Look No Further Entertainment Reviews

109 Reviews for Look No Further Entertainment

Look No Further Entertainment 1
Look No Further Entertainment 2

Geoff · Married on 04/17/2010

All I can tell you is that we had the kind of wedding that people will remember attending for the rest of their lives and I think LNFE was one of the keys to success for the entire night.

First of all, music is very special to my wife and I, and we had some very particular requests (ok, so I made 122 song requests on a night when 75-80 would be played) and some of the songs were hard to find - yet LNFE hit it out of the park with 100% success. 100-percent.

I also requested that no person be allowed to submit a song request without the password, which was restricted to the groom/bride. Worked like a charm all night and LNFE just handled every thing we asked with ease and class.

Most important - there was just a beautiful sequence of transitioning the entire night, as we went from a number of ranging genres and it sounded so smooth and effortless. It could have easily have sounded forced and cluttered, but Ross was a magician all night and when it came time to get the entire 180-person wedding dancing on the dance floor, he kept a large semi-formal crowd jamming for a couple of hours. Check youtube. It's all there.

The bottom line is that for a 40K wedding, Look No Further was a stand alone highlight from the crowd of expenses - in terms of value and enjoyment. The proof is in the pudding - numerous people complimented LNFE throughout the night and one of the groomsmen booked him for his wedding later in the summer.

They get five-star rankings across the board from me only because there's not a six- or seven-star option.

Sent on 05/07/2010

Marianne · Married on 04/10/2010

I was so afraid, when initially searching for a DJ, that I would end up with someone cheesy who would blab all night on the microphone and play music we didn't want to hear. But when I read Ross and Laura's reviews on Wedding Wire and then checked out their website - it was DJ love at first sight. Even more so when we met in person to discuss a playlist - it was like I'd met my long lost Austin friends. I went back to my finace - sample mix tapes in hand, thrilled beyond belief. In fact, I think he got a little sick of me gushing about them. :)

Anyway, they were extremely professional, arrived in plenty of time to set up, looked great and had cool lighting equipment as a bonus. And the playlist - they played everything we asked, even the eclectic stuff, and what they added on their own was exactly in sync with our tastes. I said at one point, "I've never been to a wedding before where I liked every song." And I wasn't alone - the dance floor was packed the entire night.

And there were no cheesy DJ shout outs - when we did need them to make an annoucement, Laura would do so very nicely - no bad jokes or anything. :)

See, I'm gushing again. But seriously - no matter what your favorite genre of music, you won't go wrong with Look No Further Entertainment. I wish I could get married all over again - just to dance to another of Ross's sets.

Sent on 04/16/2010

Natalie · Married on 04/10/2010

LNFE was by far the best DJ I encountered in my search for a wedding DJ. He's a REAL DJ, not just some guy with an iPod and speakers. He DJs in downtown Austin on a regular basis, and is obviously very very good.
    At our wedding, everyone commented on how awesome the music/DJ was. I had never seen so many people dancing continuously at a wedding. It was really awesome. Even my 52 year old parents, and my 76 year old grandfather were dancing, and commenting on how great the party was.
    If you want an upbeat party, you want these guys.
    Professional, reasonably priced, excellent service. And, they listened to what types of music we wanted.
    Absolutely perfect.

Sent on 07/26/2010

Shawna · Married on 03/20/2010

Ross and Laura were the best!!! Our dance floor was packed the entire reception and everyone said they hadn't danced that much in years! They can play anything you could possibly imagine and even found an awesome acoustical version of Canon in D that I walked down the aisle to. Ross and Laura coordinated our ceremony music, provided mics for the pastor and guests during the toast, and the dinner and reception music were absolutely perfect! Even our wedding coordinator at Horseshoe Bay told me how well prepared and professional they were! Couldn't have asked for anything more, but oh wait, they also sent us a recording of all the music played at th wedding! Ross and Laura really made our wedding into a great party-- Thanks again you guys!

Sent on 04/20/2010
  • am5815

Abby · Married on 03/13/2010

I cannot say enough good things about these guys! They were always professional and so nice. I honestly don't think you would be able to find a better team to work your wedding if you tried.

When we were planning the wedding they always emailed me back either the same day or the next day. They also made me a time line of about how the wedding should break down which helped me a lot.

They really did listen to what we wanted and delivered. I got complemented several times on the music. All I did was tell them the generas we like and some of our favorite artists, they did the rest. Everybody (our bridal party, friends, family, family members that NEVER dance) was on the dance floor all night (I promise I am not exaggerating) thanks to them! They had a really great playlist that had everybody singing, dancing, jumping, and other craziness. It was such a blast of a reception and I know they had so much to do with that!

Defiantly worth more than every dollar we paid them!!

Sent on 03/21/2010

Veronica · Married on 01/16/2010

Ross and Laura of Look No Further were exactly what we were looking for in DJs. At first I just wanted to do an iPod reception, because all of the wedding DJs I’d seen and researched were cheesy and horrible. Once we met with these two, though, I knew we found people who got our taste in music. As soon as we started talking about the kind of music we wanted played – David Bowie, MGMT, Phoenix – they immediately began making suggestions that showed that they were personalizing it to us, not just working off a usual “wedding playlist.” And the reception music was a hit! Everyone kept complimenting us on the music and the dance floor was packed all night. I barely had a chance for a break, because with each song I just wanted to keep dancing! Afterwards, I saw friends chatting on Facebook about how we had ‘the best DJ ever!’

Most importantly, I found their services to be fair priced and both of them easy to work with. We filled out a detailed info and song recommendation sheet, and they took it from there. Laura called me the week of the wedding to go over details, and she handled everything during the big day! I cannot recommend Look No Further Entertainment enough.

Sent on 02/22/2010
  • <3Garrett

Kandace · Married on 01/02/2010

They did great!!! We met before the wedding and they got a feel for just what we wanted!! They were able to get any song that you want even if it was brand new. After the wedding they emailed up a sound track from our wedding!!

Sent on 01/19/2010

Melissa · Married on 12/20/2009

Ross and Laura did an amazing job at our wedding, and I highly recommend Look No Further Entertainment for your wedding! From the first meeting with Ross, I noticed his very friendly, professional demeanor, and he was always happy to answer any questions or take our input on song suggestions. At our wedding, the sweet & mellow song selection was perfect as guests took their seats, and then the upbeat mix kept everyone on the dance floor after dinner! Ross and Laura are genuine, friendly, and professional, and will make your wedding an event that no one will stop talking about!

Sent on 01/26/2010

Lorena · Married on 11/13/2009

We were very pleased with DJ Ross and Laura. They are a great team! From our first visit we could tell that they really listened to what we liked and wanted for our reception and then executed it perfectly! Thank you so much to both of you for making our special day even better!

Sent on 12/28/2009

Rebecca · Married on 09/26/2009

DJ Ross and Laura are a great team! They met with me a couple times before the wedding and were very personable and professional. They are always on time and prepared. My reception music was exactly what we had discussed and got the party going! All of the wedding guests could not stop commenting on the great mix of music! Thanks again Ross and Laura for making my day that much more special!

Sent on 10/07/2009

Kelly · Married on 08/29/2009

Ross did an awesome job!

Sent on 08/31/2009

Kevin · Married on 07/18/2009

Laura did an incredible job at our wedding! We met a few weeks prior to the big day to go over musical genres and work out a timeline. She put together an initial playlist wicked fast (sorry, I live in Boston now) and made sure that all our favorites made it in. We couldn't think of a single song that she didn't already have.

Setup and teardown happened without us even knowing, and the equipment was perfect for our venue. Overall, we were extremely happy with Look No Further and highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/25/2009

Thao · Married on 03/14/2009

DJ Ross did a wonderful job at out wedding. He was very easy to work with and really paid attention to our musical preferences; in effect, our reception turned out how we envisioned: great music, dancing, and good times.

DJ Ross showed up when he promised and had everything ready to go on time.

Prior to our wedding, we communicated with him via e-mail and met with him personally to go over song lists, song/genre preferences, and our wedding logistics. The whole process was extremely professional, but he and Laura both were really friendly and easy going at the same time.

I was really impressed with his commitment to our event and his overall passion for his work, and I'm glad he was a part of our big day.

Sent on 08/31/2009

Lillian · Married on 05/03/2008

We are so happy that Ross was our DJ at our wedding last year. Music is so important for a good party, and at a wedding especially you want everyone to have fun, and to get into the moment with a great progression of old and new favorites. Ross was really thoughtful in helping us plan our playlist, and was really accommodating when we brought our list of Euro dance & pop tracks to mix in with lots of American 80s music and a few country songs.
    Super professional, creative, and great energy!
    Thank you!!!!

Sent on 09/14/2009

Vanessa · Married on 12/30/2011

We love Look No Further! They are the best DJs in town! And we love our "wedding soundtrack!" It's so fun to listen to our wedding (from preceremony music all the way to our exit) again and be reminded of what a wonderful day we had. Book Look No Further!

Sent on 06/05/2012

meredith · Married on 09/10/2011

Look No Further did a great job for us. With Ross and Laura there for meetings and on the wedding day it makes things go very smoothly. They were great to work with and Ross definitely kept the dance floor busy with good music.

Sent on 10/12/2011

Stephen · Married on 03/19/2011

Ross and Laura at Look No Further provided the perfect soundtrack for our day. In all honesty, my wife and i chose our wedding date based upon Ross and Laura's availability, so our expectations for them were pretty high, and they met them all.

Even though my wife and i planned our Austin wedding from Dallas and Los Angeles, respectively, Ross and Laura were always responsive and gave us plenty of valuable feedback. As a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., a hip-hop head (along with my wife), and a soul music lover, i had plenty of special requests of Ross and Laura, and they handled them effortlessly.

For instance, when my wife told me that she was worried about walking in to a instrumental of Teddy Pendergrass’s “You’re My Latest, My Greatest Inspiration” (our song) because she hadn’t found a quality version on youtube, i told Ross and he e-mailed me the perfect mp3 version the next day, allaying my wife’s fears.

Along with our caterer, Laura was a tremendous help the day of, and together they did a great job of fulfilling our vision.

We strongly recommend Look No Further to any- and everyone looking for a DJ in the Austin area.

Sent on 04/16/2011

Mary · Married on 07/31/2010

Ross and Laura were very professional and easy to work with. The music was amazing - there wasn't a time when the dance floor was empty (and we had many non-dancing-type guests at our reception). They responded in a timely manner to all of my questions, answering even the most off the wall ones.

I would recommend them to any future bride!

Sent on 08/12/2010

Stephanie · Married on 03/06/2010

Ross and Laura were a pleasure to work with. They were very patient with us as we tried to figure out exactly what music was right for the feel of our wedding reception. Ross went above and beyond by helping us find unique music for out cocktail hour. Laura helped us come up with a time line for the evening and made sure the night ran smoothly! Throughout the course of the evening we received numerous compliments on the music, the quality of the DJ, and our dance floor was full all night! The best part about working with Ross and Laura is that they took time to get to know us and provided an atmosphere that reflected who we are. We highly recommend Look No Further Entertainment to others!

Sent on 03/20/2010

Bud · Married on 11/14/2009

My new wife has not stopped smiling since the wedding. And now that I'm back at work, EVERYBODY is talking about how much fun they had and how awesome these guys were. The recording they made of the night's events was a wonderful surprise. I've listened through it twice so far. What a great night. Ross and Lara provided everything from music to lights to video equipment, and put together a show that we'll talk about for a lifetime.

Nothing but smiles on the dance floor.

These guys make a great team, and a great party.

Sent on 12/03/2009

Danielle & Jared · Married on 10/25/2009

What I appreciated most about working with Laura and Ross was their diligence. They insured that we had the musical needs addressed for every detail of the evening. Our music tastes were fairly extensive and they downloaded several new songs just for our reception. Most importantly, they just did an exceptional job of keeping the ceremony lively. I met with DJs which charge a little less and several that charge a lot more. Laura and Ross just seem to enjoy making your wedding a special event. In meetings with some of Austin's "big name" DJs, I left with the feeling it would just be a gig on the side for them to make a little extra money. Hire them and you will not have any regrets!

Sent on 11/16/2009

Amy · Married on 08/08/2009

We couldn't have asked for a better performance with our reception! Look No Further Entertainment did a great at making our special day unforgettable. We were able to customize our reception in the neatest ways. Very flexible and professional and knows how to keep the party going. We would recommend Look No Further Entertainment to anyone who is looking for a DJ on that special day. We were able to just show up and the rest was taken care of! Thanks for an unforgettable day!!

Sent on 08/13/2009

Ross and Laura do an INCREDIBLE job as a DJ team. They went above and beyond to mix songs for us and literally played every song that we wanted, even if it wasn't on their online list. No one left the dance floor the entire night and everything flowed seamlessly. I feel that we hit the jackpot when we found them, and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone. They are all about making the music for your wedding exactly the way YOU want it and we could not have been more pleased.

Sent on 06/06/2013

maya · Married on 09/29/2012

Look no Further was amazing. The goal of my wedding was to keep everyone dancing all night. From my 60+ year old aunts to the youngest guest in the room, and that goal was achieved and then some.

They worked with me from beginning to end. Found those less known songs that were important to to me and my groom. The right version of moon river for my father daughter dance (do you have any idea how many versions are out there?)

They stayed in close touch through all the planning and kept my wedding on track all night. I can not recommend them highly enough

Sent on 10/25/2012

Look No Further Entertainment's reply:

Thank you maya! We had so much fun at your wedding. We absolutely loved the Dr. Seuss vows & all of the other unique elements that made your celebration so special. Congratulations again!

We knew LNFE was the perfect DJ for us after our first meeting early in the planning process. Ross and Laura were always generally quick to respond to emails. They were very patient, even when we changed our minds and made a few different changes. They kept the dance floor packed and played all the music we asked for. We had groomsmen with ties on their heads and one with his pants tucked in to his socks, it was quite the party thanks to Ross. Laura was very professional when making the MC announcements. I would highly recommend LNFE to other brides!

Sent on 07/12/2012