Lora Reehling Photography Reviews

69 | Philadelphia, PA

69 Reviews for Lora Reehling Photography

Tom · Married on 05/17/2014

Lora Reehling Photography went above and beyond all expectations to do an amazing job with the photography of the wedding ceremony, formal and candid portraits, and reception. Lora really has an eye and a flare for creating amazing shots that I know we wouldn't have gotten with any other photographer. The pictures came out beautifully. I would recommend Lora without any reservations.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Megan · Married on 05/03/2014

We had always admired Lora Reehling Photography's work, so we were thrilled when Lora was available to shoot our wedding. Lora has an amazing eye, and is so incredibly talented. Plus she is super fun and energetic, which made the planning of our day with her, and the actual wedding day SO much easier. I have no idea how Lora keeps up her stamina, but she was amazing to have by our side on our wedding day. Lora kept us relaxed and laughing, and we were absolutely thrilled with the photographs. Lora even went out of our way to make sure that we had prints of our wedding at a celebration with friends a month later. Lora is someone that you would want to invite as a guest to your wedding if she wasn't already there anyway capturing all of your amazing moments.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Rachel · Married on 10/05/2013

Words cannot even begin to describe the many wonderful aspects of Lora Reehling - as a photographer and as a woman. As I sat down to write this, I chuckled, because it sounds like the start to a fairy tale. From the first time my eyes landed on some of Lora's photographs, I was in love. From the first time I talked to her, over the phone, I fell in love with her and knew, without a doubt in my mind, that she was the photographer for our wedding. Lora's personality of attention to detail and free spirit, mixes together to create not only beautiful pictures, but a sense of comfort for a couple wading through the emotions of wedding planning. She absolutely went above and beyond our every wish and dream for our engagement shoot and when we thought she went as far as she could go, she stretched even farther for our wedding day. Her creative, journalistic photography was exactly what we were looking for in a photographer. She created incredible traditional photos and added in her own zest to create beautiful modern photos, for the perfect blend. I could go on and on about this amazing woman and her amazing work, but I will complete this review by saying, you will never once question your decision to hire Lora and you will never once be disappointed in her performance and her work. I cannot wait to hire her again.

Sent on 11/07/2013

Hiring Lora to photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions I made throughout the planning process. Lora fit in so well; I felt like I had a long lost friend with us all day long. You know you have found someone special when your groomsmen notice how good your photographer is! I called her the ninja photographer. She was everywhere she needed to be to get the perfect shot in the most inconspicuous way. Lora laid on the ground in downtown Philly, she stood on seats on top of a moving double decker bus, and she very politely shooed tourists out of our shots. Lora even came to our rehearsal so she could meet all the important players before the wedding. On the day of the wedding, I could tell she had really checked out each area for our photographs and it made everything smoother.
    I loved that Lora took over control during our photo session and I didn’t have to do a thing except sit there and look pretty. She directed our driver to where we needed to go; I could literally relax and enjoy the ride with our bridal party. Everyone raved about Lora during the wedding and after. The pictures are absolutely beautiful and creative. Lora has so much natural talent, I feel very lucky to have found her.

Sent on 10/14/2013

We wanted Lora to photograph our wedding because we loved her bright, warm, people-centric style -- and she absolutely delivered! Beyond creating wonderful photos, she was organized & professional in our initial meetings and on the day of, able to make the most of our somewhat unconventional ceremony & layout, and put our entire family at ease (including my husband who was in the "I don't really feel like being in the spotlight... but I bet we'll enjoy having wedding photos to look back on, so yeah, let's hire a great photographer as long as they don't make me do awkward poses" camp). Would absolutely recommend Lora Reehling Photography.

Sent on 11/21/2013

Kreg · Married on 06/22/2013

Laura photographed my Daughter's wedding. She is simply the best I've ever seen photograph a wedding. She was a delight to have as part of the event. If there's a photographer that's more of "people person" than Lora, I haven't yet met them. She was completely engaged & brought both energy and ideas while carefully listening for and asking about "special shots" that she should be aware of. She gets my highest recommendation without hesitation.

Sent on 07/11/2013

It is extremely clear that Lora Reehling loves her job of sharing people’s stories through photography! Personable, passionate, likable, and energetic are just a few words that describe Lora. She also keeps the mood light and fun in the midst of a sometimes stressful event such as a wedding (she was a wonderful addition to our wedding day!). Lora’s excitement to both befriend her clients as well as provide an excellent service was apparent in from the beginning. She is professional and is prompt with communication, and her photos are artistic yet approachable. We were considering hiring a very inexperienced wedding photographer to save money, but we are so glad that we chose Lora instead! We would highly recommend Lora Reehling Photography to anyone looking for amazing photographs from a person who is in this business for truly the right reasons.

Sent on 09/11/2013

I was absolutely thrilled with my experience with Lora Reehling. She is extremely professional, but also very warm and personable. She took time to get to know me before my wedding, and I felt very comfortable with her on the day of the event. She captured the most wonderful moments. Our photos are not stiff and posed -- they really tell the story of our day, and I remember exactly how I was feeling at various moments as I look at the pictures. We were relaxed because she made us feel so comfortable. The pictures are just beautiful and full of feeling. I feel very fortunate to have found her, and I give her my highest recommendation. Terrific experience.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Stop your search right here and go with Lora!! She is an incredible photographer and an even better person. She will make you big event special and you will have the best possible photos to remember it by.

Lora did my sisters engagement shoot and wedding and we fell in love with her pictures. As soon as I got engaged I knew I would use Lora. She gave us an incredible engagement shoot in Philly and then traveled to the poconos for our wedding.

Guests raved all night about how friendly and accommodating the photographer was. And since I got my pictures back I have heard nothing but the best comments. I've been told "you have the wedding pictures that every girl dreams about". I can't agree more. Before the wedding I had been on Pinterest and created a board of photo ideas I liked. Lora then looked over the board and a week or so before the wedding she called and we discussed all the details and how she could incorporate the ideas I loved into my wedding

She is friendly and her pictures are amazing. We recommend her to all of our friends and I highly recommend her to you also!

Sent on 09/15/2013
  • User3087948 · event on: 02/16/2013

I can't say enough positive things about Lora's professionalism, presence, and skill. I hired her for a boudoir photo shoot, the images from which I gave my husband as an anniversary gift. Despite my insecurities and overall nerves, Lora was absolutely incredible and I felt completely comfortable and cared for throughout the process. It turned out to be one of the most amazing experiences and the final product is something I couldn't be more proud of. Artistic, elegant, and thoughtful. Simply put, Lora is an incredible talent and couldn't come more highly recommended.

Sent on 02/23/2013

Samantha · Married on 01/05/2013

Lora is an incredible photographer! I recommend her to all of my friends that are in need of professional photography services- whether it's an engagement shoot or the big wedding day, I trust her completely. She is a very sweet and fun person to work with, and her work is exceptional. She is very interested in your story, and in getting to know the couples and families she is working with. Her energy on the wedding day was perfect, and as I look back on that day, through the hundreds of photographs, it all looks even more beautiful and surreal than I remember. Thank you Lora!!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2012

My husband and I were not going to have a photographer at our wedding because we thought enough of our friends had good quality cameras so we would get all the photos we needed from that. Looking back, I can't imagine our day without Lora. She not only produced amazing photographs at our wedding AND engagement session (one of the most fun things I've ever done) but was just a calming presence on such a hectic day. We have recommended her to multiple friends and hope to use her services again in the future.

Sent on 02/02/2013

Dani · Married on 07/28/2012

Lora is not only an amazing and talented photographer, she is much more. She becomes your friend, she whole heartedly wants to learn your story so that she can capture the love between you and your Hubby-to-Be. Lora's enthusiasm and energy and love of her job really makes it easy to relax and get into the photos, they will never look posed because she will do everything in her power to make you laugh or smile. Lora is easy to work with and extremely responsive, she not only asks for and takes your suggestions, she is full of her own to make your big day run smoothly. Personally, it rained on my big day, but I cannot express what a wonderful job Lora did to make that a non-issue. She is like a ninja with the camera, and is an expert when it comes to teaching you 'the jumping shot'. I would recommend Lora with no hesitation to anyone looking for not only a wonderful photographer, but a new friend!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Kate · Married on 05/19/2012

Lora is a wonderful friend of mine I've known for several years now. We loved having her as our photographer for our wedding. She has great passion, energy, and spirit and will definitely add great charm to anyone's day, whether she's photographing it or not. She loves what she does and brings that energy to your day. I'd definitely use her again and recommend her to anyone who is looking for a photographer.

Sent on 09/26/2013
  • I

Anne · Married on 05/05/2012

We started planning our wedding late, less than a year before the big day. By the time we found vendors, we had only 7 or 8 months to get to know them and work with them to make our wedding perfect. By only our second time meeting with Lora, though, it felt like she had known us for years! She quickly picked up on our quirks and traits, gently coaxing us to relax in front of the camera while putting us at immediate ease with her laughter and bubbly personality. My husband and I have always been pretty camera-shy, but thanks to Lora we realized that hey, having your picture taken can actually be really fun!!

Lora is equally skilled at portraiture, still-life, and action shots. Our families insisted on formal, posed photographs at the church, and Lora was able to carry this out with her assistant quickly and professionally. Her shots at the reception were creative, personal, and captured both the emotional meaning of the event and the pure fun we were having!

In the end, every aspect of our day was perfect, and Lora only added to that through her energy, outgoing personality, and artistic eye. I was sad to say goodbye to her at the end of the night, but know I'll be calling her soon to capture whatever event life throws at us next!

Sent on 05/13/2012

Lora Reehling Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! It was such a wonderful day filled with wonderful people! You were both so easy to work with, and up for the ideas we had to creative some beautiful moments. Thank you for inviting me to be part of such an amazing day. I enjoyed every minute and I hope that as exciting events continue to happen, I might have the opportunity to be part of it again. :)

Kourtney · Married on 12/10/2011

From the moment we were connected with Lora, she took a sincere interest in who we are as a couple. Her questions were aimed at getting to know us, our personalities and our story.

In every interaction we had with Lora, the fact that she loves what she does was crystal clear. Loving what she does is probably a big part of what makes Lora a great photographer because she is motivated, dedicated [will climb any height or twist to any angle to get the shot her artistic eye sees], and just downright cheerful as she works.

At our wedding and reception, Lora shined with her vivacious personality, winning the hearts of all the guest with whom she interacted. She's flexible, creative, fun, and knows how to get a crowd to listen to her in a professional yet friendly way. I heard comment after comment about how great she was to work with and I couldn't agree more.

Lora added insight and suggestions to our photo plans, always taking into consideration who we are and what would be good for us. We decided to trust Lora, since she's the professional ;), and we're very glad we did. We are beyond pleased with the photos Lora shot of our wedding day and will be thankful "til death do us part" for her ability to capture those memories.

Sent on 03/19/2012

Lora was flat out amazing, and our wedding wouldn't have been as special without her. Her passion for her craft and enthusiasm permeated into us which made working with her so seamless. We were extremely happy with the product of her results, but more happy that she was so easy to work with. She has a knack for capturing every moment without obstructing it. You hardly notice she is there. She even sacrifices her personal safety at times, for instance, running into oncoming traffic to snap a few shots of us riding bicycles. I highly recommend her for any event. She is truly a gem!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Lora did a phenomenal job with our wedding photography. The photos that we got back looked so fantastic. She makes her photos reflect your personal wedding style. Our wedding style was classic and a bit on the traditional side, although I've seen pictures on her site of funkier wedding styles, too. When photographing all the guests at the wedding, she captured a lot of moments that we couldn't witness, and the photos are such a great record of our day, especially since we didn't hire a videographer. My advice in dealing with any wedding photographer would be to discuss well in advance how much time you want to budget for your bridal party and bride and groom photos, as well as the shots that you want to get. Lora takes the time to facilitate these conversations, and she has a great personality, which is so important too.

Sent on 11/13/2013

Adam · Married on 09/21/2013

We were very pleased with Lora's photography services for our wedding. She scouted out some fantastic locations to do our pictures, and her candid shots were excellent as well. She blended right into the whole event, and we've had a hard time narrowing down all of the great content we've received.

Sent on 03/06/2014