LuLu Country Club Reviews

11 | Glenside, PA

11 Reviews for LuLu Country Club

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Maria · Married on 10/29/2011

Big thanks to Meghan and Jackie at LuLu for an amazing job. They made the past 2 years of planning a success and my reception was everything I envisioned and more.

Sent on 11/07/2011
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 04/30/2011

Can not say enough great things about Lulu Country Club. Not only was it reasonable, but the staff was friendly, accommodating, and made sure my wedding day ran perfectly. From the atmosphere to the food...I received so many compliments from my guests. There is no other place I would rather have had my wedding! I highly recommend this venue for anyone who is looking for a beautiful hall to celebrate their wedding day!

Sent on 03/11/2012

Tanya · Married on 11/22/2008

Everybody at LuLu was great! John Keane and Linda were absolutely fantastic in helping make my day go as smoothly and easy for me as possible. John was very easy to talk to and meet with; he was very accommodating to some of our specific needs. The chef/kitchen are also great for special orders because my husband did not like any of their vegetarian options so he asked them to cook him his favorite eggplant parm and they did without a problem. Linda, being the day of coordinater the club provides, was great in keeping with our time schedule and making sure things ran as they were supposed to. I didn't have to think the entire day. I would recommend them to anybody!

Sent on 12/19/2008

Cynthia · Married on 10/05/2007

I loved Lulu! IT was gorgeous. The food was amazing. Everything wa perfect. The Wedding Consultant, Denise was the best. I wouldnt have changed a thing. And the package they provided was unbelievable. All of our friends say how much they loved it there and how the food was outstanding!

Sent on 10/07/2008
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 12/20/2008

I can't say enough great things about LuLu Country Club. It is a great value for your money. We had a friend who is a florist and wanted her to do our centerpieces even though they came with the price at the Country Club. LuLu gave us a per table discount since they didn't need to provide centerpieces and they gave us a discount because we didn't want the standard appetizer course either. They let guests change their meal choices at the wedding with no additional charge and they were EXTREMELY accomodating at the last minute to one of our guests who sprung on us at the last minute that she is allergic to butter. They did both our ceremony and reception and were accomadating to all our requests - allowed us to have a candlelight ceremony, put together a candy table for me, etc. The maitre d' could not have been nicer, more welcoming, more calming or more effecient. We left the wedding and for weeks afterwards have been hearing people rave about everything from the appetizers, to the salad (and goat cheese croutons!), to the entree, to the not-skimpy on alcohol at all drinks that were all including in a price around $100 per person. 5 starts for LuLu!

Sent on 12/29/2008

Bryan · Married on 06/16/2007

We booked LuLu Country Club initially base on a special they were offering which was a great value for everything that we received. We worked with Denise and she was truely a nice person and a great person to work with. In all the time leading up to the wedding she was easy to work with, very fast to respond to emails or phone calls, and walked us through everything we need to know. Between the time we booked our wedding and our wedding day, there were a number of upgrades made to the country club that made it even better than our initial impression. The entire waitstaff and everyone there worked very hard and delivered top quality service. The food, the surrounding, the entire day was amazing, I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 11/19/2007

Lucy · Married on 03/08/2008

Denise is very responsive, helpful, and patient (I was a little uncoordinated towards the end and she was so patient with us!). LuLu is beautiful, especially the ballroom with the high pitched ceiling and stone fireplaces...great food and lots of options and very nice staff too.

Sent on 05/22/2008

Stacey · Married on 09/14/2007

Denise at Lulu was great to work with during the planning process. I received tons of compliments on the food. Our package included so much - food, alcohol, cake, flowers, etc. Everything was so beautifully put together. I love looking at all of our pictures so that I can relive the perfect day that we had at Lulu.

Sent on 01/24/2008

Kristen · Married on 06/13/2008

4.2
      3.0

Excellent! I loved it there, it was beautiful! I wish that Denise still worked there, because things are very unorganized without her, hopefully they will get their act together soon! The food was outstanding, and everybody had a great time!

Sent on 12/22/2008
  • F

Fiora · Married on 08/16/2009

2.8
      2.5
      3.0

Well..Lu Lu is a nice place. The person i was working with was not the greatest person to work with though.
    I ordered different table covers becuase they didnt have the color I wanted ( peach ) which most places dont..but when I saw them the wedding day they were nothing like I requested. I gave a very clear color swatch showing excatly what I wanted, and I asked Brian three different times if it was the same color, he told me it was. It was my mistake that I didnt go to see them before the wedding.
    I still had a very good wedding there, but if you decide to get married there, talk to John, not Brian

Sent on 09/02/2009

2.8
      2.0
      2.0

LuLu is a beautiful venue with a big open room with one wall of ceiling to floor windows - beautiful natural lighting!!! Wedding day prep went smoothly. The food was excellent. LuLu fell very short on reception service. We had to be on the service staff to open the serving stations and keep the tables moving. Our sweet heart table finally had to request a pitcher of water. We had to track down staff for the cake cutting. Our expectation wasn't that we would have to handle the details that we had spelled out in advance.

Sent on 06/16/2015