Luke Wayne Photography Reviews

Luke Wayne Photography 5
Luke Wayne Photography 6
Luke Wayne Photography 7

Sarah · Married on 01/15/2017

Luke came highly recommended to my husband and I by both our venue and through some friends that had hired him for their wedding and were thrilled with his work. When we first met Luke we knew that he was the perfect fit for us. Not only did he have stunning photos to show us, but his laid back and casual demeanor was exactly what we were looking for. On the day of our wedding Luke and his wonderful second shooter were punctual, efficient, and an absolute pleasure to have around. It was like having two extra friends invited to your wedding that were taking your pictures. Luke was extremely knowledgeable about the venue and knew great locations to get perfect shots while keeping us on our timeline throughout the entire night (this was a huge deal for us). When we received our pictures back we were thrilled with the shots. It was a perfect combination of family portraits, stunning sunset photos of my husband and I, and awesome candids of wedding guests throughout the night. I can't speak highly enough of our experience with Luke, you truly can't go wrong.

-Sarah and Kyle

Sent on 03/15/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2016

Luke was absolutely amazing!!! He was so relaxed and down to earth which helped keep us enjoying every moment of our wedding. His photos came out better than we could of ever imagined. We are beyond obsessed and we keep looking at them over and over again. I recommended him to every bride friend I have, but I wish I could tell everyone! I HIGHLY recommend him! I promise you will be happy you did :)

Sent on 03/06/2017

meg · Married on 10/21/2016

We can't thank Luke and Ashley enough for capturing our day. The photos are absolutely stunning and show the emotion from our day. From start to finish we enjoyed working with Luke. Easy to communicate with and really knew what we wanted and delivered. Also, delivered our photos for our engagement session and wedding day quickly and beautifully! We had seven kids in our bridal party and both Ashley and Luke stayed organized and kept us moving without sacrificing great quality. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 12/01/2017
    Luke Wayne Photography 8
    Luke Wayne Photography 9
    Luke Wayne Photography 10

Jennifer · Married on 10/09/2016

We woke up on our wedding day to pouring rain - and it never stopped. While first instinct was to freak out and cry that everything was ruined, Luke truly created a relaxed atmosphere that made taking first look and formal pictures, outdoors under umbrellas, fun and memorable. There was zero sense of stress, or rush. After deciding to weather the storm and do all our photos outside, despite the conditions, Luke made a rainy day wedding look enviable. Our photos came out remarkable, every last one of them. He captured our day to the fullest- from first looks, to the ceremony, family shots and of course the dance floor. Hands down one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process was hiring Luke!

Sent on 11/21/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/01/2016

How do you pick the person who is going to be responsible for capturing the memory of your most special day? You have to pick the best. Luke Wayne Photography is the absolute best.

The pictures are amazing. What's one of the biggest concerns a bride (or groom!) has about their wedding photos? That the photographer will miss the moment, the glance, that perfect shot. You don't have to worry about this with Luke. He'll get your moment, and he'll do it better than you ever could have hoped. I remember during the wedding thinking, "I hope he gets that!" I got my pictures, and guess what...he absolutely got it.

Obviously the most important thing about a wedding photographer is that they take amazing photos. Luke does this. Something that you don't think about until you're spending the whole day with someone is that you want to enjoy hanging out with your photographer. Luke is one of the most charming, funny, charismatic people I've ever met. He fit right in with my husband and me as well as all of our friends. We were able to sit Luke and Taylor (his amazing assistant) at our rowdiest table, and they were a huge hit.

As with any wedding, there were lots of personal things going on during my wedding. Luke was so respectful and was able to navigate around without you ever really feeling his presence. His photos are full of genuine emotion. He is able to take incredible (but calculated) risks to get you unique photos that don't just look completely staged.

Honestly, I can't say enough about Luke. He's willing to work with you on what pricing packages suit your needs. He's willing to go with the flow on your wedding day. He gets the job done, and makes every single part of your day involving him an absolute pleasure.

Sent on 11/18/2016

Courtney · Married on 09/24/2016

Luke was our photographer back in September of 2016 at Old Lyme Beach Club. He was MORE than accommodating and was super flexible for our engagement shoot, our getting ready pictures and overall wedding day. He was extremely friendly, but professional and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer for our special day. He was absolutely worth every penny, highly recommend :)

Sent on 07/11/2017

Breeanne · Married on 09/17/2016

Luke did an amazing job photographing our wedding. The day before our wedding he called me to confirm times and go over the next day. It made me relax that he paid attention to every detail, I knew I could count on him and not worry about a thing. He arrived on time and immediately made everyone feel comfortable. Luke has a great personality and kept everyone around him relaxed which is SO important on a wedding day! I loved that he wanted to take pictures that were different and not so posed. Our entire family and wedding party loved him - the pictures came out amazing! Thank you Luke!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Corey · Married on 09/10/2016

My wife and I couldn't be happier to write a review for Luke Wayne Photography. While visiting a wedding venue, we fell in love with one of Luke's photographs and knew we had to contact him to set up a meeting and the rest is history. Luke is the best around and here are several reasons why. First off when we submitted an inquiry to meet with Luke, he was quick respond. He was willing to travel to meet with us, arrived on time and brought several examples of his work for us to look at. He was very personable and was interested in getting to know us as a couple and not just clients. He laid out his packages and was helpful in selecting the right one for us. After that initial meeting, my wife and I knew we had to book Luke (and we're lucky we did because our wedding date became one of the most popular inquiry dates for him). Our engagement shoot was so much fun and it was great for us to see how Luke works before our wedding day came. We loved the photos that he took and it just made us even more excited to see what he would capture on our wedding day. The day of the wedding, Luke was punctual and ready to get to work. Our bridal party fell in love with him and soon he felt like a part of the group. He made sure everyone felt comfortable in front of the camera. Our package came with a second shooter and Luke brought Ashley. Together they came up with some brilliant photos. From prep to our first look and the ceremony to the reception, Luke's pictures captured every beautiful detail about our day. The fire alarm went off during our reception which meant we had to evacuate the venue. What could have been a downside of the night, Luke quickly turned into a great photo opportunity with a fire truck as the backdrop to some amazing pictures. He sent pictures to us quickly and now we have the daunting task of choosing which photos we want in our album since they're all stunning. We can't thank Luke enough and plan on using him to photograph future life events.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Patricia · Married on 09/03/2016

Luke was our photographer for our September 2016 wedding, and we were so lucky to have him. Luke and his second shooter, Ashley, were an absolute joy to work with and made us feel so comfortable. Luke was so flexible and made everything so easy that photography was the least of our worries during the busy wedding planning process. The photographs were absolutely perfect and he did an excellent job documenting the events, emotions, and details of the day. We are truly impressed with Luke as a photographer, business owner, and friend. We highly recommend his services to everyone!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Taylor · Married on 08/26/2016

Easy going, talented, and fun!

Luke and Ashley did an amazing job at our wedding on June 21st, 2019! Luke made the process easy from day one. He was very responsive and willing to meet with us at his studio based on our work schedules. Before the event, he really made sure that he got to know what were looking for and what our personalities were through an engagement shoot and pre-meeting/questionnaire process. Luke's easy-going, creative, and professional personality was exactly what we were looking for. His prices are very reasonable and offered different packages based on your needs.

On our wedding day both Ashley and Luke made the day go so smooth! They were very punctual and understanding of our timeline for the day. Ashley even took extra time to make a stop at my husbands favorite bar with his groomsmen for a photo opportunity! We are not a couple who likes to take photos, so it was amazing that they both really went with our vibe. We were not pressured to take any photos we did not want and we were able to fully enjoy the entire night! Not only did they make us feel comfortable, but they were able to capture both our personalities along with our family and friends throughout the night. I didn't have many request, but I really wanted them to capture the dance floor! When we received our photos I was overwhelmed by the amount of photos I loved! They captured the laughter and fun spirit of our wedding in the most amazing way. As I go through the album, it feels like I am reliving the day from start to finish. I cannot thank Luke and Ashley enough!

Sent on 07/17/2019
    Luke Wayne Photography 11
    Luke Wayne Photography 12
    Luke Wayne Photography 13
    Luke Wayne Photography 14
    Luke Wayne Photography 15

Emily · Married on 08/13/2016

Our experience with Luke was nothing but excellent from start to finish. It was great getting to know him during our engagement shoot, and his friendly and easy going manner totally relaxed us (in the cold and snow!). The fact that he spent our entire wedding day with us was exceptional. He beautifully captured our "getting ready" process, got tons of great candids and sent his second shooter to take pix of the guys too, which got some awesome memories as well. And even though our wedding day was 95 degrees and the crazy humidity made us sweaty messes, his pictures came out amazing! We couldn't be happier that we chose Luke!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Kathy · Married on 08/07/2016

Luke is the utmost professional, a talented ARTIST. His communications are prompt and warm and his work is a cut above all others. We chose him for his signature style. He truly captured the beauty and emotion from my daughter's wedding - a great combination of traditional and candid photos with a polished touch.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Shannon · Married on 07/31/2016

Luke was awesome to work with, not only is he super talented but was so down to earth and fun. He made the entire experience very comfortable and fun. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking.

Sent on 09/09/2016

Angela · Married on 07/30/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience with Luke. Not only are our engagement and wedding photos absolutely beautiful, he was a blast to work with. He put my camera-shy husband at east and made him completely comfortable in front of the camera. We appreciated the variety of his packages - we were so happy to find a package that included unlimited hours and the price of our wedding album. Many other photographers we met with charged per hour and charged separately for engagement photos and/or albums. We met with Luke to look over his albums and chat with him about his work, we knew within 10 minutes that he was the one for us. He was open to our ideas and preferences and we genuinely had fun with him during the photo shoot time. He responds to emails, phone calls and texts promptly which was also very appreciated. Luke and his second shooter Ashley (whom we also LOVED) were professional, efficient and patient with our family and friends - they even embraced a few wacky ideas from the groomsmen. They were extremely flexible and organized - I have many friends who had to give their photographers a list of all the combinations of pictures they wanted - Luke didn't need a list, he knew exactly what to do. He got beautiful candid shots of our friends and family that showcase all of our loved ones celebrating and enjoying themselves. I may be the only bride in the world who wasn't upset about rain on her wedding day thanks to the unbelievable shots that Luke got of us out in the rain in a field behind the reception venue. Seriously, they are unreal - checkout some of his shots in the rain and the snow that are up on his blog. Countless people have told us that ours are the most beautiful wedding photos they have ever seen, and we give all that credit to Luke - he is truly the best!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Sarah · Married on 07/24/2016

Luke is really willing and able to be flexible to meet your needs, whether it is a long list of family photos (which we had) or a crazy first-look photo set with the whole bridal party at a mini-golf course (which we also had!). He was kind, thoughtful, and enthusiastic about making our day special and about our vision without adding extra stress. He takes his work very seriously and produced beautiful photos, all while having fun and clearly loving his job! Couldn't recommend him any more highly!!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Maureen · Married on 07/22/2016

Pick Luke! He was an absolute pleasure to work with!!! We could not have asked for a better photographer. As a bride, you have to remember that you are spending a great deal of time with your photographer. Luke, fit right in with the group and made EVERYONE feel comfortable. He knows how to get everyone smiling and really makes you feel comfortable. He was easy to work with, funny, creative, respectful, kind, and patient. His crew was truly working to make every moment special. Even noticing a few very sentimental objects and going out of their way to take special pictures for the guest that they noticed it meant a lot to (without ever being told). My husband and I were so pleased! We will cherish our pictures for a lifetime. Needless to say, we HIGHLY recommend him.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Luke Wayne Photography's reply:

Thank you Mo! I mean Maureen :-)

Jessica · Married on 07/03/2016

Where do I begin? Luke was the first vendor we booked, over a year in advance, because we loved his work so much. He was initially recommended to us by our reception site as one of their favorites to work with, and now I see why! He was absolutely amazing to work with. He made us so comfortable and had us laughing the whole time. He has an eye for great shots and put us at ease instantly. We felt like we had known him for years! The pictures came back SO quickly and are incredibly stunning. He captured every big and small moment and we couldn't be happier. One of my bridesmaids even said she wished she could get married again to have him as her photographer. Beyond happy that we chose Luke as a photographer for our special day :)

Sent on 09/18/2016

Luke Wayne Photography's reply:

Oh stop...Im blushing :-) Thank you Jess!

Samantha · Married on 06/18/2016

From the first time we met Luke, we knew he was going to be the best choice for photographer. He has a great personality and really wants to get to know you. He offers various packages and made it easy for us to get exactly what we wanted. I love that he includes an engagement session. It was a good way for us to get comfortable in front of the camera and for him to learn the dynamics of our relationship. Plus, the photos we got were really cool!

On the day of our wedding, Luke and his second shooter, Taylor, came to see us in the hotel and got some great shots of us getting ready. At the venue, they caught some really precious moments, along with a ton of funny ones. They definitely seemed to understand that we love to have fun and that we wanted to see lots of fun shots! They could also tell when I was getting overwhelmed, and I think they cut the sessions a little shorter than they normally might have, so that I could chill out. This was definitely appreciated at the time, although I wish I had been able to relax, enjoy the process, and get some more family photos! If you're easily stressed like me, Luke will be great for you.

They were willing to try some different things in order to get some great shots, which we loved. Our venue didn't have a ton of places to take photos, but they made it work. And although they were in the action and got lots of great shots of everyone dancing, you didn't notice them because they never got in the way of anything. I didn't think this would be something that would matter to me, but looking back, it was definitely appreciated!

If you're looking for a fun photographer who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the shot, we would highly recommend Luke! He can make the best of any venue, and is guaranteed to capture lots of amazing moments.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Luke Wayne Photography's reply:

Thank you Sam!!! You guys were a blast !

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2016

Luke was great! He was very easy and fun to work with from booking through the wedding. He was able to make suggestions on locations for pics and took amazing shots. He was also great at working with out bilingual family, many non-English speakers, everyone felt comfortable enjoyed working with Luke. Would definitely hire again!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Jeremy · Married on 05/14/2016

My wife Tara and I considered a number of CT photographers before choosing Luke for our wedding. After previewing his work and meeting with him in person, we knew instantly that he was the best choice. Both my wife and I are a little camera shy, but he immediately put us at ease. We honestly cannot thank Luke enough for his patience, creativity, and overall good vibes during our engagement shoot and especially on our wedding day. He delivered exceptional photos with a quick turnaround time. Choosing a pro like Luke was worth every penny. We cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 06/07/2016

eric · Married on 04/16/2016

To anyone thinking of hiring Luke as your photographer, stop thinking and just do it! Here's why: When my wife and I first met Luke, we could tell right away that he was very professional and, more importantly, able to figure out what kind of people we were. The last is the most important because he is the type of photographer that can tell what kind of wedding his clients want, and how the couple would fit into everything around them. He knew right away the type of personalities we would have both in person and through his lens. This made our experience with Luke one of immediate trust and a lot of fun! Once you have the trust in your photographer, the fun follows soon after because you no longer have anything to worry about when it comes to the photos. And when you have two actors who have had their photos taken many times, they understand the relationship you have to have with the person behind that lens.

Luke was always on time (first meeting, engagement photos, and wedding), and never ever "in the way" or "controlling". That is the biggest complaint we hear from other married couples, so my wife and I consider ourselves very lucky to have Luke there. He allowed us to be just who we were, while offering a few suggestions or poses here or there, but only if he knew it would work.

That last part, to us, was very important and much appreciated! We wanted Luke to use his artistic knowledge at our wedding. After all, what he is doing IS AN ART. Otherwise, we probably would be looking at photos that looked like a robot took them. Instead, our photos have life, and our photos have love.

Luke is a wonderful photographer and a fun person to be around. We realized right after our wedding that, besides our family, he was the person we saw the most on our wedding day! So, again, it was a blessing we had Luke there. we could not imagine having anyone else as our photographer, and we cannot recommend anyone else more highly than him! Well done!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Luke Wayne Photography's reply:

Im speechless Eric! You left out the part where you guys are amazing clients :-) Both of you made it easy to make beautiful photos!

Nathalie · Married on 04/01/2016

Luke Wayne was fantastic!!! He was recommended to me through a friend, and from the moment we met with Luke, we new we wanted him for our wedding. I have recommeneded him to multiple friends, and he is going to be the photographer at one of my best friends weddings in July and I can not wait to see those photos. He was on time, did not need any direction, and listened to any crazy requests we may have had. After some surprises thrown at him at the wedding he was able to adapt and capture the moments perfectly. I am so happy with the outcome of my photos and have recieved so many compliments! Thank you Luke!

Sent on 05/13/2016

Luke Wayne Photography's reply:

So very welcome Nathalie! Thanks for letting me do my thing and for being such awesome clients!

Nicole · Married on 03/19/2016

Luke was excellent. Very friendly and down to earth. He even hiked up a mountain with us for our engagement photos! I could not be happier with the photos!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Luke Wayne Photography's reply:

Ha ha hiking that mountain was so worth it :-)

I loved working with Luke and his assistant Ashley. The photography sessions were super fun, and the photos are amazingly beautiful. HE really puts a lot of care into getting to know you and your partner as a couple. He went above and beyond the day of my wedding when things didn't go as planned in order to make sure I wasn't stressed. Thanks Luke!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Adam · Married on 11/01/2014

Wow!! You made our day so special, taking your creativity to a whole other level, thinking outside the box, you were so easy to work with, easy to communicate with, thank you for a phenomenal day!!

Sent on 11/03/2014