly. The vendors she recommended were all GREAT, and all their suggestions were spot on. I HIGHLY recommend Barb and Manuel for a personalized and gorgeous wedding.

Sent on 08/31/2020
  • Melanie

melanie valle · Married on 02/29/2020

dream wedding come true thanks to Barb and her team.

I can't thank Barbara and her team for making our wedding vision come to life. From our first conversation with Barbara it just felt right. She really walks you through on the wedding process and will make you feel like a friend. I genuinely enjoyed all my phone meetings with Barbara. Like many of you I found Barb through reviews, Besides just being genuinely amazing person , Barb is well connected and will be able to connect you with some amazing vendors. My dream wedding was on 2/29 and I feel so blessed it happened before all the craziness of the corona virus but I can say I'm so thankful to Barb and her team for helping create a day I will never forget. If you are a future bride looking into Tulum and want a wedding planner who will walk you through and help to create your dream day then definitely reach out to Barb.

Sent on 04/12/2020

Coral Ji · Married on 11/16/2019

Barb was amazing!

I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner! She knew everything I wanted, and made the day so perfect!

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Emma

Emma Chalverus · Married on 11/09/2019

Hiring Luna Life was the best decision I've ever made!

I don't know how to begin describing my gratitude, admiration, and appreciation for Barb, Manuel, and the Luna Life team. They were easy to communicate with, organized, positive, and an absolute joy to work with. I still text with Barb about the wedding daily and consider her a friend! Most importantly, they completely respected our vision for the wedding, constantly offering new ideas and being open to our ideas and finding ways to implement them within our budget. I still cannot get over the feeling of walking into the ceremony and seeing all of our hard work come to life--the flowers, music, lighting, food, drinks and small details were more than I could have imagined. Barb even made our wedding cake (a tres leeches cake) to save us some money and people ask me for the recipe all the time. It was SO good and beautiful! I really believed I could not have a wedding like this within my budget, but Barb and Manual made it happen with ease. This is money well spent--the peace of mind, professionalism, connections to vendors and positive energy make it well worth it. Thank you, Luna Life and team!!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Denise

Denise · Married on 10/11/2019

Super Woman!!!!

A big ginormous THANK YOU, to the woman behind this magical event, the one who from thousands of miles away was able to put together every detail in our wedding. The one who went above and beyond to make our wishes come true. She not only coordinated every vendor, she planned our whole week vacation! We had a guest count of 30, all of our guests enjoyed our wedding my sister-in-law said the wedding ceremony felt like something out of a movie!! Our hearts are overwhelmed with joy and beautiful memories. Thank you Barb Luna and Luna Life Wedding & Events for being there every step of the way on this wild journey.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Shelly Reynolds · Married on 04/27/2019

Barb will go

I found a recommendation for Barb's wedding planning services while surfing TripAdvisor. She was one of a handful of wedding planner/coordinators I reached out to once we had decided Tulum was our destination wedding location. Many ghosted me once I told them our target budget :(
    Barb stood out - she was always so responsive and professional. Always tossing ideas out that I hadn't even thought of yet. Overall, she really cared about helping us stay within our budget. While my husband and I had traveled to the Quintana Roo area several times before, we had never visited Tulum so we heavily relied on Barb's local knowledge and experience for almost every aspect of the entire wedding weekend. In addition to the wedding day planning, she (along with her team) helped plan and coordinate our welcome happy hour at Chacabar (in Aldea Zama). Everything was perfect :)
    Barb and her team went above and beyond to pull off our destination wedding and we could NOT be happier with how the entire weekend turned out.
    As an example of Barb going above and beyond...After the wedding ceremony, all of the guests gathered around us in a circle and tossed rose pedals while the photographer snapped some amazing shots. This was not planned or ever discussed but we LOVED IT and the photos turned out so special all thanks to Barb and her team! We definitely could not have pulled off the weekend without her and will always have a special place in our hearts for her -- thank you so much for everything Barb!!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Belinda · Married on 04/13/2019

So. Much. Fun!!!

Our wedding was So. Much. Fun!

Thanks to Barb and the Luna Life Events team for it all. Barb really listened to what we wanted and honored our requests. She kept us on track with planning deadlines, being flexible with phone calls and was very patient with our busy schedules.

We were very pleased with all her recommendations - Chacabar restaurant was the perfect venue for the welcome dinner. The food was delicious and the colorful decor and jungle ambiance introduced our guests to the beauty of Tulum. Eleazor and his salsa band sounded amazing and so fun to dance to.

Wedding day was fantastic. All the decor came out exactly as I wanted- from the wedding arch to the flowers on the dining tables and the lighting. The food was again amazing -Ginger catering was so tasty and the cake--sooo good! I had numerous guests compliment how great the food was. Barb had a few surprises for us on wedding day which made us feel so special. Most impressive was that every guest stated how this had been the most fun wedding they had ever attended.

We highly recommend Barb and her team for your wedding (or any party). I wish I could relive this day over and over!

Sent on 05/09/2019

Brooke Leverone · Married on 03/15/2019

Very personalized experience!

Working with Barb was such a fun experience. She's a wonderful person to talk with, and she's very knowledgeable about all the local vendors and options to make your day special. I truly felt that her and her team took our special day to heart, and made sure that we had everything we could possibly want for a magical wedding! She runs a small family operation that made the whole experience feel much more personal. And when the day of the event arrived, I had nothing to worry about, Barb and her team handled everything seamlessly! I had no stress and wasn't even aware of all the action going on behind the scenes to make it all happen. I wouldn't look any further for a wedding planner. Honestly, this experience was highly personalized to us and our needs. She works hard to fit everything in your budget, and she just gets it done! We loved working with her and all her vendors, our day could not have been more perfect!

Sent on 05/05/2019
  • Ani

Ani Iliescu · Married on 03/13/2019

Best you can have!!

Don’t look any further! Just book them! With such a low budget they make our weeding a dream one! Everything was just perfect, more then I ever dream of. Everybody who saw the photos and all our guests was over impressed! They are so good and lovely ! You will be superrrrr happyyyy! We booked them for couple of hours and they stay as long as was needed! You don’t need to worry about anything- let everything in their professional hands. When i come outside and saw how beautiful they decorated everything 😻❤️ - wow!!! I was so scared that being such a small wedding was going to be very expensive to have a wedding planner and wasn't. SHE manage everything so well with very little budget. She deserves every penny! We planned all by what’s up & email and was not problem at all. She even ordered stuff online for me and bring them all the way from US for me. love Barbara !

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Yari

Yari Marrero · Married on 01/27/2019

The perfect wedding

Luna Life is the complete package. It was difficult getting a response to my email inquiries about a small wedding with 20 guests in Tulum. Barb was the most responsive of them all. She quickly answered my email, coordinated a phone call and we knew she was the perfect one for us. We had great communication, she provided us great suggestions and vendors, understood our vision and overachieved it. The venue, flowers, music, sparklers, pictures, everything was perfect and she made it happen in our tight budget. We had a perfect day and will always be grateful to Luna Life for making it happen.

Sent on 02/09/2019
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 01/25/2019

If you’re looking for a phenomenal wedding planner in Tulum, stop now!

Barb and her team literally gave us the wedding of our dreams! From the first phone call we had with her, we knew that we were in more than capable hands. My fiancé and I had been to Tulum multiple times and knew we wanted to have our wedding here, but other than that, we didn’t have a clue where to start! Barb found us the most beautiful villa to stay in and have our wedding at and took care of all of the little details that I wouldn’t have even thought of. I knew the general idea I was going for with my wedding vibe, but wasn’t sure about a lot of the little things. Barb was so intuitive and brought everything to life plus some. She was never pushy and was always super upfront and honest about all of our options and the pricing of everything. We just LOVED her and her team. The day of our wedding was seriously a dream. I cannot recommend barb and her team enough!

Sent on 02/18/2019

Luna Life Events and Photography's reply:

Thank you Paige and Sam! I know the weather issue was trying but you both handled it so well. And unbelievably It quit raining! What an amazing wedding it was. You both were wonderful along with both your Moms, families and friends.
    Thank you thank you!!!!!!
    Barb, Manuel and Luna Lufe Team!

Nabil Suleiman · Married on 10/20/2018

Tulum Wedding Dreams

A Beach, a Jungle, seventy-five guests, and not one hiccup. We accomplished the desire of a beautiful beach ceremony, parties between the trees, transportation from one location to the next, and all within a tight budget. We revisit the photos regularly and remember the perfection of the week, the pure excitement from our guests and the best wedding we could have asked for. These all came into place because of the organization, network and hard work of our wedding planner and her team.

Sent on 12/01/2018

Luna Life Events and Photography's reply:

Thank you!!!!!! It was so fun working with you both and how this wedding morphed from elopement to our biggest wedding yet! Haha.
    I will miss all our group text discussions and the plentiful use of emoticons!
    I hope to see you both again in Tulum and maybe you’ll have your firstborn with you? Haha. Just kidding. Not.
    Take care and thank you for your confidence in us!
    Barb, Manuel and Luna Life Team

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2018

We couldn’t have done it without her!

We chose Barb based on TripAdvisor recommendations, and we are so glad we did.

She is so personable and I probably bugged her more than I should have but she never complained and was always eager to hear my ideas.

We met Barb a year prior to our wedding at the venue and she gave us a tour and even took our save the date photos which turned out beautifully! We loved spending time with her and her husband Manuel.

The great thing about Barb is she keeps it real. She’ll let you know if you’re in fantasy land and thinking way outside your budget, but then will also find you unique alternatives that fit within the budget.

The day of our wedding I was actually stunned at how beautiful it turned out. Never did I imagine it would turn out the way it did! I can’t wait to get our photos and video back just so I can really take in all the details!

Barb THANK YOU. We love you. You’re more than a wedding planner. You’re an amazing, creative, hysterical woman; and now that you’re no longer our wedding planner we consider you a dear friend ♥️

Sent on 11/26/2019

Kaylee · Married on 09/01/2018

From the beginning, Barb was attentive to all my needs and worries. I struggled finding a wedding planner and was so lucky to finally find Barbs contact info. She worked with my budget but still made my vision come to life. She was full of knowledge of the area and was able to do a quick change of the ceremony venue flawlessly. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Luna Life Events and Photography's reply:

Thanks Manuel and Kaylee for letting us help you out together your dream wedding and introducing you to a spot that I think will be a favorite place to return in future years.
    Barb, Manuel and Team

Nick · Married on 04/09/2018

Barb and Manuel were absolute rockstars! We did not know what to expect at all doing our wedding in Tulum, Mexico. We had done a little research and stumbled upon a few recommendations for Barb as a wedding planner. After talking to her and a few others we decided she made us feel the most comfortable so we went with her. I don't think the process could have gone any smoother or have a better result. Honestly our wedding was amazing. And it was on the cheaper side, as weddings go! We had a small budget that we wanted to stick to and Barb worked with us to save where we could and splurge where we could. And after everything was said and done we were happy to have not been pressured to do more than we wanted or were able. And even with that said our ceremony on the beach and reception and party after were for the record books. We've been happily married now for 5 months and are so thankful for everyone that helped make our wedding the event it was. Especially Barb and Manuel. So much love and so many beautiful memories!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Luna Life Events and Photography's reply:

You two were rock star clients!
    And I’ll never forget the amazing dancing happening at your wedding! So joyful!!
    Thanks for your trust!
    Hope to see you in the future.
    Barb, Manuel and Team

Caroline · Married on 03/22/2018

Luna Life is a amazing team! Knowledgeable, helpful and so wonderful to work with, would recommend them as planners and photographers and be sure to ask em about the best places to eat!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Rocío · Married on 01/06/2018

They are amazing! They already know what you want or need before ask, there is not better option than them! We are super happy to have them part of this special day.

Sent on 02/11/2018

Tamara · Married on 11/04/2017

Planning a wedding isn't easy and planning a wedding to a destination you've never visited is even more difficult. My search for a wedding planner started 9 months before my wedding, which was 11/4/17. We chose Tulum Mexico and I selected a venue, Cabanas La Luna. Cabanas La Luna did not have an onsite planner so I reached out to a handful of planners and was specific on what I wanted with a budget of $12000 for 50 guests. I had one planner email me back and say they can't plan a wedding with that type of budget and another give me a OUTRAGEOUS price for planning. I was getting bad vibes and discouraged about finding someone I trusted. I came across Luna Life Events and Photography on Trip advisor and I reached out. They contacted me soon after and we spoke on the phone for over an hour about what I was envisioning for a wedding. Barb was patient, honest, attentive and friendly. Most of all I trusted her just from speaking on the phone and a few emails back and forth. I hired Luna Life Events and Photography a few days later for planning and photography, without ever meeting them and I crossed my fingers hoping I made the right choice. Barb and Manuel visit Tulum quiet often and they visited my venue, Cabanas La Luna for a food tasting and to get an idea of the general layout. Barb sent videos, photos and provide a lot of details about what to expect which help lessen the anxiety of having a wedding at a location Iv'e never visited. Barb and Manuel did a great job at planning the wedding in advanced and coming up with the timeline. I emailed or text her about EVERYTHING and she responded. If she didn't know the answer she would find out and get back to me soon after. We cut corners and expenses where we felt it was necessary and still had the wedding I envisioned. The decorations, photographs and flower were beautiful. I would highly recommend Luna La Events Planning and Photography!

Sent on 04/27/2018

Tiffany · Married on 11/03/2017

Barb and Manuel are simply the best photographers and wedding planners you can have. They were professional and easy to work with, and they listened and responded to everything we wanted (and anticipated what we would like—and nailed it!). They were detail oriented and customer focused, and we had an absolute blast planning with them. They made the process very easy, and everything looked amazing. My friends and family can't believe how smoothly everything went on the big day, and my husband and I both think it's the best wedding we've ever been to. (And we are not the only ones!) What a party!

Sent on 12/13/2017