Look No Further Entertainment Reviews

109 Reviews for Look No Further Entertainment

Look No Further Entertainment 1
Look No Further Entertainment 2

Misti · Married on 02/04/2011

Laura and Ross are so amazing! I had such a great time coordinating everything with Laura ahead of time. She was always so quick to respond which helped to limit my stress. At the wedding Laura and Ross were absolutely wonderful. I did not have to worry about a single thing. The music was awesome! Everyone was dancing the entire time. Ross knew exactly what to play to get the party going. I could not recommend these guys enough.

Sent on 02/06/2011

Kristina · Married on 01/07/2011

Look No Further Entertainment will handle all of your music needs! We had our ceremony and reception at the same venue, and were looking for a DJ that could provide both ceremony and reception music. Enter Ross and Laura . . . they found all the music we requested for the ceremony, which included a lot of classical selections, with no problems. The mix of music for the reception was perfect - Ross played everything from big band to classic rock to pop rock to country . . . you get the idea. Laura acted as our day-of coordinator, which worked out extremely well for us as we decided to fore-go having a wedding coordinator and took on the task of wedding planning ourselves. Laura was in contact with all of the other vendors throughout the night, and everything went along smoothly. I was sad when the night came to an end because everyone was having a great time. Thanks Ross and Laura for making our wedding and reception one for the ages!

Sent on 01/20/2011

Anne · Married on 11/07/2010

Ross and Laura were amazing at our November wedding. Not only did Ross do a fabulous job as our dj, but Laura also helped direct the evening's events perfectly (which was extremely helpful since we didn't have a wedding planner:) We had tons of compliments from friends and family about the music selections/mixing and Ross and Laura had a laid-back yet professional presence at all times. I would not hesitate to hire them again for parties, events, etc., and absolutely recommend them for weddings!!

Sent on 02/10/2011

Amanda · Married on 10/24/2010

Ross and Laura did an amazing job at our wedding! Everyone was on the dance floor. They were so easy to work with and just super nice people. I will have to come up with other events just to use them again. Laura was an awersome MC and kept everyone on schedule. Ross played an fun mix of music and really listened to our preferences. They are definetly not your standard wedding DJ! They live up to their name!

Sent on 11/18/2010

Kelsey · Married on 10/08/2010

Ross and Laura were so easy to work with! It was important that we found a DJ that didnt play the cheesy,cliche wedding songs. I had multiple guests say throughout the cocktail hour and reception that they wanted the playlist from the night!! Everyone loved the variety of music and they accomodated our wide age range of guests. The night was full of dancing and fun!

Sent on 10/21/2010

Rebecca · Married on 09/25/2010

Laura helped with a lot of details during the reception for me so that I could enjoy my party without having to run around. All of the guests are still talking about the music and how much fun they had. I will definitely us Look No Further in the future and recommend them to future bride and grooms.

Sent on 10/03/2010

Ashley · Married on 09/18/2010

Laura and Ross were so delightful to work with, they made our wedding so special by mixing all our favorite songs and really personalizing our reception. I would recommend them time and time again. Such a great help to us!

Sent on 09/26/2010

Sarah · Married on 09/11/2010

Use them! :)

Sent on 09/16/2010

Cassidy · Married on 09/05/2010

After a few months of window shopping for a DJ, we found Look No Further Entertainment.

While we emailed back and forth and even met with several different DJ companies, LNF stood head and shoulders above the rest for several reasons.

During the preliminary email-back-and-forth period, Ross and Laura were extremely responsive, flexible and helpful. When it came time to meet, again, they were both very flexible with meeting times and locations and even suggested a meeting place that was close to where we lived to be more convenient for us.

We were immediately drawn to the fact that Ross, as a REAL DJ, did not just stand at a table and click songs from an iPod or computer. His unique turn-tables, vast knowledge of music and quick suggestions were a definite plus.

Add to that the amazing Laura Waltz. When we booked Ross as our DJ, we also took advantage of Laura's day-of coordinator services.

BEST. DECISION. EVER.

Laura went WELL ABOVE and BEYOND in helping me coordinate the entire wedding. I would casually mention that I heard about a certain vendor and the next day I would have a complete list of services, prices, contact information, etc about that vendor PLUS a few other suggestions. It was obvious that she took the time to actually call the vendors as well, not just find the information online.

Basically, she didn't disappear until the day-of. She worked right alongside me in coordinating months before the actual day.

Every once in awhile, I would also receive emails from her asking where I was in planning, if I'd made decisions on X, Y and Z since we last spoke and what help I needed from her. VERY proactive considering I know how busy these two are.

And on the actual wedding day, I didn't have to think about ANYTHING other than having a good time. Not once did I ever think "When is X going to happen?" or "I hope she doesn't forget Y!" Laura made sure everything flowed beautifully and gave me a piece of mind I never thought I would actually have on the day-of! (On a side note, during the planning phase, I probably heard 100 times "No wedding ever starts on time". At one point, Laura told me HER weddings do, no matter what anyone says. And she delivered! Right on the dot! :D)

As for the DJ aspect, although I planned on creating a playlist for every second of the ceremony and reception, as some things usually do, this slipped through the cracks. I ended up sending Ross a very random, very haphazardly put-together excel spreadsheet of a few songs we'd like to hear at various times but asked that he use the songs listed to fill in the rest of the evening with similar/complimentary song selections.

Oh, and did I mention I didn't send this email until about 2 days before the wedding? (Sorry Ross!)

Again, my expectations were exceeded. Great music, great pacing and great announcing. No lag time between songs or weird silences, great transitioning from song to song, great song choices that meshed with ours....seriously....just great.

I could continue to gush about these two but I think you get the point.

I cannot recommend or speak more highly of Ross and Laura!

(PS: Although my now-husband and I weren't there after the wedding and during clean-up time, I was told by my mom and dad that Ross and Laura stayed behind after everyone left to help pick up and load things into the car. How amazing is that? Going above and beyond even AFTER their job is done. Tells you a lot about their character and work ethic.)

Sent on 09/21/2010

Schandra · Married on 08/28/2010

I have nothing but WONDERFUL things to say about Look No Further. I would recommend them to anyone!!!

Sent on 09/14/2010

Jennifer · Married on 08/14/2010

We couldn't have been more happy with the services we received from Look No Further Entertainment. The music selected by the DJs (Ross and Laura) was perfect, they did a lot of mixes that kept everyone on the dance floor. We were exhausted from all the wedding planning but the music was so good that we stayed on the dance floor for practically the whole night. We had several friends and family approach as at the reception to tell us how good the music was and how it was the best music at a wedding that they had ever been to. We highly recommend Look No Further Entertainment.

Sent on 08/29/2010

Anna · Married on 08/07/2010

Picking out the DJ was at the top of my wedding planning list. I was so relieved during my first meeting with Ross, because I knew that Look No Further Entertainment would be the perfect choice! He did a great job of listening to my reception vision and his excitement and passion were evident!

One of the fondest memories of my reception was the Father-Daughter Dance. I told my dad months before the wedding that we would be dancing to My Girl. I wanted to secretly mix in You Got It by Roy Orbison to surprise my dad, because he always said that was his song to my sister and I growing up. I was worried that this might be a difficult task for some of the DJs out there. However once I told Ross my plans, he instantly got out his computer and started planning how to do it. The morning of the wedding my dad said that he heard You Got It on the radio and wondered if the DJ had the song. I told my dad that he had tons of songs and he could try to request it. When the Father-Daughter dance started I could hardly contain my excitement! We had fun dancing to My Girl, but when You Got It started to play my dad froze and gave me a huge hug. He had tears in his eyes as he said, "You are amazing!" It will be a moment that will be with my always!

I had so much fun dancing the night away with my friends and family! I couldn't of asked for more from Look No Further!

Sent on 08/25/2010

Joy · Married on 06/26/2010

I could not have asked for better DJ's for my wedding. I was nervous that not many of my guests would get out on the dance floor at my reception, but because of Ross and Laura's music choices and energy, the dance floor was completely packed with people ranging from grandparents to my friends who are fresh out of college! Everyone had a blast, and it is all because of these two. And just from the one or two meetings we had before the wedding, Ross and Laura did an amazing job playing the type of music and setting the perfect mood I was hoping for at my wedding. They made this part of wedding planning such a breeze because they left me nothing to worry about.
    After going to many weddings, then having my own, I have realized that having the right DJ for the reception is what makes a wedding completely unforgettable. I will always recommend Look No Further to anyone I know who is having a wedding in Austin... and probably anywhere else for that matter.
    Thanks so much, Ross and Laura! My wedding was everything I hoped it would be because of you two!

Sent on 06/29/2010

Lauren · Married on 06/26/2010

We interviewed several DJs, all of whom were very pleasant and seemed to be fine with taking our input for songs, but our conversation with Look No Further was much more. Ross listened intently to our list of favorite artists and genres, paid attention to the mood we were looking for in the reception, and had WONDERFUL suggestions and ideas. The night of the wedding, they were perfect on time, set up, and all of the details, and by the time my new wife and I arrived, we literally already had people asking who the DJ was, because they LOVED the music. We couldn't think of anything that could have been much better, so we'd recommend Look No Further all the way!!!

Sent on 08/30/2010

Joshua · Married on 06/25/2010

Look No Further Entertainment was very reasonable pricewise and did a wonderful job. We planned our wedding from out of state and he was very easy to work with and was always quick to respond to our emails. We picked out the songs that we wanted him to play and he filled in the gaps with music of similar taste. When making a request during the reception, he responded politley and fullfilled our request immediately. Most djs will play the requested song eventually, but he made sure that our requested songs were played immediately following the current song. Working with him was a great experience and I highly reccommend Look No Further Entertainment.

Sent on 07/06/2010

Brooke · Married on 06/19/2010

Absolutely AMAZING! Couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Both Ross and Laura are attentive, responsive, considerate, thorough, and kind! They blended pop, country, oldies, jazz, and Tejano in my wedding. They had a keen ability to read the crowd and play the music to fit. I highly recommend Look No Further Entertainment.

Sent on 07/05/2010

Scott · Married on 06/18/2010

Look No Further Entertainment helped make our wedding! We had so many compliments on the excellent playlist and transitioning between songs. The great team showed patience and professionalism throughout the entire process. Their website is user friendly and all inclusive; you can do everything on this site! Thank you so much for making our wedding day perfect!

Scott & Stacey Thornton

Sent on 07/07/2010
  • U

Jessica · Married on 05/29/2010

Ross and Laura at Look No Further are very talented DJs that will actually listen to your requests, wants and needs for your wedding reception or event! They are fun to work with and really know how to keep people on the dance floor!!! They have an excellent online tool that allows you to create a personalized playlist for your event. This allows you to send them your "must play" and "do not play" lists.

They are very attentive, great MCs and I was NOT disappointed! I received so many compliments about them after the wedding. Just like their name says, "Look no further...because you have found your DJ"!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Angelica · Married on 05/28/2010

Ross was wonderful and completely professional. He completely understood our personalities and our requests. We gave him little guidance, and we feel like he created a soundtrack that matched us perfectly. I would recommend him for any event.

Sent on 06/28/2010

Brooke · Married on 05/22/2010

Ross and Laura did an amazing job at our wedding. They were in charge of the cocktail hour and reception music and both were everything we could have hoped for. They were great about returning phone calls and emails, and their online playlist program made it easy for us to ensure the music we wanted got played when and where it was supposed to. They were great to work with and I would recommend them to anyone looking for someone with great musical knowledge and superb professionalism. They kept the party rockin all night long!!

Brooke and Theo

Sent on 06/23/2010

Ryan · Married on 05/15/2010

We used Look No Further Entertainment (Ross and Laura) for our wedding on May 15th, 2010 and have so many great things to say about them. They are a soon to be husband and wife team who worked so hard to make our reception run flawlessly. They were so helpful from the very beginning of the planning stages all the way to after the event (as they are putting together our videography).

At our reception, Laura didn't sit down the entire night. She coordinated so much (announcing speeches, dances, videography, etc) which really directed the flow of the night. Along with doing this, she was also running around capturing the night on video. We haven't seen the finished project yet, but are so excited to because we know Ross and Laura have already been so dedicated to making our wedding amazing.

Ross was able to rent, set up and take down equipment for a slideshow that we had during the reception, which worked out perfectly. I know that our guests had a great time dancing (as did we!) because as we were getting ready to leave the entire wedding chanted "One more song, one more song!" Also, we had several comments from friends saying "I've never seen my husband dance this much!" Getting guys on the dancefloor is a challenge in itself, but Ross had EVERYONE out there dancing. His music selection was awesome and he was so friendly and great to work with. We highly recommend Look No Further - personable, hard-working, talented, professional, the list goes on...

Sent on 05/26/2010

Julie · Married on 05/15/2010

Sent on 05/26/2010
  • Y

Kamal · Married on 05/08/2010

Look No Further Entertainment DJed our wedding on May 8th... and true to their name, we did not need to look any further. Ross and Laura did such a great job - from the planning months before our wedding to the last minute details a couple of days before. They met with us a number of times and asked detailed questions and took careful notes.

We had an very international wedding - our guests were from all over the US and world (TX, NJ, CA, MA, IL, OH, Panama, Dominica Repulic, Lebanon, Egypt, Tunisia). Laura and Ross crossed all Internatinal boundaries with the English, Spanish and Arabic mix. Laura ensured that all the annoucements were on point and pronounced perfectly! Ross mixed all the songs perfectly and our guests couldn't tell their were transitions from the different styles of music. The dance floor was packed all night long!

We couldn't have picked a better team to DJ our wedding. After the wedding, our guests all complimented the music and expressed how much fun they had dancing. Hands down, Look No Further are the best wedding DJs we've heard and are very glad to have chosen them for our wedding.

Sent on 05/20/2010

Dana · Married on 05/01/2010

Ross and Laura are an amazing team. It was a great party and I am so thankful for all of their hard work and dedication that they put into making our wedding spectacular. I have had numerous people tell me that it was one of the best parties that they have been too. So thank you again for everything! Look No Further Entertainment Rocks!!!

~The Brocks

Sent on 05/13/2010

Cacey · Married on 04/18/2010

I LOVE Look No Further Entertainment. Ross and Laura are awesome. There was not one thing about them or their service that I would have changed. They DJ'd my wedding (ceremony & reception) in April, 2010 and they did an amazing job. And I have the awesome reception pictures to prove it! Everyone had SO MUCH FUN at our reception, and it's all thanks to Look No Further.

My husband and I had initially wanted to have an I-pod wedding because music is so important to both of us, and we weren't sure we could find a DJ that could represent our style and tastes at the wedding. However, as the wedding planning got underway I started to freak out at the amount of work involved in DJ'ing your own wedding, so I started to search for a professional to do the job. However, my then fiance-now husband still needed some convincing.

I found Look No Further here on wedding wire, and at the time they had about 11 glowing reviews. So I emailed them explaining the situation, asking if they thought they could help. Ross replied w/ an extremely enthusiastic and informative email, inviting us for a free consultation with himself and Laura to talk to us in person and learn a little about our tastes, and show us what they had to offer. So we met them at a coffee shop down the street and by the end of the meeting we were BOTH totally convinced. We didn't even need to talk about it; we committed to using them right then and there. They were so sweet, they even gave us a cool bowl that Laura had made out of a record as a gift.

All in all they were wonderful and easy to work with, a great value, they made our wedding unforgettable not just for us but for our guests as well, and plus they're just really cool, sweet people.

I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/24/2010