Lovestruck Images Reviews

121 | Springfield, VA

121 Reviews for Lovestruck Images

Lauren · Married on 06/13/2009

Stacey- I don't know what to say here. We haven't seen our pics yet but the amount of fun that we had was priceless! You were directive, fun, got the job done- and just awesome!!!!!! WE LOVE LABOR OF LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! I am sad we won't be working together anymore but i will recommend you to EVERYONE and ANYONE! Your heart, and love for photography comes out in your work. Our engagement shots, were priceless:)

WE LOVE LABOR OF LOVE! IF you need any reference, please let me know!! If I could rate you as a 10 I would.

PS- even our guests and bridal party said how much they loved you!!!!

Sent on 06/19/2009

Esti · Married on 06/06/2009

Loved, Loved, LOVED Labor of Love! From the initial meeting we knew we wanted Stacey for our wedding! Extremely professional, yet their easy going nature put us at complete ease. They still knew how to joke around! Stacey instantly understood the feel of our wedding (rustic, creative, vintage, outdoorsy, FUN) and made our whole planning process completely stress free! During our actual wedding, she and Lionel had wonderfully creative ideas for our portraits, we literally foamed at the mouth waiting to see the finish products. We were NOT disappointed! 2 months later I am STILL ogling our beautiful photography! Thank you for being a wonderful vendor!

Sent on 08/09/2009

Lee · Married on 04/18/2009

When I found out how much wedding photographers cost, I was ready to march down to CVS and pick up a dozen disposable cameras for guests to capture our special day. The investment in professional photographers is risky; anybody can get lucky with a couple shots and slap together a website. Looks like there are over a 1000 in the DC area. However, we were lucky because friends strongly recommended Labor of Love. Labor of Love is not just a catchy name. Stacie loves her job and is very good at it. She is able to quickly asses the couple’s needs and provide a great product based on their taste. She has the ability to photograph in a classic wedding style, while adding her own artistic touch. She is easy to work with. We also had Katie on the shoot who was equally as professional and gifted. No matter how easygoing you are, a bad photographer cannot be corrected. Cardboard cake, sucky band, rubber food, sick guest, broken leg on the dance floor, inappropriate best man speech can all be funny as time goes by. Bad photos will never be funny. In addition, the photographers will be the first ones you interact with alone after your wedding. It is important to have people that know what they're doing. We highly recommend Labor of Love and are absolutely pleased with our beautiful photographs. Family and friends are pleased as well--we have received so many compliments on them.

Sent on 07/07/2009

Tammy · Married on 12/27/2008

We absolutely recommend Stacey and Labor of Love to anyone who is looking for a photographer. We talked to a few photographers before meeting Stacey and I was so thrilled that we had finally found the right folks to photograph our wedding. Definitely take a look at their portfolio -- I think you'll agree that the pictures are great.

Labor of Love was extremely flexible and responsive in providing what we wanted (e.g. before reception photo shoot, multiple locations), were willing to make trade-offs to stay within our budget, were reliable and great to work with (Stacey had both families laughing through the group portrait sessions and fit in wonderfully with the wedding guests), and provided so many beautiful photos (even from the reception which had such bad lighting I was convinced we would not have any great photos but thru some magic the photos were perfect).

We were just floored when we got the photos back (within a few weeks of the wedding)! There were so many fantastic pictures of the event and we are lucky to have such fantastic record of the details, the candid moments, and some great family portraits. My brother-in-law is a photo journalist and he was even impressed with the number and quality of photos. Thanks, Labor or Love!

Sent on 03/13/2009

Shawna · Married on 10/25/2008

Our experience with Stacey, Jenny, Grace, and the whole gang at Labor or Love was, in a word, perfect. From the moment we began planning, we were treated not only with the utmost professionalism, but we were treated to a creatively inspired partnership .

In the planning stages I truly felt that Stacey and Jenny were just as excited about our wedding as we were. Therefore, I wasn't at all worried about them forgetting any details. And they didn't! In fact, when our wedding day dawned with blustery hurricane weather, they quickly adapted our outdoor shots into an indoor plan B. Their flexibility was smooth and graceful, and the wedding party certainly absorbed that attitude. Stacey and team were truly fun to be around that day!

The pictures prove it. They are simply stunning. The moments they caught, the joy they captured in each frame were truly a delight to see. I was so impressed with their original and artful groupings of the wedding party. My husband and I were so relaxed in their presence that our nerves don't show in the photos at all!

Finally, Kyle and I were really blown away by our album design. Grace's photo selections were impeccable. And her arrangements and design were creatively beyond anything we ever expected. We will be so proud to display our album in our home!

We can't rave about Labor of Love enough. I would highly recommend them for any event! Their intimate attention and artistic eye are unmatched. We are so grateful for the photo memories they've given us.

Sent on 06/07/2009

Suz · Married on 07/04/2008

We were a little nervous selecting a wedding photographer, having heard horror stories from other couples. But the folks at Labor of Love Photography were fabulous from start to finish. We met with Stacey,the owner, and looked at different portfolios, then chose our two photographers based on their work. Lionel and Grace did a fantastic job of documenting our wedding day. And just as important, spending the day with them was like hanging out with our friends - it was fun! They were a perfect fit for us.

We had the images within a month, and they are awesome! We couldn't be happier with our choice.

Sent on 09/05/2008

Jessica · Married on 06/29/2008

Stacey Blomstrom, the owner of Labor of Love, is so talented. Very professional, very artistic, very practical, very reliable. We loved our engagement photos, and she handled weather challenges so well on our wedding day.

Sent on 07/09/2008
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 06/27/2008

Stacey from Labor of Love is AMAZING!!! I wanted a great photographer who wasn't cheesy and/or did your typical "portrait" shots at my wedding. She was highly recommended to me and after our first meeting my fiance and I knew right away and signed right there on the spot. We first did some engagement shots in Old Town Alexandria and when we got them back we were blown away at the quality and more modern style and it reassured our decision. Come the wedding day Stacey and Lionel (we got a 2 photographer package) showed up energetic and really wowed our guests. They were directional without being overbearing and took pictures as the moments were happening. We were eager to get our pictures back and when we did, WOW. Truly awesome. There were shots I didn't even know they took, or even knew how they did it because I never saw them standing out from my guests. I HIGHLY recommend Labor of Love and will use them in the future :D

Sent on 08/24/2008

Josh · Married on 10/23/2007

Labor of Love Photography was the perfect company to photograph our wedding.

It’s more than just the photography that you need to worry about at a wedding, there is a professional presence, control of the event, and your expectations of the work completed. Labor of Love hit them all and gave us more than we could have ever imagined.

As a professional photographer it was hard for me to let go of my passion and allow another individual to photograph what I could see as the most important day of my life.

I worked with Labor of Love Photography months in advance addressing my concerns and the type of photography that most appealed to my wife and I. We wanted more of a documentary style with less forced poses, and especially not to distract during the most critical times. Everything worked better than we had planned and we have every photo to show without skipping any details.

They always made us feel comfortable in the planning stages which was one of the most important things leading up to the wedding. It was nice to feel the confidence and professionalism of Labor of Love Photography, especially when you have so many vendors to call and make sure they have every detail down.

Thanks Stacey for making our day perfect and giving us hundreds of great photos to remember for the rest of our lives.

Josh & Holly

Sent on 03/17/2008

Reigh · Married on 09/29/2007

We explored a lot of photographers in the area and we're thrilled that we ended up going with Labor of Love. Everyone was a pleasure to work with. Stacey helped us assemble a package that worked within our budget and she even tossed in an extra photographer for free -- he was training, but the photos came out great so we ended up getting 2x the photos for the money!

Both photographers (Lisa and Derek) were very easy going and were really wonderful about letting us have "our day" while still providing enough direction to get everyone to the right places / poses at the right time. We loved the balance of formal portraits with the "capture the moment" feeling of the natural shots.

And the album! I'm not the weepy type, but seeing our album set off the water works for sure. It was so much fun to re-live everything! Stacey's designer (we worked with Grace) set the stage with a fabulous layout that really captured the fun of the day and showcased the photos. She was sooo patient and allowed me to micro-manage a bit by overloading her with very specific directions (think "can you please tilt photo 67B by .5 degrees clockwise?")

As another added bonus, we ended up getting two photobooks for the price of one! Our layout had several images that covered both pages and Stacey tried to describe how these images would look under the different bindings, but we were living on the west coast by then so I wasn't able to come by and see samples.

I opted for the smaller, book binding so we could have the front engraved and when it came I thought it looked fine, despite the crease in the binding. You can imagine my surprise when a second MUCH more stunning album arrived in the mail. This one had a thicker binding and the photos were printed on heavy backed pages that folded all the way open so there was no crease over the images that covered two pages. Her note said she didn't like the look of the first book, so she went ahead and reprinted with the alternate style. I WAS SO THRILLED when I saw this album!!! I had no idea what a difference it would make until I saw it with my own eyes. Even the image quality was so much better -- printed with a glossy finish vs the matte of the original album. I'm so grateful Stacey had the artistic eye to know which format would work best, AND that she went ahead and ordered the extra style without charging us for the second reprint.

Labor of Love photography provides superb image quality in a very professional manner, and they do business with a personal touch that is very much appreciated when you're planning something as grandiose and potentially nerve-wracking as a wedding.

Sent on 08/04/2008

Claire · Married on 09/01/2007

Our experience with Labor of Love Photography was wonderful. I would highly recommend their photography services to anyone looking for professional photographers for weddings, family pictures, baby pictures, etc. We found the staff to be extrememly helpful and available for any questions we had along the way. In addition to their professionalism, they were friendly, helpful, and certainly helped make our wedding day memorable.

Sent on 03/04/2008
  • O

Kristin · Married on 06/30/2007

Our experience with Labor of Love Photo was utterly exceptional. We sincerely enjoyed having our photographers present during our wedding day...they fit right in and were totally respectful. We initially met with the company owner, Stacey, who helped us find the specific photographers and package that would be right for us. Our lead photographer, Matt Stewart, agreed to meet with us a few weeks before the wedding to scout out a good location for our photos and talk about what we were hoping for from the album. They were so exceptionally flexible on our wedding day that they allowed us to hijack them, and take a detour before our reception for a few extra photos at a favorite spot! They took great care to provide the type of photos we were interested in while, of course, exceeding our wildest dreams in professionalism, artistic eye, and quality of work. Our photos are amazing...there are so many great ones to choose from, it took us 6 months to finally commit to album edits! The entire experience was great. Please do yourself a favor, and put your wedding photos in the hands of Labor of Love.

Sent on 02/25/2008

MARY · Married on 06/10/2007

Labor of Love was wonderful to work with. They captured everything I wanted and more. I would definitely recommend them to any bride that is looking for quality pictures at an affordable price.

Sent on 03/14/2008

Daniel · Married on 04/29/2007

All around great service!

Sent on 03/17/2008

Shanna · Married on 09/16/2006

Stacey was absolutely wonderful! She is an amazing photographer and just a great person in general. Stacey comes prepared to help out with much more than photography on the big day. She helped fix the bows on the flowergirl's dress and she knows a ton of nursery rhymes that help get the little ones to smile. The pictures were ready for us to view shortly after returning from our honeymoon and there were over 1400 of them! We still keep in touch with Stacey when we have photography questions. I would highly recommend her work - she made our wedding day very memorable and captured it perfectly.

Sent on 03/05/2008

Kelly · Married on 09/02/2006

Labor of Love Photography was an amazing company to work with. The owner Stacey is so easy to get in touch with and very understanding of any requests that you may make. We hired Jason Keefer and Christy as our photographers and I cannot say enough about them. We had over 2000 pictures of our wedding day and they were all amazing. Our album is unbelievable. They are true artists! I have numerous friends who got married last year that recommend Labor of Love to other people over their own photographers that they hired after seeing my pictures.

Sent on 06/22/2007

Misrak · Married on 09/02/2006

The Labor of Love Photography team was superb! Stacey and her staff are wonderful folks to work with. We met with several photographers before we found them. What we loved most about them is not only are they talented artists, but they are very personable. Stacey knew how to direct our huge family for all the shots, and she made sure that there were the right number of photographers throughout the day to cover the whole event. We wanted photos that were more photo-journalistic in style and they were really able to capture that. We also took portrait shots and those turned out great. Our wedding was a large Ethiopian-American wedding with about 500 guests, and this didn't intimidate the Labor of Love photographers. They were able to maneuver through the crowd and capture all the key events. They mingled with guests and really fit in. We're very happy we decided to go with Labor of Love Photography. If you want natural looking pictures and an easy going photographer, then we would encourage you to pick Labor of Love.

Sent on 04/29/2008

Alessandra · Married on 06/10/2006

As of the first contact with Labor of Love photography we had a feeling for their responsiveness and care. Their focus on the customer's desires and expectations is fantastic. On our wedding day, the two photographers were constantly at the right place at the right time. It was truly refreshing to interact with such a professional and friendly group. They were the proverbial cherry on the pie of a great day.

Sent on 03/04/2008

Shazia · Married on 05/14/2006

I loved working with my photographer Jason who was friendly, kept everyone at ease and took some amazing pictures. I loved hit photo-journalistic aproach which caught some wonderful candid shots. He listened to any suggestions I had. Stacey put the pictures together and made our album look better than I could have ever imagined. She was quick to respond when I had any questions and didn't mind going over any changes I wanted. She was creative in her layouts and really made each page look like a piece of artwork. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who wants high quality pictures that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 06/03/2007

Dolapo · Married on 03/18/2006

Our photgrahers from Labor of Love Photography were all we could have asked for and more. We were very pleased with the service, they were very professional and they contributed to our wedding day being a beautiful day. Will definitely reccomend them. Certainly worth the money!

Sent on 03/03/2008

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2005

They were both absolutely wonderful. Stacy took our engagement photos and she was fantastic and I was thrilled with our final pictures from that photo shoot. I am very happy that we made the decision to have our engagement photos done by her, because I was already very at ease with her on our wedding day as a result. At our wedding, she was very unobtrusive and simply wonderful to work with. She and Alejo were very flexible and managed to take what seemed to be a never ending list of must take photos supplied by mother. Stacy even managed to solve the problem of bustling my dress.--Something that my new husband and bridesmaids couldn't figure out! They were both friendly and very professional.

Sent on 02/15/2007

Joy · Married on 09/10/2005

My husband and I had a bit of a bad experience with our original photographer who was supposed to do our album. We wound up working with Stacey at Labor of Love by chance, and it was the best thing that could have happened to us. Not only was Stacey professional and sincere, but she was really truly excited about our album and our memories. She was flexible and timely. The album looks amazing...so much better than we could've hoped...and Stacey was fantastic to work with. I highly recommend Labor of Love to anyone who cherishes their memories and who wants to preserve them in a quality, artistic format.

Sent on 06/08/2007

Katie is completely fabulous! Even by the first consult meeting, Katie was completely amicable and professional at the same time. She was very thorough going through details with me and very supportive throughout the whole wedding process. She listened to and treated my concerns with compassion. Katie coached us through an engagement session so that we had beautiful photos even despite the bitter cold and we were completely comfortable with Katie and her style come the wedding day. Katie and her second, Erica were completely cool and easy-going but completely on-point. They were so efficient despite my garrulous family and bridal party and there are so many wonderful shots from the day.

Sent on 06/12/2016

We loved working with Katie and her assistant and were thrilled with the results. Photos came quickly, about two weeks after the wedding. She did a great job at capturing every photo that was on our requested list, including a photo of all 125 guests that turned out perfectly. I would absolutely recommend Lovestruck!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Lovestruck Image did a great job at our wedding! They did the photography for my sister's wedding a couple years ago. I had been impressed by my sister's pictures and hoped they would be available for my wedding. I was so happy with the job that Katie and her team did at my wedding. My husband and I love the pictures from my our wedding. Katie was so easy to work with and she made sure the photographs were exactly what we wanted. I highly recommend Lovestruck Images!

Sent on 09/25/2013