Luma & Lavender Reviews

15 | Lake Stevens, WA

15 Reviews for Luma & Lavender

Morgan · Married on 08/25/2018

Haley is as sweet as they come!! She is professional and courteous and you can tell that she is truly passionate about making everyone's dreams come true when it comes to their special day. I'd recommend her to anyone and everyone!!!

• Bryndis

Bryndis · Married on 08/19/2018

Hiring Haley as our day of coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Our day would not have come together so well and run so smoothly, it was all thanks to her. Haley was always very responsive, always had suggestions when I had questions, but never imposed any decisions on us. She was just there to help us execute our wedding exactly how we wanted it to be. On the day of, Haley did such an amazing job handling all the vendors, making sure everything happened as it should, and also checked on us several times to make sure we were doing ok and didn't need anything. I would absolutely recommend Haley!

Sent on 09/09/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 07/14/2018

If you are looking for something intimate and personal and not cliché then look no further! Hayley demonstrates high standards of work ethic. She takes so much pride in their work and her passion shines through. She is professional, always willing to listen but not afraid to tell you her expert opinion based on the knowledge and experience she has.

Sent on 05/12/2017

Lynzie · Married on 08/26/2017

HANDS DOWN THE BEST! Not only did she take care of our own needs, but everyone in our family felt like they were well taken care of, too, which was extremely important to us. With all of the hustle and bustle, it's hard to answer everybody's questions (vendors, family, etc.) Haley had an answer or decision for everything. And, if she didn't have answer, she would make sure to figure it out in a timely manner.
    From months leading up to the wedding, to the rehearsal, to the actual day of the wedding -- Haley outdid herself.
    It was also extremely helpful that her husband was our photographer, too! (Kyle Goldie, Luma Weddings)
    They make an AWESOME team and I would highly suggest that you hire them both if you are in need.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Lauren · Married on 07/29/2017

We found Haley online while searching through images of our wedding venue Wandering Waters. Haley and her husband were also married there and we could not wait to work with someone who not only was familiar with the area but also who was passionate about the natural environment surrounding it. From the first meeting Haley was down to earth, flexible, willing to share tips, tricks, what she learned on her wedding day and reassure us that the day of would be beautiful.

In the month leading up to the wedding, Haley helped us to coordinate with vendors, make a schedule that really suited our needs for the day and help with a few design details we had simply run out of time for. One thing that really struck us was Haley's attention to capturing the day from her time working with her husband Kyle. She helped us set up a first look and set aside time for sunset photos, both of which sound like small details but became our favourite moments of the day and also the best shots that we can't wait to put up in our home. Many friends told us before getting married that finding time in the day to be together for a few moments as husband and wife can be tricky and these photo moments created that time for us to take a moment and breathe and take in the day together.

On the day of the wedding, Haley and her assistant Krystle were so helpful - we were worried they wouldn't have time to sit down and eat! We cannot recommend them enough!

Lauren & Spencer

Sent on 08/08/2017

Nicole · Married on 07/22/2017

I highly recommend Luma and Lavender for any wedding! Haley went above and beyond to help make sure this day went smoothly. I honestly can't imagine how any of it would have gone without her help! She thought of things that never even crossed my mind, any question we had she was going straight to the necessary person to figure it out, she worked so well with the other vendors some of them I never even saw and my DJ mentioned to us this was one of the most on schedule weddings he has ever DJ'd. I would hire Haley again in a heartbeat and recommend her to anyone looking for a day of coordinator.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Kelsey · Married on 06/30/2017

Haley is such a sweet planner. She truly has a heart to serve and we have loved working with her. If you want someone who listens and you are comfortable talking with, hire her!!

chen-hsi · Married on 06/23/2017

Haley is so sweet and so much fun to work with! She was very helpful during our destination wedding, she thought of all the details and anticipated our needs. If you're looking for a wedding coordinator, look no further, Haley's the best!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Aaron · Married on 06/17/2017

Haley was amazing. As the groom, I was initially opposed to spending more money to hire a coordinator. As the day approached however, I couldn't have been happier with the decision. Haley took care of the rehearsal, coordinating the vendors, helping with the schedule, helping set everything up, keeping things on track and organized, and wedding party/family wrangling (which is a constant job during the big day). Let's face it, you are already spending a ton of money to get married, the last thing you want is to worry about something going wrong or getting forgotten. Haley delivers peace of mind, which is invaluable, and let's you just enjoy your wedding day to the fullest.

Sent on 07/17/2017

Laura · Married on 06/10/2017

Haley is so great! It was a pleasure working with her, she made the day easy! She was calm and kind to everyone she encountered during her clients day. The whole day went seamlessly and it was apparent she put great pride in her work. I hope to work with Haley in the future!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/30/2016

We had the pleasure of working with Haley June/July 2016 for our engagement photo shoot and our wedding day. She was so great to have! She was there assisting her husband, our wedding photographer (who we also highly recommend- Luma Weddings ??). She was able to put us at ease the entire time. Constantly directing us, and our wedding party, to where needed to be and the different poses we were suppose to be doing. She did everything in a timely manner and was so incredibly helpful. You could tell she put hours of prep in, prior to our wedding day, to make sure everything ran smoothly. We would have been lost without her!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Julianna · Married on 08/16/2014

Haley is awesome! On my wedding day I wrote my vows on my phone- my cell phone died right before the ceremony. Haley found a charger, and got my phone to turn on just long enough to write down everything I had written for my husband to be. She handed me the vows on a piece of paper before I walked down the isle. She truly saved the day. Her bright smile, attention to detail, and cheerful demeanor are exactly what you will want to keep you relaxed on your big day!

Sent on 05/12/2017

Never had them do an event but met them on a cruise years ago and are still in touch. Kyle and Haley do an amazing job and are so easy to get along with. They listen to your concerns and help you out with them. I would highly highly recommend them to do an event.

Ali · Married on 04/14/2018

As the wife of a wedding photographer and a recent bride, Haley has been on BOTH sides of the veil, so to speak. I only gave her a 4 for professionalism because Haley's services are very personal, and therefore she is too (which I prefer over a starched, super-professional relationship). She is definitely in the mix, so although this is a new company, she isn't a newbie to the wedding industry! I will definitely refer my engaged friends to her!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Katherine · Married on 09/02/2018

1.4
      1.5
      0.5

I booked Haley based on her husband’s reputation and my thought that the two would work well together. Her husband, Kyle Goldie of Luma Weddings, was professional, easy to work with, and gave us incredible images we will treasure forever. I would emphatically recommend Kyle as your photographer but unfortunately, I would never even consider working with his wife again.

I could write an essay on all of the ways that I felt let down and disappointed by Haley but I’m not sure that would be helpful. The reality is that in nearly every area Haley demonstrated a lack of organization and attention to detail.

To be honest, I could have overcome a job mediocre done, but an issue arose with a guest that I felt was dealt with poorly by Haley. Rather than de-escalating a drunk guest Haley engaged with him and began shouting and cussing at him. My brother was sitting and feeding his 6-week-old and after observing this for an extended period of time, he stepped in to intervene. Haley then began cussing and shouting at my brother. Eventually, Haley escalated to a degree that my venue coordinator became involved and asked her to step out to the parking lot to calm down. My brother brought this to my attention later, and I discussed it with the other guests present as well as our venue coordinator prior to bringing it up to Haley after our wedding over email. She denies these events ever occurred and did not offer an apology.

A large part of my decision to post this review came from her dismissive, unprofessional and at times, insulting response to rectify and provide clarity to a clearly upsetting situation my guests and myself endured on my wedding day.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Luma & Lavender's reply:

While I sincerely appreciate reviews of all kinds, the true story of events of this wedding day as told here by have been mislead and misinformed. The drunk guest as described here was incredibly offensive to my husband and even placed his hands on my husbands chest as he attempted to walk by to photograph guests during the reception. And in order for my husband to perform his job safely, I certainly did intervene. And when the guest would not listen, I approached the venue manager to have her handle the situation while I attended to other guests questions and demands. Moreover, while I was doing everything I could to help de-escalate the situation, other guests (sober, drunk and in between) would not keep their comments to themselves. I was harassed by your family and guests the entire day, I have never felt so unsafe at a wedding. Nobody would listen to what the real story was of the evening as it unfolded in truth, and this review perfectly exemplifies as to how we were treated throughout the day. Sometimes bad reviews like this are received, and I wouldn’t have an issue with a low marked review if in fact the story was told in full truth with all of the story, but unfortunately - this review came from an ill-informed source(s) and there’s nothing I can do about it. All I want to do is move on and cease communications to move forward amicably so that the newlyweds can enjoy their time as newlyweds. I truly wish you the absolute best. Take care, and congratulations again.