Lovestruck Images Reviews

121 | Springfield, VA

121 Reviews for Lovestruck Images

Chelsea · Married on 09/01/2012

Katie is awesome! She knew exactly what pictures to take, and was so supportive, she even handled my insane family, that wouldn't shut up and follow directions, really well. My only complaint is that I haven't seen my pictures yet!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Sarah · Married on 06/17/2006

Best team of photographers. People still rave about how wonderful the pictures were and how unobtrusive the photographers were. Thank you Stacey and Matt!

Sent on 03/04/2008

Katie was really great to work with! She was really willing to work with me, and answer any questions my husband or I had, and was really flexible about letting us customize her different packages so that we got everything we really wanted, at a reasonable price. She made us feel really comfortable when we were in front of the camera, on the wedding day, was just so nice to everyone, and helpful, and really unobtrusive. She did a great job taking the photo's, but the service from the time we booked her up through even now, when we are just finalizing our albums, has been awesome. Definitely recommend her, as she made our wedding day that much better!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Michelle · Married on 12/27/2011

I am absolutely thrilled with the services Lovestruck provided before and on my wedding day. My husband and I went the non-traditional route and had a December wedding with just our immediate family at the courthouse. I spoke with Katie at Lovestruck, described what I wanted to achieve and she was completely understanding and accommodating. She met me before the wedding to show me some of Lovestruck’s work, calm my bride’s nerves and reassure me that no matter what happened, or how “stiff in front of a camera” my family was, that Lovestruck would be able to get the shots I wanted.

We knew the weather would not be perfect, we knew it would be cold but we thought that at least it would be dry… well, on our day it stormed like crazy! I had been told that they shoot in all weather except for heavy rainfall, and that’s what I had on my big day… heavy rainfall. Our Lovestruck photographer not only provided a calming presence, but throughout the horrible weather she kept shooting, disregarding the rain and simply saying, “I hope nothing happens to my camera.”

I had planned an entire photo session around town since our ceremony was so short and we weren’t having a reception, which made the opportunities for candid shots a little slimmer. Needless to say that whole plan went right out the window, but our photographer made some great suggestions, was open to changes in the plan and got great shots anyway! I’ve got some lovely portraits and a lot of beautiful candids and I am super excited about getting it all put together in the album I’ve ordered.

I will definitely be going back to Lovestruck when it comes time for future family portraits and have already referred a colleague to them for her daughter’s big day. I recommend them to any modern bride who wants beautiful photos of her big day with all my heart!!! Love Lovestruck!!!!!

Sent on 02/02/2012
  • M.Mirosh

Mania · Married on 06/12/2011

Katie is a amazing photographer, she was very professional and she responded to my emails/calls right away! Our wedding pictures look amazing! Thanks katie! :)

Sent on 07/17/2011

Jessie · Married on 10/11/2008

Labor of Love was the first vendor that we booked for our wedding, and definitely the best! Stacey and Lionel were fantastic to work with- unobtrusive and yet somehow they captured all of the key moments throughout the entire wedding day (including the reception!). They are just a fun group to work with. Many people at our wedding remarked at what a fantastic job they were doing, and all of the beautiful images made it hard to decide which to print. I will absolutely use them again in the future for all of our professional family pictures. They are great!

Sent on 03/04/2009

Catherine · Married on 11/17/2007

Fantastic photos! Our wedding was in mid-November, so they brought 4 photographers. I'm thrilled with their work. My maid of honor saw some of the pictures and started crying because they were so beautiful! I HIGHLY recommend them.

Sent on 03/02/2008

Colleen · Married on 11/04/2006

I rate Labor of Love Photography with 5 stars without hesitation! Not only are they exceptionally talented photographers, with a talent capturing all the wonderful details that are so easy to miss amid all the excitement throughout the big day, they are highly professional, flexible, dependable, organized, and responsible. I would choose them again without a doubt!

Sent on 03/09/2008
  • Y

Yoko · Married on 10/07/2006

Labor of Love is the best combination of photojournalistic and artistic photography we have seen during our research of more than 20 photographers. My husband and I actually narrowed down our search to 5 of the 20 we researched and Labor of Love was hands-down the best option for us. We loved Stacy and Matt - they provided the perfect combination of photojournalistic candids, modern and unique posed portraits, and artistic photos. They exceeded my expectations in all three categories. I actually have my "artistic" photos of the still lifes (flowers, door knobs, shoes, rings, etc.) up on my walls and people tell me that these photos look like they belong in a top-notch fashion magazine! They were also so easy to work with, extremely responsive, and very flexible, I love, love, loved Labor of Love and would recommend them to anyone looking for truly special photos that they will treasure for a lifetime.

Sent on 04/28/2008

Rebecca · Married on 04/08/2006

I actually signed on with the predecessor of this company but Stacey honored my original contract. She was always responsive and my photographs reflected the conversations I had with her about what I was expecting. You can't really ask for much more.

Sent on 01/03/2007

Susan · Married on 10/21/2006

3.5

They were great - very responsive and flexible. I relied on them to guide me and the result was great. Photos on a CD allowed me to duplicate photos and send them to others.

Sent on 05/23/2007

Elizabeth · Married on 05/06/2016

Katie is great. She's very clear about her pricing and is great at working with you to get what you want out of your day. I was bummed that it rained on my wedding day, but she got awesome pictures of us even though we had to do almost all of them indoors. I also really don't enjoy getting my picture taken, and she was VERY fast with all the portraits while still producing great results. Her assistant was also wonderfully friendly and is a world class dress fluffer. I would definitely recommend hiring them. My only (very small) area for improvement is that it would be great if she had lower-price album options. I'll make my own I think because the prices are a bit out of my range, but the photos I got were so great I think they'll look great in a less fancy album. You can't go wrong with Lovestruck Images! Oh! And she got the pictures to us SO fast. The website she uses to give them to you is wonderfully set up and easy to use. We got the images back after about 2 weeks which was amazing. Our families had no issues accessing and downloading the photos they wanted.

Sent on 11/24/2016

Tracy · Married on 10/25/2008

Loved these guys. Will likely use them again if I need photos. We met with Stacey intially and knew that we would like working with her right away. She is very down to earth and professional. She was also very flexible and allowed us to get a variation of a package to accomodate our budget. We worked with Frank at both our engagement session and wedding - and Sara also photoed our wedding. Great photos at both the engagement and wedding sessions. My only complaint would be that we didn't get the actual mock-up of the photo album for the wedding for a little more than three months after the wedding - but when we got it, we were bery pleased (btw we have not returned our comments yet on the mock up and it has been several weeks- so I have to admit to dragging my feet a little too). The proofs of all of the pictures though came out a few weeks after the wedding, so we have already shared those with friends and family. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 03/08/2009

Brian · Married on 09/13/2008

We used Labor of Love Photography for our wedding and it was the best decision we could have made. We were thrilled with the quality of the pictures for our engagement photo session and then the wedding itself. Stacey, as our lead photographer, was very professional and has a knack for taking amazing shots. We would not hesitate to recommend Labor of Love Photography to anyone wanting the perfect pictures of their event.

Sent on 12/01/2008

Kate · Married on 07/29/2006

I had a very limited budget and Labor of Love made my budget work. In addition, I was disappointed with the portraits (no fault of the photographer: it was hot, the sun was setting, limited time allotment for portraits, etc.). I contacted Stacey and she agreed that something was missing from the gallery of pictures and scheduled a portrait sitting at no additional charge.

Working with her was a great experience. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 03/09/2008

Sabah · Married on 09/10/2011

3.5

Lovestruck did an amazing job shooting my sister's wedding and then again for mine! They made everything easy, captured photos of all the family and friends, and kept with a style we wanted. Final photos were a bit delayed due to an unexpected family emergency, but all in all I was very pleased.

Sent on 11/27/2011

Lauren · Married on 09/13/2008

The three photographers were great. Not only did the do a wonderful job with the pictures but the people at the wedding seemed to really like them. Stacey and her trainee who came to the bridal suite while I was getting ready made me feel comfortable. Many of the times I didn't even realize that they were there. She also really tried to make sure that she got all of the pictures that we wanted.

Sent on 10/02/2008

Deborah · Married on 04/29/2007

Very personal. Beautiful photos.

Sent on 03/12/2008
  • F

Jessie · Married on 12/05/2009

3.4
      3.0
      2.0
      2.5

Good Things: They charge on the high end. You expect photo journalistic style photos. They provide 2 photographers for the event. They are very friendly, down to earth and easy going. They are on time. They get along well with anyone and offer lots of good advice on non-photo things like how to cut the cake. They offer album design services. If you want excellent photos--get Katie (she does it the best even though she thinks everyone else is better)

Not so great Things: The photos are inconsistent. They can be lighting challenged. They don't give you good estimates for how long it will take them to get all the photos you want. They don't notice obvious things like the one person is way out of the photo in a group shot or how unflattering a particular angle is. They can miss really important photos like the MOB walking down the aisle--for goodness sakes! Their albums are way over-priced.

Sent on 04/30/2010

Amy · Married on 10/11/2008

1.2
      0.5
      3.0

I had a wonderful wedding with many beautiful extra touches. I had specifically selected a photographer who specialized in capturing those details. Needless to say, I couldn't have been more disappointed when I received my CD with my photos. Not only did they miss those pictures, they failed to take portaits that were on my list. (I don't have a picture with my parents!) I only have one picture of us leaving the reception and it is only a picture of the car, not of us! Fortunately, my family and friends took lots of pictures so I do have some good photos. My brother took better pictures than the "professionals". If your looking for a high quality photographer, keep looking!

Sent on 10/28/2008

Elizabeth · Married on 11/04/2006

0.0

Received very poor problematic images from my wedding day - discolored, missed shots, instruction ignored, poorly framed and poorly composed portraits, flash problems (not used during ceremony as instructed, flash not used outdoors, resulting in shadows under eyes and dark and out-of-focus reception shots). Contacted owner about problems, no explanation offered, very poor customer service, insistance that there are no problems. Refused any compensation for poor product and poor service.

Sent on 01/21/2008

Lovestruck Images's reply:

Hello future brides-
    I appreciate you taking the time to read my response. I do not find the review to be truthful in any way and I hope the other reviews have you doubting the validity of this complaint. I would like to offer anyone the option to view her wedding in our "Recent Work" gallery of our website at www.laboroflovephoto.com. The gallery is entitled "Elizabeth and Mike." I truly believe the images speak for themselves. I would also like to state that Elizabeth did not ask for a refund until 8 months after receiving her images. It was very difficult for me to understand why a refund was necessary when for 8 months we never heard of any problems she had with her pictures. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to read this response. Happy Engagement! Stacey