Love Maui Weddings Reviews

Love Maui Weddings 5
Love Maui Weddings 6
Love Maui Weddings 7

Michelle · Married on 06/05/2015

My husband and I got married on June 5, 2015. Over a year ago, I started researching wedding planners to help plan our dream wedding on a beach in Hawaii. After sending inquiries to a handful of planners, I felt confident that Vickie of Love Maui Weddings would be the best choice given her responsiveness, attentiveness and enthusiasm in her initial correspondence. I stand by my decision today as Vickie planned such a wonderful wedding for us and 40 of our closest family and friends.

Vickie and her husband, Rick, work with amazing vendors. The hair/makeup artist, Beth, did gorgeous work for my sister (Maid of Honor) and I. Ernest (officiant) performed a beautiful ceremony and the photographer, Jessica and her assistant were very creative and delightful to work with. Vickie recommended Cake Fanatics to create our cupcake tower for the reception and they did such a great job, our guests are still talking about how those were the best cupcakes they've ever had. Our on-site beach coordinator, Chris, was so friendly and made me feel comfortable and at ease despite us not having a rehearsal. Rick booked three different chartered vehicles to transport all our guests from different resorts to the separate ceremony and reception locations and it worked perfectly. The vehicles were new, clean and the drivers were on time and very professional.

Planning a wedding is no easy task, let alone planning a destination wedding in a destination you've never been to. Vickie made everything easier from patiently answering hundreds of my questions to expertly recommending locations and timing and keeping track of all the little details. I'm very happy with my decision to work with Love Maui Weddings and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a beautiful and memorable Maui wedding.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/15/2015

I'm not sure where to start to try to express my gratitude for Vickie, Rick & their team.

Our wedding day was perfect. Your team is the best of the best. Everyone made us feel so special and are the kindest & most sincere people. I felt like I knew all of them for a long time, not like we had just met.

Beth did such a great job with my hair & make-up. She made me feel so pretty and is a kind kind person. I enjoyed our time while she was here and felt like I was visiting a friend.

The ceremony could not have been better. Ernest touched my heart within the first few minutes and when he asked if he could sing "Marry Me" by Train for us, the tears were flowing. Tim proposed to me with that song. Ernest didn't know that but it was meant to be. It was just one more sign that everything was perfect.

Bruce & Susan are just as amazing. They made everything go so smooth and helped us to enjoy every minute. They are also such good people and we enjoyed working with them. Our photos are beautiful!!

I had zero stress on our wedding day and that is all because of you and your team. It couldn't have gone better. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! My gratitude is hard to put into words.

Jennifer & Tim Little ❤️

Sent on 05/24/2015

Kristyn · Married on 04/28/2015

We were married on Maui 04/28/2015

Vickie & Rick worked with me on everything down to the dollar to fit our budget. I think in the year it took us to plan our wedding, Vickie and I exchanged hundreds of emails, down to the day before the wedding. She never lacked detail in her explanations or answers.

The wedding itself was a dream come true, thanks to Vickie, Rick and Sarah, our day of coordinator. The vendors were all fantastic to say the least. All our guests raved about everything, venue, flowers, food, photographer and Sarah, the list goes on. Sarah was a total sweetheart and was more helpful than one can imagine. There were 2 minor hiccups as for any wedding, but she was all over them before I even had a chance to stress. Her constant attention to detail was noticed by every guest and everyone just loved her.

Thank you Vickie, Rick and Sarah for your fantastic work before, during and even after our big day. My guests and I would recommend Love Maui Wedding's services to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Lori · Married on 04/09/2015

Our wedding experience with Dolphin Dream Weddings EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS! With three months to plan our Maui wedding, I was so nervous about everything coming together. Vickie took care of everything, and considering I was planning a wedding from Canada, it was pretty stress free.

My initial phone consultation with Vickie was close to a two hour phone call, she was very informative, and spent the time to answer my questions. I felt like she really listened to me, with my concerns, and what I envisioned for our special day. (I did not get this vibe from the other planners I had spoken to)

Vickie continued to communicate with me almost daily via email or phone, sometimes after hours, while recovering from illness, and looking after a sick relative. I never had to be in touch with any of the vendors, Vickie looked after all of that. I was clear about what I wanted, and she delivered.

I was nervous that there was going to be another wedding coordinator at the estate on the big day, but from the time we arrived to Kukahiko Estate, until we finished taking the last picture, Andrea was there making sure everything went smoothly. I can't say enough about how organized and professional she was!!! Every vendor there, including the hair and makeup girls were kind, patient, and very professional!

Our guests were equally impressed, and most said it was the most beautiful and organized wedding they have ever attended. It really was a "DREAM WEDDING"!

I felt that Vickie and her husband Rick did a fantastic job, and we couldn't be happier with the outcome! It's amazing how you can develop a relationship with people you have never met, and I really felt that with Vickie. My only regret, that I didn't get a chance to give her a big hug!!!

I would definitely recommend Love Maui Weddings and Dolphin Dream Weddings to anybody planning a Maui wedding.

Sent on 04/28/2015

Robert · Married on 09/28/2014

Vickie was amazing and EVRYTHING was perfect and just the way we imagined it. I planned this wedding from the mainland and only had three months to get everything done, location, food, flowers, photographer, transportation, etc., etc. I could have NEVER done this without Vickie. She literally worked day and night to make it happen. No change or addition to what we originally discussed was too much for her. Everything was done in a timely manner and with a smile. The vendors she recommended were perfect! She gets personally involved, makes good recommendations but also respects your wishes. She takes a lot of pride in what she does and it shows. She perfectly represents the Aloha spirit and I would always highly recommend her. Mahalo nui loa for everything Vickie and I look forward to seeing you again. Aloha!

Sent on 06/04/2016

Vickie and her team at Love Maui Weddings did an excellent job planning our wedding and helping it all to go smoothly on our special day. She uses the best vendors on Maui and has extremely reasonable prices. I especially liked our photographer, Caitlin Cathey, and our caterers, Aloha Catering.

Sent on 01/29/2014

Barbara · Married on 08/05/2014

Mahlo to Vickie and Dream Dolphin Weddings! We renewed our vows for our 25th anniversary and Vickie had all planned perfectly. It could not have been smoother. Our Pastor and photographer, chosen by Vickie, were absolutely wonderful! Our location perfect. Every detail was worked out with ease and Vickie was exceptional in responses to emails and calls. She even went beyond by personally calling us more than once to make sure we were safe and prepared for Hurricane Iselle. Thank for the beautiful memories!

Sent on 08/10/2014

shernette · Married on 05/23/2014

We both would like to thank you for making our special day so wonderful and stress free. Thank you for being so patient, understanding and accommodating to our crazy request. Vickie you were outstanding from the first day till now, always there to answer all of our questions and make the impossible into a reality. The venues our photographer the minister everyone was excellent and made us feel like a superstar. Thank you again and we will be spreading the word to others..

Adam & Shernette Ward
    May 23, 2014

Sent on 06/01/2014

Allison · Married on 05/06/2014

Our wedding was perfect! Rick an Vickie did such a good job understanding who we are and what we wanted and their plan for us couldn't have been better. The vendors and quality of products were nothing short of excellent.

Sent on 05/14/2014

Jamie · Married on 04/11/2014

Thank you so much Vickie Jackson! We had an amazing maui beach wedding.... It was exactly what we wanted with no stress.... We decided to get married in less then 2 months from the date we picked so we were in a time crunch and within 2 days she had everything reserved for us!
    I would definitely recommend Dolphin dream weddings (Love maui weddings)
    Thanks for everything!!!!

Jamie & Matt
    04/11/14
    Okotoks, AB, Canada

Sent on 04/19/2014

Marilou · Married on 04/11/2014

Thank you Vickie Jackson and your whole team for making our dream wedding come into reality! We couldn't have been more happy of how everything turned out. We're so grateful for you for listening to our vision and making it more beautiful than we could ever have imagined. My bouquet was just phenomenal, and the single flower for my BMs were amazingly beautiful! They loved it! :)
    All of our guests have commented that this was one of the BEST wedding they have ever been to! Trusting in you really was the best decision we've made :)
    Our photographer Caitlin was really amazing! Cassandra for my hair and make up was a perfectionist and made sure I looked beautiful for the big day. Carrll our officiant was amazing! He made sure to meet with us first before the wedding to get to know us. We felt like we've known him for a long time! In fact our family loved him as we'll and decided to have him renew my husband's parents 50 years anniversary the next day! Sarah our coordinator was very helpful and made sure everything ran smoothly.
    Thank you again! We would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone who wants their dream wedding come true.

Mahalo!
    Ross and Marilou

Sent on 05/02/2014
  • Belinda

Belinda · Married on 02/07/2014

I just wanted to say thank you to Vickie Jackson, and her husband, for helping me and my husband create our Maui Dream Wedding. It was even more amazing than we could've imagined. The vendors you chose were all so great. They were professional and did what they did really well, but they were kind and loving and really embraced us as a couple and our special day. I'm so glad you made some suggestions, the wedding circle of flowers on the beach really made for amazing photographs, and having two permits made it stress free because really when it did rain that day and we had to switch beaches it was still so perfect because after all you are in Maui and everywhere it's so beautiful. I felt stress free from the moment we arrived thanks to your outline of what we needed to do, which really wasn't much, we had to go get our license but Vickie handled everything else, but it helped seeing it all on paper, you covered everything. Our on site coordinate was great also. So thanks again. We had such a great time and made so many amazing memories. Mahalo!

Sent on 02/17/2014

Kristin · Married on 11/20/2013

Vicki was such a blessing to us. We had to move our date up from December 8 to November 20. The wedding planner we had booked could not accommodate us. I contacted Vicki and she moved heaven and earth to make our wedding happen. And it was perfect! Valerie, the onsite coordinator was fantastic also. We couldn't have asked for better service. Thank you so much for making our day perfect!!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Serena · Married on 10/09/2013

Dolphin Dream Weddings AKA Love Maui Weddings did an absolutely exceptional job with my wedding!!! The ceremony was perfect and the dinner was delicious!!! I wish there were enough words to say how very pleased my family and I were with everything. We loved Ernest, he was so funny and helped us relax and enjoy our special moment. My family keeps talking about how great he was! :) Leslie did a fine job as well. Very nice and helpful and she represented the company very well. The ceremony space was just as I dreamed it would look and I loved, loved, loved my flowers!!! I was very specific about my flowers and they were exactly what I wanted. Our photographer, Ceasar took some beautiful pictures that I will cherish forever. Dukes Beach House is where we had our wedding dinner and it was awesome too. The food was fantastic and the view was gorgeous!!

I'm so glad my wedding day went smoothly and everything turned out exactly the way I planned. Dolphin Dream Weddings (Love Maui Weddings) made my special day a truly memorable one :)

Sent on 01/09/2014

Vickie Jackson and her wonderful staff at Dolphin Dream Weddings helped us plan our son's small wedding at Kapalua Bay on Maui, Hawaii. The attention to detail and Vickie's kindness in answering any questions we had during the process was so incredible that we felt as though we had the same kind consideration as someone hosting a large wedding would expect to receive. We live in Washington state, and our son and his (now) wife live in Mississippi, so we were planning and trying to coordinate plans from quite a distance apart. Vickie made this easy thru multiple phone conversations and making sure we all were on the same page with sending us all duplicate emails. The planning was seamless with Vickie's help, and her staff, the hair/makeup stylist, the limo driver, the minister, the photograper on the day of the wedding were all superb too. I wish other companies I deal with would have the same high quality customer service. I would recommend Vickie Jackson and Dolphin Dream Weddings to anyone. This wedding was one of the best days of my life. I promise with Vickie's planning for your wedding -- you will have a spectacular event too!
    Sincerely -- Irma, Lake Stevens, Washington

Sent on 10/02/2013

Lori · Married on 08/06/2013

My husband and I celebrated our 25th Anniversary on 8/6/13. It has always been my dream to renew our wedding vows on the beach and we fulfilled that dream by renewing our vows in Maui. Having never been to Maui, I had no idea where to begin to plan the ceremony. Vicki had been recommended to me and I can't say enough good things about her and her team. She really took the time to listen and was so responsive with every question I had. I loved the fact that she provided cost effective options (such as being able to have somone take pictures with your own camera) and never missed a detail. I wanted to utilize a Hawaain Minister and have our 2 kids (18 and 15 years old) be a part of the cermony as well. Pastor Ernest Pua'a performed the most beautiful and memorable ceremony. Kapalua Bay was gorgeuous and the sunset was breathtaking. It was definitely an evening we will never forget and I have Vicki and her team to thank for that.

I would highly recommend Dolphin Dream Weddings. They don't miss a beat, are very honest, do not try and sell you the most expensive package, are very compasionate and go above and beyond to ensure a memorable experience!

Lori and Bob from Nazareth, PA

Sent on 08/30/2013

Jennifer W. · Married on 07/20/2013

Vickie Jackson professionally responded with EXACTLY what we requested and remained within our budget for our recent vow renewal ceremony! Kapalua Bay provided the perfect setting, just as she described in her emails. Leslie Chen’s very welcoming personality, and her keen attention to detail on the day of the event, helped us to settle into the perfect spot on the beach as we celebrated our 20th anniversary with a small vow renewal ceremony that included 5 members of our family.

We truly appreciated Vickie's expert recommendations since we had not visited Maui in nearly 20 years during our initial ceremony at the beautiful Keawala'I Church in Makena. While we wanted to return to the Makena area for our vow renewals, it was a bit too pricey, so we stayed in Kaanapali. However, we did enjoy the church service in Makena with our family on Sunday.

You will not go wrong with Vickie and her team.

Sent on 07/30/2013

Thomas · Married on 06/19/2013

We actually worked with Vickie on my parents' vow renewal ceremony. Vickie was fantastic to work with - very professional, responsive, and worked with us on our special requests. We had a beautiful ceremony on Kapalua Bay with a Hawaiian minister and a photographer. The ceremony was beautiful - Sunset in the background, waves on the shore, palm trees framing the event. I would highly recommend using Dolphin Dream Weddings to all of my family and friends. And make sure to ask for Frank for your photographer. His pictures were the perfect combination of emotion, elegance, scenery, lighting, and fun!

Respectfully submitted... Thomas.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Sharon · Married on 05/03/2013

Dear Vickie,
    Our ceremony was so special for all of us. Kapaulua Bay Beach is beautiful and a perfect place for us to celebrate our 50th anniversary and renew our vows.
    Our minister was awesome! His words were beautiful and so meaningful and heart felt. We felt he really cared for us.
    It was a time we will cherish and never forget!
    Thank you very much for all your planning to make things easy and beautiful for us and so very special. You are great! Sincerely, Sharon and Jerry Barrow

Sent on 05/13/2013

Daune · Married on 03/24/2013

My Wife and I were on a 7 day trip to Maui, On the 2nd to the last day we came across A beach wedding going on and I could see that look in my wife's eyes... (any man who truly loves his wife knows what I mean!) so when we got back to hotel I quickly Goggled last minute weddings on the beach? I found Dolphin Dream Weddings... Now you have to know it's 7:30 Saturday night.... I emailed Vickie and told her I wanted to renew our vows on the beach and I needed it to happen on Sunday evening at 5:00 PM (the next day) and that I wanted to be walking down the beach and make it seem like we stumbled on the whole thing that was for some one else! (then I would get down on my knee and ask her to remarry me!) she said I can make it happen! I told her we have been married for 15 years and together for 20 years and THIS HAS TO BE A SURPRISE. She had Kamuela a very seasoned Hawaiian minister meet us at a very private BEAUTIFUL beach as the sun was going down.... He showed up dressed in very old school Hawaiian attire horn for wedding beautiful hat beads and more.... and my wife just thought we were going for a stroll on the beach, so we walked to were he was and he pretended to be on the phone, we walked up to him I asked him if he knew where White Rock Beach was (HEHEHE) and my wife still has know idea.... as he started to answer and my wife is in awe of him I got down on one knee and SHE STARTED TO CRY... I said to her (with the waves in the background and the sun going down) Will you marry me again here on the beach with Kamuela as our guide! (thank god she said yes) THIS WAS THE BEST DAY EVER! Thanks to Vickie and Kamuela and Dolphin Dream Weddings!

Sent on 03/26/2013

Kaylee · Married on 03/08/2013

Vickie and Rick were awesome to work with! Our wedding was gorgeous and we had a great experience planning our destination wedding with dolphin dream weddings. We highly recommend Vickie for your planning needs!

Sent on 04/04/2013

Glenn · Married on 02/21/2013

We we're renewing our vows and we had some weather issues and they went out of their way to help us... offered to drive us to a different location or a change of date... they also use the BEST minister ever! (Ernest). I highly recommend Dolphin Dream Weddings and would use them again, no question!

Sent on 02/28/2013

Emily · Married on 01/28/2013

Our wedding was amazing! Even though it was a very intimate occasion, Vickie, made it beyond memorable. I didn't have to worry about anything buy making sure to show up and that was exactly what I needed when planning a destination wedding. Our pastor (Pastor Laki) was beyond memorable and we couldn't have felt more blessed to have him perform our ceremony, he was also flexible when we wanted to add our own spin to the vows :) If you are looking to plan a Hawaiian Beach wedding, I wouldn't look anywhere else than Dolphin Dreams. You will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 02/06/2013

justine · Married on 12/28/2012

Vickie and her staff are great to work with! I needed a wedding planner for our vow renewal on Maui and Dolphin Dream Weddings "ticked" all the boxes. I live in California, and I thought it was going to be difficult to plan our ceremony with the time differences, however, Vickie would promptly email or call me back. She recommended Kapalua Bay for our wedding site because it is close to our hotel in Kaanapali, and it was the perfect place! Dolphin Dream Weddings offers a vow renewal package that is priced just right. I was able to add-on flower leis (they were beautiful) for my children and a photographer, who took pictures with my camera. I was able to even request a Hawaiian ceremony. I am looking forward to use them again!

Sent on 12/31/2012

Carol · Married on 10/01/2012

Planning a wedding in Maui from CT and not seeing anything first hand (flowers, restaurant, location) was very stressful for me. But I have to say, everything my wedding planner chose was the BEST ~ the photographer Bruce Forester captured every emotion we had throughout the ceremony in his pictures, the minister performed our ceremony from his heart with deep meaning to his every word, the on-site coordinator Sandy pampered me from the minute I stepped out of the car to the minute I left, and the beach location was absolutely gorgeous! I worked with 2 wedding planners always getting the attention I needed. Rick was so patient in helping me chose my flowers which turned out to be absolutely BEAUTIFUL and Vickie's recommendation for our dinner reception of 'Fleetwoods on Front Street' was the GREATEST!! Fleetwood's event planner Jill was wonderful in helping me chose wines, appetizers, and the food for our buffet. Our guests were in awe when Mic appeared and played the drums! Our ‘Dream Wedding’ turned out better than I expected thanks to the team of Dolphin Dream Weddings!!! Mahalo (a million times)

Sent on 10/23/2012