Lovestruck Images Reviews

121 | Springfield, VA

121 Reviews for Lovestruck Images

Katie with Lovestruck Images is so incredible. We loved working with her - she was very comfortable, bubbly, and reassuring (this was especially good for Mike, as he didn't always know what to do with his hands). Our pictures are gorgeous and we are so pleased.

Katie did our engagement photo shoot and our wedding day photos and they all turned out amazing. She is a joy to work with and we would gladly recommend her. Thank you Katie!

Ashley and Mike

Sent on 06/18/2014

Jeanne · Married on 05/31/2014

Katie was the photographer for my daughter's wedding and we were very impressed with her great personality combined with a high level of professionalism. She helped us make decisions about what kind of wedding we would have and how to best accommodate our guests. Both the bride and the groom have large families and a lot of different groups of friends and she was able to capture all of our guests in great candid moments. We loved working with her and would definitely recommend her to anyone planning their wedding.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Kristin · Married on 12/23/2013

We were very happy with Lovestruck Images, and especially Katie (owner and our photographer). From the beginning of the process -- searching for information on the Internet (her website was informative and creative!), she was quick to respond and her quote was extremely reasonable and perfect for our needs, communication with her leading up to the wedding was great (she seemed genuinely excited about our wedding too!), and then the day of - all of our guests loved her (she was so bubbly, professional and polite), she had great ideas for all of our desired shots, and she brought umbrellas just in case of bad weather that we ended up using and are now in some of our favorite pictures. Lastly, she provided unique options for online albums. Overall, we felt very lucky to have found Lovestruck Images and would totally recommend them the company and Katie!

Sent on 02/16/2014

Liz · Married on 10/05/2013

We met with a few photographers and Katie was the best to work with and the most fun. We did an engagement session in Annapolis and the photos were so amazing, we made a guest book even though we hadn't been planning on it. Katie (and Matt, whom she worked with) will put you, your fiance, and all your guests at ease. Our guests loved her as much as we do. It was a delight to have them at our wedding and the pictures are unbelievably good. Katie not only knew beautiful places to go in Annapolis and at the Omni but she captured our personalities and our memories of the gorgeous day beautifully. I would definitely recommend an engagement session (and any opportunity to hang with Katie). The pictures were practically the icing on the wedding cake and we and our families will cherish them. Do not keep looking, Katie is your photographer. I can't wait to have an opportunity to hire her again to live and re-live some beautiful memories.

Sent on 11/06/2013

Lovestruck Images's reply:

Wow Liz! Thanks so much! Matt and I had such a blast with you guys AND your guests!

Jenn · Married on 09/28/2013

Hiring Katie was the best and easiest decision we made during the wedding planning process. She was a joy to work with during both our engagement photos and our wedding. Her assistant Matt was great and made the day even better.

Kate is responsive, easy to work with and seriously does amazing work. The pre-view photos we've seen are amazing and our families and bridal parties are still raving about how wonderful Katie and Matt were to work with.

Sent on 10/09/2013

They say picking your photographer is the most important decision you make in the planning process. We knew we were taken care of when we met Katie. She is a true professional and am amazing photographer. Between the engagement pictures and constants emails, I felt like Katie became a friend who understood our vision for the wedding. The day of, she was early, worked with our vendors and bridal party in spite of the rain, and took the most beautiful pictures. Even though we had to be flexible with the weather, Katie adjusted and kept a smile the entire time. And the pictures were beautiful! I can't wait to use her for future family pictures.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Tina · Married on 08/31/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Lovestuck Images! Katie and Keats were absolutely amazing on my wedding day! First off, Katie was very easy to work with during the whole wedding process and was always quick to return emails and communications. Also, she was so accommodating to my now husband who can be a bit difficult when having his picture taken. She worked with him and I so that both he was happy and she was able to get the shots needed. On our wedding day we were very concerned about the short time limit we had to do pictures in between our mass and the reception since we did not do a "first look." Katie was super organized and got all of our shots in with plenty of time to spare. During the reception, Katie not only stayed well beyond the time I payed her for, she also returned at the end of the night just to get a picture of my husband and I ordering pizza at the food truck we arranged for our guests. The day following our wedding we had so many great moments to talk about but even with all of that I kept telling people "my photographers were amazing, I was so impressed!" My images are not yet ready but I have seen a sample few on facebook and I already feel as though we got the money shots of my husband and I, my bridal party and pictures with our parents. We cannot wait to see the rest of them. I spent a lot of time meeting with different photographers throughout the planning process to find the perfect one. My recommendation is to save your time for other aspects of your wedding and just go with Lovestruck, you will not regret it!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Sara · Married on 08/10/2013

We absolutely loved Stacey and Matt. Had a blast with them at the wedding. Have seen a few sneak peek shots and they look beautiful. Can't wait to see the rest of them. Highly recommend these two!!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Kara · Married on 07/05/2013

Katie was wonderful!! My husband and I had our reception at the National Aquarium in Baltimore and we wanted the party to be very informal and relaxed! Katie took amazing pictures inside the Aquarium and under the tent outside. She was very comfortable to work with! I would definitely recommend her to anyone wanting great, creative pictures!!!! Kara and Johnny-Baltimore, MD

Sent on 09/23/2013
  • User2037084 · 2+ years ago

YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH KATIE! She is absolutely fantastic. She did both our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures and we are absolutely obsessed. Her work was exactly what we wanted and we had so much fun with her through the whole process. She is extremely responsive and very fast getting the pictures back. I will absolutely be recommending Katie to any and every future bride. I have ever intention of using her in the future as well. She is amazing.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Katie was so great to work with! Her personality is great and that, along with her work is what sealed the deal! She was so much fun and made us feel so comfortable taking pictures. I was worried that it would be awkward, but that was not the case (and I am so thankful for that because our pictures are great!) We did our engagement pictures with her and that really warmed us up for the wedding, I was not nervous at all! She makes sure she knows what shots to get and so much more. Our wedding photos are amazing and we have so many to choose from!! We ahd a limited time with daylight and we got everything we wanted and did not feel rushed at all! Katie and Keats were great to work with and I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 05/25/2013

I've never written a review on Wedding Wire, but I feel compelled to share with everyone how FABULOUS Katie, Stacey and Matt with Lovestruck Images are! Although my initial meeting was with Katie, Stacey (assisted by Matt) ended up doing my engagement and wedding shoots and I couldn't have been more pleased. Stacey and Matt were so easy to work with and so laid back that they were a calming influence for me on my wedding day. They were part of the party without intruding, and in addition to having great personalities they're both amazing photographers! Everyone was raving about the guest book Katie put together with Stacey's engagement shots, and Stacey and Matt's wedding photos are sublime. They captured all the best moments of our day beautifully! I highly recommend Lovestruck Images.

Sent on 09/30/2013

I searched extensively for an awesome photographer and we definitely found one with Katie. My husband and I both liked her instantly when we did our first sit down and she was so wonderful for me to work with since I did most of the communication with her.

We went with the MAD LOVE package which had everything we wanted plus a reasonable rate. Photography was a one of top priorities and I could not be happier with selecting Lovestruck Images and I was so happy to have Katie with me on my wedding day!

Our engagement session was so much fun (much more fun than I thought it was going to be!). Katie is down-to-earth, funny, and creative. That's a pretty great mix to have behind the camera. I was also really thankful that we did an engagement session. It made the wedding day pictures even more relaxed. As for the big day, Katie was wonderful to have around and she was SO great with our families. I felt very comfortable and confident in her. She also held my chapstick for me all day, which was a great help! :)

I am extremely happy with my experience with Katie at Lovestruck Images. I highly recommend this vendor!!!!

Sent on 09/27/2013

Blythe · Married on 04/27/2013

Katie Norwood is a TRUE professional. We had many highly reccommended vendors for our NOVA wedding, and Katie was the best by far. She was very responsive to emails and phone calls, and always with the most friendly attitude. My husband adored her as well. We left our initial face to face with Katie extremely happy. She made us feel at ease. I would reccomend Katie to anyone. Whether youre wedding is big, small, formal, informal- Katie will find a way to connect with you and engage with your guests- and most importanly- produce amazing photos from your big day.

Sent on 08/25/2013

Lyndsey · Married on 04/20/2013

I loved every single minute of working with Katie Norwood in setting up everything, she went above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of ahead of time, even gently reminding me that things were due.

On the day of, the two photographers (Stacey and Keats) were beyond amazing! Stacey had an amazing trick to stop my cute niece from crying while we were taking the family pictures, she had us all sing itsy-bitsy spider. It was a great moment.

The professionalism and vision that Stacey and Keats have is amazing. I loved the angles of all the pictures (they aren't too artsy, they are perfect). I honestly want to print every single picture. I wish I could! I had the hardest time narrowing down the amazing ones for the album (I actually paid for extra pages).

I would recommend Lovestruck to anyone who wants amazing pictures and wants to deal with professionals! I truly enjoyed withing with Katie, Stacey, and Keats!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Megan · Married on 04/20/2013

I loved working with Katie! She did an excellent job and our photos turned out GREAT! She also helped us customize a package that worked for us and included what we felt was important. Also, her photo booth props are hilarious!! I felt like she did a great job of photographing what was important, great candids and also some great more artistic shots that someone without her eye would never have thought of. She also handled my large and loud family in a professional manner and got them to do exactly what she wanted, or at least close to it :).

Sent on 09/23/2013

Daniel · Married on 04/06/2013

We initially chose Katie to do our engagement photos and chose her primarily because we loved her style of work, her flexibility in matching what we were looking for and also her experience and comfort level working with a gay couple. We couldn't have had a better experience (or better photos) so it was a no brainer that we would hire her for our wedding. Preparing for the big day with Katie was flawless, she was totally on top of everything and very professional, yet fun. She had great recommendations for anything and everything related to the wedding, which was really helpful. The day of the wedding was perfect and Katie and Matt were a major part of that. Not only did they act as amazing photographers, they helped keep everyone on track and smiling/laughing. The process of taking all of our photos was easy, fun, and enjoyable and the photos came out better than we expected...and we expected them to be perfect! We wanted to go more editorial in our style and that's exactly what we got. We got so many amazing shots and it was like they were in all the right spots at all the right times...perfect. All of our friends and family who interacted with Katie and Matt commented on how professional, fun, and talented they are. I recommend Katie to everyone and we'll definitely use her in the future for family photography or whatever we can justify using a pro for. My favorite anecdote about Katie is the morning of the wedding, I was stressed (surprise) and was running around telling everyone they were late and we had to rush and when Katie and Matt showed up, she reminded me I was running an hour early and I had been telling everyone the wrong time. I'm glad someone had calm nerves that day! If you're looking for talented, skilled, professional, fun, friendly, beyond-your-expectations photographers, look no further.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Jasmine · Married on 11/10/2012

Katie and the Lovestruck team were awesome! She did a fabulous job of capturing our day and really helped us beforehand to figure out what we wanted out of our photography. She did a superb job of keeping us on track on the day of as well as it's all so chaotic and you need someone who can keep a check on that part of the process. The pictures turned out great and we love our album and all the memories it brought back. Thanks again to the Lovestruck team! We are super pleased with their service and quality!

Sent on 10/05/2013

Alexandra · Married on 11/03/2012

We worked with Katie from Lovestruck for our engagement and wedding photos and she was amazing! She was very helpful throughout the planning process and extremely responsive. On the day of our wedding, Katie and Matt did a fantastic job getting all the shots we wanted and were very professional and fun! We just received our wedding photos and could not be happier. Our engagement album was beautiful and we know our wedding album will be too. They are a great company to work with and make you feel at ease that you will get all your memories captured, I would definitely recommend Lovestruck!

Sent on 12/17/2012

Susan · Married on 10/20/2012

Katie was amazing ... I'd recommend her to anyone wanting a top-notch, positive, can-do photographer. She genuinely cares about her couples, taking extra time to meet with them and make sure they are comfortable with her and with being in front of the camera, prior to the big day. She enjoys what she does, is responsive, organized, decisive, and makes sure her brides & grooms are satisfied. She made such a good impression on our venue coordinator, now they are looking to have her as a recommended vendor and provide pictures for them, too. Our engagement session was a lot of fun -- Katie even spent some extra time with us -- and sent back a few photos earlier than expected, since I needed them for the invitations. She also does a good job at keeping us on schedule for the day of, and managing her professional shots with eager camera-hounds (aka friends & relatives) trying to snap the same shots. We also wanted a photo booth at the last-minute, which was a lot of fun and she had the photo booth images posted for guests within 2 days of our wedding. She offers mutliple levels of service. Ours included a 2nd photographer (easier for weddings over 100 guests), and he did a great job, too! Thank you, Lovestruck Images!

Sent on 10/31/2012
  • Rhylissa

Rhylissa · Married on 10/14/2012

We had the good fortune of meeting Katie Norwood of Lovestruck images at a Gay Wedding Expo in DC in 2011. My then fiancée (now wife) and I went for ideas and to have fun and honestly did not think we would find our wedding photographer at this gathering of strangers. Katie stood out to us for so many reasons 1. Her captured images are nothing short of amazing. 2. She genuinely connected with us. She was SO excited for us and our ideas and wanted to be a part of our history. On the way home we couldn’t stop talking about her.

Fast forward to now. My Wife and I have been married almost a year. The walls of our new home are lined with Lovestruck’s photos. When we look back on our Wedding Day it was a surreal adventure. But if we said that Katie was merely the photographer at our wedding, it would be a lie. She was an advisor, a calming presence in the chaos of friends and family and if I could go back and make her an honorary bridesmaid I absolutely would. In one instance we had a mishap where the keys to one of our vehicles was temporarily lost, stranding half the wedding party and making them ridiculously late to the reception. The rest of our guests were there and we had no one to announce us to the party! Katie went above and beyond and announced us as a wedded couple to our closest relations. She even stood in for the MOH and bustled my wife's dress in her absence!

We had many opportunities to skimp on wedding vendors, to go with that family friend that sort of knew how to work a camera and that just-finished-college budget to boot. Let me tell you something (because this super long review clearly isn’t enough) Katie Norwood is a professional that knows her craft, understands people and anticipated our needs before we had even registered having them. The only thing that scares me more than “What if we hadn’t worked with Katie?” is “What if I never met my wife?”

Sent on 09/25/2013

Best photographer ever!! We absolutely love Katie! We had first used her for out engagement photos that turned out perfect. She has great ideas and tells exactly what to do to make the photos look beautiful. We knew we had to have her for our wedding. She was very accomadating to what our needs were. She and her assistant showed up early to our wedding to check out some good spots. They did amazing job, especially with the wedding party and were able to handle all the drunk groomsmen. They both gave great direction and had some really nice idea. Plus I had given Katie some photo ideas that I like and she was able to recreate them for us.
    The turnaround time was super fast for both the engagment photos and the wedding photos. Katie is very on top of her emails and answered my questions right away.
    We plan to hire Katie yearly to take photos of us and eventually our family.

Sent on 10/26/2012
  • User2320461 · 2+ years ago

HIGHLY RECOMMEND Lovestruck! Katie and Heather photographed my 9/14/12 wedding and I could not be happier with the quality of the photos as well as the ease in working with them! Katie's laid back attitude paired with her ability to make you comfortable and ensure she gets the shots you care about is such a great combination.

Another fantastic point to mention is that a lot of photographers are very intrusive on your day, and I have to say that I didn't even notice they were there-- the entire evening. This allowed for our candlelight, romantic, yet fun ambience to be felt by all, while still getting great coverage of the ceremony and reception. She went above and beyond to study our lighting prior to the day to ensure she could shoot us in the best light.

Oh, and you HAVE to get the photo booth! It was such a hit at my wedding-- it lossens folks up and gets them in a fun, party state of mind. My guests all commented on how much fun it was and are really enjoying the pictures from the both.

I'm a pretty harsh critic, and I have to say that you can't go wrong with Lovestruck. You worry about a lot of things coming up to the wedding-- don't let his be one-- hire Lovestruck and let them do their thing! No bride intervention needed! I could not be happier!

Sent on 10/19/2012

SUSANA · Married on 09/01/2012

Working with Katie and Stacey was a fantastic experience for us! We were recommended to use LoveStruck Images from a close family friend who also used them for their wedding.

Getting married in a Greek Orthodox church and making sure they photographers were familiar with the type of ceremony was paramount for us! It was helpful to see multiple sample books of their wedding photography collection, because it helped define their style.

Their recommendation for us to have two photographers was also some of the best advice we took. This allowed for one photographer to capture the groom with his family prior to the wedding, and the other to capture the bride. This proved to be an excellent result as well during the ceremony and reception- because we continually had 2 perspectives! We had images of us toasting to our families and friends, and simultaneously images of our guests' responses! Their coordination and timing was seamless- and it shows in the result of wedding images!

We purchased their albums as well, which are high quality binding, images and finishes!! Our parents absolutely loved the smaller album copies. LoveStruck Images were so flexible and collaborative throughout the entire process of compiling the photo album. It was great that I had a chance to be so closely involved in putting it together.

I would highly recommend them for their professional, quality and commitment to, and personable photographic services! Well done - and thank you again!

Sent on 10/04/2014

Carmen · Married on 07/27/2012

From the minute I saw our engagement pictures, we knew Lovestruck Images would be taking our wedding pictures. My husband and I were amazed at how beautiful our pictures that come out. We were super excited when we hired Katie to do our wedding pictures as well. Katie and her crew were very professional the day of our wedding. Not only was she taking pictures but she was always asking if I needed anything. What photographer does that? She definitely made me feel more like a friend then a customer. I've gotten previews of our pictures and of our album and they are amazing. We are amazed yet again about our pictures. They look beautiful. Thank you again Katie and to your crew for doing such an amazing job. You captured all the moments we wanted from our special day! I would recommend Lovestruck Images anytime :)

Sent on 11/04/2012