Love Above Photography Reviews

6 | Elgin, IL

6 Reviews for Love Above Photography

Stephanie · Married on 06/23/2013

We used Love Above Photography for our wedding in June 2013 and our engagement photos in 2012. We were so happy with the way Mandy got to know us, and she really captured our relationship in both the engagement shoot and the wedding photos.

We opted to get the second shooter for our big day, because we really wanted to make sure we got EVERYTHING on camera, and I'm pretty sure we did. Tara (second shooter) was just as amazing as Mandy, and we were so impressed by both of their professionalism. They caught pretty much everything when it was happening (as far as we know, as it's only a week past and we haven't seen the final cut yet), and we never had a point where they had to say "wait do that again" :)

We had planned to have our portrait shots done immediately after the ceremony, but unfortunately Mother Nature stepped in, and Mandy and Tara had to speed it up A LOT. Mandy kept everyone in line while we were working on indoor options, and she found a great inside space for me and my husband to get our first shots as man and wife.

Would definitely recommend them to future brides!

Sent on 06/30/2013

As the cliché goes, your wedding day will fly by and be over before you know it. I could not believe the time had already passed when our DJ played our closing reception song, but I was able to re-live every moment of our special day from a variety of perspectives through Mandy's photos. Mandy captured EVERYTHING - the gorgeous venue, the details of the décor, the undercurrent of nervous energy and bittersweet emotions while getting ready, the adorable young children walking down the aisle, the support of our wedding party and family, the elegance of our truly perfect ceremony, the happiness of our first husband and wife photo shoot, the mildly embarrassing yet incredibly thoughtful wedding toasts, the pure joy of our first dance, every single guest in attendance, and the absolute celebratory atmosphere of the entire reception (conga line included). Every time I click through Mandy's 770 proofs from my wedding (unbelievable number of stunning images from which to find your favorites), I get to experience the best day of my life over and over again. My mom expressed the exact same sentiment when she looked through the album online. Mandy's photos bring you right back to the moment since she was right there capturing every nuance and blended right into the party. I actually feel that I am a bride again when I look through her photos - they take me to the place, the time, the sights, the sounds, and most importantly, the overwhelming feelings of having all of your dreams come true by marrying the love of your life with everyone important to you. Thank you so much, Mandy!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Katelyn · Married on 06/23/2012

Mandy was such a great photographer! She is professional without making you feel like you have to be stiff and posed during your engagement session and comes up with great ideas for natural poses. She definitely can do a wide range of styles and that makes it possible for her to capture exactly what you want as a couple. She was fantastic at our wedding, even staying later (extra points for flexibility!) because our DJ kept forgetting to do things like the garter toss, etc.

Sent on 08/09/2012

chely · Married on 09/04/2011

Mandy was the best vendor we worked with. She communicates very well and was early and very easy to work with. If our venue, DJ, and officiant provided the level of service she did, the wedding would have been a breeze. We love the modern and urban photography style that she used. It was perfect for us! We wish her the best and we love our photos!

Sent on 05/08/2012
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/03/2011

Mandy was great. She understood that we were having a very casual wedding and didn't want a lot of staged photos. She blended in with our guests and took great pictures. And she knew I wanted photos with our dog and those turned out great. It was fun going through the photos and remembering the day because you miss things while it is happening. We are very happy with the photos and how she worked during the wedding.

Sent on 02/04/2012

Love Above Photography's reply:

I loved being a part of your day and getting to meet the adorable Mojoe - I love bull terriers! Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Wendy!

Maria D · Married on 06/25/2011

Mandy was great! The pictures were perfect and professional. Mandy took customer service to a whole new level. I highly recommend Love Above Photography. She captured all the perfected moments.

Sent on 02/27/2012