Love Junkies NYC Reviews

72 | New York, NY

72 Reviews for Love Junkies NYC

72 Love Junkies NYC Reviews

Lauren · Married on 10/10/2014

We knew that Music was going to be the most important piece of our wedding, and there was no question that Jon was the right DJ for us... my husband and I have very different taste in music, and jon was able to create a playlist for each chapter of the wedding (pre ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, after party) that perfectly suited us both! His unique blend of old school classics with mashups of modern hip hop/rock/Motown had everyone on the dance floor the entire night! We've been asked multiple times by friends for his contact information so they can book him for their weddings.. We are so grateful to Jon for creating the perfect vibe and making our wedding unforgettable..

Jon is the best! Everyone raved about the music at our wedding and we were dancing until well past the event ended. No one wanted to leave the dance floor.
    Throughout the planning process, Jon provided great ideas, was well-organized and very easy contact. He thought of so many little details that we would have overlooked if it weren't for his input. Also, he has a great disposition and was just so lovely to get to know. We were thrilled to have Jon as our DJ.

Anne · Married on 09/14/2014

Jon was a great DJ and really worked with us to figure out a direction for our reception music. My husband and I really have eclectic taste in music, but Jon was able to gauge our likes and dislikes and provide music that we, and our whole party, really liked and could groove to. Jon's playing style is effective, he doesn't let a song drag and he modifies to the mood of the crowd. He also accommodated a couple of special requests ahead of time and fit in some punjabi mc music, too, at the request of a bridesmaid. Everyone was telling us the music was awesome. Made for great photography shots too, you can easily tell people had a blast on the dance floor! I had also told Jon that our families, the older generation guests, will very likely not dance. However, the music was so good that all my aunts and uncles were dancing too! I really recommend Jon. He knows what he's doing and does it really well!

Elena · Married on 08/23/2014

Planning the music with Jon Oliver was the highlight of my wedding preparations. He and I had several conversations, despite me living overseas, in order to plan for the best dance party ever. He was so easy and flexible to work with, and we even traded ideas over Spotify as the date got closer. He listened and worked to incorporate all of my ideas while also bringing his significant experience and excellent taste into the planning process.

For the date of the wedding, Jon was on it. He came fully prepared, coordinated with my wedding planner in advance to make sure everything was set, and was super easy going. The ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all went off without a hitch. People danced all night, and everything was perfect.

I can't thank Jon enough for all of the work he put in to making our wedding the most fun possible. While I don't plan to getting married again any time soon (!!), I hope to find an excuse to work with him again.

THANK YOU JON!!!

Theresa · Married on 06/28/2014

When we were looking for our DJ we wanted someone who would appreciate our music preference and actually play it, and not just play the top 40 hits because they are popular. There is plenty of popular music out there that is not auto tuned. Our favorite aspect of Jon's style was that he brought actual vinyl records which we thought added a really special touch to the authenticity of the great music we wanted played. Our guests were dancing all night long and the songs were appreciated by all generations.

As far as Jon's professionalism, you can't get much better. He was easy to communicate with from beginning to end and he made sure he was well prepared going into the event. He gave us a music worksheet to fill out (and actually stuck to it!) and coordinated with our caterer in advance to make sure he had all the necessary set up ready to go. Night of, he was extremely prepared and I felt he read the room perfectly to keep the crowd on their feet.

Overall, if you really are particular about the type of music you want played, and are looking to avoid the cookie cutter DJ services out there, then Jon Oliver & Love Junkies is the place to go!

Karen · Married on 05/31/2014

Jon was the perfect wedding DJ — he knew exactly how to cater to our music tastes and was extremely professional to work with. He responded to emails quickly, was extremely organized and reliable, and made planning the wedding that much easier. All the wedding guests commented on how great the music was! Everyone danced all night long, and I would recommend Jon to anyone looking for an awesome wedding DJ!

Rebecca · Married on 05/18/2014

Jon was so great to work with through all aspects of wedding planning and on the day of our wedding! We met a couple times prior to the wedding day, including the week before, at our venue, to walk through how everything would play out. This was SO helpful and ensured that we were all on the same page (us, Jon, wedding planner, caterer, venue). Jon really wanted to get an idea of our style of music and what we did/didn't want played that night, which I really appreciated. On the day of our wedding, Jon arrived on time and without trouble (probably the only vendor that didn't have a problem finding our venue), and set up quickly without being noticed. We were so, so pleased with the music and Jon's run of show during our wedding. There was a great mix of genre's and Jon was able to read the crowd well and changed up songs as needed. Also, Jon worked really well with my wedding planner to make sure everything went exactly how we discussed in the days prior. Thanks to Jon, I had such a great time at my wedding and all of our guests did as well!

Emma · Married on 04/12/2014

I have nothing but good things to say about Love Junkies and owner, Jon Oliver. My husband and I knew right from the start that we wanted him to DJ our wedding after hearing him at our best friend's wedding last June. From first contact to last contact, Jon was a pleasure to work with. His style was similar to ours, so this helped make for a seamless music collection. We discussed music selection and "must plays" a couple of months prior. It was so cool to hear the songs we chose amongst all of the wedding chaos. Not only did Jon follow through with what we discussed, but the timing of each song was perfect. He started off with music more suited towards our older crowd, but still familiar and upbeat songs that my friends and young crowd could dance to. Later on in the night, Jon played 90's music and more recent pop. Jon edited songs that needed to be shortened perfectly and faded out music at appropraite times. Jon also catered to the mood of the crowd. We were lucky to have a full dance floor all night, which made for an awesome party.

If I could do it all over again, I would chose Love Junkies every time. If you give Jon an idea of what you want, trust him to do his job. No need to control every detail with this guy. He's a pro and has true talent. Highly, highly, highly, recommended.

Marc · Married on 02/15/2014

Here's what you need to know about Jon:
    - He played exactly the music we requested and didn't play any "do-not-plays",
    - He played at the perfect volume (not too loud to talk but loud enough to want to dance)
    - He "read the room" perfectly and always played music that fit the mood of the party,
    - He only made announcements at our request and otherwise avoided the microphone,
    - His setup was tasteful and clean with no gaudy lights or self-promoting,
    - He emailed with us before the wedding to get every detail correct,
    - He worked with the people at the wedding venue weeks in advance to integrate with their AV system,
    - He collaborated with us well, making suggestions we didn't think of, and gently pointing out things that wouldn't work well.

Jon's combination of smarts and Zen calm are perfect for dealing with a stressed-out couple planning a wedding. His professionalism and confidence set us at ease and freed us up to worry about other details.

Everyone had an amazing time dancing the night away, in large part because Jon was so fantastic. Many of our friends went out of their way to tell us how awesome he was.

We can't recommend him highly enough!

Jorge · Married on 10/26/2013

Jon was fantastic to work with. He was always willing to talk to us about our specific needs. He worked with a venue that was at times challenging, but was always willing to work around any logistical issues. He was promptly on time for our walkthrough and even rode a cool motorcycle to get there. On top of the logistical, the man has good taste. He was working with a half puerto rican/half West Virginian group and people were dancing from the first song. Plus, he played everything we asked him to. Hire the man.

Ryley · Married on 09/07/2013

We are so grateful that we found Jon for our wedding, I can't imagine anyone else filling his shoes. When we started looking for a wedding DJ, the only thing we knew for sure was that we didn't want a "wedding DJ." Jon really took the time to work with us to reach an understanding of what we were hoping for and then delivered in spades. He tracked down and mixed a pretty uncommon song for our first dance on request and was a total pro on our wedding day. Though we had asked him not to make any introductions at the reception, we changed our minds at the last minute and he simply took the cues from the reception staff and performed flawlessly. He got everyone moving right after dinner and nobody, grandparents included, took their seats for the rest of the night. He is a real music connoisseur and a master of reading the crowd. You will not regret hiring him.

Jenny · Married on 06/29/2013

Jon is amazing! I am still hearing rave reviews from my guests about how awesome the music was. Jon is super-organized,responsive, has amazing taste in music, and knows how to read a crowd! I wish I could hire him over and over again.

Marisa · Married on 06/22/2013

We had an amazing experience working with Jon. We met and spoke multiple times before our wedding and he was incredibly responsive and communicative. He is incredibly low-stress, which is a dream when you are planning a wedding. He gave us exactly the guidance we needed to have the perfect music. Jon played during our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Our guests were dancing the entire time, and so were we!

So many of our guests asked about him and now in fact, one couple we know and love are having him DJ their wedding, and a second recently asked for his info. Jon was an integral part of our wedding, and we have recommended him to our closest friends.

Matthew · Married on 06/15/2013

We felt beyond lucky to have had Jon help set the mood of our dream wedding via his music. Our guests started the questioning about the great music they were hearing as early as the cocktail hour!

Jon played all the music we wanted to hear and all the music we didn't know we wanted to hear until he played it!

Music is extremely important to both of us, and without Jon's presence at our wedding, it would not have been the memorable experience that it was. He played such great music that we were all so bummed out when we had run out of time! He is a truly a consummate professional.

I feel that I can say with certainty that you will be in good hands when you choose to have Jon as your DJ for whatever event you are planning!

I cannot recommend his services enough!

Ravi · Married on 05/26/2013

I have nothing but the highest praise for my experience dealing with Jon Oliver of Love Junkies. From the very start, my fiancee and I just felt a sense of confidence that he would be easy to work with and a talented DJ. He was always proactive, going to the venue on his own to check out the sound requirements, and offering to coordinate with other vendors, e.g. our band and wedding planner. He responded quickly to my emails and questions. And of course the music was terrific. I got a lot of more unusual choices from his website, and he provided a lot of guidance in trying to figure out what the crowd would appreciate. And he proved right - our guests loved the blend of soulful music and popular tunes. Hopefully we won't be hiring Jon for any more weddings of our own, but I look forward to seeing him DJ in the future. Thanks Jon!

Alison and Danny · Married on 05/10/2013

Jon was the consummate professional - he quickly responded to our questions, offered valuable insight into the process of picking music, and was very collaborative. We were married in Newport, RI and wanted to incorporate live recordings from the Newport Jazz Festival from the 50s in our dinner to coincide with our Vintage Newport theme. That was our only request. Jon accommodated that request and kept the dance floor full for the rest of the evening with his own selection of music. It was perfect - we couldn't have been happier with our choice in DJ and highly recommend Jon Oliver to others (be it those in NY or elsewhere as he traveled to RI for us).

Maureen · Married on 04/20/2013

I would highly recommend Love Junkies for a wedding DJ. Jon did a fantastic job and had a big, enthusiastic crowd up on the dance floor for the entire reception. I received many rave reviews from our guests. He played a great mixture of old school and contemporary songs and did a great job of reading the crowd to influence his playlist.

In addition, Jon was professional and responsive over email and was very open to our requests. Thanks Jon!

Teresa · Married on 10/27/2012

We wanted a DJ for our wedding who was not specifically a wedding DJ, which in our experience tended to play too much to a formula or was typically “cheesy”. So we identified someone, but they fell through 3 weeks before the wedding! We found Love Junkies and decided to reach out after reading their interview on the Martha Stewart Weddings website, which gave us a good sense of their personalities and approach. Erica met with us promptly and was very warm, positive, collaborative, professional, and organized. She walked us through the specific input she needed from us to understand what we wanted. Our venue also provided a challenge in that our ceremony, dinner, and reception were on separate floors and did not allow a lot of setup time on the day. She mic'ed the ceremony, did the sound check with the vocalist for our first dance, and did the music for the ceremony, dinner, and dancing, so it seemed she was in multiple places at once but made it all happen seamlessly. She also did some announcing during the dancing in a natural and comfortable way, not a cheesy-wedding-DJ way. We were so happy with the music and many of our guests made a point of telling us afterwards specifically how good the DJ was. She had a very personal touch when working with us, and it was obvious to us that she loves what she does. We feel so lucky to have been put in touch with Erica and highly recommend!

Natasha · Married on 10/05/2012

We feel so fortunate to have worked with Jon Oliver from Love Junkies! Jon listened closely to what we wanted and he has impeccable taste. He is a true music lover with an incredible collection. We wanted our wedding to have a 1920'3/1930's vintage vibe but also wanted contemporary soulful music for the dance floor. Jon balanced these things perfectly! He was on time, extremely professional, and is just a lovely person. We couldn't have been happier with his work! Our guests loved the music and everyone had a blast on the dance floor. If you want to avoid the cookie cutter, cheesy wedding DJ get in touch with Love Junkies! Thank you for your amazing work Jon!

Eden · Married on 05/03/2014

Jon Oliver of LoveJunkies is great! He welcomed us into his home for a face to face meeting to go over our musical preferences. He really made us feel comfortable in what can be a crazy time; he made sure that he understood what we wanted for the evening. We got so many compliments from our guests about Jon that night, and for many weeks to follow. Guests of all ages were on the floor ALL NIGHT!

Love Junkies NYC is amazing!!!! Jon Oliver DJ'd our wedding and we couldn't have asked for a better job. He played every song we requested, none that we hated, and segued from slow jams to party music seamlessly. He listened to every single request, and didn't interrupt the party to talk like DJs sometimes do. He also checked with me before playing songs that guests requested, which I really appreciated. I wish i could get married every year just to keep partying with Love Junkies!
    - Rosa, 6/1/13

robert · Married on 05/24/2015

3.5

Jon was an excellent DJ, and I could not recommend him highly enough. He was laid back (important during those stressful times), but exceptionally professional, and he was exceptionally careful in ensuring that he put together a play-list in line with our wishes. After the wedding a large number of the guests singled out the DJ as one of the highlights of the day (I guess the wedding speeches did not not quite hit the spot ), and, if I ever get married again, I would definitely go with him again! ;0)