49 Reviews for Love Is Sweet Events

Ceremony (1)
Reception (1)
Day-Of Coord. (1)
Timelines (1)

I hired Candace and Love is Sweet to handle the last two weeks leading up to my daughter's June 22nd wedding. My daughter and soon to be son in law had taken care of most of the details prior to our food tasting in April at the venue. Adelmo Zarif at the Cicada Club, the wedding venue had suggested that I contact Candace to "run the show". Am I glad that he made the suggestion and even happier that I listened to him. This was the best money spent on the event! I am a stickler for details and so is Candace. She gave me so much piece of mind. I could actually be a guest at our daughter's wedding. She took the stress out of the weeks leading up to the wedding and on the day itself. She coordinated all the vendors and made sure that everything went smoothly and on time. She worked exceptionally well with our bakery, Pitchoun which made the French butter cream cake as well as 300 mini tarts. Thanks to her and her staff, the wedding was "uneventful." It was perfect! I am a person who is very hard to please, so if I say that she is terrific, she is.

Photo for Love Is Sweet Events Review - The cake on display
Photo for Love Is Sweet Events Review - A detail of our Art Deco cake
Photo for Love Is Sweet Events Review - 300 mini tarts since cake alone was not enough for us
Profile Picture Monica, 6/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

One of the most patient and brilliant coordinators I have ever interacted with. I was so nervous for my special day, and Candace was able to keep everything in flawless order. My husband (so nice to say it) was a bit of a pain, but she never once made us feel like we were an inconvenience. Love is Sweet Events is a treasure at heart and this shows in the service we received. Thanks for your wonderful insights and vision. My day was more memorable that I had ever imagined it would be. I will definitely be sharing my experience with others and highly recommend them. Top Notch!!

Profile Picture Suzanna, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Katherine was the day-of coordinator for our daughter's wedding. She was so organized and worked with us in the days and weeks before the wedding and then on the big day she was there for every detail. She made the wedding such a smooth, seamless and relaxing experience!

Profile Picture Margaret, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Katherine was my main coordinator throughout the months leading up to my wedding and she was always very responsive. I really liked that she took the extra step of coming to my house to pick up decorations and sitting with me to go over the schedule a week prior when I had only hired them to coordinate for the day of. They also provided additional decor for free and I really appreciated them going above and beyond with small gestures like that :)

On rehearsal day and the wedding day, Katherine, Candace, and Michelle were all there and I could tell they were working hard and cared for things to be perfect more than I did lol. Thanks for grabbing me all those drinks during the 2hr photo session w/ my guests!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Love is Sweet is amazing! From the minute that I met Candace I knew that I would be in good hands. She is warm, sweet, and knowledgeable. Her team is also great- and all of them were very responsive to questions throughout the entire planning process. The day of, they had everything under control-- setting everything up as I had envisioned. They also packed everything up so nicely at the end of the party- and in a flash! I definitely recommend having a coordinator for the month leading up to your wedding day and for the day of--- and Candace and Love is Sweet is the way to go! They are an incredible value and the fact that you are able to enjoy your wedding day without worrying about all of the details is priceless! Thank you so very much Love is Sweet!!!!

Profile Picture Yvette, 10/16/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines

Hiring Love is Sweet Event's day of coordination for wedding day is one of the best decisions I ever made. Katherine was the main coordinator and she is super sweet and nice. I've been doing most of the wedding planning myself as I like to be in control and arrange things on my own. But I know I will be crazy busy on the day of and I need someone to help me to execute the things I planned.

Kathrine was very organized and I had really good first impression of her during our consultation. I decided to hire her on the same day. She's easily accessible and responded to email, text, calls quickly. I had to make some last minute timeline changes and special requests and she was able to accommodate and made the changes quickly.

I had a rehearsal the day before my wedding day, Katherine and two assistant coordinators (Angela and Jennifer) all came and did the rehearsal in a few runs. It really helped us and wedding party to know the rundown on the day of.

On the big day, they arrived way before the vendors to start preparing for the setup. Jennifer also came by makeup studio I was at to check up on me. She was assisting me the whole time during wedding photo time.

By the time we done with photo and walked back the venue, I almost teared up when I saw the setup. Things were setup the way I envisioned if not better. No words can describe how happy and excited I was.

Everything went smoothly through out the night and I can't thank Katherine, Angela and Jennifer enough. After all the guests left and we are about to go home, all the items we need to take home have already been neatly packed and put in our car.

I highly recommend Love is Sweet Event if you want your special occasion to run smoothly and hassle free.

Profile Picture Chan, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
0.5

I hope you read this review because I need to tell people I was not happy with Candace service. It was a very STRESS FULL experience. the communicaton was never done in a timely manner ,i was not happy with her decisions and I was more hands on than she was . What was more disturbing was her security deposit amount. I should have walked away when the request was for 50% down. My event was for a Baby Shower and the total cost was for $1350.00, to make a long story short, i had to cancel the service after 3 weeks of service. I was not entitled for a refund nor was she willing to make a fair partial refund, due to how unhappy i was with her service.

So beware- DO NOT get involve with a business who does not care about customer service or how they preform. These two qualities is what makes a business SUCCESSFUL.

signed,
Unsatisfied customer,

Profile Picture Patricia, 9/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Candace and her team was great! They were professional, thoughtful and so easy to work with.

Profile Picture Heather, 9/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Being we had wished to infuse some of our Chinese traditions into our modern wedding taking place outdoors in Los Angeles Chinatown, we knew when we first met Candace Lam of Love Is Sweet Events, she was the wedding planner we wanted.

Candace and her talented team truly made our wedding the most amazing event. She is a true professional with endless energy, attention to detail, personal touches and creativity are what shrines through.

We will be forever grateful to have had her as our wedding planner.

Bill & Sue

Profile Picture Sue, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Candace at Love is Sweet Events is spectacular. I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding. I had absolutely nothing to worry about the week before and the day of my wedding because I trusted that Candace and her team would have everything sorted out, and they did! She and her team went above and beyond, and made the wedding day seamless from start to finish.
•Responsive and approachable: Candace made herself available via phone, text, email and always responded within 24 hours
•She has experience and put me at ease: Candace really knows her stuff. Anytime I had a question, she had the answer. Anytime I called her a tad stressed, she’d always say: “We’ll take care of you, don’t worry”. Her calm nature put me at ease every time.
•So organized and well prepared: For example, to prep for the wedding day, she provided each vendor with instructions and a shortened timeline customized for them. She reviewed all contracts and always caught something I missed.
•They know how to manage a huge wedding party: 10 bridesmaids and 7 groomsmen. Candace printed out a shortened timeline for the bridesmaids and groomsmen, as well as tips for them to keep in mind on the wedding day. The wedding party was so impressed!
•They go above and beyond: Candace went above and beyond in every way!
•Lots of integrity: I could the team 100%. On the wedding day, I was comfortable leaving them with about 20 envelopes filled with cash tips for our vendors.
•Extremely professional: Even our guests were noticing and commenting on how awesome our planning team was!
•So friendly! Candace is such a genuinely kind and friendly person. It’s so easy to get along with her. I felt so quickly as though we were friends.
I could not imagine having planned a wedding with them. THANK YOU Candace, Angela and Kathryn!!

Profile Picture Angele, 4/25/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Candace was my wedding planner and she did a great job. I'm a bit of a bridezilla and she handled it with class. I know I made some serious demands of her, but she handled it like a pro. She didn't get snippy at my micromanaging either, which scores her some huge points with me. She understood I wanted everything perfect and she just let me do my thing. She kept me from making a few really bad decisions. I'm thankful for her experience and every bride needs someone who's done a lot of weddings and knows what not to do.
She's an artist and she has a ton of creative genius. She really helped me together a lavish event. She did all the work. I just got to make fun decisions. I wasn't stressed out at all like the brides I see on TV. I think I almost didn't have enough to do, which is why I was a bit of a bridezilla. I kept adding stuff but Candace kept everything moving. I would tell anyone to pick her. She was worth it.

Profile Picture Lila, 3/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I really don't know where to start. I am honestly tearing up trying to write this. Let me start by saying this. Candace was my absolute rock through this entire process. It was a bit of a rocky road because I am pregnant and my situation isn't ideal. Candace was a wedding planner, counselor, family mediator, and more. She went way above and beyond and took a smaller budget and made my perfect day.
She was always available when I called her, or if I had to leave a message, she called back in a matter of minutes. She really helped me get my fiance (husband now :) ) involved when he was shying away from decisions. She really brought me out of a lot of funks I got myself in with all the hormones.
I honestly believe Candace was meant to do this. There are some people who have jobs, but this seems like a career for her. She loves it. Not only that, she loves making brides happy (me!). I had some pretty crazy demands and all of them on a smaller budget of course, but she found a way to accommodate me or bring me back to Earth. She was able to get all of my must haves and plenty of my like to haves. She pulled off a miracle and I am so grateful!

Profile Picture User4993520, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Impeccable service. The team was great from start to finish. I think every time I mentioned something they had already thought of it and often had a solution already. The team pays attention to detail. I mean down to every fork, napkin, etc. Everyone was complimenting me on how smooth everything went. I had to give props to my wedding planner(s). They offered us some really creative ways to save money which is much appreciated. While most wedding planners spend, spend, spend, I know for a fact these ladies called in a couple favors that saved me quite a bit of money. They understand that money saved will go toward our new life together. I am really glad I found them and would urge any bride who has the chance to use their services.

Profile Picture User4788986, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Love is Sweet Events was some of the best money spent on our wedding! Angela and Katherine did our day of coordination on our wedding day. Although we hired them as day-of coordinators, they began working far in advance. They helped us organize all of the information necessary for our wedding day, offered to run errands for the wedding, and worked with the reception venue wedding coordinator to gather vendor insurance information. On the day of the wedding, they made it so stress free for my husband and me. We didn't have to worry about anything because they were overseeing everything. I couldn't be happier with Love is Sweet Events and our fantastic coordinators Angela and Katherine!

Profile Picture User4178702, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Originally, I was going to plan my entire wedding myself. My family thought I was insane, but I was determined to do it. However, after only a couple of months of trying to plan, I got so overwhelmed and burnt out. I was confused on venue, food, flowers, etc. I knew I needed help.

I found Love is Sweet, and contacted them for help. The woman I originally spoke to was extremely kind, patient, and thorough with me. I explained to her exactly the type of wedding I had in mind, and the team got to work right away.

Pricing was extremely affordable; way cheaper than I expected from a full service event. They took care of everything for me, just asking for my opinion along the way. I got to actually be involved in the process, instead of having everything done for me.

My wedding day turned out to be picture perfect and beautiful, thanks to Love is Sweet. I really couldn't of asked for better service. Great company, and excellent people to work with. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Veronica, 11/7/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Candace and her team were absolutely amazing! I couldn't be happier with choosing Love is Sweet Events for my wedding planning team. Candace is extremely professional and super easy to work with. I trusted her from the moment I met her because I saw how on top of it she was and how professional and prepared she was during our very first meeting. It was also very evident to me how passionate she was about wedding planning. She provided me with tons of insight during the planning phase which made planning a lot easier on me. During the day of, Candace and her team managed everything so effortlessly. It allowed My husband and I to relax and fully enjoy our wedding day. Our wedding turned out to be above and beyond what we had ever expected! A million thanks to Love is Sweet Events!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Candace/Love is Sweet Events was the best money my husband and I spent for our wedding. From the first time my then-fiance and I contacted Candace, she's impressed me again and again with how organized, patient, and friendly she is. The first time we met, she showed us examples of the detailed timelines, venue layouts, and vendor contact lists we would get if we hired her as our wedding coordinator. It was clear she knew what she was doing, and we wouldn't have to worry about things falling through the cracks if we hired her. It was also clear from our first meeting that she loves what she does and loves working with couples, and that was the kind of person we wanted working on our wedding, so we decided to hire her.

Throughout the wedding planning process, Candace and her assistant Jennifer, were readily available to answer any and all questions, and offer advice or vendor recommendations, as needed. Our wedding venue was at a summer camp, which was a beautiful outdoor/indoor space, but was essentially a blank slate, and required that we rent and bring everything in, from tables and chair, to cups and silverware. Candace skillfully handled all the vendors, and with the help of her assistant Jennifer, sent vendor specific timelines to each of our vendors, so they would all be well-prepared for our wedding day and knew exactly when they were expected to arrive. She also was endlessly patient with our contact at our venue, who was a rather difficult person to deal with.

On the day of the wedding, having Candace and her team taking care of all the logistics allowed my husband and I to focus on the wedding day, and fully enjoy every moment of it, rather than worrying about setup at the venue, vendor deliveries, etc. If anything went wrong during the day, my husband and I knew nothing about it, which is exactly the way I wanted it. In short, if you're at all considering hiring a wedding coordinator, you can't do any better than Love Is Sweet Events!

Profile Picture Wendy, 9/20/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Candace and her team did an awesome job coordinating our wedding! The last thing we wanted to worry about was a stressful wedding day and they made sure it went very smoothly. We had a great time and received a lot of compliments from our guests on how punctual and smooth the wedding went. Candace was very detailed and organized from the beginning and was helpful throughout the entire process. She's super nice and very is easy to work with and has a lot of great ideas and suggestions for your wedding, especially if you are into DIY stuff. We definitely recommend Love is Sweet Events for wedding planning or coordination.

Profile Picture Gene, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I really could not say enough good things about this company. They take care of virtually everything, from start to finish. They really care about their clients, and want to ensure the best day possible. When you give them your price point, they make sure they work their hardest to stay within means. They helped us with everything - from venue to caterers to DJ to flower arrangements. They are so creative, they came up with so many ideas that we would of never thought of ourselves. Great people, thank you for making the day so wonderful.

Profile Picture Irene, 9/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I wanted a big, extravagant wedding and my (now) husband and I had the means, but the issue is, we didn't have the time. You have to be a very creative person to organize your own wedding correctly. Unfortunately, neither of us are organized and we live such hectic lives it is almost impossible to keep everything in order. We got an amazing package deal from this company, and allowed them to do literally everything. I was a bit of a bridezilla at times, but they handled me very well. Can't believe the level of patience that was given to me. I don't know how they do it, because I never would be able to. My wedding was beautiful, everything I dreamed of. None of it would of been possible if it wasn't for this event planner.

Profile Picture Maria, 8/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We live in the city, and my daughter wanted a beach wedding. We had no idea where to even begin with that, since were not too familiar with the beach towns. Love is Sweet Events took care of it all. They have an abundant amount of resources and really know their stuff. They got my daughter her dream venue in a beautiful beach/Victorian town. They even helped her pick out her dress. Nicest bunch of people I have ever met in my life, and they definitely don't overcharge. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Michael, 8/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Love is Sweet Events really helped save my wedding! I really was sure I would be able to handle all the preparations on my own. However, it got extremely daunting and I didn't know what to do. Trying to work full time and planning a wedding is somewhat impossible. I found Love is Sweet, called them and explained my circumstances, and they were more than happy to step in. What I liked most about them is, they stuck to my vision. The stuff I had already done, they left alone. Their packages are also extremely affordable; something that any bride can be appreciated of. My wedding went off without a hitch, and I am beyond grateful to them for that. Thank you!

Profile Picture Gina, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Candace and her team were beyond amazing! Candace and her team gave month-of coordination for our wedding and they were worth each penny. What I cherished the most about Candace was her trustworthiness. She positively had our best interest at heart. She was ALWAYS extremely proficient and took the time to answer any inquiries via phone or email. Our wedding was flawless on account of her! She even provided for us a gift at the end of the night.. so sweet!! HIGHLY recommend Candace and LoveIsSweetEvents.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Candace and her staff at Love is Sweet Events were THE best investment we made in planning our wedding! We hired her to coordinate our July 2014 wedding in Agoura Hills, and she really went above and beyond to make our day amazing. We are a very DIY-couple, and made many of our decorations and plans ourselves, but needed help to make everything come together and flow smoothly on the big day. Candace helped us find some of our vendors (Jessica Elizabeth photographers and Deefined Floral Designs were AMAZING finds!), kept us informed of what we should be doing and when, and was absolutely lovely to work with! Candace made sure everyone was where they needed to be on the big day, and that all of our decorations were set up the way we wanted them. She and her assistants even took the time to move the chairs for the ceremony into the arrangement I wanted when the venue told us that they couldn't do it unless we paid an extra $150. She and her staff were professional, reliable, and absolutely made a difference in making the day into the perfect experience we had been hoping for. If you aren't sure whether you want a wedding coordinator/wedding planner or are trying to choose among several, let me tell you, you will most definitely be happy if you choose Love is Sweet for your big day!

Profile Picture Faina, 7/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I hired Love is Sweets to work my daughters wedding. Anyone has ever planned a big wedding knows how much work it takes. Instead of stressing out over your big day, you should be able to enjoy it. That's the gift that I wanted to give to my daughter. This event planning service was one of the best around. They kept in constant contact with us around the clock, getting our final approval about everything. They were very patient, kind, and thoughtful. My daughter got so many compliments on her wedding day about how beautifully done everything was. Really superb service, would not hesitate to recommend them.

Profile Picture Karen, 7/10/14, 1 Review