Luke Wayne Photography Reviews

Luke Wayne Photography 5
Luke Wayne Photography 6
Luke Wayne Photography 7

Sara · Married on 10/18/2014

I can't say enough good things about Luke! We didn't even speak to another photographer. He makes you feel so comfortable that the time flies by. I was worried about our engagement photos because my husband hates having his photo taken, but Luke was able to bring out his personality and he ended up really enjoying himself!

The day of the wedding, Luke brought a second shooter with him, Ashley, and they both were so great. The bridal party loved them and getting ready in the bridal suite with them capturing everything was so much fun. The first look was so much fun that it was over in no time, and during the ceremony and reception I barely noticed Luke and Ashley - they were like ninjas!

I can't wait to see our wedding photos, Luke is so creative with his shots and angles, I know that they will all be beautiful and I won't feel like any of the shots are cliche or overdone which is exactly what I want. I wI'll recommend Luke to everyone I know in need of a photographer!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Kristopher · Married on 09/20/2014

Luke is the man! We had the absolute best time doing our engagement photos, and the guest book came our great. The day of our wedding Luke did a great job. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Julianne · Married on 08/16/2014

I can’t imagine a better wedding photographer. Not only does Luke have an eye for capturing special moments and authentic emotions, but he’s also a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. From the very first time we contacted him, Luke was incredibly responsive. During our engagement photo session, Luke figured out how to make us laugh and feel at ease to capture meaningful images. Throughout the year he patiently guided us through the planning process and always had an answer for our questions. On the day of the wedding Luke and his assistant, Ashley, arrived on time and got to work. They are an awesome pair working together and everyone enjoyed having them around. Luke proved to be a grounding presence who helped me transition between different parts of an important day. There are really no words to describe how pleased we are with our wedding photos. They’re everything we could have imagined and more. His work really speaks for itself. If I were to do it all over again, Luke Wayne Photography would still be my number one choice.

Sent on 09/10/2014

Erin · Married on 06/07/2014

Luke is simply the best! We can not thank him enough for capturing every meaningful moment and more on our wedding day. His guidance, patience, and creativity is beyond amazing! My husband and I, as well as our family and friends, were blown away by his talent! We can not wait to see more pictures- with out a doubt we know they will be breath taking!

Sent on 07/04/2014

Ken · Married on 04/12/2014

Luke met with us before we hired him and we all had a chance to sit and determine chemistry, he was the only one to do that and it was highly appreciated.

Up to the event he shared proposed schedules and we worked out various "necessary" shots and a timeline.

Luke was very flexible in establishing the days schedule, and the day of the event he was great with us, working all elements of the crowd and adjusting his time table as needed by little wrinkles that befall any wedding day. He was fun to work with and brought a great level of energy to his work.

We are very happy with the quality of images Luke captured the day of our wedding and would gladly hire him again without reservation.

Sent on 06/08/2014

Luke was absolutely amazing, professional, and laid back at the same time. Super flexible and really captured our personalities. I recommend Luke for all your photography needs!!!!!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Alyce · Married on 09/14/2013

Luke did a fantastic job at our wedding, we were referred to him by a friend and I have done nothing but thank her for the recommendation!! He was very responsive to all of our emails and calls, answering every question. He made us feel very at ease, even my husband, who was uncomfortable with having his picture taken usually.
    On the day of the wedding he was there bright an early, he helped keep us on schedule without being pushy and got all the pics on our must have list.
    I have had many compliments on our pictures and can't wait to get our wedding album. I think the best thing was that he was so friendly and kept us in good spirits throughout the process. Our guests enjoyed him as well as our bridal party and I think it comes across in the pictures.
    He does a good mix of candid and traditionals which we really appreciate looking back.

I would recommend Luke to any couple who wants a creative beautiful mix of pictures. If you can try an engagement shoot with him too!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Luke Wayne Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Alyce :-) Your beach wedding was a highlight for me this year....So much fun! Album is on its way!!
    luke

Ashley · Married on 06/29/2013

Luke was an absolute pleasure to work with... He was very quick to respond to any questions or concerns via email and/or telephone. When we were to sign out contract, he fit us in to his schedule to best fit our needs. He was also great about accommodating us for engagement photos, despite already having a very busy schedule. He has delivered on his promised timelines for both engagement and wedding photos to be edited. We had seen him work at another wedding, so we knew that he took great photographs without being in people's faces. We would absolutely recommend him to even our best friends and hope to use him for other family events in the future.

Sent on 08/19/2013
  • jb-designer

jessica · event on 11/18/2012

When I contacted Luke I never thought he would go for our crazy idea. To our surprise, he didn't hesitate to say yes to taking photos while going hiking along Hook Mountain, NY. The hike took longer then expected but Luke was amazing and even took advantage of the low light conditions which we did not expect. We would highly recommend Luke Wayne Photography for doing an amazing job, having a great easy going yet fun personality and being creatively talented in his field. I expect great things from him in the years to come!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Kim · Married on 10/27/2012

We cannot say enough great things about Luke Wayne Photography! His ideas for our engagement and our wedding pictures were amazing! All of our friends and family, to this day comment on how amazing his work is.

Sent on 03/28/2013

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2012

Luke was amazing ! He captured the beautiful essence of me and my husbands wedding as well as our engagment photos. Luke, Made us feel so comfortable In front of the camera and the artistic touch that he adds to the photos are so unique. I can't stop looking at our photos, and have them framed all around our house. Every time I look at those photos the feelings of the special day come right back. We re-live the moment with Luke's pictures. Luke, has photographed my brothers wedding as well as my other brothers baby photos, we plan on calling him for our baby photos as well!

Luke was in our budget. And always available. He incorporates your vision and feelings into the photos. I felt comfortable talking to him about my birthmark on my arm, that I didn't want seen in my wedding photos. He was able to capture every stunning moment with caution of my birthmark. We are very pleased with the work Luke did at our wedding and engagement photos ! And can't wait to work with him again !

Sent on 03/26/2013

Melissa · Married on 05/14/2012

Luke was amazing! We had a blast taking our photos with Luke. He had so many fun ideas. I couldn't ask for a better person to capture the most precious moments of our big day! Not only did he take great photos of our ceremony and reception but the candid shots of our friends and family were fantastic. Thank you Luke for the most awesome experience and for photographing so many memories for Jarrod and I!

Sent on 04/27/2013

Renee · Married on 12/31/2011

We couldn't have chosen a better photographer. Luke was amazing. He went above and beyond what we expected. One time when we met with him before the wedding he came with ideas of where to take pictures at the venue. I couldn't believe he went to the venue before hand to scope out spots. Just an example of how amazing he is. He was also so flexible with our schedule. Obviously a New Year's Eve wedding is a long day. But he adapted our schedule was there for us when we needed him. I would recommend Luke's services to anyone looking for wedding photography. He's a great guy to have around on your wedding day.

Sent on 04/28/2013
  • I

Isabel · Married on 06/18/2011

Our experience with Luke Wayne Photography was unforgettable. He is an extremly professional photographer who made us feel comfortable at all times. He managed to make each photo session enjoyable, and he captured images that we will cherish for ever. He took time to discuss with us prior to the wedding what type of picture we wanted and where we wanted them, he went to great lengths to ensure that we would be happy with the result. I would recommend Luke Wayne photography to any couple, family, or group of friends looking to create lasting images from a memorable event.

Sent on 03/31/2013

Mandy · 0000-00-00

Loved our photos! Would highly recommend him and have already!

Sent on 01/14/2018

Megan · Married on 06/22/2018

Luke and Ashley did such a fantastic job with both our engagement and wedding photos! Kevin and I are in love with how well they captured these special moments in our lives. Luke was so easy to work with, very organized, accommodating, and so talented-especially with light! He put everyone at ease and we had so much fun working with him. Plus we have so many beautiful pictures to help us relive the day! We highly recommend him to any newly engaged couple. You can't go wrong and you're guaranteed to get phenomenal shots!

Sent on 07/24/2018
    Luke Wayne Photography 12
    Luke Wayne Photography 13
    Luke Wayne Photography 14

Luke Wayne Photography's reply:

Awww shucks :-) You guys were great...thank you so much for the review!

Jane + Jon · Married on 07/01/2017

Friendly, accommodating, responsive and takes excellent photos! We're a couple who wasn't so keen on engagement pictures and wanted nice photos of our wedding day without too much fuss. Luke convinced us engagement photos were a good way to practice for the big day and get comfortable in front of the camera. He was right, and we got some nice pictures on top of it - bonus! On the day of the wedding Luke was easy to work with, incredibly efficient (we finished photos ahead of schedule), and kept us at ease. During the reception he was a barely noticeable photography ninja who captured awesome shots. Not only do we have formal pictures to remember our event by, but numerous pictures of our goofy, open smiled, natural laughing photos that truly capture "us". Great guy, awesome photos!!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Great photographer! Amazing photos!
    Luke was great to work with and delivered amazing photos following our big day! He was organized, knowledgeable, and professional! And a lot of fun to work with too! Luke helped keep me organized and developed a wedding day timeline that allowed for all the important details to be captured. We couldn't be happier with the photos we received and look forward to putting together an amazing album to remember the big day. I would recommend him to anyone looking for truly unique and outstanding photos!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Sarah · Married on 03/21/2015

From the first time we met with Luke, we knew he had to be our wedding photographer. He immediately astounded us with his passion for this work and his knowledge of both photography and weddings. Even before we had booked him, he gave us great advice on planning a smooth wedding day. During our engagement session with Luke, he helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and we got to know him better as a person. Luke's personality is one of his biggest assets -- he is truly a "people person," and he will make all of your guests feel at ease and enjoy being photographed. Luke and his assistant were with us for nearly 12 hours, capturing all of the important moments of our wedding day. Luke had met with us about two months before the wedding to help us plan a photography schedule for the day and brainstorm locations for all of our photographs, which was a huge help. If you want a photographer with a great personality, creative ideas, and top notch attention to detail, Luke is your guy! My husband and I constantly look at our wedding photographs because they perfectly captured our beautiful day and help us remember all of the details.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Lisa · Married on 06/23/2013

Luke did an excellent job with our wedding! We didn't really want a whole lot of formal photos for our big day; we mainly wanted candid shots, as well as shots that had a more natural feel to it, something that reflected what type of people we were. Luke was able to do just that and then some! He took our photo requests and did an awesome job fulfilling them. He also a bunch of his own excellent ideas which added an extra flair to what we already wanted. For example, as a dancer I wanted a whole lot of dance photos. He was not only able to keep up with my husband and I and our dancer guests, he even had this cool idea of lighting up our moves from behind, which created some beautiful results!
    Excellent photos wasn't the only reason we liked Luke though! He was incredibly flexible with the contract and scheduling, and very willing to adjust to our needs and desires. His price was very reasonable too, keeping well within our budget; we actually saved quite a bit of money going with him! To top it off, Luke is an all-around easygoing and nice guy. I would recommend him for any photo event, wedding or otherwise!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Angela · Married on 10/21/2017

2.4
      2.0
      2.5
      1.5
      2.0

Luke is an amazing photographer and is truly gifted at what he does. Now, with that being said, he also has a few quirks about him that make him difficult to work with. I had two major issues with Luke and if we hadn’t already paid him in full, I would have switched photographers after the first issue. The first issue arose when I started discussing a “live edit” show that I had purchased through my DJ. A live edit involves playing a slide show at the end of the wedding that is put together by the DJ and photographer during dinner time. I had paid an extra $750 to my DJ for this option and was really excited about it. When I spoke with Luke he stated that while everyone was enjoying their dinner, he planned on doing the same and would not work with the DJ and provide images for the slide show. I was instantly turned off by Luke and very disgusted. I am not paying you thousands of dollars to enjoy your dinner; I’m paying you to do a job. I decided to let my ill feelings towards Luke go and just hoped that he would make it up to me by taking amazing photos on my wedding day. As I suspected, Luke did exactly that, and captured beautiful moments that I will have forever. When I contacted Luke to discuss my wedding album, he instructed me to send him the images I liked, and he would start putting together a rough draft of an album. After several revision we put together what I thought was going to be a beautiful wedding album. However, when I received the album, I was very upset. There are tons of empty white wasted space, and it is not at all what I expected. When we were designing the album there were never any indicators as to where the photo ended and where the edges of the pages were. This whole time I was expecting to have the pages of my album fully covered by my photos, not empty white space. When I reached out to Luke to discuss this, he got very defensive and was instantly unwilling to change anything without charging me $600!

Sent on 03/09/2018

Luke Wayne Photography's reply:

I’m so happy you are pleased with the core of my work Angela, the wedding photos! I worked extraordinarily hard on your wedding day to craft for you beautiful images within the time frame set forth. I worked 14 hours on your big day, 10 of which were shooting. We covered 8 locations (2 stops at the inn and an extra stop looking for a formal photo location). I am glad the hard work payed off and you have images you will love forever.

I will address your issues so anyone reading this review will see how my business works in regards to the two areas of concern.

I’m invited to weddings by my clients to make images that will be cherished for a lifetime. My typical day is 9-10 hours of shooting, coordinating, motivating rowdy groomsmen, keeping the bride at ease and even climbing trees and rolling on the ground to get that perfect shot. Add to this 4 hours of driving, gear prep/unprep and backing up images and you have a solid 13-14 hour work day. Because of these work hours I do require a thirty minute break at dinner time to eat, use the bathroom and hydrate. To be successful on a wedding day I need to be upbeat, full of energy, awareness and ideas. This break allows me to recharge my batteries so I can continue to make more awesome images! This is after all what my clients pay me for. So requesting me to not take a break and instead edit so the DJ can make an add on is not possible.

The albums I make for my clients are in the same style as the albums I show all potential clients before booking. I usually show 2-3 albums in this style. After the wedding I make digital spreads for each couples review that are exact replicas of what the spreads will look like in print. For your album Anglea we did 5 drafts. Each replica draft was submitted to you for review until you authorized printing the agreed upon book.

I hope my responses to your 2 issues are helpful to you and informative to any future clients.

Warm Regards,