Love Local Catering Reviews

Love Local Catering 6
Love Local Catering 7
  • Cecelia

Cecelia Gendron · Married on 06/22/2019

Simply the Best all Around!

I am so lucky to have found Love Local. They were everything I envisioned for the dining at my wedding. They plated beautifully, they valued locally grown foods, everything had a bit of comfort and health mixed in which is everything I value in a good food dish. They displayed their food like art. I loved everything they did and created. Their desserts are out of this world and they added a fun element for my guest by bringing in a crepe station!!

They truly went above and beyond on service and being inventive. On top of all that they were so amazing to work with and extremely kind. The food tasting they provided was intimate and comfortable for open feedback and conversation about the event to come. From what I have heard from friends about their food tasting my experience with Love Local was out of this world enjoyable. Nealy was patience, creative, and the best to communicate with!

My guests were raving about the fun and colorful apps, the farm to table vibes they brought, and how much they loved the desserts.

HIRE THEM NOW. They are too good to pass up.

Sent on 07/08/2019
    Love Local Catering 8
    Love Local Catering 9

Alyssa · Married on 06/16/2018

Absolute Perfection!! We loved everything about Love Local Catering for our wedding. Nealy was responsive, helpful, and professional in all of her correspondence. It was also so helpful that they provide all dishes and utensils in their services. The selection of food was spectacular, the drinks were amazing (great beer selection), and the service was impeccable. The food was a hit with all of our guests, they are still talking about the cocktail hour and dessert crepes!

Sent on 09/08/2018
    Love Local Catering 10
    Love Local Catering 11
    Love Local Catering 12
    Love Local Catering 13
    Love Local Catering 14
  • AlmostMrsMillick

Kelli · Married on 09/30/2017

Our guests were raving about the delicious food Have Your Cake Catering provided for our wedding! Coordinating with them was also a breeze, they graciously came out to the venue to help plan the reception set up. Their staff were also wonderful on the day of our wedding. I would recommend HYCC to anyone!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Alyssa · Married on 09/02/2017

Leah and her entire team at Have Your Cake were amazing! Leah was incredibly responsive and a dream to work with. Whenever we had another question—whether there could be wine service during dinner or whether they could plate our cake that a friend baked—if Leah could make it happen (she usually could!), she would. Not only are all the folks at Have Your Cake flexible, accessible, and accommodating, but the food is also DAMN good, and the entire crew served it all with a smile! And Leah even went out of her way to make sure my wife and I were able to try everything, tracking us down during the cocktail hour with a plate full of each and every passed appetizer. Leah and her crew really thought of everything. They were the most delightful folks to work with, and we wouldn't have changed anything.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Emily · Married on 06/24/2017

We would highly recommend Have Your Cake Catering (HYCC) for any event. Their meals are delicious, flavorful, and well crafted—whether they in the form of plated dinners, buffets, crepes, or desserts!

As Vermonters, we had always been a fan of The Skinny Pancake, and thought that HYCC would be a great way to experience Vermont cuisine during one of the most important days of our lives—our wedding! We chose to go with a more traditional menu (chicken and the seasonal beggars purse) as opposed to crepes so that we could go wild with our dessert menu: Cookies, brownies, and a delicious strawberry shortcake station! HYCC did not disappoint!

There were a few small hiccups along the way, which we believe may have been due to the fact that we began planning for our wedding two years in advance to ensure that we got our pick of vendors. Initially, we were denied a tasting opportunity entirely, but this changed after our wedding photographer reached out to his contact at HYCC. During our tasting, there was no vegetarian option available so we had to come back a second time to experience their food. That being said, once we came back for the next tasting, they had prepared the exact meal I wanted and made sure my needs were met, questions answered, and meals arrived quickly.

From that point on, we did not experience any other issues. Nealy and Leah came to our house to see the property and discuss options well in advance, gave their feedback on bar options, and gave us the room to decide how to proceed in a way that best fit our style and preferences. We appreciated that they were also friendly and accommodating, as opposed to pushy. It was like working with a trusted friend, which made us feel comfortable and in the right hands.

Sent on 07/02/2017

We had our reception right at the Skinny Pancake in Burlington and HYCC did an incredible job with the whole experience. We can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Caleb · Married on 11/12/2016

HYCC has a great menu and were very easy to work with!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Samantha · Married on 10/22/2016

All I can say is WOW! Have your Cake Catering was amazing every step of the way. Everyone was blown away by the food they provided. I personally will be dreaming about the mashed potatoes for months to come. I had such a great time working with them!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Taryn · Married on 10/08/2016

Have your cake catered our wedding a few weeks ago, and they did a wonderful job! They helped guide us through the whole stressful process, and came up with so many clever ideas for a our theme. They weren't the cheapest option available, but they were professional and nimble and worth every penny. The worked behind the scenes to make everything run smoothly. Most of our guests were from out of state, so we were so happy to show off Vermont's awesome local food and beer options.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Ross and Jill · Married on 10/01/2016

What a fantastic job HYCC did for our wedding reception. Amazing hor d'ourves that everyone was talking about and a great dinner. The butternut squash ravioli was a major winner, even with the people who do not like butternut squash. HYCC's set up of the tables was well beyond our expectations. They made everything extremely easy by being all inclusive providing not only the catering service but bar service, flatware, glassware and napkins as well. HYCC provided their own tables for the buffet line, linens for their tables as well as decor to dress up their tables. The catering staff was very professional throughout the evening and made sure everyone was well fed and the drinks topped. HYCC also provided brunch for the next morning which was very convenient. We highly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer and plan to use them in the future.

Sent on 10/15/2016

Anthea · Married on 09/17/2016

Do to a double-booking we were unable to have HYCC cater our wedding, but we were impressed with how they handled the situation and would have no qualms with recommending them to other couples based on the food at Skinny Pancake and the company's level of professionalism.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Shayna · Married on 09/03/2016

Have your cake catering will not only make all of the food at your wedding delicious, they will also make the day runs smoothly and without a hitch. They are super professional and are also really fun and great people to have at your wedding. Lauren Nealy is a very close friend of mine and I got to reap the benefits of her amazing skills. She is super creative and relaxed, all the while making sure that everybody on her staff is doing what they need to do. As far as I'm concerned there's no other catering company you should be considering to help make your wedding day as amazing as it can be. And take some time to get to know Lauren Nealy throughout your planning process she is one awesome gal

Sent on 10/18/2016

Hank · Married on 09/02/2016

Nealy was very informative and responded quickly to all inquiries and worked with me to get us everything we wanted. On-site, Leah and her team were amazing. They were very polite and friendly and the actual event catering went off incredibly smoothly considering how far out of the way we were. Which was another awesome benefit, Have Your Cake Catering traveled almost 2 hours outside of Burlington to us and delivered everything we asked for perfectly. The food was seasonal and delicious. The whole staff was professional and I'm pretty sure they left our kitchen cleaner than it was to begin with! Once we decided to go with Have Your Cake Catering I never had to worry again about the catering aspect of the wedding. We had a wonderful wedding and I would recommend Nealy and Leah and her team highly.

Sent on 01/10/2017

Cara · Married on 08/20/2016

HYCC was absolutely excellent! They catered our wedding picnic for all our guests (100+) outside in a park, and set up a really professional crepe making station with sides. Their display was beautiful, their staff super nice, and a bunch of our guests even commented on how they were so impressed that it didn't take too long to be served. Nealy was also great to interact with before the event and was super flexible and nice. Thanks so much HYCC!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Nancy · event on 08/05/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Have Your Cake Catering. My husband and I live in Virginia and our son lives - and got married - in Vermont. I was concerned that the distance would make planning a rehearsal party very challenging, but the minute that I met Lauren Nealy, my fears were put to rest! She is the best! She listened to me and was attentive to what my son wanted; she helped us to plan the perfect menu, with both food and beverage; she was creative in her presentation and tied everything in beautifully with what I was doing for decorations; she was very flexible when I needed to add additional guests the week of the event; and, she maintained a very pleasant and professional disposition through it all. Although I do not know the names of all of the staff members who helped with the event, every one of them was very pleasant and very helpful. You could tell that they knew just how important this special event was to me and the families involved, and they executed to perfection! I want to extend a great big THANK YOU to everyone involved. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who needs an event catered... you will not be disappointed! My mother was a caterer for almost 60 years, so I have watched and assisted the best. I appreciate Lauren Nealy and her crew more than words can adequately express! :-)

Sent on 08/09/2016

This vendor was wonderful. I simply can't say enough about the quality of service, helpfulness, professionalism, and attention to my needs throughout the entire process of planning, booking, billing, and the event itself. The food was delicious and available at many different price points for varying budgets. All communications before and after the event were exceptionally friendly, responsive, and helpful. All staff were able to anticipate our needs and the needs of our guests in a way that helped put us all at ease. I would enthusiastically recommend this caterer for any kind of event.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Craig · Married on 06/04/2016

Excellent job. Wonderful food. Terrific staff.

Sent on 04/18/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2016

Have Your Cake Catering was amazing from start to finish. Thank goodness we booked them early - I can only imagine how in demand they are! They were very responsive and helpful in planning the catering and bar services for our wedding in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. When we met Nealy and Leah (catering managers) at the group tasting, we knew immediately we were in good hands and they did not disappoint. Leah helped us make decisions along the way with the menu and bar choices and on the day of the wedding she was always ready with a plate of food for us (who actually gets to eat at their own wedding??). Leah and the staff of HYCC ran the event like a dream. And the food ... the food was absolutely delicious. Because of Leah, we were able to actually enjoy it and received only rave reviews from our guests. Quality, local, seasonal ingredients made for a fantastic spread and we couldn't have been more pleased. Thank you HYCC!!

Sent on 06/03/2016

Adrian · Married on 10/03/2015

As an event coordinator, they provided a great service in keeping the catering coordination flowing without any bumps throughout the reception. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Extremely flexible with building a menu that made sense for our tastes and small budget. Our guests were well fed and still rave about the food! Do yourself a favor and opt for rentals through HYCC as well. Responsiveness was top notch and I would recommend them for any couple in VT!

Sent on 01/09/2016

Very professional. I was looking for a Gluten Free cake, being recently diagnosed with Celiac. Have Your Cake was very flexible and easy to work with. The cake turned out beautiful and delicious!

Sent on 01/16/2016

Emily · Married on 08/29/2015

HYC did an outstanding job catering for our wedding reception. Nealy and Leah were exceptionally professional and well prepared for the event (and the food was delicious!)--but equally as important, they were a joy to collaborate with in the months leading up to our wedding. My partner and I recommend them to other revelers without hesitation.

Sent on 01/04/2017

tory · Married on 08/29/2015

HYCC did an absolutely amazing job catering our wedding. From our first meeting we knew we were in good hands. Nealy and her team are extremely professional and experienced and they weren't just caterers- they acted as event coordinators and made sure our whole day went smoothly. We literally did not have to worry about a thing the day of and knew it would be perfect.

Nealy worked with us over the course of several months to ensure we were getting exactly what we wanted- and we did. The food was delicious, everything looked beautiful, and the whole staff was a pleasure to have at our wedding. Did we mention how delicious the food was? :)

We HIGHLY recommend HYCC for your event- you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Eliza · Married on 08/15/2015

We were so happy with Have Your Cake Catering! Leading up to the wedding, the team was incredibly responsive, and helped us create the perfect menu for our guests. They had helpful suggestions and offered their honest opinions on what would work best for our vision. They made it completely painless to do our planning from another state, and the team always responded quickly and attentively to emails. On the day of the wedding, everything was perfect! The team was on time, ready to set up make our wedding dinner dreams come true! The staff was friendly, attentive, and made sure that all our our guests felt welcomed and comfortable. The food was delivered on schedule, and made the night flow perfectly. Their attention to us (the bride and groom) was wonderful, and they constantly made sure that we had what we wanted to eat and drink at all times. We will forever recommend Have Your Cake Catering! They played a huge role in making our wedding exactly what we wanted, and it was just so nice to have more happy people surrounding us who clearly enjoyed their jobs!

Sent on 01/06/2016