Lucilles Floral of Fishkill Reviews

78 | Fishkill, NY

78 Reviews for Lucilles Floral of Fishkill

Chevon · Married on 10/21/2011

My flowers were beautiful for our wedding. My bouquet was amazing and just what I wanted. My bridesmaids bouquet were absolutely beautiful and the color of the flowers were perfect with our colors. The boutineers were just what I imagined. The center pieces were the shades I wanted and I took home 2 and they are still as beautiful as they were when she delivered them and that was 2 weeks ago! The flowers all arrived on time.

Sent on 11/02/2011

Jeremy · Married on 09/11/2011

Amazing job done on a very modest budget. I would highly recommend this florist to anyone in the greater Poughkeepsie area.

Sent on 10/02/2011
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 08/26/2011

We had Lucille do our flowers for our wedding reception and bouquets/bouts. They looked absolutely amazing and the gerbera daisies made the flowers pop in pictures because of the amazing colors. Would definitely use again.

Sent on 09/04/2011

Eva · Married on 08/12/2011

We had a great experience with this florist! She had great prices and she was very skilled at her craft! I gave her a picture of my 'fantasy bouquet' and she was able to replicate exactly what I wanted my bouquet to look like. I also got a lot of compliments on how well the flowers looked at my wedding - especially my bouquet and the submerged orchid centerpieces.

The morning of the wedding I wasn't too happy with how the boutonnieres looked (groom's was too small and I wanted the groomsmens' to lose the ferns & baby's breath) so she sent someone over to immediately trim the extra off of the groomsmens' boutonnieres and add extra flowers to the groom's. She also made me some orchid hair flowers from a plant that I had in the bridal suite. After they altered the boutonnieres, all of the flowers were PERFECT for our wedding. She really goes the extra mile to make sure that everything looks how you want it to and I really appreciated that she was willing to make last minute adjustments for me. Overall I would highly recommend going here for wedding flowers!!!

Sent on 09/26/2011

Kara · Married on 08/12/2011

Lucilles did an amazing job for my wedding. My bouquets were absolutely gorgeous and perfect for my "garden" wedding. My photographer kept commenting how beautiful the flowers were, and she sees bouquets all the time! The centerpieces were what really made my day though. Lucille arranged the flowers in vintage tins exactly how I imagined they would look. So perfect! I was really impressed and you really can't beat Lucilles for the price either.

Sent on 11/02/2011

Nancy · Married on 11/07/2009

It's simple. Very easy to work with, gave us exactly what we wanted and stuck to our budget. Simply put ... a must.

Sent on 11/15/2009

Alyson · Married on 08/30/2008

I contacted Lucille's, disgusted by ridiculous quotes from a bunch of flower vendors in the area. I came to her with a budget of ~$500 and only wanted dendrobium orchids (champagne taste on a beer budget). For $563 I received 6 boutonnieres, 3 corsages, 4 bridesmaid bouquets, one bridal bouquet and a complimentary rose toss bouquet, as well as 60 stems of dendrobium orchids which I used to make my own centerpieces.

Not only was I thrilled with the price that she agreed upon but when I saw them they were perfect. The bouquets were much larger than I expected for the price and absolutely stunning! They looked like I had paid $5000!

Sent on 10/07/2008

Melinda · Married on 10/12/2007

Lucille and staff were phenomenal. She provided the vision i wanted and it was hassle free.

Sent on 02/20/2008

Lisa · Married on 09/06/2015

Working with Lucille for my daughters wedding was the best experience I had when planning her wedding.
    Lucille and her staff were helpful and professional and always their to give me advice or lend an ear to listen to with what I wanted for my daughters wedding.
    Her work is amazing all the flowers she did from my daughters beautiful bouquet to the centerpieces were above and beyond beautiful. She saw the vision I had when it came to the flowers for my daughters wedding and put it all together. It was above and beyond beautiful. I recommend Lucille for anyone who is planning a wedding. She is helpful and goes above and beyond to make the day go smoothly and be a day to always remember. I cannot Thank Lucille enough for all that she did for me in planning and putting together the flowers for the most important day of my daughters life.
    Thank you so much I appreciate you with all my heart!!! You are the BEST!!!

Sent on 10/08/2015

The staff is super friendly and easy to work with. The flowers were absolutely beautiful. They did our bouquets and our floral arrangements for the reception and everything was stunning. There was a small hiccup because two of the boutonnieres for my grandparents weren't dropped off at the ceremony but they made sure they were delivered before the reception started. Overall, we had a great experience working with Lucille's!

Sent on 04/27/2013

Stella · Married on 05/03/2009

Absolutely wonderful. I had such a great experience with Lucille. She understood my theme and concept of the wedding. She and her staff made my wedding look like a marvelous fairytale. And above anything else, she was the sweetest and warmest person that I ever work with. She every experienced in her field. Brides of the Hudson valley, this is the florist you should consider working with.

Sent on 11/03/2009

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2017

Lucille was great! I gave her photos of what I wanted and she ran with it. During the winter she even did a flower trial of my flowers so I was able to see what they would look like. She also provided gorgeous flowers for the cake.

Sent on 07/12/2017

My flowers were gorgeous and I received many compliments!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Katie · Married on 05/06/2016

Lucille was excellent. The flowers were beautiful and she did exactly what we asked for. She showed up right on time the day of our wedding. Everything went smoothly.

Sent on 05/12/2016

Jeannette · Married on 05/08/2009

Lucille was wonderful, my flowers were gorgeous. She was very flexible with last minute additions and changes.

Sent on 05/27/2009

Tressa · Married on 09/20/2008

Lucille is a very busy, sought after florist because her work is absolutely gorgeous!! All the boquets and arrangements exceeded my expectations! She is very nice and very flexible - adding on items last minute. I highly recommend to anyone - you won't be dissappointed!!

Sent on 10/03/2008

Maria · Married on 05/27/2012

My flowers were beautiful. The centerpieces were exactly what we asked for. This is the florist that the Poughkeepsie Grand uses so we decided to go with them.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Kristy · Married on 08/20/2010

Lucille was very helpful! I was very surprised when I saw our bouqets for the first time. I could not believe they were real! Lucille designed them in a way where everyone was asking to see my bouqet. The boutineeres were also very beautiful. We also had large floral arrangements made and they were very large and beautiful.

Sent on 09/02/2010

Alison · Married on 10/08/2016

Lucille did the flowers for our wedding on 10/8/16 at West Point. They were breathtaking. I received many compliments and the price was fair! All the flowers were delivered on time and the reception centerpieces were beautiful as well. Lucille also did a great job using some lace from my mother's wedding gown to wrap around my bouquet. Great choice for anyone!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Hanna · Married on 09/04/2016

3.5

Lucille was really easy to work with. We exchanged a lot of back and forth emails because I admittedly had a ton of questions! Lucille looked at pictures I sent for inspiration and came up with great ideas for my bouquets. The tables and venue was decorated beautifully and I was very happy with the final product. My bouquets were definitely my favorite part! I took off one star for pricing, as I do think the price was a little high for what we got (the bridesmaid bouquets were smaller than what I was expecting and the ceremony decor was pretty, but bit sparse for the price). But would still highly recommend Lucille!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Christine · Married on 05/01/2010

3.0

I really trusted Lucille and enjoyed working with her, but we were disappointed with the outcome. Since I did feel so possitively toward her, I was actually a bit hurt that it seemed she skimped on the flowers and put little care into arranging them neatly. We were to have one arrangement which had about six hanging candles from large branches. Well, the branches were not well secured in the container, so our venue would not light it. She used the wrong color flower for our mothers' corsages. My mom walked me down the aisle, and I don't like the corsage she was wearing, nor did it go well with her gown. Also, she used a huge amount of ribbon and not enough flowers on the corsages. She did not make my husbands boutineir like the picture we showed her. There weren't enough petals in the aisle. I feel that she was careless with the details that were so important to us. If using Lucille, I would simply ask her to write into the contractnthe number of flowers and their colors, to be used in each arrangement and corsage. Doing that you should be fine.

Sent on 07/05/2010

Lyndsey · Married on 08/23/2014

3.8
      3.0

Lucille was so friendly and responsive to all my needs. She listened and guided me, even when I did not have a clear vision for all of my flower needs and changed my mind about a month out. The center pieces were wonderful, the bridesmaids bouquets were nice, but there was a little problem with my bouquet that her assistants were able to fix that morning and the flower girls bouquet was not exactly what I thought we had discussed. My only big complaint is that Lucille was actually not at my wedding, which I found out would be the case earlier that week and her assistants were sent in her place. These girls were not ready, in my opinion, to handle this kind of job alone. I was getting ready on sight and they consistently kept asking me questions and one of my bridesmaids finally had to tell them to stop as it was starting to stress me out. I am very torn on my review of this vendor as I truly like Lucille, her vision and her shop, however, it just did not all pan out as planned.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Tiffany · Married on 10/24/2010

3.6
      2.0
      3.0

the flowers were gorgeous for my wedding and the cost was great. The only thing i did not like was that my flowers were an hour and a half or so late for my wedding. Which is really annoying when your on a time crunch on your wedding day.That is the reason i gave Lucille's florist a lower score on quality of service not because the flowers weren't beautiful because they were but because they were so late. but the flowers were indeed beautiful. Lucille made my wedding bouquet exactly the way i wanted and everyone kept raving about how pretty my flowers were.

Sent on 10/28/2010

Rebecca · Married on 08/25/2017

3.4
      2.5
      2.5

Lucille's did a great job at our wedding! When I went in for my appointment I wasn't really sure what I wanted - I had some general ideas but I don't know too much about flowers. We went with Lucille's recommendations and everything came out great! The centerpieces, bouquets, and ceremony flowers were beautiful and I was so glad we got to take them home to enjoy them for more than 1 day.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Caren · Married on 05/25/2008

1.0
      3.0

I must begin by saying that the flowers for my wedding were beautiful. All of the arrangements were what I had asked for and they looked great. The quality of the flowers was also very good.When my mother and I first went to discuss the floral arangements, we spoke with the owner for about a half hour. She showed us books and was very patient and helpful. This was one of the main reasons that I chose to go with Lucille's for my wedding. I had an idea of what I wanted in my head, and I needed a professional to help me make it a reality. After this tentative meeting, I made a down payment. A few weeks after that, I wanted to change my flowers from one type to another which I found more elegant, and I also wanted to try and downsize slightly, as our budget had gotten away from us. This time I spoke with a woman working there and the owner was right behind her, but refused to address me. She would only address her employee. I made one suggestion about including fewer flowers in the centerpeices, and the owner actually told the employee that would look stupid. I was standing right there, and she actually raised her voice several times. I felt very upset when I left the shop and not at all excited about my flowers. I would say that if you are on a budget, Lucille's is not accomodating in working with it. They actually seemed annoyed and spoke to me as such. When the flowers did arrive, they were very nice, but one of the corsages for a grandparent was left out. I never went back to get my money back because of the way they had previously treated me, I just didn't want to deal with attitude. In addition to the fact that one grandparent had no flowers, one of the groomsmans flowers broke within the first five minutes of the ceremony. I was satisfied by Lucille's but certainly not delighted, and if one of my friends were getting married, I would not reccomend them.

Sent on 09/09/2008