Lotus Creative Studios Reviews

Lotus Creative Studios 3
Lotus Creative Studios 4
  • Brandon

Brandon · Married on 06/19/2010

We were SO GRATEFUL to have such wonderful photography on one of the single most special days of our entire lives! Josh and his assistant were so gracious and made themselves available, from quick email responses in pre-wedding communications, to showing up early on THE Day in order to scope things out. Josh was amazingly courteous in that he asked me beforehand what I was looking for in a photo shoot - he didn't just assume what I would like, or try to push his own agenda; he placed himself entirely at my disposal. He stayed in very close contact during the weeks leading up to the wedding, keeping us informed on developments, cost, traveling arrangements, etc. Josh and his assistant even took care of their own overnight stay arrangements, keeping me from added stress - I was relieved that I didn't have to keep track of more people! The actual photo shoot wasn't one of those 'long, drawn-out' deals - Josh moved at a rapid, yet professional pace, allowing us to get to the reception on time! And the product? We were absolutely THRILLED about the quality and style of our pictures - the perfect memories for our perfect day! We HIGHLY recommend Lotus Creative Studios to anyone looking for the BEST in wedding photography!

Sent on 01/11/2013
  • Robert

Robert · Married on 03/13/2010

In making a decision for a photographer for our wedding (and we looked at many photographers), I thought of Joshua Spencer. The reason we choose him is because I have seen his work personally and that he takes amazing photos. Amanda and I were married in 2010 in Florida. Joshua was very professional and detailed when I called and talked about what would be included for certain packages, the contract, and the price. In all of those areas Joshua exceeded our expectations
    Months before the wedding, he talked to us over the phone on what we wanted for our pictures. When he arrived in Florida, he sat down with me and went over everything that was going on for the rehearsal, the order of ceremony, and the reception. The pictures we received from Joshua were simply outstanding!
    I highly recommend Lotus Creative Studios for any special occasion!

Sent on 01/11/2013

Jeremiah · Married on 01/05/2010

Josh did a fantastic job with our wedding back in January 2010! The whole process was stress-free, fun, and efficient. The atmosphere was relaxed, and he did a great job keeping things moving and making it a fun experience. The pictures came out beautifully, and I couldn't be happier with our choice!

I'd give my 100% recommendation to Lotus Creative Studios. Thanks again!

Sent on 01/24/2013
  • David

David · Married on 07/04/2009

Josh shot our engagement pictures as well as our wedding photos. We could not have been more happy with how the pictures turned out. Josh was friendly and professional, which resulted in natural smiles all around. We received the final edited pictures very soon after the wedding. We were so glad to get a CD with high quality originals so that we could use them for future printing. Very satisfied!

Sent on 01/24/2013

Audrey · Married on 06/20/2009

There are not words that adequately praise the work that Josh and Candace did for our wedding. The photos are AMAZING! They captured our day exactly as it was - perfectly imperfect. It rained on our wedding day, but Josh and Candace were still able to make our wedding photos look beyond fabulous. I love that they captured the silly moments as well as the serious moments that we had with our guests. These are photos that we will treasure for years to come and so will our families. Also FYI for the brides - Candace is who you want in the room with you before your ceremony. Her calm voice, kind words, and big smile helped me stay calm in the hour before the ceremony started which was HUGE! Candace and Josh were great to work with from the beginning to end of the wedding process. They were always available for questions, were very conscious of our budget and helped us make it stretch every inch. The turnaround time was incredible, and best of all they made sure our big day was captured beautifully. We will be using them again for anniversary pictures for sure!!!

Sent on 12/15/2014

We LOVE our wedding pictures, one of the best decisions we made on our wedding day was choosing LOTUS. I compared price and quality with photographers all over the North and South Carolina area and Lotus was by far the best quality for the price! Our families and guests have stated that these were the best wedding pictures overall that they have ever seen. We were very impressed with Candace, she and Collin were very professional, easy to work with and organized. Our wedding day went to so smoothly without any hiccups and part of this was due to Lotus! THANK YOU, would recommend to anyone in the NC and SC area as they are by far the best value and best quality of photography available.

Sent on 11/04/2015

Dallas · Married on 08/22/2014

We were so blessed to have found Lotus Creative Studios! We just happened to come across them during the last stretch of our search. Once we contacted them, Candace and Joshua "met" with us via Skype and assured us that we will be in great hands on our wedding day. To our surprise, they were right! We didn't worry one bit about the order of events, the special shots we requested, or whether or not everyone would be photographed with us. Candace pretty much led the way and insured that everyone knew who was being photographed and at what time... Joshua was a great instructor letting us know how to pose and capturing some great shots.

We absolutely LOVED our pictures. We also loved the PRICES! They are definitely a great value without sacrificing the quality of service and final product.

They are AWESOME!!!!! :)

Sent on 01/10/2015

Corrinne · Married on 07/19/2013

Lotus Creative Studios was recommended to me very highly by a good friend of mine. At first, I wasn't sure because he recommended it based on that they were his friends, and he had seen their work and thought I would like it. I decided to give them a shout out anyway and see what happens. Upon meeting Josh and Candace, my now husband and I just clicked with them, not only in personality, but they were both just really sweet and a lot of fun, especially Josh. They were able to keep within my budget and still produce beautiful photos that I now have and love and will be framing very soon. The reason I rated professionalism 4.5 is because of Josh's personality. A lot of fun and outgoing to boot, which is what I wanted and told him to be, but the rating is for those out there who want the not so fun boring photographers as a warning :) I report flexibility as 5 stars because they arrived 1 hour before when we had agreed (according to my wedding director and mother who were coordinating the wedding day) and as a result the day went smoothly, the day was beautiful and the pictures phenomenal and the flash-drive you receive the pictures on is extremely convenient. Overall is 4.9, but for my wedding and what I needed it's 5 stars all the way!

Sent on 10/26/2013

Brittney · Married on 05/27/2018

Joshua and Candace were wonderful! While Joshua shot our wedding pictures, Candace was such a joy to do most of the professional corespondence with. Joshua had such a great personality, and was able to capture many beautiful photos for us! We have so many favorites! We were so lucky to find them at this price point, and seem to be very genuine and sweet people. My only suggestion for future brides is to ensure to print out a copy of your requested photos as well, so you do not miss a few valuable family photos. Book this couple! You won’t regret it!

Sent on 06/19/2018
  • I

Irene · Married on 12/30/2016

Our wedding pictures are absolutely gorgeous! We would recommend Lotus Creative Studios to anyone seeking a great photographer for their wedding.

Candace and Joshua met with my mom and I multiple times to answer all our questions about how they operate and how the wedding day would go. She was confident and prepared for any and all situations, and there was never any question in our mind that they would be ultra-reliable. Their email responses were always extremely prompt and friendly. On the wedding day itself, they made us laugh and put us at ease, frequently asking for our feedback about how we wanted to stand, etc. They were extremely discreet the entire day and never pressured us time-wise. They got our pictures to us very promptly after the wedding.

Sent on 01/19/2017

Michelle · Married on 06/18/2011

My husband and I live in Greenville, SC but we got married in Denver Colorado in June of 2011. My mom and I met with Joshua a few months before the wedding to see if he would be able to fly out to Denver to do photography for our wedding. He agreed to make the trip. Not only did Joshua fly out to Denver for the wedding, he flew out a few days early and joined us as part of the wedding party. We did many things around Denver the week leading up to the wedding and Joshua came along and took many pictures and included them in the total wedding package. It is incredible to have all the memories of the events leading up to the wedding.
    I wanted our wedding pictures taken at a garden that was about 10 minutes from the church. Joshua went over to the garden area prior to the wedding day and figured out the best place to take the pictures.
    The wedding day was amazing. Joshua and I had already discussed each type of photo that I wanted so I just enjoyed myself. Joshua was very organized and was able to get all the photos completed at the garden quickly so we could be back at the church in time for the ceremony.
    The photos that Joshua took are incredible! There are so many of them too! It's amazing how much of the ceremony/reception he was able to capture.
    I really cannot recommend Joshua highly enough. He did a fantastic job for us and I've already mentioned him to friends that have gotten married recently. He was fun and his photos are great. I hope you choose him for your wedding photography! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/13/2013
  • Char

Charla · Married on 06/27/2009

3.8
      3.0
      2.0

Joshua Spencer runs his own photography business called Lotus Creative Studios. His work has creativity and he puts time into the final product. However, details that were agreed upon before the contract was signed were not included in the contract thus he "forgot" and was not responsible for the errors.

We had asked for a CD of all the wedding photos for an additional fee. He gave us the CD of only the 179 he touched-up and posted on his website. He deleted the rest of the pictures. Unfortunately, the picture of the bride/groom with my immediate family (which was on my shot list) was not among those 179 pictures. I am very disappointed in his decision to delete any of the hundreds of the pictures he took that day before we could review them.

In choosing any photographer, comb through every detail you can think of before signing a contract and be sure your contract includes those details important to you.

Sent on 01/05/2010