Luke Wayne Photography Reviews

Luke Wayne Photography 5
Luke Wayne Photography 6
Luke Wayne Photography 7

Nancy · Married on 07/29/2017

As the mother of the groom I can say that Luke is fantastic in very way - very professional - extremely courteous & extraordinary photographer....if you want the very best of the best, hire Luke Wayne for your wedding or function. I assure you that you will be extremely pleased in all aspects.

Sent on 08/11/2017

Macaela · Married on 07/22/2017

Luke made the whole photography process fun and easy. He is extremely organized, responsive and friendly. He knows CT very well and has great ideas for shoot settings. My husband and I can be very stiff and awkward in photos and he really helped us loosen up and made us look natural. His schedule is very flexible and it was really easy to set up appointments to meet with him. For the quality of service the price was amazing. The photos have come out beautifully and he is an expert at lighting. I can't say enough and would recommend him over and over!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Mary · Married on 07/15/2017

Luke is exceptional not only when it comes to the quality of the photos but also the overall service he provides all of his clients. With the engagement shoot as well as multiple meeting/ surprise meetings( he loves the same places we love :)) we were able to really get to know him and be much more comfortable by the time our wedding day arrived. Anytime that we had questions or I personally was worried about a certain detail/photo, he always was ready to alliviate the potential stress. He knew exactly what he was doing, every step of the way. The biggest reason why we absolutely loved Luke was that he was not uptight or snooty as many photographers that we met with were; he was a down-to-earth normal loving life guy. We were unbelievably happy with our decision to have him be there for our wedding day and truly take care of us (because he will be sometimes be your sanity). We are also truly blessed to have gained a great friend! So at the end of the day, if you want an amazing photographer that will actually care about you...Look no further!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 06/25/2017

Luke’s pictures were absolutely stunning and my husband and I can’t stop looking at them. But what set Luke apart from everyone else is that he’s down to earth and just wants you to be happy and have a good time on your wedding day, with that in mind it made pictures organic and fun. Nothing we did was staged too much and all the poses were comfortable and natural. He wants to work with you to get the feel and photos you’d like.
    Luke is very passionate about he does and that shows in the photos. He was very personable and made us, our bridal party, and our families feel comfortable and happy. He was also super responsive every time we had a question whether it was the week of the wedding or months before. I would highly recommend Luke to anyone because him and his team were amazing.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Emily · Married on 06/23/2017

I can't say enough good things about Luke Wayne and his assistant! Our photos were amazing and Luke was great to work with. Not only did he make us feel comfortable but he was extremely easy-going and our pictures turned out phenomenal. I highly recommend Luke for his professionalism quality and flexibility!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Brian · Married on 06/17/2017

Luke is an absolutely incredible photographer and an even better person. He went above and beyond to make my wife and me feel comfortable and at ease on our wedding day. The pictures we just received were beautiful and he captures the day including all the intimate details. In addition, his co-worker Ashley was fantastic and worked so well with all the groomsmen. We highly recommend Luke and think there's no better choice for ensuring a great day and wonderful photos.

Sent on 07/23/2017

Meg · Married on 05/27/2017

If you are looking for your wedding day experienced to be relaxed and comfortable, Luke Wayne is your photographer. Not only is Luke easy to work but he is willing to go above and beyond to get a great photo. We live in Boston and Luke was willing to drive up to see us for our engagement photo session. Even though we were getting married in Connecticut, we were still able to incorporate where we currently live into the experience, which we really appreciated.

The day of the wedding, Luke and his assistant Taylor, were awesome at getting the details of the day but also the candid photos that we really wanted to have. Since our ceremony and reception were located at the same place, we wanted to go off-site for photos and together with Luke we were able to stake out a few locations (Including the side of the road) and ended up some really great shots.

Both of the engagement and wedding photos were delivered quickly and had so much variety to choose from. Everyone loved the guestbook that he put together for us and I can't wait for us to finish our wedding album!

Hands down-Luke is one talented photographer and any couple would be lucky to have him photograph their day!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Laurel · Married on 05/13/2017

Luke was absolutely amazing! From our first meeting with him we knew we had found our photographer! After our engagement session we realized we had definitely picked the right guy for the job! My husband was not so excited about all the photos but after having Luke shoot us he didn't mind it at all! Our big day came, Luke and his second shooter Ashley were FANTASTIC! They were fun to work with, super professional and super efficient (we were working with a rainy day). Our wedding photos came out better then I could have imagined! Luke really captures all of the special moments of our day perfectly. We will now have all the memories saved for a lifetime. I Highly recommend him!!

Sent on 05/28/2017

Mark · Married on 04/15/2017

First and foremost the pictures were absolutely fantastic. I think you'll see that in all reviews for all photographers. However, let me tell you what sets Luke Wayne apart from all others---You can tell clear as day Luke genuinely loves what he does and is passionate about making hit shoots special and seamless for the couple. My partner and I are a same sex couple. Luke absolutely embraced this and was excited to have the opportunity to share this day with us. All same sex couples should use Luke! We did an engagement shoot with Luke and he was very creative and calming for us. We do not like to be the center of attention but he made all of the photos organic and natural. On the day of our wedding, Luke and his 2nd shooter, Ashley, were absolutely incredible from start to finish. They captured such powerful moments with family, friends, and the wedding party. They provided both creative and 'back to basics' photos and were accommodating to what we wanted. All of our photos look organic and non-posed, which was very important.

Luke is extremely personable, professional, and responsive. He responded to all of our questions as if our wedding was the next day (even though we were a year out...) I highly recommend Luke for your ceremony.

Sent on 05/08/2017

Ariane · Married on 04/08/2017

From the first time my husband and I spoke with Luke on the phone we knew that he was the right photographer for us! We were apprehensive about doing an engagement shoot but Luke persuaded us that it would be a great experience and good practice before the wedding day (the engagement shoot and photos are also included in all his packages). We had such a great time getting to know Luke and the pictures came out beautiful!

On our wedding day, I woke up with a high fever and a swollen face...but Luke made me feel comfortable and beautiful and reassured me that everything was going to be ok (and that the pictures would turn out great)….and he was absolutely right! Our pictures are AMAZING!

Luke is a fun, kind, and easy-going guy while still being very professional. He got along so well with our 18-person bridal party and was able to direct everyone so that we got all of our pictures done quickly and efficiently. His second-shooter, Ashley, was so sweet as well! We highly recommend Luke!

Love,
    Ariane and Ryan

Sent on 04/27/2017

Sara · Married on 03/24/2017

Luke is an incredible photographer- he did my sister's wedding as well, and I knew I was going to book him once I saw her photos. He did a stellar job at both weddings (hers was an outdoor summer setting, mine was indoor in the spring, on a rainy day). He had gorgeous shots at both and all of the photos were awesome. Not only were the photos amazing, but he is extremely easy going, and he helps make the day run smoothly. When I was struggling with a timeline, he stepped in to make sure I had a clear idea of what needed to be done on his end, and what he suggested in terms of timing. He wasn't an "in your face" sort of photographer, and he was extremely efficient in taking his photos. I really appreciated this, because I wanted to spend as much time as I could with the people at my wedding. I would recommend him ten times over, and I will definitely use him in the future if I ever need to!

Sent on 04/18/2017

Dekyi · Married on 03/12/2017

I reached out to Luke after I fell in love with some of the photos on his website. He was so professional, easy to talk to and after our first meeting, we hired him right away! We had our engagement photo session done on a freezing Fall evening but Luke went above and beyond to ensure that we were comfortable by lugging our coats around for us and making us laugh the entire time! (Of course the pictures came out amazing). He was very responsive to emails/texts and even helped me finalize my timeline. Since we were having a multi-cultural/interfaith wedding, I had to be careful about finding the right photographer and Luke fit our needs given how culturally mindful and respectful he is! My family and friends enjoyed having him and his second-shooter, Ashley around on our wedding day and my mother would not let Luke leave for the night without getting a few dance moves in with him on the dance floor!
    Hiring Luke was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding and I would without a doubt recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer for their wedding. Luke and Ashley (dynamic duo), thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 04/14/2017

Sarah · Married on 01/15/2017

Luke came highly recommended to my husband and I by both our venue and through some friends that had hired him for their wedding and were thrilled with his work. When we first met Luke we knew that he was the perfect fit for us. Not only did he have stunning photos to show us, but his laid back and casual demeanor was exactly what we were looking for. On the day of our wedding Luke and his wonderful second shooter were punctual, efficient, and an absolute pleasure to have around. It was like having two extra friends invited to your wedding that were taking your pictures. Luke was extremely knowledgeable about the venue and knew great locations to get perfect shots while keeping us on our timeline throughout the entire night (this was a huge deal for us). When we received our pictures back we were thrilled with the shots. It was a perfect combination of family portraits, stunning sunset photos of my husband and I, and awesome candids of wedding guests throughout the night. I can't speak highly enough of our experience with Luke, you truly can't go wrong.

-Sarah and Kyle

Sent on 03/15/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2016

Luke was absolutely amazing!!! He was so relaxed and down to earth which helped keep us enjoying every moment of our wedding. His photos came out better than we could of ever imagined. We are beyond obsessed and we keep looking at them over and over again. I recommended him to every bride friend I have, but I wish I could tell everyone! I HIGHLY recommend him! I promise you will be happy you did :)

Sent on 03/06/2017

meg · Married on 10/21/2016

We can't thank Luke and Ashley enough for capturing our day. The photos are absolutely stunning and show the emotion from our day. From start to finish we enjoyed working with Luke. Easy to communicate with and really knew what we wanted and delivered. Also, delivered our photos for our engagement session and wedding day quickly and beautifully! We had seven kids in our bridal party and both Ashley and Luke stayed organized and kept us moving without sacrificing great quality. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 12/01/2017
    Luke Wayne Photography 8
    Luke Wayne Photography 9
    Luke Wayne Photography 10

Jennifer · Married on 10/09/2016

We woke up on our wedding day to pouring rain - and it never stopped. While first instinct was to freak out and cry that everything was ruined, Luke truly created a relaxed atmosphere that made taking first look and formal pictures, outdoors under umbrellas, fun and memorable. There was zero sense of stress, or rush. After deciding to weather the storm and do all our photos outside, despite the conditions, Luke made a rainy day wedding look enviable. Our photos came out remarkable, every last one of them. He captured our day to the fullest- from first looks, to the ceremony, family shots and of course the dance floor. Hands down one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process was hiring Luke!

Sent on 11/21/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/01/2016

How do you pick the person who is going to be responsible for capturing the memory of your most special day? You have to pick the best. Luke Wayne Photography is the absolute best.

The pictures are amazing. What's one of the biggest concerns a bride (or groom!) has about their wedding photos? That the photographer will miss the moment, the glance, that perfect shot. You don't have to worry about this with Luke. He'll get your moment, and he'll do it better than you ever could have hoped. I remember during the wedding thinking, "I hope he gets that!" I got my pictures, and guess what...he absolutely got it.

Obviously the most important thing about a wedding photographer is that they take amazing photos. Luke does this. Something that you don't think about until you're spending the whole day with someone is that you want to enjoy hanging out with your photographer. Luke is one of the most charming, funny, charismatic people I've ever met. He fit right in with my husband and me as well as all of our friends. We were able to sit Luke and Taylor (his amazing assistant) at our rowdiest table, and they were a huge hit.

As with any wedding, there were lots of personal things going on during my wedding. Luke was so respectful and was able to navigate around without you ever really feeling his presence. His photos are full of genuine emotion. He is able to take incredible (but calculated) risks to get you unique photos that don't just look completely staged.

Honestly, I can't say enough about Luke. He's willing to work with you on what pricing packages suit your needs. He's willing to go with the flow on your wedding day. He gets the job done, and makes every single part of your day involving him an absolute pleasure.

Sent on 11/18/2016

Courtney · Married on 09/24/2016

Luke was our photographer back in September of 2016 at Old Lyme Beach Club. He was MORE than accommodating and was super flexible for our engagement shoot, our getting ready pictures and overall wedding day. He was extremely friendly, but professional and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer for our special day. He was absolutely worth every penny, highly recommend :)

Sent on 07/11/2017

Breeanne · Married on 09/17/2016

Luke did an amazing job photographing our wedding. The day before our wedding he called me to confirm times and go over the next day. It made me relax that he paid attention to every detail, I knew I could count on him and not worry about a thing. He arrived on time and immediately made everyone feel comfortable. Luke has a great personality and kept everyone around him relaxed which is SO important on a wedding day! I loved that he wanted to take pictures that were different and not so posed. Our entire family and wedding party loved him - the pictures came out amazing! Thank you Luke!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Corey · Married on 09/10/2016

My wife and I couldn't be happier to write a review for Luke Wayne Photography. While visiting a wedding venue, we fell in love with one of Luke's photographs and knew we had to contact him to set up a meeting and the rest is history. Luke is the best around and here are several reasons why. First off when we submitted an inquiry to meet with Luke, he was quick respond. He was willing to travel to meet with us, arrived on time and brought several examples of his work for us to look at. He was very personable and was interested in getting to know us as a couple and not just clients. He laid out his packages and was helpful in selecting the right one for us. After that initial meeting, my wife and I knew we had to book Luke (and we're lucky we did because our wedding date became one of the most popular inquiry dates for him). Our engagement shoot was so much fun and it was great for us to see how Luke works before our wedding day came. We loved the photos that he took and it just made us even more excited to see what he would capture on our wedding day. The day of the wedding, Luke was punctual and ready to get to work. Our bridal party fell in love with him and soon he felt like a part of the group. He made sure everyone felt comfortable in front of the camera. Our package came with a second shooter and Luke brought Ashley. Together they came up with some brilliant photos. From prep to our first look and the ceremony to the reception, Luke's pictures captured every beautiful detail about our day. The fire alarm went off during our reception which meant we had to evacuate the venue. What could have been a downside of the night, Luke quickly turned into a great photo opportunity with a fire truck as the backdrop to some amazing pictures. He sent pictures to us quickly and now we have the daunting task of choosing which photos we want in our album since they're all stunning. We can't thank Luke enough and plan on using him to photograph future life events.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Patricia · Married on 09/03/2016

Luke was our photographer for our September 2016 wedding, and we were so lucky to have him. Luke and his second shooter, Ashley, were an absolute joy to work with and made us feel so comfortable. Luke was so flexible and made everything so easy that photography was the least of our worries during the busy wedding planning process. The photographs were absolutely perfect and he did an excellent job documenting the events, emotions, and details of the day. We are truly impressed with Luke as a photographer, business owner, and friend. We highly recommend his services to everyone!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Emily · Married on 08/13/2016

Our experience with Luke was nothing but excellent from start to finish. It was great getting to know him during our engagement shoot, and his friendly and easy going manner totally relaxed us (in the cold and snow!). The fact that he spent our entire wedding day with us was exceptional. He beautifully captured our "getting ready" process, got tons of great candids and sent his second shooter to take pix of the guys too, which got some awesome memories as well. And even though our wedding day was 95 degrees and the crazy humidity made us sweaty messes, his pictures came out amazing! We couldn't be happier that we chose Luke!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Kathy · Married on 08/07/2016

Luke is the utmost professional, a talented ARTIST. His communications are prompt and warm and his work is a cut above all others. We chose him for his signature style. He truly captured the beauty and emotion from my daughter's wedding - a great combination of traditional and candid photos with a polished touch.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Shannon · Married on 07/31/2016

Luke was awesome to work with, not only is he super talented but was so down to earth and fun. He made the entire experience very comfortable and fun. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking.

Sent on 09/09/2016

Angela · Married on 07/30/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience with Luke. Not only are our engagement and wedding photos absolutely beautiful, he was a blast to work with. He put my camera-shy husband at east and made him completely comfortable in front of the camera. We appreciated the variety of his packages - we were so happy to find a package that included unlimited hours and the price of our wedding album. Many other photographers we met with charged per hour and charged separately for engagement photos and/or albums. We met with Luke to look over his albums and chat with him about his work, we knew within 10 minutes that he was the one for us. He was open to our ideas and preferences and we genuinely had fun with him during the photo shoot time. He responds to emails, phone calls and texts promptly which was also very appreciated. Luke and his second shooter Ashley (whom we also LOVED) were professional, efficient and patient with our family and friends - they even embraced a few wacky ideas from the groomsmen. They were extremely flexible and organized - I have many friends who had to give their photographers a list of all the combinations of pictures they wanted - Luke didn't need a list, he knew exactly what to do. He got beautiful candid shots of our friends and family that showcase all of our loved ones celebrating and enjoying themselves. I may be the only bride in the world who wasn't upset about rain on her wedding day thanks to the unbelievable shots that Luke got of us out in the rain in a field behind the reception venue. Seriously, they are unreal - checkout some of his shots in the rain and the snow that are up on his blog. Countless people have told us that ours are the most beautiful wedding photos they have ever seen, and we give all that credit to Luke - he is truly the best!

Sent on 09/22/2016