Love Plus One Entertainment Reviews

46 | Southfield, MI

46 Reviews for Love Plus One Entertainment

Katelyn · Married on 08/18/2018

Best decision!!

My husband and I met with a lot of DJ companies. Planning a wedding is really stressful and trying to find a DJ company (which is, in my opinion, one of the most important things) that is reliable and good at what they do, can be very overwhelming. When we met with Darren, he went over everything and was extremely helpful! We had continuous communication with him throughout the planning process. Our DJ was Alex, who was amazing as well! Our guests (and us) loved him! He kept to our timeline and our guests on the dance floor all night! I can not say enough good things about this company, they truly made things easy, stress free, and enjoyable!!

Tiffany · Married on 09/23/2017

Vinnie was incredible and such a professional. I would highly recommend Vinnie, our guests didn't leave the dance floor!

Dustin · Married on 08/19/2017

We hired GoPro DJs for our wedding reception. DJ Alex did an excellent job from start to finish. He was very professional and very flexible to all of our changes and last minute requests. He was very professional and extremely friendly the entire night. My only regret is not booking him for longer! Definitely would recommend him to others looking for wedding DJs. As a company, GoPro DJs was very responsive via email and phone and very professional.

Courtney · Married on 08/12/2017

We had an excellent time during our wedding and it sounds like all of our guests thought the same thing. Vinnie did a fantastic job on the day of the wedding. He was helpful and easy to work with, even when things were changing on the fly. I would recommend Go Pro DJs and Vinnie to any one of my family or friends.

David · Married on 07/15/2017

Darren (manager I think) was in touch with us right from the beginning. The website for songs was straightforward enough - took me a second to get used to the format - and the actual day of deejaying was right on! I'd recommend these guys to anyone asking in the Detroit area.

Elizabeth · Married on 06/03/2017

Darren was amazing from start to finish. He met me at the venue to go over design and lighting. He was able to answer all my ridiculous questions and handle all requests at ease. GoPro had a count down to the big day that kept me focused and alerted to their needs and things I hadn’t even thought of. Song suggestions were on point. I can’t even begin to tell you how happy my husband and I were with the service, communication and complete event.

• Amber Z

Amber · Married on 11/05/2016

5 stars is not enough!! Kris did such an amazing job at our wedding. He was professional and polite and made sure we were happy with everything. We had a few meetings with him before the wedding and he went over EVERYTHING. He did not miss a single detail. The wedding day went by so smoothly and I thank him for a lot of that. He made sure the wedding party knew where to be for the grand entrance, he even had my Husband's jacket ready for the first dance and my boquet ready for the toss. Like I said, he didn't miss a single detail! He also did our lighting and it looked awesome! The whole room was lit up, not just portions of it. His set up looked great as well. He really knew how to keep people on the dance floor. Stela was our photographer and we were extremely happy with her too. They make an awesome team!! I couldn't have asked for a better DJ or photographer. Kris goes above and beyond to make sure that the bride and groom are happy!!

Our DJ, Mike, was amazing! Throughout the whole process, Darren was in communication with us and helped us use our website to personalize things that we wanted/didn't want. The personal website makes things super easy. We then communicated with Mike a week or so before the wedding to finalize all the details. We went over the forms we filled out on our website to make sure the flow of the evening was correct and he verified all the song requests we had. I had 2 Father/Daughter dances so he explained to me how that would work. The day of the event, he verified the pronounciation of everyone's names in our wedding party. Our speeches and dances went off without a hitch. No delays or mistakes. Mike was AWESOME when it came to reading the vibe of our guests and playing all the right music!! From old to young, everyone was on the dance floor the whole time. My biggest fear was an empty dance floor and Go Pro DJs made sure to avoid that for me!
    I would recommend Go Pro if you're looking for a fun DJ at a reasonable price. They're super quick at responding to emails and I never was left without an answer. Go with Go Pro and you won't be disappointed!!

Tanya · Married on 10/01/2016

We can't thank you enough for the job you did on our wedding night. It was seriously above and beyond awesome. The music was perfect, and I can't tell you how many compliments we had from all of our guests. You guys really did an amazing job. I don't think I've ever had that much fun at a wedding, and the music couldn't have been more perfect. Even my 85 year old grandma was getting down on the dance floor. She was loving every minute of it. John & Keith are incredibly talented, thank you!!

My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful experience with Go Pro DJs and our DJ Darren. Darren made sure to personally cover all of the details with us ahead of time so that he knew the wedding timeline, name pronunciations, our musical likes/dislikes, and everything else entertainment-related. Best of all, the dance floor was packed all night! Guests of all ages have been raving about the music ever since. A big thank you goes out to DJ Darren and Go Pro DJs, and I would absolutely recommend their services to anyone!

• User6195856 · 2+ years ago

Mike was amazing-- we can't say enough wonderful things about him. He was a wonderful Master of Ceremonies and made the night unforgettable. Between our selections and the pre-wedding conversation I had with him, he really delivered a set that was fun for everyone! (I don't think the dance floor was empty for a second.) So many of our guests wanted his contact information, and we made it a point to usher them to Go Pro DJs.

Charlotte · Married on 07/16/2016

My husband and I got married on July 16, 2016. When planning the wedding, I was hesitant to hire a DJ due to horror stories I had heard from other brides. As it turned out, hiring Go Pro DJs was one of the BEST decisions I made throughout the whole wedding. We had DJ Phil, who was completely professional, attentive and kind from start to finish. He arrived extremely early to set up at both the ceremony and reception cites. Each of our chosen songs was played at the correct times with no mistakes. Phil paid attention to the crowd and adjusted the dance music accordingly. He even went out of his way to bring my husband and I our wine during dinner! We received numerous compliments from family and friends saying that he was one of the best DJs they had ever seen at any wedding. Everything went perfectly and we have Phil and Go Pro DJs to thank for that. I would definitely recommend this company to any bride and groom who want their wedding to go smoothly!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Hi Charlotte,

We're so happy for you & Frank and honored that you chose us for your big day. Phil is a true pro and I'm so glad you got to experience his professionalism.

Thanks again and congrats!
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/25/2016

Darren was the best DJ we could have chosen for our big day! He was laid back and very reassuring that our ceremony would go off without a hitch and he was right. As the big day got closer my pastor made me nervous that I did not have someone to coordinate our wedding I contacted Darren immediately about my fears and plans for the ceremony. He carried every detail of our wedding as expected, he was not the in your face all about me DJ which was simply refreshing from being at previous weddings. He set up lights also at our venue at minimal extra charge and really helped bring our day to life. If I could do it all over again he would be on my list to choose time and time again. Thank you Go Pro DJ!!!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Love Plus One Entertainment's reply:

Thank-you so much for the nice review!!! I had a great time being your DJ and emcee at your wedding. It was perfect! Cheers & Congrats!

Danielle · Married on 06/18/2016

Darren was a pro! We were told numerous times how good the music was that night. The dance floor was packed the entire time just like we wanted. He was very responsive during the planning process and overall was awesome.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Love Plus One Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words! I had a blast spinning at your wedding. Cheers!

Brandie · Married on 06/04/2016

Dave was awesome!!! Our guests were on the dance floor all night and one of our flower girls even started crying because she didn't want to leave lol he came and introduced himself while we were waiting to make our grand entrance, and even let me text him the day of the wedding when I wanted to change all our of grand entrance songs! He responded while I was in the limo heading to the church, letting me know that he would take care our of our last minute request, and our guests absolutely loved it! Also it turned out that he knew my parents lol hilarious. He was awesome though. Glad he was our DJ!!

Chelsea · Married on 05/14/2016

Our wedding day and entertainment went GREAT! Phil did an amazing job and we were very happy with him. He was organized, fun, got the whole room dancing and made our evening go smoothly. At one point during the night he even kept me on track with my timeline! I would definitely recommend Phil and Go Pro DJs, thank you!!

Leah · Married on 12/19/2015

GoPro DJs made our wedding a night to remember! The dance floor was constantly full of our friends and family. I never actually left the dance floor, except to get water because I was dancing so much. Daren Revell was our DJ and he was super helpful. He had excellent music selections and kept things professional and fun. We also had some last minute changes that he accommodated with no issues. Highly recommend them!
    -Bride

The online planner tool that was part of our package was such an amazing tool!

Daren was so awesome to work with. He is great at vibing the crowd out and changing music accordingly.

Dan, the percussionist, was such an amazing addition to the party! He allows guests to play along with him on the drums! We could not pull my 86 year old grandmother away from the drums.

Thank you all for providing the music and entertainment for our big day! It meant the world to us!

erica · Married on 03/21/2015

Go Pro Dj was awesome! Darren was great! I was able to customize my playlist with the online planner, and they really worked with us to make sure there was a large variety of music for everyone to love. The night went smoothly, and just as we hoped thanks to Darren checking in with us throughout the night. From start to finish they really went above and beyond to help us make this day special. I planned our wedding myself, and they really helped us to figure out the flow of the night, and made sure everything went well so that I could relax and enjoy the party! I would highly recommend Go pro DJ's by Urban Kris Productions if you're looking for a night to remember!

Jessica · Married on 12/13/2014

I want to start by saying that I am the type of person who always read the reviews on The Knot or WeddingWire with a grain of salt. The conspiracy theorist in me tended to assume that the bad reviews must have been censored and the ones that were posted are probably written by friends or family. How could anyone make everyone happy 100% of the time right??? Boy was I WRONG. These guys are really THAT GOOD!! Choosing to work with Urban Kris Productions for our DJ, Percussion and Photography was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Darren, our DJ, kept in touch with us leading all the way up to our wedding day. He played the perfect mix of music genres with a steady even flow, making sure to keep each generation of our guests involved and having fun. We've continually heard nothing but compliments from our guests on the music, and everyone loved Jared (the percussionist) and how he added that extra live element to the night. Adding Jared was icing on the cake! We had a blast, our guests had a blast, and I would definitely recommend Urban Kris Productions to anyone looking for exceptional wedding entertainment!

My husband and I are SO happy that we decided to go with Go Pro DJs by Urban Kris Productions for our wedding reception! They were extremely professional from start to finish. We found their website extremely helpful in selecting our music and setting up the “flow” of our reception. With only 75 guests, we were THRILLED that the dance floor was always packed with guests having the best time! We would highly recommend them! Thank you, Darren for being so awesome!
    - Dee & Chad

Abbie · Married on 10/11/2014

When considering the entertainment for our wedding, we immediately thought a band was the way we HAD to go. Taking a look at the pricing we thought we should at least consider a DJ to help curb the budget we were crushing. As we looked around, it seemed like a unique option was Urban Kris Productions/Go Pro DJs. We set up a meeting with Kris and were immediately blown away by their professionalism and unique twist to your basic wedding DJ. Between uplighting, percussion, and their online app to coordinate the entire day, we knew that using Urban Kris Productions was the new direction we were happily headed.

We appreciated the opportunity to sit down with our DJ a couple times prior to our wedding to go over details and make sure we were comfortable moving forward. Darren was incredible! He listened to our ideas, offered his suggestions, and assured us that our wedding would be a party to remember. He went above and beyond, orchestrating the music for our ceremony, creating a perfect atmosphere for our cocktail hour and dinner, and then an amazing reception atmosphere. Adding percussion was the best idea as well. It was an interactive element that our guests can't stop talking about! More than everything, our guests had a very memorable experience. When you have a DJ that perfectly sets the mood for your evening and reads the crowd to make sure they have the time of their lives, at the end of the evening, you end up with a wedding to remember! I would recommend Urban Kris Productions to anyone looking for a polished, professional, and fun DJ to add to whatever kind of party your planning. They're seriously the best!

Casey · Married on 06/06/2014

If you’re looking for a Professional Wedding DJ Service look no further. After meeting Darren from Go Pro DJ’s by Urban Kris we were blown away how educated and professional there staff is. After meeting a few other DJ companies that we’re just so blah we were so happy final find a DJ service that was right for us. We wanted a DJ for our wedding that would play all the standards but also play club music towards the end and every other company said that wasn’t there specialty and they actually referred us to Go Pro DJ’s because thats what they are known for.

Fast forward to the day of events - Darren kept everything on time, was a amazing emcee & host and played music that appealed to everyone with very little direction for us. The dance floor was packed from 9-12am and there was never a dull moment.

The best part about Go Pro DJs was we actually met and planed with our DJ (Darren) the entire way. All the other companies don’t allow you to meet your DJ? You only watch a video of them and speak to them on the phone the week before you wedding. I can’t imagine not have meeting Darren before our wedding.

Go Pro DJs made our wedding something special and one to remember. I will be telling all my friends about there DJ services.

Choosing Darren from Go Pro DJ’s by Urban Kris Productions was the best decision Kristie and I made. He was so professional from start to finish. He made suggestions that kept everything running smooth and on time. The dance floor was jam packed the entire time and he played music for all ages and genres. Music was the most important part of our wedding and we’re glad we found them because they are true professional DJ’s. We highly recommend Go Pro DJs to any couple looking for the best.

Laura · Married on 03/08/2014

Our wedding night was perfect! We had such an amazing time. I wish I could go back-in-time and do it all-over again! I must attribute much of the success to Urban Kris Productions. They went above and beyond. Very professional and we were able to meet with our DJ and work with him leading up to our wedding day. Can’t say enough about the music throughout the night either. Everyone had a great time. I will highly suggest Urban Kris Productions to all my friends! Thank-you!