Long Island Sound Reviews

144 | Bohemia, NY

144 Reviews for Long Island Sound

John · Married on 09/29/2013

I want to thank Mike N (mc) and DJ Orente ( sorry if spelt wrong. The music was perfect. I was happy to see Mike N was my MC. We hit it off at a showcase and was excited to see him show up. I couldn't ask for a more perfect team.
    They were able to keep the floor packed all night and we had a wide age range from young kids to grand parents. Thank You so much.

Sent on 10/05/2013
  • User2719925 · 2+ years ago

The LI Sound DJ’s rocked our wedding! We had Chris as the MC and Joey as the DJ and they were an excellent duo. From the very first day we met Chris at a bridal showcase, we knew he would be the perfect fit for our wedding. He was professional, maintained great poise and was very likeable. We worked with him from day 1 and communicated to him what we wanted and what we didn’t want for our wedding. They followed-through and put on a great show! Everyone, from age 5 to 85 were rocking the dance floor ALL NIGHT LONG. We had guests coming up to me during the night asking me where we found this DJ…

As a control freak, I created a timeline which I communicated to Chris. At our final meeting, he did not commit to my schedule and told me to let them do their job. Thankfully, I did that because everything was so perfectly executed. People had time to eat, cry, dance and party.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Kimberly · Married on 09/14/2013

Choosing a DJ was the hardest part of wedding planning for my husband and I because we were concerned we would end up with someone who played rap and techno music (not our style) and yelled into the microphone all night. When we met with Scott and LI Sound we immediately trusted him and believed he understood the vision for our reception. He proved us right! Scott did an amazing job as MC, and the DJ listened to our musical tastes and kept the whole room on the dance floor all night! The white sound system, light towers and uplighting looked amazing at our venue. I recommend the spanish guitar player for cocktail and Gene Santini singing Frank Sinatra for parts of your reception. Thanks again Scott & LI Sound for making my reception a blast!

Sent on 09/27/2013

Amy · Married on 09/13/2013

LI Sound made my wedding! I had a violinist play during the ceremony. They were awesome. Exactly what I had envisioned for my ceremony! For my reception I had Mike B as my MC and Craig as my DJ. We made a last minute request to do the Harlem shake and they incorporated it into our entrance perfectly. Everyone had so much fun! I definitely give credit to LI Sound. Mike kept the party going and even danced with my husband's 85 year old grandmother. She was loving it! LOL. I would totally recommend them to anyone planning their wedding. Mike kept making sure I was on the dance floor all night long enjoying my wedding. Any future events that I plan will definitely include LI Sound. One of the best decisions I made for my wedding!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Michelle · Married on 08/02/2013

THE BEST!!!!!

Everything I wanted!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Joseph A. · Married on 06/28/2013

LI Sound was absolutely phenomenal!!!!!They exceeded all of our expectations by far!! Leo was the BEST MC ever!! The whole crew who worked our wedding was fantastic, from the bongo player, to the video and zap shot guys, and of course the DJ himself!! A huge thank you to everyone at LI Sound, especially Chris, who went out of their way to make this night unforgettable!! You guys MADE our wedding and we couldn't have asked for anything more!!!

Sent on 07/03/2013
  • User4001908 · 2+ years ago

We enjoyed sitting down and planning our wedding with Chris. We used the white setup for the DJ. Lighting which was connected into Georgios lighting system, had our names in lights on the floor, the tv screens to post imagines taken during the reception and of course the biggest photo booth. From start to finish LI Sounds staff made it very easy for us to plan. They give you a packet "homework" is what we called it. It's so you can specify what you want and don't want to hear. Also it's for the entrance of the bridal party, bride and grooms first dance, father daughter dance, son and mother dance and all the extras. I didn't tell them what to play and what not to play. I did hire them for their reputation so I let them do what they do best. We received a memory stick at the end of the night which was from the photo booth and in the mail we received a cd that had pictures on it that one of the DJ assistants was taking during the reception. I highly recommend LI sound DJ for any event that is If you want your guests to remember your party. Sal (DJ) really knew how to get everyone up and dancing. We packed out the dance floor. People we dancing on the carpet because we were running out of room. Love,love,love these guys. Omg I almost forgot. We hired a guy to play the steel drums during cocktail hour. He was awesome. My family and I go to St.Martin to vaca so for us we felt like we were away. We got so many compliments on the DJ,(Sal) MC,(Chris) the photo booth, the setup, and the guy who played the steel drums.

Sent on 03/29/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2013

Scott and everyone else at LI Sound are incredible. So friendly and enthusiastic, it's easy to see that they love their job! They were so flexible and easy to work with. They helped lessen the stress of wedding planning; I knew I had nothing to worry about with them. We also got SO many compliments on the music from all of our guests! The dance floor was jumping the entire time!

Sent on 06/12/2013
  • Genee

Genee · Married on 05/19/2013

LI Sound did and amazing job. Chris and staff come highly recommended!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Melanie · Married on 03/16/2013

Long Island Sound was amazing! We used Scott for our engagement party and our wedding. The music was perfect for each part of our day. The staff is professional, on time and truly listens to your input and requests. We will continue to use Long Island Sound for every occasion!

Sent on 04/18/2013

Vanessa · Married on 01/19/2013

I do not even know where to start. Well the had Dj my brother wedding which is were I decided on them instantly. Scott... Made my dream wedding come to life. Everything that I explained to him between lighting and music went above expectation. He also was my mc and a awesome one. The staff was very professional and friendly. Thank you for everything!! Would recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 03/13/2013

The best DJ we have ever heard!! Mario did an awesome job performing for our wedding! We couldn't have asked for a more lively & enthusiastic. DJ! He was the best!!

Sent on 01/07/2013
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 11/03/2012

One of the things we needed was a bilingual MC and they delivered as promised. All the other sound companies didn't offer that option. We also had a percussionist and glad we did. From beginning to end they were GRREAT!!

Sent on 11/29/2012

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2012

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I had Chris as my MC, per my request and I definitely got it right! He was better than I could have ever imagined. Everyone talks about how they kept the party going all night and how awesome they were. We also had a photographer for zap shots throughout the night, a percussionist for the reception who is out of this world!!! and we got their photobooth which was by far the best photo booth ever! They definitely added a special touch to our evening and we will be forever grateful for a wonderful party!!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Kristal · Married on 09/30/2012

My MC, Chris, and DJ, Sal, were awesome to work with. They provided all the music I requested and then some! Chris, who is also the owner, kept the crowd going and was very professional. I loved the white DJ booth. It tactfully hid all the equipment and provided some colorful lighting for the ballroom. They both did a great job and I would gladly recommend LI Sound to any future brides.

Sent on 11/07/2012

Alda · Married on 09/29/2012

My husband and I chose Long Island Sound as our DJ for our wedding. We were so happy we did! We had a great experience working with Leo. He listened to and understood what we were looking for as far as music selection and did not disappoint! The dance floor was full from beginning to end. Adding the percussionist was also something we were so glad we did. He added a different vibe to the music and it was something different from other weddings we had been too. Our guests are still raving about how much fun they enjoyed the wedding! We have LI Sound to thank for a perfect day!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Amanda · Married on 08/12/2012

Our mc & dj were awesome they had everyone dancing all night! Had the white set up which looks great when the light are shinning on it! Their photo booth is so much fun! I definitely recommend it everyone said it was the best photo booth they have been in!

Sent on 09/08/2012
  • Ana

Ana · Married on 06/10/2012

Scott and Dj Rusty were great, we are very happy with everything. We also had a percussionist (John) in our package and he was a hit!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Jennifer · Married on 05/31/2012

Long Island Sound was great. They were there on time and got everyone on the floor from the beginning of the night to the last song. We also had a photobooth from them that veryone loved and had a great time in and it was the talk on the night. We also had a sax's guy along with the dj and mc who was amazing. I loved using Long Island Sound and highly recommend them plus they only do wedding parties.

Sent on 06/10/2012

Lauren · Married on 05/24/2012

Scott the DJ was amazing although i didn't give much direction he played Everything i wanted to hear. Everybody was dancing all night including myself until the very last song. LI Sound also provided a Photo Booth which everyone loved and had a blast using. They even set up a lounge outside the photo booth that gave a fun club vibe. I absolutely loved it!!!

Sent on 06/11/2012

Jamie · Married on 03/17/2012

VITO BABY!!! BEST WEDDING EVER!!

Sent on 05/01/2012

Vedosi · Married on 12/31/2011

We have just returned from Italy and starting to get back into the swing of things again! We just wanted to publicly thank Long Island Sound for an amazing performance. You cannot believe the amount of compliments we have received from our guests! The dj had many special requests that ran from indie rock to hip hop and they played everything . The dj and mc looked like they had just as much fun as we did and our guests loved that they were so into partying with us. From the ceremony to the last dance, no one could believe how great the sound was and how perfect the music choices were throughout the entire evening. They really amazed everyone, including our very demanding families, and for that we sincerely thank and applaud them. We had a great time, we appreciate how they worked in all of the songs we asked for, and we thank them for keeping the atmosphere energetic and elegant all at the same time. We really couldn't have asked for more. Our wedding reception pictures are full of guests partying and having fun. We know it was through the mc's constant attention to our guests that made everything work so well. We hope to be invited to a party with them in the future. We all had so much fun.

Sent on 01/06/2012

Cassandra · Married on 11/18/2011

This DJ company kept my guests dancing all night at my wedding.they were professional,
    Punctual, and well dressed. I would def recommend this DJ. We used Sal for te DJ and Chris for our MC!!! We can't say enough about LI Sound!! Theycmade our night!!!

Sent on 12/13/2011

Kisa · Married on 09/16/2011

Scott was extremely easy to work with. I met with him before the wedding with a long play list and specific directions. He cooperated in every respect and was very generous with his time and pricing.

Sent on 10/04/2011

Megan · Married on 08/20/2011

Dj was great played the music I asked for in advance

Sent on 05/10/2012