Luke Wayne Photography Reviews

Luke Wayne Photography 5
Luke Wayne Photography 6
Luke Wayne Photography 7

Mandy

Loved our photos! Would highly recommend him and have already!

Sent on 01/14/2018

Megan · Married on 06/22/2018

Luke and Ashley did such a fantastic job with both our engagement and wedding photos! Kevin and I are in love with how well they captured these special moments in our lives. Luke was so easy to work with, very organized, accommodating, and so talented-especially with light! He put everyone at ease and we had so much fun working with him. Plus we have so many beautiful pictures to help us relive the day! We highly recommend him to any newly engaged couple. You can't go wrong and you're guaranteed to get phenomenal shots!

Sent on 07/24/2018
    Luke Wayne Photography 12
    Luke Wayne Photography 13
    Luke Wayne Photography 14

Luke Wayne Photography's reply:

Awww shucks :-) You guys were great...thank you so much for the review!

Jane + Jon · Married on 07/01/2017

Friendly, accommodating, responsive and takes excellent photos! We're a couple who wasn't so keen on engagement pictures and wanted nice photos of our wedding day without too much fuss. Luke convinced us engagement photos were a good way to practice for the big day and get comfortable in front of the camera. He was right, and we got some nice pictures on top of it - bonus! On the day of the wedding Luke was easy to work with, incredibly efficient (we finished photos ahead of schedule), and kept us at ease. During the reception he was a barely noticeable photography ninja who captured awesome shots. Not only do we have formal pictures to remember our event by, but numerous pictures of our goofy, open smiled, natural laughing photos that truly capture "us". Great guy, awesome photos!!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Great photographer! Amazing photos!
    Luke was great to work with and delivered amazing photos following our big day! He was organized, knowledgeable, and professional! And a lot of fun to work with too! Luke helped keep me organized and developed a wedding day timeline that allowed for all the important details to be captured. We couldn't be happier with the photos we received and look forward to putting together an amazing album to remember the big day. I would recommend him to anyone looking for truly unique and outstanding photos!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Sarah · Married on 03/21/2015

From the first time we met with Luke, we knew he had to be our wedding photographer. He immediately astounded us with his passion for this work and his knowledge of both photography and weddings. Even before we had booked him, he gave us great advice on planning a smooth wedding day. During our engagement session with Luke, he helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and we got to know him better as a person. Luke's personality is one of his biggest assets -- he is truly a "people person," and he will make all of your guests feel at ease and enjoy being photographed. Luke and his assistant were with us for nearly 12 hours, capturing all of the important moments of our wedding day. Luke had met with us about two months before the wedding to help us plan a photography schedule for the day and brainstorm locations for all of our photographs, which was a huge help. If you want a photographer with a great personality, creative ideas, and top notch attention to detail, Luke is your guy! My husband and I constantly look at our wedding photographs because they perfectly captured our beautiful day and help us remember all of the details.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Lisa · Married on 06/23/2013

Luke did an excellent job with our wedding! We didn't really want a whole lot of formal photos for our big day; we mainly wanted candid shots, as well as shots that had a more natural feel to it, something that reflected what type of people we were. Luke was able to do just that and then some! He took our photo requests and did an awesome job fulfilling them. He also a bunch of his own excellent ideas which added an extra flair to what we already wanted. For example, as a dancer I wanted a whole lot of dance photos. He was not only able to keep up with my husband and I and our dancer guests, he even had this cool idea of lighting up our moves from behind, which created some beautiful results!
    Excellent photos wasn't the only reason we liked Luke though! He was incredibly flexible with the contract and scheduling, and very willing to adjust to our needs and desires. His price was very reasonable too, keeping well within our budget; we actually saved quite a bit of money going with him! To top it off, Luke is an all-around easygoing and nice guy. I would recommend him for any photo event, wedding or otherwise!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Angela · Married on 10/21/2017

2.4
      2.0
      2.5
      1.5
      2.0

Luke is an amazing photographer and is truly gifted at what he does. Now, with that being said, he also has a few quirks about him that make him difficult to work with. I had two major issues with Luke and if we hadn’t already paid him in full, I would have switched photographers after the first issue. The first issue arose when I started discussing a “live edit” show that I had purchased through my DJ. A live edit involves playing a slide show at the end of the wedding that is put together by the DJ and photographer during dinner time. I had paid an extra $750 to my DJ for this option and was really excited about it. When I spoke with Luke he stated that while everyone was enjoying their dinner, he planned on doing the same and would not work with the DJ and provide images for the slide show. I was instantly turned off by Luke and very disgusted. I am not paying you thousands of dollars to enjoy your dinner; I’m paying you to do a job. I decided to let my ill feelings towards Luke go and just hoped that he would make it up to me by taking amazing photos on my wedding day. As I suspected, Luke did exactly that, and captured beautiful moments that I will have forever. When I contacted Luke to discuss my wedding album, he instructed me to send him the images I liked, and he would start putting together a rough draft of an album. After several revision we put together what I thought was going to be a beautiful wedding album. However, when I received the album, I was very upset. There are tons of empty white wasted space, and it is not at all what I expected. When we were designing the album there were never any indicators as to where the photo ended and where the edges of the pages were. This whole time I was expecting to have the pages of my album fully covered by my photos, not empty white space. When I reached out to Luke to discuss this, he got very defensive and was instantly unwilling to change anything without charging me $600!

Sent on 03/09/2018

Luke Wayne Photography's reply:

I’m so happy you are pleased with the core of my work Angela, the wedding photos! I worked extraordinarily hard on your wedding day to craft for you beautiful images within the time frame set forth. I worked 14 hours on your big day, 10 of which were shooting. We covered 8 locations (2 stops at the inn and an extra stop looking for a formal photo location). I am glad the hard work payed off and you have images you will love forever.

I will address your issues so anyone reading this review will see how my business works in regards to the two areas of concern.

I’m invited to weddings by my clients to make images that will be cherished for a lifetime. My typical day is 9-10 hours of shooting, coordinating, motivating rowdy groomsmen, keeping the bride at ease and even climbing trees and rolling on the ground to get that perfect shot. Add to this 4 hours of driving, gear prep/unprep and backing up images and you have a solid 13-14 hour work day. Because of these work hours I do require a thirty minute break at dinner time to eat, use the bathroom and hydrate. To be successful on a wedding day I need to be upbeat, full of energy, awareness and ideas. This break allows me to recharge my batteries so I can continue to make more awesome images! This is after all what my clients pay me for. So requesting me to not take a break and instead edit so the DJ can make an add on is not possible.

The albums I make for my clients are in the same style as the albums I show all potential clients before booking. I usually show 2-3 albums in this style. After the wedding I make digital spreads for each couples review that are exact replicas of what the spreads will look like in print. For your album Anglea we did 5 drafts. Each replica draft was submitted to you for review until you authorized printing the agreed upon book.

I hope my responses to your 2 issues are helpful to you and informative to any future clients.

Warm Regards,