LovelyGirls Events Reviews

38 | Wilmington, DE

38 Reviews for LovelyGirls Events

Brianna · Married on 09/28/2013

From my first meeting with Liza, I was relaxed. Her cool, competent demeanor left me with the sense that she would "just handle it." And that is exactly what her and the team from LovelyGirls did. Stilt walkers, fire breathers, sideshow acts, boxes and boxes of DIY decor were just some of the things we threw LovelyGirls way for our Vintage Glam Circus theme. Not only did they coordinate a massive number of vendors and performers, but they also unpacked and set up our decor perfectly. If there were complications that day, I certainly didn't notice. Throughout the jam packed night of entertainment, Liza and her staff were on point and visible to my husband and I at all times, in the event we needed anything. After an extremely long day, the team packed our beloved, custom decor up safely and in a timely fashion so that it could come home with us. Liza, Nicole and their interns helped us pull off the wedding of our dreams and we cannot stop singing their praises!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Cristina · Married on 09/21/2013

I am a type A perfectionist by nature and so are these amazing wedding planners!!!!! They are extremely detail oriented and are experts when it comes to the wedding industry. I was on the fence about hiring wedding planners and am SOOOOO happy I did. It was probably the best decision I made! Liza took so much "stress" off of me. They are super organized, very easy to get in touch with by phone or email and will cater to you with locations for meetings and appts. More importantly, they are just really sweet, good hearted people that genuinely want you to have the wedding of your dreams. I also used a lot of their vendor recommendations that ended up being absolutely phenomenal!!!! I am still receiving so many compliments about our wedding from my guests. As I said in the beginning I am very type A and will admit I am a bit of a control freak, but the day of the wedding I totally let them run the show and honestly could never have done anywhere near the spectacular job they did if there were 100 of me! I was stress free and before I could even think about what I needed to do next Liza was right there and had everything planned out for me as well as the whole bridal party! Trust me, these girls know what they are doing! I will be calling them for the next large event I host!!! Again, no words....simply amazing!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Rebecca · Married on 06/22/2013

I can't say enough good things about Nikki and Liza. I came to Nikki with a venue and a guest list and she gave me the most beautiful day of my life. I wasn't the most organized bride and I didn't have a set vision for my wedding - but Nikki really helped create a beautiful day for myself and my guests. It was all of her personal touches and personal style that really made it special. If I could change anything about the experience, I would have hired her sooner! She also recommended about half of my vendors and they turned out awesome. The most important thing of all was that Nikki really helped our wedding day be stress free. I sort of thought of her as "insurance" for anything that could happen at the wedding... rain, unruly guests, odd requests, misbehaving relatives, etc. Nikki has seen it all and is calm, cool, and collected.
    The day of our wedding was so seamless because Nikki was there in the background. She handled everything while our parents and we were able to relax on the important parts of the day... getting married!

Liza also did an incredible job with our flowers. They held up the entire day and everyone commented to me on how beautiful they were. The pictures really do tell the truth, and our pictures turned out great!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Carmen · Married on 06/22/2013

A Guys Point of View > I honestly thought that planning a wedding would be easy; choose some colors, a theme, make table top features, a DJ or band, pick your music, get programs printed.... It really doesn't seem like all that much :) Then life gets in the way and searching for that thing that your fiancé pulled off Pinterest becomes a chore that easily gets forgotten. But you have another 10 months, you'll be fine. No you won't.

Nikki and her team at LovelyGirls bring dreams to reality. They are so good at what they do that a few simple descriptive words are turned into beautification beyond what you had originally had thought and hadn't thought of. LovelyGirls were so easy and great to work with that we've begun to call on them for interior design.

If it weren't for the LovelyGirls team and their easy understanding of our own thought process our wedding would have fallen short of our expectations and mocked a mismatched backyard BBQ.

The LovelyGirls team over delivers. If you're on the fence about hiring a planner, let this be the last review you read, do it. The money spent will be will worth the stress and time you save in addition to everything you want your wedding to be and much more.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Nicole · Married on 06/08/2013

My husband and I both loved working with LovelyGirls Events! I am a bit of a stress case, so just knowing that Nikki and her team were there to solve any problems was such a relief! Nikki emailed and met with us several times before our big day to make sure every detail was accounted for. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect…I am sure little things went wrong behind the scenes, but I never heard about it because Nikki was there to take action :)

Sent on 09/27/2013

Si · Married on 05/04/2013

We had the incredible pleasure of working with LovelyGirls Events to plan our wedding this past May. My wife and I were having a difficult time deciding what we wanted. We knew we wanted our wedding to be unique to who we are. Nicole, our amazing wedding planner, suggested we have a surprise ceremony. It turned out to be a brilliant idea! We were able to fit in an intimate ceremony and have a full out reception due to her ingenious idea. Nicole was amazing at figuring out who we were and making our wedding very much ours. People are still talking about how great our wedding was even 5 months later, this was all due to Nicole!

Sent on 10/05/2013

Anjuli · Married on 01/05/2013

LovelyGirls Events was one of the best investments I made for our wedding! Nicole and Liza helped me stay on track and accomplish the multitude of tasks that needed to be done prior to our big day! Nicole helped guide me toward making all the big decisions to create the vision of a wedding I wanted within our budget. I am thankful that we were able to have such a great team in our corner.From quick replies to fantastic suggestions on how we could include more personal touches to the reception, Nicole and Liza managed to make a stressful time easier to manage. Not only were we able to have a stunning wedding, we were able to enjoy our day, make incredible memories, and now have life long friends who helped plan and create the best day of our lives. I would recommend LovelyGirls Events to any bride who needs a planner.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Jessica · Married on 11/17/2012

If you are looking for a way to create beautiful ceremony and reception centerpieces without dealing with a run-of-the-mill florist, look no further! While the services LovelyGirls offers vary, I used this company for the ceremony and reception decor only. I worked with Liza, who is super sweet, professional, and creative, to come up with the look for my wedding. She understood the overall look that I was going for and was able to bring it to life! The decor turned out so unbelievable gorgeous!!! The pricing is very reasonable as well- I was originally given a $10,000 quote (YIKES) from a florist to create the look I wanted for the ceremony and reception decor. Hands down, I highly recommend this company to anyone who wants personalized and refreshingly beautiful decor for a wedding or other event!

Sent on 01/15/2013

Hana · Married on 10/20/2012

I had my wedding relatively well planned out...or so I thought! As the time got closer there were things that just did not go according to plan, but who was there to my rescue? LovelyGirls, LovelyGirls, LovelyGirls. Not only were they sticklers for details and amazingly good at suggesting certain things or giving certain ideas to do things in a way that would make everything look better or run more smoothly, but they were able to hook me up with last-minute vendors when things were not running smoothly with certain aspects of my wedding. Everyone worries about spending too much on weddings, but wedding coordinators, and more specifically, LovelyGirls are worth EVERY PENNY. You will not regret hiring them--I think my brain would have exploded without Nicole, and I know I would not have gotten to enjoy my wedding as much without them. Nicole, Liza--you ROCK.

Sent on 11/05/2012
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 10/13/2012

My fiancé and I thought we could do it all, but almost as soon as we began planning we realized we needed help. We were afraid that a wedding planner was out of our price range but Lovely Girls has packages to fit every bride’s budget and needs! We chose the one-day package, but Nicki went far beyond just supporting us the day of the wedding. She met with me several times, including doing a walk through of the venue a few weeks before the wedding. Nicki, Liza, and their team were amazing the day of the wedding! They took care of EVERYTHING--from problems with the hotel shuttle, to picking up the wedding cake and desserts, to decorating the entire reception venue and ceremony site. They made everything run so smoothly during the wedding, and made sure all things were packed up and organized at the end of the night. Even though our site had a wedding coordinator, it would have been a disaster to not have someone like LovelyGirls in charge. We were fools to think we could have pulled this off alone. Thank god for LovelyGirls. Hire them!!

Sent on 11/04/2012

It is hard for me to put into words how much I appreciate Liza and Nicole! If it was possible to give a score higher than a 5, I certainly would!!! Liza and Nicole were probably the best money I spent during my entire wedding, and they were very reasonable! They were organized and on top of everything without being pushy or overwhelming. They have great design vision and decorated my venue beautifully! They coordinated extremely well with all of my vendors and my sister (matron of honor), who all said wonderful things about working with them. There were many instances where they went above and beyond what was expected of them, just to make sure our night was perfect! MY wedding was pretty flawless, and not for lacking any hiccups I am sure, but because Liza and Nicole handled them without me even knowing, which I am so grateful for. I was able to have such a fun time at my wedding and not worry about anything else going on behind the scenes. It really was a perfect night! Thank you so much, LovelyGirls!

Sent on 10/07/2012

Andrea · Married on 10/06/2012

I just had to take a moment to write a review about Nicole and Liza from LovelyGirls Events. They were the wedding planners for my sister's wedding at the Hagley Museum in Wilmington, DE. While it was not my wedding, my experiences with them were just incredible. Since this wedding was not in a location I was familiar with they were so helpful before the wedding in helping me set up nail appointment, find a place for a fun pre wedding lunch, and even helping to organize a whole wedding flash mob. On the day of the wedding, I can not imagine what we would have done without them. From coordinating everyone through a timeline, to the bus shuttles, to dealing with the vendors, having them there made the day run so much more smoothly. The most important thing they did, was take care of everything so that my sister did not have to be stressed at all. It made the day so much more enjoyable for all of us because everything was just taken care of. I have never seen a calmer bride, and I believe that had a lot to do with Liza and Nicole. Plus on top of all that, they are just fun to be around :) I would definately use Lovely Girls to help take the stress out of your wedding day!

Sent on 10/10/2012
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 09/29/2012

My husband and I were thrilled with Lovely Girls. They were professional and detailed from the very beginning. Perhaps the best part was their flexibility -- when we wanted to do more, they had no problems. And when we needed them to take the lead, they did. We had the partial planning package, and for the last month they took the reins and ran with everything. If we wanted, we could have not worried about any part of the wedding.

Importantly, Nicole and her team are fun people. They are great to work with and always have smiles on their faces. That helps a great deal when dealing with something as stressful as wedding planning. We knew some friends who used them and they were just as happy as we are. We cannot recommend them strongly enough!

Sent on 11/04/2012

Lauren · Married on 09/21/2012

I was 100% confident in LovelyGirls Events from my very first meeting with Nicole. It was instantly clear that she was organized, had amazing taste and thought of everything, from the big things to the smallest details. The wedding planning process was a constant collaboration of ideas. Nicole's priority was creating a wedding based on my vision and she surpassed anything I could have imagined. Nicole and Liza worked incredibly hard the day before and the day of the wedding to make everything perfect. In between the heavy lifting, they were constantly checking in with me to make sure I was happy and stress-free. I can't imagine a better team! Thank you Nicole and Liza for the best wedding ever!

Sent on 10/05/2012

Laura · Married on 09/08/2012

LovelyGirls Events made our wedding amazing!
    As a budget-conscious bride, I was on the fence about hiring a wedding planner, but it was a great decision with LovelyGirls. They were a huge value add for the day. They brought all of the details together and most importantly, allowed me enjoy the day and not worry.
    We hired them for the month-of services, but Nicole was very helpful in recommending other vendors to me and answering questions well outside of the last month.
    Additionally, at very short notice, I decided that I needed some help with flowers that I was planning on doing myself and they far exceeded my expectations. Liza created arrangements, bouquets and boutonnieres like I had seen on sites like style me pretty and that I did not think I would be able to have at my wedding.

Sent on 12/16/2012

Melissa · Married on 07/28/2012

Nicole and Liza were so great! we used them for the month of planning service and we could not be happier with everything they did for us. Liza created a beautiful chuppah for our ceremony based on a picture i found online and everyone kept commenting on how much they loved it. Nicole knew exactly when to step in and help. She was there everytime i had a question or needed anything. It took a lot of stress off of me, but also my mom and sisters. Everything was arranged exactly how we wanted it and Nicole made sure to keep me updated on the day of our wedding so i could see how things were coming along. I would reccommend LovelyGirls to anyone I know getting married!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Devon · Married on 07/21/2012

Next to the groom, using LovelyGirls Events was the best decision I made while getting married!

At our first meeting, Nicole and Liza made us feel completely at ease with the wedding process. Like many brides, I had 5000 ideas and no cohesive plan. After 30 minutes, Nicole was already making hundreds of pins a realistic plan and Liza had me dying over floral ideas (that were in our budget!!!). By the end of our 2 hour consult, my groom and I decided month of planning was a must and a great investment in our day. After talking to my parents, my dad (of all people) insisted that we use LovelyGirls' partial planning services due to their clear vision, ability to organize, and amazing personalities.

Throughout the planning process, Nicole and Liza collaborated with us to create our vision, gently guiding us through ideas and bringing to life the overall “modern vintage” theme on our big day. Not only did our event go smoothly, but LovelyGirls made the planning process fun (even for my now husband!), stress free, and efficient (key for 2 busy professionals with tight schedules!). The day of, I felt like a zen bride, knowing I would walk into our venue and everything would be perfect. My mom was relaxed, Nicole made a point to hand deliver our bouquets (and make sure the boys were dressed right!), and walking into the reception space, I wouldn’t have changed a thing. Throughout the night, LG’s timelines kept all vendors on schedule, my husband and I had no clue of any snags (we still don’t to this day, the best feeling!), and we were able to live in the moment with no worries.

The best compliment a couple can get at their wedding is “we had an amazing time – this wedding was so YOU”. We heard it over and over again – even weeks after our event. Hands down, we have the LovelyGirls to thank for that.

Sent on 10/16/2012

I can not thank Lovely Girl Events enough for the fantastic job they did at our June 16, 2012 wedding. Nicole was AMAZING and single handedly made sure that everything went smoothly. She went above and beyond to correct mistakes made by our venue and florist, and made everything perfect. I can not recommend them enough. Thank you Nicole for saving our day!!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Angela · Married on 04/21/2012

Lovelygirls was an amazing team! I did not decide to hire a wedding planner until 4 months before the wedding. My husband and I had most of the major planning finished, but needed help with color coordinating and month-of/day-of services. Nicole was very flexible with creating an individual service package for me and was very reasonable price-wise. During our time working together, she was quick to respond to phone calls and e-mails, and was flexible with meetings to accommodate my work schedule.

Nicole helped our wedding become just what we wanted. She was very knowledgeable and hard-working. She gave her honest opinion and suggestions when needed, but always had our preferences at the front of her mind. Due to her experience, she asked the right questions and got us thinking about decisions we never would have thought of! This helped us avoid unnecessary problems on the wedding day.

Our wedding day ran smoothly due to Nicole and her crew. They coordinated services with all of the vendors and took care of keeping everyone on time. They handled all the last-minute details as we had previously discussed so Rob and I could enjoy our family and friends. I found out after the wedding about a few "emergencies" that Lovelygirls took care of without me even knowing. For example, when my Mom realized she forgot the DVD slideshow she had worked on for months, Liza rushed over to my Mom's hotel room and got the DVD back to the reception in time. I had no idea any of this even happened until a few weeks after the wedding! The Lovelygirls team definitely made our wedding day as stress free as possible, so we could sit back and enjoy getting married. I would highly recommend Lovelygirls to any bride who is in the market for wedding help!

Sent on 07/31/2012

Lianna · Married on 09/10/2011

Nicole was able to anticipate what we wanted before we even asked, and she brought a wonderful, confident energy to the day that just made jack and I feel completely taken care of. Anything and everything went so smoothly because the Lovely Girls team was able to think for us and organize everything so amazingly. Not to mention, they took care of our dog on top of it all. Jack and I feel like they were the key to everything going so well and really want to thank you them for it! We love Lovely Girls and will recommend you to anyone we know in the future- without a doubt.

Sent on 10/21/2011

Linda · Married on 09/10/2011

Nicole at Lovely Girls provided us with excellent service for our "day of" wedding planning. As the mother of the bride and main organizer of the event, I was so relieved to have Nicole there to run the show. I could relax and enjoy the event knowing that every thing was in place. Nicole helped us above and beyond with the details such as the wedding procession, getting everyone where they needed to be, set up at the reception, gifts, candles, seating. She even assisted with the wedding couple's dog ring bearer which turned out to be a perfect touch in the wedding party. Thank you to Lovely Girls for all the help with such a very important event!

Sent on 10/21/2011

Chelsea · Married on 05/21/2011

The day i met with nicole, i knew immediately i needed her for my wedding day. she was 100% on top of anything that ever happened or changed. i really enjoyed having her around and i would recommend her to anyone was getting married. nicole made our wedding a perfect day!!!

Sent on 06/11/2011

Ethan · Married on 05/07/2011

About a week after I proposed to my wife, Devon, I noticed that Nicole had posted on Facebook that she was now a certified wedding planner. I have known Nicole since high school, so I immediately asked for her assistance in our wedding planning. She was excited to work with us and quickly scheduled our first meeting. At first, Devon and I were overwhelmed with the thought of all the work we would need to do to plan our wedding. After our first meeting with Nicole, Devon and I felt a lot more comfortable. Although we were one of her first clients, Nicole had already made a lot of connections with all the necessary vendors to complete a great wedding. At our second meeting, we met Liza, who added to our comfort. She has an outstanding knowledge of floral arrangements and provided us with several options that fit our budget. We met with Nicole and Liza several more times leading up to our big day. Each time, the pieces began falling more and more in place. Devon and I are naturally procrastinators, and I am sure this drove Nicole and Liza crazy, but they never once showed it. After each meeting, Devon and I would say to each other, “Thank God we have them!” The details leading up to a wedding are hard to remember, but what we won’t forget is how much they helped us the day before and the day of our wedding.

Our wedding was in Ocean City, MD (2 hours away), so it was hard to plan exactly how things were going to work until we go there. We had zero help from the staff at the venue during the rehearsal because they were busy getting ready for a wedding that night. Nicole and Liza immediately took charge and were able to map out exactly how things would be done the next day. They gave out itineraries to let everyone in the wedding party know exactly where to be and when. Their attention to detail was amazing. They even made it a point to know what drinks Devon and I would be drinking at our Sweetheart’s Table.

When the day of arrived, I met Nicole and Liza at our reception site to help them set up the room while Devon and her bridesmaids got ready. I wasn’t able to stay long and trusted them to make it look great, and they did. Centerpieces, chair covers, sashes, everything ended up looking amazing. We will always remember what Liza did with Devon’s bouquet. Unfortunately, Devon’s dad passed away a few years ago, but Liza was able to put a locket with his picture in Devon’s bouquet. Everything looked beautiful! Just before the ceremony, Nicole realized that my parents forgot to bring the projector to show childhood pictures during our dances with our parents. If you knew my temper, you would know I was ready to flip, but Nicole calmed me down, and said, “Don’t worry, I will take care of it.” She sent one of her staff members back to my parents’ hotel to go to their room, find the car keys, grab the projector, and bring it back. It was set up well before the reception, without anyone noticing that something went wrong. During the reception, the girls made sure Devon and I stayed on schedule. They had planned out when we would dance with parents, say thank you to guests, and cut our cake. I know people say, “I couldn’t have done it without them” all the time, but in this case, it is absolutely true!! Several guests came to me and said that they wished they had planners like that for their wedding.

Overall, we cannot recommend Lovelygirls enough. Their professionalism, organization, and courtesy were top notch! If you would like to see evidence of this, please check out photos from our wedding at this website: http://tpozphoto.smugmug.com/Weddings/DevonEthan-Wedding

Sent on 11/02/2011

Caitlin · Married on 08/13/2010

ovelyGirls Events made my wedding PERFECT! From designing the DIY church door wreathes to making my vision a reality!!!! Nicole even drove one of my bridesmaids to the seamstress' house an hour before the ceremony to sew on a new zipper! Most of my planning was done from Iraq through emails & phone calls! My dream definitely wouldn't of become a reality without them! I was able to make it through the whole wedding without worrying about the little details that can always go wrong! In my opinion there is no need to look around for the perfect wedding planner, because LovelyGirls Events IS IT!!!! THEY ARE AMAZING!

Sent on 01/06/2011

hope · Married on 08/13/2010

I would like to send a special thank you to Nikki and Trish of lovely girl events! I delt Nikki the days leading up to my best friends wedding. I had an ugly zipper malfunction on my bridesmaid and thanks to Nikki's quick thinking she contacted a near by seamstress that did the alterations for the bride then quickly drove me personaly to the seamstress house. Caught up in the moment I started to become a little emotional because I didn't want to be reason why my dear friends wedding day was thrown off. Nikki being the witty profesional quickly calmed me down and sent the limo off with the rest of the bridal party to start pictures. Nikki and Trish stayed behind with me while the zipper was being replaced. It wasn't even 10 minutes and the dress was finished! We quickly hopped into Nikki's car and she got me to the rest of the bridal party and I didn't miss a thing! The rest of the day ran smoothly and was the most beautiful wedding I've ever been to. Looking back at the pictures I can laugh now, but to think what would I have done if they weren't there. Only if I knew of Lovely Girls Events a year earlier I would love them to do my wedding all over again....
    Thanks again,