Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear Reviews

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 3
Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 4
Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear 5

Mica · Married on 09/04/2016

Lucille's Bridal was a dream to work with - Antoinetta and Olivia were incredibly helpful and personable and made shopping for my wedding dress a wonderful experience. Lucille's was only the second shop my mom and I stopped in whilst on our gown hunt and we had a very particular idea of what we were looking for: ballet or tea length, illusion neckline, lace & tulle but nothing beaded/sparkly/over the top. Honestly, finding a wedding dress isn't supposed to have been *this* easy. At that first visit, I fell in love with a Kenneth Winston dress, which we were able to special order in a 2 (smaller than the normal range of sizes offered). At no point did this special request seem like it was a hassle or a pain in the butt. When the dress came in, it fit like a glove, no alterations needed. (Seriously, this kind of smoothness isn't supposed to happen.) Antoinetta and Olivia offered perfect customer service and at no point did my mom or I ever feel like we were being "pushed" to buy things we didn't need. This was especially impressive to me because (1) I've grown used to having sales people ignore my "needs" in favor of possibly making a sale, and (2) from a sales standpoint, I was the worst - bought literally one thing that needed zero changes made to it. Truly, from beginning to end, Lucille's Bridal gave me more than I expected out of my wedding dress finding and buying experience and I really can't emphasize my gratitude strongly enough. I very much unequivocally recommend Lucille's to anyone starting their wedding dress hunt.

Sent on 09/09/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for your kind review Mica. It has been such a pleasure working with you and your mom Robin. We are so happy we were able to meet your expectations and helped to make the dress buying process a breeze. Your mom shared your pictures with us and they are just gorgeous. You genuinely found the perfect dress for your wedding day. We wish you and your new husband the best of luck in the future. Thank you again for your feedback!

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2016

I absolutely loved this shop. One of my friends who is also getting married referred me. It was my first time trying on dresses and I found THE dress of my dreams in this shop. Also, Liz is amazing. She made me feel so comfortable and was very attentive. She found the perfect dress for me. Would totally recommend this shop to anyone!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for your review Ashley. We are glad our consultant Liz was able to assist you in finding the perfect gown for you. We look forward to seeing your wedding photos and appreciate your feedback.

Marisell · Married on 07/23/2016

Thank you Antonieta and all the lovely ladies at Lucille's. It was an amazing experience. I would do it all over again with the excellent service that was provided at Lucille's. I love my dress and my beautiful veil, I felt like a princess. Thank you thank you once again.

Sent on 02/19/2017

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for your positive review Marisell! We enjoyed working with you every step of the way. We would love to see your wedding pictures if you would like send them to lucillesvals@gmail.com We are wishing you and your new husband a lifetime of love and happiness.

Rebecca · Married on 07/03/2016

After visiting over 10 different bridal shops in the NY/CT area, I finally found my wedding dress close to home, at Lucille's. They took the time to listen to my vision and helped me pick out a dress that I felt beautiful in and that met my budget constraints. They don't carry a huge number of dresses, but certainly have a wide variety of price points and designers. My dress ended up being a Maggie Sottero, and I was very happy with it. All of the fittings were easy to schedule and all of the work was completed on time. I felt that everyone at Lucille's was genuinely excited for me and my fiance and they welcomed his opinion when he came with me to my fittings. The only issue I had (and this was probably my fault and not Lucille's) is that that my cap sleeves were supposed to be detachable, but ended up being sewn into the dress after the final alteration and I didn't think to try to detach them completely at that last fitting. I also had an issue with the bustle not staying bustled with the hook and clasps that were sewn in. In the middle of the reception, I ended up pinning the train to try to keep it bustled, but it didn't last more than a few minutes before it came undone again and I gave up. So the only words of wisdom I have are to be absolutely sure that you want a train if you know that you are going to be dancing a lot. It may be more trouble than it's worth! All that aside, I recommend Lucille's 100% to any bride. They also had a nice selection of other party gowns and dresses that are worth checking out. My fiance ended up getting his suit in NY since it was easier for all the groomsmen to coordinate.

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback on your experience here at Lucille's. We take all of our customer's comments and concerns into consideration to better serve future brides. Your review is greatly appreciated. We would love to post your wedding photos to our website and Facebook. You could send them to our e-mail lucillesvals@gmail.com or directly to our Facebook Page.

I purchase my wedding dress from Lucille's Bridal Shop. I had a wonderful experience, they were extremely helpful finding my perfect dress.

Sent on 01/27/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

We are very glad you enjoyed your experience in our store. Thank you for your feedback!

Annette · Married on 06/25/2016

Excellent facility to deal with, I stopped in without an appointment initially and they were so warm and welcoming, the staff each and every one of them is a pleasure to deal with. I actually found my perfect dress that day! My alterations were a bit difficult because the dress I purchased was much larger than I needed but they made it perfect! I would highly recommend Lucilles

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review Annette. We enjoyed working with you just as much as you enjoyed working with us. We would absolutely love to see pictures of you in your gown on your special day. You could e-mail us at lucillesvals@gmail.com or post them directly to our Facebook page. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Paula · Married on 06/12/2016

Got the dress of my dreams on the first few try-ons and the service was excellent!

Sent on 09/03/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for your positive review Paula! We would love to see your wedding photos of you in your gorgeous Kenneth Winston gown. Please send them via Facebook or e-mail us at lucillesvals@gmail.com!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/21/2016

Lucille's was recommended to me from a family member and I'm so glad I went there! I worked with Liz and she is incredibly kind and professional as well as the rest of the staff who always made me feel welcome during my visits. I was concerned about the dress fitting properly due to my smaller frame, but they made sure it fit just right with the proper length so that I didn't have to worry about pulling it up on my wedding day or stepping on it. Thank you!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you Elizabeth and to the family member who recommended us. It was a pleasure to work with you from start to finish. The Maggie Sottero "Winstyn" was the perfect dress for you. We would love to see your wedding photos and post them to our website and Facebook. You could send them to our e-mail lucillesvals@gmail.com or directly to our Facebook Page. We greatly appreciate your feedback!

michele · Married on 04/29/2016

It was a pleasure to work with everyone here. I was able to find my perfect wedding dress.

Sent on 07/26/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for your feedback Michele, it was a pleasure working with you.

Christina · Married on 04/28/2016

This dress shop was amazing. Being a bride of average size, I felt a lot of bridal shops did not have dresses in my size to try on. This shop had a wide variety in my size. My consultant understood my look I wanted and also my mothers (and of course we were on the opposite sides of the spectrum) and she was able to find an amazing middle ground for us.
    The customer service was amazing... so flexible. During the wedding process my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and the doctor appointments (which I wanted to be apart of) started to come in so needless to say I had to change my appointment a few times and one was even on a day they don't usually do fittings because my mother wanted to be apart of this process. They were so kind and sensitive to the situation.
    I cannot say enough kind words... they made me feel confident, comfortable, relaxed.
    And the seamstress... oh my goodness... she was AMAZING and funny. She knows her stuff... my alterations were done perfectly.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you very much for your positive review! We are happy we were able to accommodate you when it was needed for your schedule. We hope you enjoyed your wedding and we would absolutely love to see your wedding photos. You can send them to lucillesvals@gmail.com or message directly to our Facebook Page.

Natalie · Married on 04/23/2016

I could not be happier with the service I received from all the staff at Lucilles! They made my wedding dress shopping such an easy, stress-free, happy occasion. All the other bridal shops I visited were like factories who just wanted to push any dress on you. At Lucilles, they listened to my wants and needs and I found the perfect dress for me!! I can't thank everyone at Lucilles enough!

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review Natalie, it was great working with you for your special day. Your Maggie Sottero gown was just perfect for you, we would love to post pictures on our website of you on your wedding day! You could e-mail us at lucillesvals@gmail.com or message us through Facebook. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Lindsay · Married on 04/23/2016

I had the most amazing experience at Lucille's bridal. My first appointment I had given Olivia some ideas of what I was looking for, and the first gown I tried on, I didn't have to look any further. Of course I tried on a few more gowns just to make sure it was the one, and they were all gorgeous. At my wedding I felt like the most amazing bride and I did not have one issue with my gown. I would recommend Lucille's to anyone who is getting married, it was the least stressful part of my wedding experience! I can't thank Olivia and the staff at Lucille's enough!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you so much for your positive review Lindsay. You looked perfect in your lace, backless Stella York gown. We are happy to hear our consultant Olivia was able to help you find your perfect dress. We would love to see pictures of you on your wedding day! You could send them via e-mail lucillesvals@gmail.com or directly to our Facebook Page. We greatly appreciate your feedback!

Meaghan · Married on 01/16/2016

As a plus size bride working with a limited time frame (less than 5 months from engagement to wedding with 2 major holidays in between) I was nervous about what options I would have for finding a wedding dress. As it turns out, I had nothing to be nervous about! Lucille's made dress shopping a breeze. They had larger sample sizes available, and never once did I feel I was being judged or body shamed. They helped me find a beautiful tea-length Kenneth Winston dress, and it was perfect. Well, it was perfect after they made all the alterations I wanted/needed. They worked hard, and they weren't satisfied until I was satisfied. Lucille and her staff really give the impression that they care and that they want their brides to be happy. I highly recommend Lucille's, not only for plus size brides, but for all brides!

Sent on 02/28/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Meaghan, we are happy to hear about your pleasant experience with Lucille's Bridal. You looked perfect in your Kenneth Winston gown with red pumps, such a beautiful look. We would also like to thank you for sending us your wedding photos, we have shared them to our Facebook page. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Meaghan · Married on 01/16/2016

They are hard working, and dedicated to making your dress perfect for you!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

Linda · Married on 11/21/2015

This is the best place from start to finish for your wedding day. They made my day more special than it already was with the look I wanted. They all are the best!

Sent on 08/10/2016

I purchased my wedding dress from Lucille's Bridal Shop. They were extremely nice and easy to work with. They were also reasonably priced. I felt as though they really listened to what kind of dress I had in mind and catered to that, whereas some of the other shops I had been to did not make it as personalized.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Customer service is what we are all about here at Lucille's Bridal. It is great to hear that we met your expectations. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

courtney · Married on 09/19/2015

Liz was very helpful in helping me find the dress of my dreams. Everyone is the shop was very kind and helpful. I would recommend this shop to anyone who is looking for wedding dresses. they have a great variety and very helpful in looking for the dress of your dreams!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Lucille's Bridal Shop & Val's Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for your review Courtney! We are happy to hear about your positive experience at Lucille's Bridal.

Tara · Married on 09/18/2015

Everyone made me feel special throughout the entire dress buying/fittings process.

Sent on 12/04/2015

Samantha · Married on 08/21/2015

I had an amazing time picking a gown out at Lucille's they gave you the attention you need and the whole staff was so helpful.
    Even when a problem happened, the owner got involved and fixed it right away
    I recommend this place to everyone who is looking for their bridal gown, their bridesmaid dresses and the mothers dresses

Sent on 09/17/2015

Shelby · Married on 07/24/2015

I cannot say enough great things about Lucille's Bridal! The staff is very friendly and helpful. By the time you are ready to pick up your dress before your wedding, you will know everyone and they will know you too! It is a very tight knit shop. I always looked forward to my fittings. They have a great selection of wedding gowns and veils. If you see something you like but they don't have it in the store they can order it for you (I did that with my veil). I actually also got my necklace and earrings at Lucille's. They really have it all! The one thing I do recommend is making your appointments ahead of time!! Since we got married in the middle of July there were always a lot of people coming and going but if you make an appointment they set you up in an area off to the side to it is not an issue at all.

Sent on 08/03/2015
  • F

Francesca · Married on 07/10/2015

I have known Antoinetta for many years and I was thrilled to work with her for my special day. My bridesmaids, mother, and mother-in-law all got their dresses from here. The selection and variety of dresses available was impressive. She worked with us to find the perfect dresses. My husband, his groomsmen, my father,my father-in-law, and ring bearer all rented their suits from here. There were a lot to choose from and they looked great. It was convenient to get the suits and dresses for my whole wedding party in one place. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 11/08/2015

Aubrey · Married on 06/26/2015

Lucille's Bridal was the perfect dress shop! They remembered me every time that I came in and made sure that my dress and the bridesmaid dresses were perfect and ready in plenty of time for the big day. The people there are all so friendly and really care about making sure you have everything you need.

Sent on 12/25/2015

I went to Lucille's for my bridesmaids gowns and had a great experience! The staff is very friendly and helpful. All the alterations were completed on time.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/24/2015

Hands down the only place you should ever go for any formal dress or alterations. I purchased my bridal gown/jewelry, all my girls dresses and all the guys tuxes from Lucilles. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and friendly! I never had to worry about anything which was a huge relief considering all the other planning that goes into a wedding. From purchase to fittings I was treated like royalty! Thank you again Lucilles bridal for making my dreams come true! :)

Sent on 08/02/2015

Great organization. Dress was perfect.

Sent on 12/15/2015