Lord Hill Farms Reviews

88 | Snohomish, WA

88 Reviews for Lord Hill Farms

Nicole · Married on 08/19/2017

Very pleased with our venue! It was gorgeous and great! Food is AMAZING! When you book this venue, you cannot bring in your own alcohol or food/catering.

Sent on 08/27/2017

Brianna · Married on 11/12/2016

The moment I drove down the drive way I knew I would love this place. The second I walked through the door, I knew it was My Venue! As I walked around the whole venue and asked if everything I saw was gonna be there for our special day, the answer was always yes! As it was with my now handsome husband, it was love at first site with Lord Hill Farms. They are so quick to get back to you when you have questions, and everyone that I worked with was extremely friendly and helpful. They had a complete answer to all questions as well, never leaving me second guessing! The menu options are amazing as was the selection for wines and ales. They were also helpful with some dietary needs! I am so happy with everything that Lord Hill Farms had to offer. There are no complaints from me, my husband, my family and everyone who attended! Thank you so much to the Team at Lord Hill Farms for making my whole day incredibly special right to the very end!!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Annemarie · Married on 06/24/2016

Lord Hill Farms was the perfect place to get married! The grounds are gorgeous and the staff is very helpful and ready to answer any questions that come up. I also rented French Creek Estates to get ready in beforehand and do not regret the beautiful pictures we were able to get of pre-wedding festivities.

Sent on 07/26/2016

Elise · Married on 11/29/2013

I just got married here on November 29th and have to say that everything was just perfect. The venue itself should be a selling point because it's GORGEOUS for both indoor and outdoor weddings but here are my biggest pro's (mine was indoors):

- I loved that the ceremony space was in the same building but a different space. There is a lovely loft upstairs with chandeliers and a giant window that made the ceremony feel very intimate and romantic then the reception hall downstairs. We had about 175 guests and we felt like we had plenty of room.

- I lived out of the state for most of my engagement so I had to do all my communications through email. The staff was FANTASTIC. Tracy, Lisa and Jaque were always quick to email me back and send pictures or answer any questions I had. I seriously emailed like 4 times a week so I really appreciated that.

- They were one of the only venues that I looked at that I would call "all inclusive". Your contract included a TWELVE (12), yes twelve hour rental, all the set up of chairs and tables, they did the food, the drinks, everything. The only thing was that if you want real glasses you have to rent those (or else you get plastic ones but that was better since people were out dancing with those and I didn't want broken glass). You can opt to bring in your own drinks if you want but they will refund whatever wine cases aren't open which is awesome.

- Food was FANTASTIC. All my guests loved everything. We had the winter salad, vegetables, chicken assaggio, and London broil. All really delicious.

I don't really have any con's but the only thing I wasn't SUPER stoked about:

- The bridal suite has no natural light which was difficult for pictures. It's a very small room (there were 7 of us and we were cramped). BUT Lord Hill Farms also owns French Creek Estates down the road so you could rent out that space if you really wanted to.

I would 100% recommend getting married here!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Katie · Married on 09/16/2012

As many have said, this venue is visually stunning. It is tucked back in Snohomish, WA. farm country with beautiful views of a sprawling meadow and the cascade mountains off in the distance. I had my wedding on a warm September evening, and it was flawless. The reception building is also stunning and the staff work hard to keep it updated with a rustic/elegant vibe. I had my wedding outside, but the indoor ceremony venue is equally wonderful and provides peace of mind for brides who are worried about the weather turning bad.

Leading up to the wedding, the staff answered all of my questions in a timely, professional, and friendly manner, and the in-house catering was delicious (many of my guests raved about the food afterwards). LHF isn't the cheapest venue on the block (my husband and I were working on a budget), but we felt that it was COMPLETELY worth the money since LHF takes care of so many little details that make the day a breeze, and they do it with class and professionalism. In short, we couldn't have been happier with our wedding venue and we would highly recommend Lord Hill Farms to any couple!

Sent on 11/17/2012

Terry · Married on 08/30/2015

The staff was very helpful, flexible, friendly and professional. We had to decide at the last minute whether the ceremony would be inside or outside due to weather. The staff made every attempt to help us make the right choice and we pulled it off successfully. The reception venue was set up perfectly and the outside grounds were manicured beautifully. The wedding was perfect! We were all so happy! I would highly reccomend this venue.

Sent on 09/07/2015

Courtney · Married on 08/30/2015

My husband and I got married on August 30, 2015. We were hopeful that our ceremony would be able to take place outside given the weather we were having this summer. The week of our wedding came around and the weekend called for rain. We were pretty bummed since this venue has an excellent outdoor space. We luckily had the option of using their indoor space as well. The day before our wedding there was a horrible rain storm but Sunday was still calling for some rain, but with sun breaks. The staff at Lord hill worked with us to set up both ceremony locations with the option to choose at the last minute. We lucked out and he sun came out for our ceremony and cocktail hour. We were so pleased with their help and confidence about keeping the ceremony outside. It made us feel at ease. They were very helpful and flexible with overall planning leading up to the wedding. We had a fabulous day and so many wonderful memories made. Our guest raved about the venue and the fun party we were able to provide. The food was delicious (we served salmon and chicken, buffet style) there was plenty for everyone.we were so pleased with their service and attention to all our vendors so that our day ran smoothly. Such a wonderful space!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Madonna · Married on 10/05/2013

Having conducted my Daughter's wedding at Lord Hill Farms early 2012, I was very pleased with the professionalism by LHFs and the inclusiveness of much of the coordination taken care of which after not planning a wedding for 25+years, I was thankful for all of the little details that I just plain overlooked. The guests just ravied how beautiful the Venue and how everything just came together so beautifully. To my surprise, eight months later I found myself looking for a Wedding venue and after looking at many different locations in the Puget Sound area, my fiance and I kept looking back at what LHFs had to offer and given my Daughter's permission to hold our wedding at LHFs, we jumped on securing a date which even almost a year in advance, we were surprised to find much of the summer months had already been reserved. We settled on the first weekend Saturday in October and now that all the planning and ceremony is officially over, we look back on how beautiful the day turned out to be, including the weather!! LHFs takes much of the stress out of the planning & coordination leading up to and during the days events (other than a 'Day of Coordinator'). Being that the weather was phenominal that Saturday which was the 'icing on the cake' so to speak allowing a outdoor ceremony, again many of our Guests couldn't say enough about how beautiful a venue and the catering presentation and bar service was exceptional! Although it may seem that LHFs is abit spendy, when you consider what the Venue has to offer in its location and beauty in the Snohomish Valley and inclusive of your Catering and coordinating your Bar Service as compared to other Wedding venues, you can't go wrong with LHFs.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Devon · Married on 03/24/2013

I absolutely loved the grounds of Lord Hill Farms and its vintage home, French Creek Manor. The bridesmaids had a delicious brunch in the adorable manor house on the property the morning of the wedding. That morning with my closest friends was so sweet! The Lord Hill barn is to die for with its rustic elegance. All our guests told us that we chose the most beautiful venue and had the greatest time celebrating with us at Lord Hill.

Sent on 05/21/2013

Sami · Married on 10/06/2017

I got married here in October 2017 and it was everything I could've imagined. We held our ceremony upstairs and our reception downstairs. We secured the venue about 9 months in advance of the wedding and the entire staff was such a pleasure to work with that entire time. They were super responsive on email and always very professional. There were no surprises or slips on the day of the wedding which is all you can ask for as a bride! The staff on the day of the wedding was amazing, specifically our bartender. Although it's a bit pricey, you will be happy with the value you receive and you will appreciate that the venue provides everything (linens, cutlery, chairs, etc.) so you're not running around the next day returning everything. My only regret is the lack of decor that I brought in. The venue is very large and could've used even more decor throughout, which is something I underestimated. We would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/26/2017

First of all, this is a BEAUTIFUL venue. I have received so many comments on how lovely the venue was, and also how lovely the grounds are. This place is a little pricey, although it's cheaper if you don't get married in the summer. You are required to use their catering, but the food was very, very good. I received many compliments on that too! Also, you can purchase/rent many decorations from them so that you have one less thing to go hunt down. Their staff during the planning and on the day of the wedding were very easy to work with. At one point during my reception when I went up to get a refill, the bartender asked me if they were doing a good job. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone.

Sent on 07/09/2012
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/17/2018

I don't have enough characters to rave about how amazing this venue is and talk about the few negative aspects of our experience so I will only discuss the negative, but know that everything else was beautiful and wonderful. When we booked this venue, we made it abundantly clear that the groom was allergic to nuts and that this was to be a no nut wedding. They wrote it all over our contract and we had spoken in person about it to both of the venue contacts. We decided to book our rehearsal dinner with them as well. The MOG was coordinating this effort and also made it very clear that the G was allergic to nuts. Unfortunately, at the rehearsal dinner, everyone's salads had almonds on them. The catering staff did not seem to be aware of the nut allergy and one of the venue contacts said that they must have not copied it over from the wedding catering notes. Now, this is a pretty bad mistake to make especially considering that the groom was not the only one in the room with a life threatening allergy to tree nuts. The fact that this note was not communicated with the catering staff is unacceptable, but on top of that, they should have had a separate rehearsal dinner note saying the same thing because the MOG specifically told them again that the groom was allergic to nuts. This leads me to the second negative thing which also has to do with poor communication between the venue and the catering staff. We asked all of our guests if they would prefer sparkling cider or champagne for their toasts so that we could make sure to have enough sparkling cider for everyone who wanted it. When they went to pour champagne for the toasts, they did not bring out the sparkling cider. My mom asked them for some and they said that we didn't pay for that or that they didn't have it (something along those lines). Luckily, my mom knew very well that we did order it (a lot of it) and that they should have it. They finally brought it out and hopefully everyone who wanted it got some.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/11/2016

Lord Hill Farms was a great experience! Beautiful views, good food, lots of areas for guests to hang out in, and everything went smoothly for our wedding day!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Kathy · Married on 07/22/2016

Read the small print before you sign on the dotted line.

Sent on 08/21/2016
  • Tierney & Tylor

Tierney T. · Married on 09/06/2015

I have not had my wedding yet, but was just able to do my tasting. Their food is amazing and they offer a large selection of food. They also have a very flexible and knowledgeable staff that are always quick to respond to emails with the thousands of questions that pop up along the way.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Stephen · Married on 11/09/2014

We thought this was a beautiful venue that had the advantages of having both the ceremony and reception in the same location, but different spaces allowing easy transition during our wedding. The venue itself is already in a picturesque setting and decorated simply and beautifully requiring little additional decoration. There was no problem accommodating the 290+ guests we had. The food was really good with plenty of wait staff available. The event staff was helpful and it was an easy process to choose our menu. We were extremely happy that we choose Lord Hill Farms as the site of our wedding and expect many more couples to enjoy the beautiful facilities in the future.

Sent on 11/25/2014

Michelle · Married on 12/20/2015

3.0

Lord Hill Farms is an absolutely beautiful venue and we are so glad we got married there! The staff are very professional and help to make your wedding planning process as easy as possible. We got so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was. It was perfect for a large winter wedding! The only two downsides are that they do have some strict guidelines about bringing in outside vendors/food, so if that is something that is important to you that may be an issue. We also didn't like that they throw away all the leftover food at the end of the night. Since we paid for it we would have like to either take it home or at least known that they were donating the leftovers. With that being said, we still highly recommend Lord Hill Farms for your wedding, it is a beautiful venue!!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/29/2009

OMG our food wast outstanding. I could not have asked for a better meal. We have the carved smoke turkey and it was moist and delicious!!!!! Overall we had a GREAT experience with Lord Hill Farms!!! Beautiful place!

Sent on 06/03/2009

3.5

This is a gorgeous venue no doubt! One of the main reasons I picked it was because I had the possibility to have an indoor ceremony or outdoor and a whole other space for the reception. Its Washington it can always rain. There were some things that I was trying to avoid paying for like removing painting on the wall. But when it came down to the actual day they were so good about being flexible and letting us do what we wanted. I was also really sick on my wedding day so they were able to help me get what I needed to feel better. The staff was so great on the day of our wedding!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Tina · Married on 09/20/2008

4.2

The place just looks romantic all year round. It rained on our wedding day so thank goodness we were planning on having the wedding indoors anyway. The staff worked really hard to get what we wanted and they made sure there were no "surprises" in the final price. Everyone loved it there and loved the food also. They didn't have a corking fee which was very nice! And we brought our own wine and beer which saved us a lot of money. The only negative feedback I have is they have wreaths decorated everywhere. And one huge one right above where we had the ceremony. They were not willing to take it down. But overall, they were wonderful! The nice thing...and the bad thing at the same time is they are out in the middle of nowhere. So you can be loud as you want and the scenery is beautiful, but guests left early because they all had a long drive back home to seattle.

Sent on 01/27/2010

Sarah · Married on 07/15/2011

4.2

Overall, we're very happy with our decision to have our wedding at Lord Hill. The venue is beautiful inside and out, the food was better than we expected (but a little pricey), and the staff are generally helpful and responsive.

Sent on 07/30/2011

Alicia · Married on 07/20/2007

2.5

We went to Lord Hill Farms at the last minute, after our venue cancelled on us. They were wonderful to work with, and did everything in their power to keep us in the same budget and menu we had with our previous venue. We used their French Creek Estate for our wedding and reception, and it was beautiful. The food was average, and did seem the most expensive part.

Sent on 05/13/2008

Samantha · Married on 09/12/2009

3.8
      3.0

Lord Hill Farms is BEAUTIFUL. Not only can you have a beautiful wedding inside, but outside as well. My fiance and i fell in move with this place right when we saw it. We wanted to find a place where we could have both the ceremony and the reception. You honestly dont have to do much decor downstairs because they have white lights year-round that make it look to elegant and romantic. Also they have their own catering service (that you have to use) and the food was AMAZING!!!! OMG!!!! I had so many people go back for seconds, thirds even fourths to get more food.
    The staff there are really nice as well. they want to make sure that your day turns out perfect.

Sent on 10/10/2009

Amanda · Married on 07/29/2006

3.6
      3.0

The venue is gorgeous and a has a great space for either indoor or outdoor ceremonies. Advice: it's good to have your own wedding coordinator to work with their staff to coordinate all the set-up and tear-down; be sure to be extra clear on what food you are ordering.
    On flexibility: after a few sessions of discussion and haggling they were finally willing to temporarily remove the "Christmas" wreaths from the walls during our Jewish reception. We were also able to move a lot of furniture as long as we returned it to its original location.
    Catering: the food was very good and nicely presented; the staff was even willing to coordinate the linens and decor with our wedding colors. We served the food buffet style. This venue was a good value for us because they allowed us to get a banquet permit and bring our own beer and wine, which reduces overall cost on alcohol. Their fee for a bartender and corkage was reasonable.

Sent on 08/24/2008
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/28/2008

3.4
      2.0
      3.5

Great all in one venue. Good food and a beautiful site. The only issue we had was the manger was great untill the day of my wedding and then was very rude? Not sure what was up with that ? Other than that my wedding was great!

Sent on 01/17/2012