Lora Reehling Photography Reviews

69 | Philadelphia, PA

69 Reviews for Lora Reehling Photography

Annie · Married on 08/06/2016

Lora Reehling is one of the coolest, sweetest, most loving people that I know. When I was first getting started in wedding photography, I had the absolute privilege of assisting Lora. She is a very talented photographer, obviously. But its everything else she does that makes her truly one of a kind. She is an organizer, a dress holder, a pep talker, a drunk bridal party corall-er, a confidence booster, hand holder, hugger, joke teller, butt kicker and whatever else a bride may need. She has an infectiously positive personality, and she runs a wedding day like a boss. Being a good photographer is not enough to be a good wedding photographer. You have to be all these other things and more. Through my experience with Lora, I learned how to confidently run a wedding day, taking gorgeous images and keeping everyone happy. I really, truly owe my confidence and fearlessness to Lora's example. We have shot over 20 weddings together and become lifelong friends. She would be a great mentor for anyone, and I can't wait till she starts teaching workshops one day! #amazeballs

Sent on 09/01/2016

Rebecca · Married on 05/07/2016

Lora is AMAZING!! We are literally obsessed with her and she did an unbelievable job with both our engagement shoot and our wedding photos! We just got married 10 days ago and she is already sending us incredible shots:) Most importantly, Lora made us feel comfortable being ourselves throughout the entire process and captured some of those unexpected and in-the-moment shots that we will treasure for ever. She was right in the thick of the action during our entire wedding and made everyone around her feel at ease. We cannot say enough good things about her and would recommend her to absolutely anyone! She is spunky, thoughtful, and creative. We are so grateful that she was there for our special day.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Tappany · Married on 05/06/2016

OMG!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm just taking a break from honeymooning to say THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. Thank you for standing in the rain, thank you for trekking around in the mud, thank you for loaning me your raincoat (which I have and will return to you) thank you for being the best damn photographer we could have asked for!! Not only did we LOVE having you there to shoot our wedding, but we simply loved having you there. Tom also spoke very highly of Annie, talking about some photos that she took which were really cool, off the beaten path, and artistic. We couldn't have asked for someone better to capture the most beautiful day of our lives. Let's hang out ASAP!!

Lovelovelove

Sent on 05/11/2016

Charlotte · Married on 04/23/2016

This review is long overdue but booking Lora was hands down THE BEST decision we made for our wedding day, period. Photography was very important to me and my fiance so we must have talked with 8 or 9 photographers before meeting Lora. We both knew within 5 minutes of our first meeting that she was the perfect choice. She is incredibly friendly and easy to talk to, but at the same time is extremely professional and you can clearly tell she takes a lot of pride in her work. We decided to do an engagement shoot as well which was a total blast, Lora is so fun and passionate about getting the best shot that it totally put us at ease in front of the camera. On our wedding day it was like having a friend by our side, so many guest commented on how sweet was! Lora came up with so many creative shots and when I saw our photographs my only thought was WOW!! I'm sooooooo thrilled with Lora's work from start to finish and I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Melissa · Married on 11/14/2015

Lora was such a fun and energetic person to be around. I planned our wedding pretty much alone and was super overwhelmed with all the details and organizing of the actual day. We chose to get married on a fall evening (8pm start) and needed a photographer who was able to take great night shots. Lora did not disappoint! I absolutely love love love our photos! She helped me coordinate so much and did her best to keep us on track on our day ALL the while taking great shots! I don't know how she does it but I am so lucky to have found her.

Sent on 01/04/2017

Lora is the best! She really captured the joy, support, and love we felt at our wedding. She is so much fun to work with. I feel like I relive our wedding each time at look at her photos!

Sent on 12/21/2015

The pictures that Lora took for our wedding are absolutely stunning! We received 1,000 perfect, amazing, artistic photo's that captured our entire day, from beginning to end. Lora went to extremes to get the perfect shot.... Including standing on the top of a ladder to get a picture of all 175 guests together! She got the most challenging toddler to
    Smile, shot the most intimate moments without being in the way, and kept her energy going until the last song on the dance floor. The finished package was organized, professional, easy to
    Order prints, and brought only rave reviews from anyone that saw the pictures! We highly recommend Lora for any style of wedding... Conventional, unconventional, destination, she is up for the challenge. You will have a lifetime of perfect memories.

Sent on 12/26/2015

Megan · Married on 09/05/2015

You did such an amazing job on our wedding day words can't thank you enough. The minute we had our Skype call with you in January I knew we found THE PHOTOGRAPHER who would capture all our memories for us to share with family and friends for years to come. You & the team went OVER and beyond to make our wedding day the party of the decade! The amount of texts, emails, phone calls, & stories of You, Annie, & Dan that are being shared with Brenden (in the VERY short time we've been home mind you) is EXACTLY what Brenden and I hoped for when asking you to join our team to create this event. ( our wedding day) :) Lora, you gave me personally everything I needed, expected, & wanted to capture. I couldn't be more pleased with ALL you did to go over & beyond to capture us in the moment......Even if it meant running to catch the Spirit of Philly to grab the twilight shot, slipping an extra few bucks to the boat basin group to grab our water shots, biking all over center city the day before to scope out the red wall for our bridal party 'fun shot', knowing which skee ball to use at Spruce Park, swinging from the rafters to take the crowd surfing shot ( which I still can't figure out how that happened), staying to grab the Moshulu & Sparklers.... I can go on for hours & have with Brenden, trust me! Thank You Lora! Thank You for coming on board and being a HUGE part of our wedding day! The planning, scheduling, managing, phone calls, over planning, which in the end I think made the day easier then expected, was more then I could of hopped for! I wish every bride could experience what we had on the gorgeous day in September. You allowed myself & Brenden to enjoy every moment. You handled the crowd with such ease and direction it left people amazed at how calm things moved along & confused at how I could let go of that much control to truly enjoy myself. It was because of you Lora & I am truly grateful for EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Tai · Married on 08/07/2015

Lora is an unbelievable photographer! My husband and I chose to work with her for our wedding because we were so impressed with her photography from a friend's wedding. She was literally my first call once we were engaged!

I loved her attention to detail and lighting, but also how she captured the story of our celebration in photographs. Lora is amazing because her personality is as wonderful as her work. At both my friend's wedding and ours, it felt like she was a part of the celebration.

My husband and I had a private and casual ceremony, then a BBQ with family and friends. We really appreciated her help in planning a non-traditional event. It truly felt like she was a bit of a bridesmaid! She was very knowledgeable and helped us organize both days. She's incredibly enthusiastic and genuine in her excitement about her profession. I was ultimately so impressed by her ability to be assertive in helping us get the photographs we wanted, but somehow remain completely unobtrusive.

I had multiple friends and family approach me at our BBQ and request her contact information, or compliment us on what a great photographer/person she was. I highly recommend her for any event you are planning. You will be thankful you chose her!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Lisa · Married on 06/26/2015

My husband and I decided to elope. It was a special occasion that we wanted to be private, but we also wanted to share it with our friends and family.

I told Lora about our plans, and she helped us create a really special day and captured it beautifully! Her enthusiasm is unparalleled. She immediately shared our excitement. She contacted me to talk about vision--sharing her ideas, asking me mine, and letting me know that my (then future) husband and I were in charge--any suggestions she made we could take or leave--she wanted us to do what we wanted. I felt no pressure. Also, I had almost no vision of my own--I just wanted to capture beautiful photos of the two of us. Her ideas were welcomed and I loved them!

We had ample time to talk about what we did and didn't want, and when it came to the day of our elopement shoot, we felt like Lora went above and beyond. She was prepared, energized, and fully ready to devote herself to the task at hand. She was a pro at making us feel comfortable--I tend to freeze up when in front of a lens--and she knew exactly when to give gentle and clear directions. Her creative spirit never stops, and she's always present in the moment. Lora's a professional and she's adaptable, making adjustments as needing and scanning the environment to catch a potential shot that couldn't have been planned but shouldn't be missed.

The experience was great, and the product was incredible! The photos are stunning. The light, the color, everything was fantastic. A colleague emailed after seeing our photos and said they are "the most joyful wedding photos" they've ever seen. The emotions and the importance of the day were captured, all while we were able to feel like our own authentic selves.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Nicole · Married on 06/20/2015

Lora is an amazing photographer who truly listened to what I wanted on my big day! She is flexible, professional, and extremely personable. I would recommend Lora to any bride!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Ann M. · Married on 05/02/2015

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. Lora was like having our best friend take our pictures. She listened to what we wanted and was very flexible with us. Lora is amazing!

Sent on 07/24/2015

Christine · Married on 04/27/2015

Lora was our photographer for our engagement pictures this past April and will be our photographer for our wedding as well. My fiance and I had a BLAST working with Lora and enjoyed every minute of our engagement shoot! Lora is so fun, has a warm, welcoming smile, is very creative, has lots of energy, and instantly makes you feel comfortable which was important to us because we wanted to feel relaxed and make sure our pictures looked natural. Our engagement pictures turned out AMAZING and we receive so many compliments when friends and family see them! We can't wait to have Lora shoot our wedding and are 100% confident that our wedding day will be documented by gorgeous and creative pictures that we will treasure for years to come.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Dana · Married on 10/18/2014

Lora Reehling is a fun, passionate and creative photographer who instantly makes you feel comfortable with her and makes taking pictures a blast! We were drawn to Lora after seeing her blog where she took engagement pictures hiking with a couple. I love that she is will to be unconventional and is able to capture fun and intimate moments in a creative and artistic way. After speaking with her on the phone I knew that she would be a great match for me and my husband, Mike. Mike, who hates pictures, actually got excited about an engagement shoot after looking at her blog online! Things got even better when we met for our engagement shoot. She made us feel comfortable taking pictures and we had a lot of fun capturing a ton of phenomenal images hiking in a state park between both of our homes. It is easy to tell that Lora loves what she does. The wedding was a blast. I cannot wait to see our pictures. We love the preview picture! We had so much fun capturing pictures on the beach, in the dunes and on the boardwalk. Throughout the night she would grab Mike and I for sunset pictures or night time pictures. These moments were so special because Mike and I got to spend some time together, just the two of us - and Lora of course! Lora and her assistant Annie fit right into our group and got along great with our friends and family. We had a small wedding at a beach house and being surrounded by our closest friends and family only was a priority. I would definitely consider Lora a part of our family and am so happy that she was a part of our big day.

Sent on 11/16/2014

Sara · Married on 10/04/2014

It's hard to describe how grateful we are to have chosen Lora for our wedding photographer. She gave us the exact wedding coverage package that suited our needs, and spoke to us many times before the big day to ensure she nailed every detail. On the day of, she blended in seamlessly with our wedding and felt like a treasured member of our family and friends. She worked INCREDIBLY hard to get amazing, creative, thoughtful shots on a crazy weather day. When we got our pictures there were tears and laughs and so many smiles. We only wish she could have been with us as we looked through them, but she was certainly there in spirit!! She masterfully, thoughtfully, and lovingly captured every moment we would have wanted. If there was a rating system beyond 5 stars she would certainly get it.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Erica · Married on 09/28/2014

One of the most personable, friendly, joyous person we've met. Lora LIVES to shoot weddings and it shows, it really shows in her pictures. She meshes with the energy of your wedding, blends in, keeps your day on point, and surprises you later with pictures that make you relive your wedding. I'm serious about that last point. Go with Lora, relive your wedding months, years after.

Lora is the full package from start to finish - finish being whenever you're done ordering photos and albums from her long after the wedding. She is so much fun to work with. :D

Friends and family seeing our pictures:

"You could not have asked for better pictures."

"She made everyone so beautiful. I mean, I'm sure everyone was beautiful to begin with, but she made sure they were *always* beautiful in every single shot."

"It's literally so adorable and definitely seems to catch your personalities!! beautiful <3"

"This one looks like a shoot for a TV show." (wedding party portrait)

"OMG these pictures are awesome! It looks like everyone had an absolute blast...I was grinning like crazy looking at all of them."

She'll do portraits but her eye lies in photojournalism and that's really how you want your wedding. Our pictures are filled with smiles, laughter, dancing, and joy. Even those formal portraits you do for the older relatives. ;)

She's worth it. If there is anything you should spend money on for your wedding, it's your pictures. You will have those forever.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Laurel R. · Married on 09/27/2014

At the beginning of our engagement and throughout the whole planning process, Lora was a delight to work with. She has an infectious sunny nature and is so clearly enthusiastic about her work and her art. It really shows in her dedication. Her gorgeous photographic eye speaks for itself, but it really takes a certain kind of person to make people feel comfortable during a most emotional time. Lora made sure that our photo sessions were tailor-made to our personalitites and our life together. She paid attention to and honored our needs and boundaries. She was an active part of the wedding day, and captured/created so many memories. The photos speak volumes about our lives.

I will look at these photos every single day! There aren't too many good things to say about Lora. Fully recommend. :)

Sent on 12/27/2014

Cheryl · Married on 09/20/2014

Lora was perfect!!! I am not a glitzy camera on me at all times kind of girl and she respected me at all times. before the wedding she would constantly talk to me and help me through any issues.
    The day of the wedding she got every picture i could ever imagine and is quick with the turn around with the sneak peak! I would recommend in a heart beat!

Sent on 03/16/2015

Katie · Married on 09/13/2014

The task of finding a photographer for your wedding is not easy (at least it wasn’t for my fiancé and myself). It can be very overwhelming to try and navigate through who has a reasonable price, what your actually getting for your money, what type of style you are looking for and whether or not you could spend your whole wedding day with this person! Once my fiancé and myself met Lora in person over coffee, we knew that we had to have her shoot our wedding day.

She was extremely responsive during the months leading up to our wedding and always made us feel like a priority. On our wedding day, her and her assistant were amazing to work with and they made the picture taking process light and fun! They had their creative ideas prepared and were able to get the poses and pictures they wanted on schedule which means the wedding party could enjoy the process and not be thinking “how much longer will this take?!” the entire time!

We have since received our final photos and her work truly blew us away. We have received so many compliments on our pictures from all our friends and family and I can’t recommend her enough!

Lora is an extremely outgoing, creative, and inspired photographer who takes pride in her work and genuinely enjoys what she does and all of these qualities show in the photo’s she captures. The pictures she took on our wedding day truly told the story of our day, our love and our families and it is amazing to know we can go back and re-read that story through our photos for years and years to come.

Sent on 01/12/2015

Rachel · Married on 08/30/2014

From the second I met Lora, I knew she was going to be fantastic. She went above and beyond anything I could've ever imagined to give me and my husband the most amazing pictures, listening intently to what we wanted but also knowing when and how to put her expertise to perfect use! She is one of the most fun, sweet, and energetic individuals I've ever met. The moment she arrived the day of my wedding until just before she left the reception I don't think she stopped smiling! She was always available to answer questions and responded to every email/call/text right away. She was a great positive influence and was incredible to work with!! I would highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 09/18/2014

Amber · Married on 08/16/2014

Let me first say that I typically hate all pictures of myself. That makes it even more impressive to say that i completely LOVE the photos that Lora took at our wedding!

From the beginning, Lora was super responsive and fun to work with. We met with her twice prior to our wedding and already knew that we didn't have to worry about anything when it came to our photos. In fact, Lora even helped me with the timeline on our wedding day, and with prepping (e.g. makeup & hair advice) prior to our ceremony! Moreover, she has the best personality you could ask for for a wedding photographer - it was like we had another friend with us on our special day! She is laid back (important for nerves especially prior to a wedding), yet outgoing (interacting with our guests) and super fun (making sure to dance just a bit with the guests in between shots)!!!

But all of that aside, the photos really speak for themselves. We have a perfect mix of pictures of just my husband and I, photos with our family - both posed and spontaneous, and of the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception (and all of the guests). She scoped out some cool spots (cozy back streets, muraled walls, etc) prior to our wedding and so she knew right where to take us to get the most perfect shots. In fact, some of these shots are now among my favorite pictures ever taken of myself!!!

I would highly recommend Lora as a photographer, she was amazing at our wedding would be just as great for all other kinds of shoots/events.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Amber · Married on 08/16/2014

Sent on 10/30/2014

Daniel · Married on 08/02/2014

The most amazing photographer. Fantastic personality and was flexible with our request.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Patricia · Married on 07/19/2014

Lora was wonderful to work with and truly captured our special day beautifully. The pictures are amazing, even better than I expected and having seen her work before choosing her as the photographer I expected them to be great! Choosing Lora for our photographer was hands down one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. Being able to look through our photos and remember what a beautiful wedding day we had has been priceless. Lora, thanks again! :)

Sent on 09/25/2014
  • Valentina

Valentina · Married on 06/01/2014

Lora was amazing! She made us feel so good and special, she never stops and goes her way to get the best shots! She really is a devoted professional and she loves what she does! Can't wait to see the final product!

Sent on 06/10/2014