Lubeley's Bakery and Deli Reviews

54 Reviews for Lubeley's Bakery and Deli

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Emily

Emily · Married on 07/15/2017

I'm a Type 1 Diabetic, and because of that, which means I need to count the carbohydrates in foods. I rarely eat homemade cakes or cakes from a bakery because a lot of times the baker cannot tell me how many carbs are in the item, because either they don't know or it would be too much of a hassle. At our tasting, the folks over at Lubeley's went out of their way (when the didn't have to!) to tell us how much was in one piece! Which was awesome! Our wedding cake was absolutely amazing! The decoration was beautiful and the taste was brilliant! It was so fluffy and the icing wasn't overflowing with sugar, it was perfect. It had that perfect melt in your mouth taste that leaves a person wanting another slice (or 50!). It was so good, reasonably priced, and the staff was so friendly and really gave you that down to earth feel. We could not have could not have asked for a better bakery to bake our cake! Brilliant! We will definitely use them for other events!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Lubeley's Bakery and Deli's reply:

Thank you, Emily. Congratulations on your wedding and thank you for letting us be a part of your special day.

Katie · Married on 03/11/2017

Lubeley's was absolutely amazing. The wedding cake they provided was beautiful and delicious. Carol was fantastic to work with, she was so very accommodating, communicative, and helpful with information and recommendations. She made the entire process fun, relaxing, and tasty :)

I am beyond grateful for the beautiful and lovely cake they provided, one of my favorite memories will remain cutting the cake with my husband. Thank you Lubeley's for providing me with that moment.

Sent on 04/04/2017

Carolyn · Married on 10/08/2016

We LOVED our cake from Lubeley's! It looked and tasted great. It was one of my favorite parts our our reception!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Ashley · Married on 08/27/2016

I was so happy and impressed with the quality and professionalism of Lubeleys. The woman who helped us at the tasting, Helen, was so helpful. After we decided on flavors, she asked as many questions as it took until she was certain she had our vision down exactly. And it was! Our cake was absolutely gorgeous, and delicious too! And because the groom wasn't a huge fan of cake, they delivered a special "groom's pie" for no extra charge. The cake itself was free of charge because they had an agreement with our vendor, and I thought this would limit our choices. Nope! We got everything we wanted. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Dana · Married on 10/03/2015

We had a donut cake through Lubeleys and it was both beautiful and delicious! The donuts were fresh...not dry at all and the presentation was awesome. They were great to work with and extremely helpful.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Lubeley's Bakery and Deli's reply:

Thank you for sharing your review and the nice words. We enjoyed being part of your special day.

Connie · Married on 09/18/2015

We went to Lubeleys for the wedding cake for my daughters wedding. Carol was our consultant and was very sweet and helpful with our order. The price was great and it turned out beautiful. And taste wonderful. I highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Hands down, best tasting cake we tested. There are a lot of options for cake, but once we tried Lubeley's, there was no question what we were going to do.

Sent on 09/03/2015

Angela · Married on 07/18/2015

Lubeley's did a FANTASTIC job on our wedding cake! Their cake is delicious, moist, and fluffy. They include the fillings at no extra charge, and everything we tasted was amazing! My mom actually used their services again for my bridal shower, and everyone loved the cupcakes that they made for us. Our wedding cake turned out exactly as we wanted; I simply showed up with an idea image and they ran with it. It was really beautiful. I will continue to patronize Lubeley's, as they really do provide an excellent product.

Sent on 08/20/2015

Lubeley's Bakery and Deli's reply:

Thank you for the review and letting us be a part of your big day.

Jenna · Married on 05/30/2015

The cake was absolutely delicious and reasonably priced!! we were so happy with the outcome and service we received from Lubeleys - it was beautiful and tasted fantastic!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Lubeley's Bakery and Deli's reply:

Thank you Jenna for the review. Congratulations.

We tasted a few other cakes before trying Lubeley's--they won for taste, hands down. They were personable, helpful, and delicious!

Sent on 01/23/2015

My wedding cake was an important element for me in my wedding planning, as my mother's had been designed and baked by her father - my grandfather - a master baker. In both my mother's and my grandfather's memory, I wished the cake to be a reflection of their creativity and of my love for this part of my family's history. Lubeley's Bakery did a perfect job - they worked with my sister and I in designing it to perfection. All of the artistic elements that we wished to have on the cake were just lovely and far exceeded all expectation. Not only was it beautiful, but the cake was absolutely delicious. This lovely, long time family business was the perfect match for my sensibilities, my appreciation for tradition, and my desire for a delicious, personalized piece of art. I can't say enough to express my appreciation to Lubeley's for making my wedding cake dream come true. Thank you, Helen and team!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Angela · Married on 03/22/2014

The cake was beautiful and tasted delicious. Several guests went back for seconds and asked where I got it.

Sent on 03/27/2014

Tiffany · Married on 03/08/2014

I am very picky with deserts, especially cake. I absolutely loved our wedding cake. It was delicious. The staff were approachable, warm, friendly, and accommodating. This bakery has a very family friendly atmosphere. I visited a few other bakeries in Webster Groves prior to Lubeley's that informed me they required huge down payments just to participate in the tasting, where we did not have to do this at Lubeley's. I am 100% happy that we decided to get our cake here.

Sent on 03/20/2014

Greg · Married on 03/01/2014

We had a Super Mario Bros. Themed cake and Lubeley's created a masterpiece! They had an incredible attention to detail and made it one of the highlights of our wedding. Beyomd the look of the cake it was also amazingly delicious. The cake, the filling, and the icing were all top notch. I cant think of anything that could have made it better!

Sent on 03/03/2014

Lubeley's Bakery and Deli's reply:

Thank you for the review. We were glad to hear you loved your cake. Our decorators had fun creating it for you.

anna · Married on 11/23/2013

Delicious on the inside and gorgeous on the outside!

Sent on 11/24/2013

We tried 5 different bakeries around the St Louis area and Lubeley's was by far the best!! The cake tasted the best and was the most reasonably priced. Carol Lubeley was wonderful to work with and provided us with great customer service. So happy we chose them for our wedding cake!!

Sent on 11/14/2013
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 10/12/2013

Lubeley's was great to work with. They were very knowledgeable on helping us select the amount of cupcakes we needed for the number of guests we had. We had complete creative freedom with how we wanted our cake to look like. The cake flavors were amazing and they weren't dried out! I also loved paying a little extra to have them come out and set up the cupcake tower and cake. They did a great job and it was set up early.

Sent on 11/10/2013

Kristina · Married on 08/31/2013

We decided to do cannoli for our wedding along with a small wedding cake to cut. Lubeley's was fabulous from start to finish with helping to put together our order, tasting product and delivery of the delicious dessert. You will have to make an appointment for your wedding cake-may take a week or 2.

Sent on 09/27/2013

Hands down the best cake in St. Louis! The wedding cake designers made the decisions on decorations and flavor of cake so easy. We had a personal and private meeting with their cake designer. I was a little difficult for the bakery to deal with since I did not have a clue what I wanted the cake to look like. To alleviate my stress, they simple used a photo of my wedding dress to match my cake to the lace pattern. The final product was gorgeous...and tasty too! They also took care of the grooms cake which was based on the Ghostbuster's theme. They did an amazing job crafting a Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man cake and separate cupcakes with the Ghostbuster logo. Lubeley's has quickly become our favorite bakery, not only for their beautiful work on the cake, but the friendly service.

Sent on 09/19/2013
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 06/01/2013

My husband and I knew we had to have Lubeley's cake at our wedding after one bite! We were so pleased with the quality of all the flavors and fillings we tried at our first consult. And we love the option to have every layer a different flavor with a different filling. They even let us come back a second time and try the flavors again because we just couldn't decide! The two women that helped us at each consultation were so sweet and each made the appointment fun. The cake was practically gone on the wedding day! We're lucky we made it out with our top tier :)

Sent on 11/25/2013

Maggie · Married on 05/04/2013

Lubeley's was fantastic! The cake was so good, much better than most wedding cakes I've had. I heard that from multiple people too. I showed them a picture of what I wanted and they were able to make the cake exactly how I wanted. Carol and Helen were so nice and easy to work with too. They made everything so easy which was great for me. I highly recommend Lubeley's!

Sent on 10/02/2013
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 10/12/2012

Cake was beautiful and delicious. Highly recommend the spice cake. Helen was fun to work with.

Sent on 10/18/2012

Carolina · Married on 09/22/2012

I have always loved Lubeley's Bakery and when my venue listed it as an option for the cake, there was no question who I would be going with. The cake turned out perfect and was so delicious... They even added pink and blue sprinkles to the cake so I could have the funfetti cake I always wanted on my big day! Wonderful family and even better product!!!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Absolutley amazing, beautiful cake, fantastic people, wonderful local business. They were flexible and fun to work with. Wouldn't go anywhere else!

Sent on 08/24/2012

Heather · Married on 03/03/2012

I was amazed by our cake. The detail they did was awesome and the cake was moist and flavorful. The did a great job and were reasonably priced.

Sent on 03/27/2012