LoughTide Beach Weddings Reviews

LoughTide Beach Weddings 4
LoughTide Beach Weddings 5
LoughTide Beach Weddings 6
LoughTide Beach Weddings 7

Mike and Sherry made our day more perfect that we had even imagined it. Their experience in planning beach weddings was apparent leading up to and on the day of the event. They were relaxed, knowledgeable, and very personable. I would highly recommend them to anybody planning their own beach wedding.

Sent on 09/06/2012

Rebecca · Married on 07/21/2012

Loughtide Beach Weddings made the entire process so easy! Mike and his wife, Shari are genuinely good people who make you laugh and smile no matter the situation. After booking with the one year before the actual day, I began to spread the word about them so that others could experience the less-stress way to plan a wedding! Thanks again for making that day so memorable!

Sent on 07/23/2012

Angi · Married on 07/16/2012

Absolutely would recommend this company. Mike and Sherry did a beautiful job of arranging every little detail. I purchased one of their packages, but wanted some minor changes. Mike gladly made these changes. They provided my bouquet of red roses, mini bouquets for my daughters, and the boutonnieres for my husband and son. The flowers were fresh cut and arranged beautifully. The wedding photographs were amazing.

Sent on 09/17/2012

adriana · Married on 07/06/2012

Mike and Sherri, you are the perfect couple for the perfect job. You guys did more than we expected on our special day. You made us feel so confortable and guide us all the way to the end of the ceremony. The decoration was beautiful and the set up phenomenal. You made our special day one of a kind, Thank you very very much.
    I would highly recommended them to anyone who wants a memorable, romantic and beautiful wedding!!!!

Sent on 07/07/2012

Michelle · Married on 06/16/2012

Mike, you and Sheri were wonderful, you two made our wedding day what we always dreamed of.. I would HIGHLY recommend your services to everyone looking to have a wedding in your area... Thank you guys for everything, I never panicked because If i needed anything, you both were a quick call away!!! Thanks again for everything and we will be back to visit with you both... not only were you our wedding planners, but me and Josh feel like we also gained great friends!!! Thanks again for all your help and making our wedding day so perfect, you guys are the best!!!

Michelle Reaux

Sent on 06/21/2012

Tamika · Married on 06/08/2012

Everything was perfect! Simply beautiful!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Christie · Married on 05/29/2012

Mike and Sherry Oliver ae simply the best.We contacted them to plan our wedding in Destin, Florida for a ceremony on the beach at sunset. I was apprehensive about having someone plan this literally over the phone as I live in Indiana. However, Mike was wonderful.He answered all my questions, made great suggestions and saw to it that our wedding was exactly what we wanted.We could not have chosen a better person to plan our wedding. Although I was over 700 miles away, I had no worries whatsoever about my wedding and how it was being planned. Everything was set up professionally and superbly. From the rose petals on the beach and the violinist to the restaurant for the wedding dinner to the limo service he contracted for us,everything was just perfect. Mike kept our wishes in mind but also made some wonderful suggestions to make it even better. We also had the opportunity to observe some other weddings on the beach during our stay. They were put on by other planners and I must say, without a doubt, none compared to our wedding!!! We had a small wedding, very intimate but very beautiful thanks to Mike and Sherry Oliver at Loughtide Weddings. I would very strongly recommend them to anyone to plan their very special day!!!

Sent on 06/01/2012

Julie · Married on 04/19/2012

LoughTide Beach Weddings is simply FABULOUS. They were extremely helpful and professional. They made the ceremony not only breathtakingly beautiful but so very intimate and special! A moment that I will never forget!! I would recommend there services to anyone planning a wedding or event in their area.

Sent on 04/26/2012
  • F

Kate · Married on 04/09/2012

Mike and Sheri were AMAZING! They were so friendly and helpful, especially working within our budget.

Sent on 04/12/2012

Tiffany · Married on 04/07/2012

I couldn't have asked for better services! Mike and Sherri Oliver are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet and they truly love what they do! They took so much of my stress, even though I didn't hire them until 3 months before my wedding. They took off with my ideas and presented us with things we never would have thought of. Sherri was especially great, taking me shopping and helping me with the decor. I was as involved as I wanted to be in every They went above and beyond the call to make my day perfect, and stress free. There is no price on that! They are, however, extremely affordable and will work with your budget. I highly recommend Loughtide Beach Weddings to any bride! They did an amazing, beautiful job and the day was just perfect!Truly a family run company with southern hospitality and professionalism- the whole package! Always pleasant and calm in demeanor and always with a smile. My only regret is that I didn't bring them on board sooner.

Sent on 05/07/2012

Tiffany · Married on 10/01/2011

Mike and Shari were super amazing! Jerome and I had a small wedding in Navarre just outside the condo we had rented and it was perfect! Though we planned the wedding from Baton Rouge, not once did I doubt him!! Mike was straight forward with any suggestions or questions I had. He was quick with returning calls. Very professional with the business but personal at the same time. The value was THE best! I will recommend LoughTide Beach Weddings to any and everyone forever!

Sent on 03/21/2012

Sarah · Married on 08/06/2011

WOW - that sums up how I feel about LoughTide Weddings. I used this vendor both as my wedding coordinator and my officiant. I was beyond thrilled. Mike and Shari are both so personable and professional at the same time. Mike handled coordination before the big day. He was very responsive and made me feel extremely comfortable. Shari handled the logistics the day of while Mike married us and then Mike put his coordinator hat back on. Mike's pace during the wedding ceremony was exceptional. My now-husband and I were emotional and he kept us calm. They will go out of their way to make you happy. You cannot go wrong with LoughTide Weddings! Hire them, and you will have a beautiful, smooth wedding!

Sent on 09/12/2011

Heather · Married on 07/19/2011

Mike and Shari were wonderful, super accommodating, and totally professional. My husband and I never had an actual wedding because I have no patience: weddings are so time consuming, expensive, and way too aggravating to have to plan. We therefore simply married (initially) at a Justice of the Peace. Pressure from family members afterwards spawned the idea of a simple ceremony while on our family trip to Florida. I found Mike and Shari's site on the internet during a random search, and loved what I saw (the video sold me because I could see an actual ceremony performed by the person with whom you will have planned your entire event - MIKE!) Mike PERSONIFIES "customer service". Mike absolutely bent over backwards to assist me, since I lived out of town and didn't know the area too well. He scouted locations for me, met with the banquet managers for me at Pompano Joe's (where we selected to have our after-ceremony dinner), took photos of Pompano Joe's for me, and negotiated all the loose ends and minute details that I don't otherwise have the patience to deal with (flowers, overall setup, parking situations....) Mike made sure to keep in VERY regular contact with me, and I can honestly say that our beach wedding went off without one single hitch. Their daughter, Michel, was a very patient photographer, and made sure that we were able to get all shots we wished for. This family is wonderful. The only thing that disappointed me about them was that they couldn't join us afterwards for a sit down dinner after all their hard work!! THANKS, MIKE, SHARI, AND MICHEL (sp?)!!!! We truly enjoyed our experience with you, and would most DEFINITELY recommend your impeccable services to anyone who is interested!! BEST WISHES TO YOU FOR A CONTINUOUSLY SUCCESSFUL FUTURE!! Sincerely, Heather and Igor Povsnar (Austin, TX) =)

Sent on 08/07/2011

Steve · Married on 06/20/2011

My family began looking for a wedding planner six months before our daughters June beach wedding. We contacted several coordinators and chose Mike and LoughTide because of the quick responses and willingness to explain our options. Initially we were nervous about planning a Florida beach wedding from Texas. However, Mike quickly put our apprehensions to rest. Mike made some terrific recommendations from wedding sites to reception site. LoughTide handled everything on our daughters special day from wedding preparations to reception site decorations and oversight of the entire days events.
    It was such a terrific day for everyone, even the parents of the daughter because Mike and Shari were so thorough in their planning and their obvious love for what they do.
    Without question LoughTide weddings is the best wedding planning service in Florida. Thanks to Mike and Shari our family will forever remember the beautiful wedding and reception in Navarre.

Sent on 06/30/2011

Josey · Married on 04/26/2011

Words cannot express how grateful my husband and I are to Mike Oliver and his wife Shari for making our wedding ceremony the most beautiful, meaningful moment of our lives. The experience was truly magical and surreal. He brings a sincerity and warmth to the ceremony that I can't describe. His heart is in every word, It's obviously not "just another day at work" for him. Mike genuinely shares in the joy of the bride and groom. He is an intrinsically good man and I will always be grateful to him for making our wedding so magical.

From a business and planning perspective, he is a rare find as well. Many wedding coordinators try to nickel and dime couples and price gouge them. It was so refreshing to deal with someone so honest and fair minded. He is a man of integrity and that can be hard to find in the wedding industry. He and his wife are people you can count on and trust. I can't sing their praises enough.

Please choose Mike Oliver and Lough Tide Florida Beach Weddings for your ceremony. They will make your wedding special and beautiful!!

www.loughtidebeachweddings.com

Sincerely,

Dave and Josey

Sent on 05/03/2011

Bryan · Married on 02/18/2011

Lough Tide Beach Weddings made our wedding an experience of a life time. They cover every detail and take all the stress away so you can focus on the actual ceremony itself. Mike Oliver and his wife are incredible people and their passion for their work is apparent from the first time you speak with them on the phone until you say "I do"- Michele , his daughter is a rising star as a photographer also- We are endeared to the Oliver Family for Life.

Sincerely,

Bryan and Whitney Hill

Sent on 04/30/2011

Galina & Manfred · Married on 09/11/2010

Thank you so much to Mike & Shari (& staff)! You are super to work with!!! The ceremony was lovely! Couldn’t have asked for a better one!!! We planned the wedding from Canada, Mike responded to every email promptly! He spent a lot of time talking to us making the ceremony exactly how we wanted He provided sand and an etched glass vase for our ceremony that we'll cherish The sand ceremony was very beautiful !!! He arrived an hour early to set up, and never rushed us. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding consulter, day coordinator or officiant. I would recommend him to anyone. I know he will make your wedding day special too !!! Thank you again for making our special day amazing! (Galina & Manfred)

Sent on 02/05/2011

Thank you to Mike oliver and his staff for providing our wedding planning needs to ensure my daughter had a beautiful beach wedding at Seaside! Thank you for always getting back to me promptly!

Sent on 05/13/2016

I really enjoyed working with Lough TIde. They made my wedding look gorgeous. I communicated with them through email but it was a little long to get replies.

Sent on 12/08/2014

Jonathan · Married on 08/09/2016

When I first read all the great reviews concerning the experiences that other couples had with Mike I was still skeptical about whether it could be true. My now wife and I or any of the family except for my sister in law had ever been to Navarre which she highly suggested. We were looking to have a small destination wedding to reduce the high cost and unnecessary stress that a wedding of 600 attendees would bring had we had it at her families house. So for 3 months leading up to the wedding we were getting negative comments from the immediate family... that it was going to be blistering hot in August, travel would be a pain, the sand would burn your feet and not to mention hurricanes and natural disasters. Mike he quickly gave us confidence that he knew what he was doing and was amazing to work with. He advised us on the best beach location for the wedding, the best time of day, the reception and he made sure that the ceremony extras were included such as special music, memorial candle, etc. On our first meeting with Mike he immediately jumped into the bad news...bad weather was on its way and he had been watching the forecast which called for 70% chance of rain the evening of and 100% the day after. We ended up having the wedding on the beach as planned but the reception moved to the Best Western pavilion due to Mikes suggestion and generosity. It was absolutely beautiful. The rain held off until the the photos were complete and it did not rain at the pavilion. Mike was so generous and easy going that he made us feel at ease and as stress free as possible. In Sarasota Fl, we witnessed 3 other beach weddings but none of them compared to the beauty of Opal Beach. They had too many people on the beach in the background and further away from the water. A destination wedding to Opal beach is where I will always suggest to couples. The photos were amazing! The family loved the vaca and hope there next daughter has another wedding like it! We love you Mike!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Mike did a great job with my wedding and my reception. It was beautiful. He is such a nice man and easy to work with. When I started out, I had very few wedding ideas. Luckily, he had so many he pulled off a beautiful wedding and reception. He found my catering vendor, and found a photographer too. I would definitely recommend Lough Tide Beach Wedding to friends and family!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Kendra · Married on 05/17/2014

I would HIGHLY recommend Mike Oliver and his team for Wedding, or any other event. He made sure communication was frequent and clear, plus his wife really worked with me up close and personal to make sure every detail was absolutely perfect! They relieved alot of stress that I had planning a wedding in Florida from Texas.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Natalie · Married on 06/04/2013

Mike was so easy to work with, fulfilled all my requests.

Sent on 06/15/2013

Tamika · Married on 06/09/2012

Mike and his family were a joy to work with and he did a great job performing our wedding ceremony. I did a lot of shopping around and although most of the rental companies in the area have comparable prices, his was the lowest and the most honest/straight forward, which I really appreciated. Planning a wedding is hard enough without feeling like you're being taken advantage of! The actual wedding day could have been a confusing mess because the weather was quickly turning things into a disaster, but Mike and his team were calm and ready to make our contingency plan as special as possible. The wedding turned out beautifully in spite of the weather and we had a great time!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Amanda · Married on 03/24/2012

Mike Oliver is an outstanding wedding planner. He was so patient and helpful throughout the entire planning process. He and his wife went above and beyond at our wedding. They both made sure that everything went along as planned. I later found out they they stayed and helped clean up after the reception. They are both such sweet people. I highly recommened their service to anyone needing a wedding planner.

Sent on 04/09/2012