Long Island Sound Reviews

144 | Bohemia, NY

144 Reviews for Long Island Sound

Clara · Married on 02/07/2015

LI Sound was without a doubt a pleasure to use for our wedding. There was absolutely nothing we had to worry about before or on the day of our wedding. When we met with Chris for our finalization appointment, he gave us professional input based on his experience. The lighting/equipment/sound was like no other. Chris and his crew at LI Sound did a phenomenal job with music choices. Our guests were on the dance floor the entire night having the time of their life, along with us. We highly recommend this vendor without breaking the bank!

Sent on 02/14/2015

LI Sound was great and Scott really worked in our budget. Our DJ was Craig and our MC was Leo. The music was great, the energy was high and people were dancing all night long. Thank you for a great wedding!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Lisa · Married on 11/09/2014

We were initially introduced to Long Island Sound at our friends' wedding. We were impressed by their ability to keep the party going throughout the wedding while playing a variety of music. Naturally, when it was time to choose entertainment for our wedding, we visited Long Island Sound. Upon meeting with Scott, it became evident that we did not need to look any further. He was accommodating and knowledgable. In fact, we liked Scott so much we asked that he be our MC for the wedding. About two weeks before we met with Craig to finalize music, as well as our selections. He, too, was accommodating, patient and knowledgeable and it again solidified that we made the right choice.

The night of our wedding, we asked our Maitre D to show us the reeception space prior to our guests entering. It literally took our breath away. From the lighting and vertical truss placement to the plasma tvs, photo booth, and lounge- they completely understood and executed our vision. We were awestruck. They kept the party going though out the night and clearly love what they do. In fact, I think thats our favorite part about this company. They love what they do and it emanates through their work, music, decor and overall vibe. Our guests can not stop talking about the party and we cannot begin to fully express our gratitude. Thank you so much for helping to make this a night we'll never forget!
    -Dave and Lisa

Sent on 11/11/2014

Long Island Sound's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you as well. We appreciate the opportunity to be part of your special day!

Bernadette · Married on 10/12/2014

I had LI Sound as my DJ for my wedding last week at Giorgio's. I cannot stress enough how wonderful they were and how fantastic the music was at my wedding. Scott was our MC and he did a great job sitting down with me to figure out the perfect blend of music for my ceremony and reception. I was having an interfaith wedding involving various ethnicities and age groups and Scott was great with helping to pick music to fit the crowd as well as my wishes. Craig was our DJ and he was also awesome. He played my song list as well as other tracks that went perfectly with mine and my husbands' musical tastes. Other than dinner time the dance floor was literally packed. Everyone raved about the music, even some of the pickier guests! Scott and Craig really worked well together and created such an amazing balance and experience. I am so happy they were the music team for my wedding, I wouldn't have had it any other way! Thank you so much to Scott, Craig and LI Sound for helping to make our wedding day so special!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Jackie · Married on 10/11/2014

After deciding to go with a DJ rather then a band, we were searching for a company that we felt comfortable with, and LI Sound was it. They came recommended by a couple different people, and were outstanding. We met with Craig who set up us up with everything we could possibly want, including live musicians to play with the DJ, and we worked from there to figure out the best possible options. We ended up with a live electric violin player to play during the reception with the DJ, and a Spanish guitar player for cocktail hour and for dinner. LISound allowed the best of both worlds. We requested Craig to be our DJ, we felt like we had "bonded" even prior to the wedding, and Leo was our MC - he was awesome! Leo kept everything running smoothly, accommodated our requests, and kept everyone happy and dancing! Craig was super helpful in choosing songs and remixes to use or not use, and was able to "read" the guests to keep them on the dance floor - he was awesome. We also had an interactive photo booth thru LISound, with an attendant. The attendant was helpful when he was around, but was often MIA when my guests needed his help - that it our ONLY complaint. Otherwise, LISound was absolutely amazing. They were easy to contact and able to answer all our questions along the way. We 100% recommend using them!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Long Island Sound is the most amazing dj company! Chris was our MC and he had the party roaring. The DJ had everyone up and dancing all night. Weeks later we are still getting compliments about how amazing the music was. There was never a dull moment! We even had a piano player for the cocktail hour. We had the package with zap shots and it was so unbelievably worth it! Pictures were flashing on the large, very clear, tv screens (including the huge tv screen that was the dj booth) all night and everyone loved it! The pictures came out amazing and we got them all on a decorated CD within the two weeks after the wedding! We also got the wedding mash-up and people cannot stop talking about that either! Honestly, Long Island Sound absolutely provides the greatest dj entertainment in NY! I highly recommend them, you won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/27/2014

Wow!!!! My wedding was absolutely amazing and I have to give a lot of that credit to our DJ craig and MC dave. They were absolutely amazing. There are NO words to explain how thankful I am. The dance floor was crowded all night. The music was perfect. They listened to my every request and the request of our guests. I cant say enough good things. Thank you!!!!!! LI SoUNd is awesome

Sent on 09/29/2014

Nicole · Married on 09/27/2014

Amazing Everyone was on the dance floor, I didnt not stop dancing the entire night. The maitre d told me its rare a bride has that much fun at their own wedding and I play that off to how great the DJ and Mc were. We asked for an odd request and the got it fully correct. Also we booked our photobooth through them and that was a huge hit !! THANK YOU for everything we will 100% recommend them to everyone

Sent on 10/07/2014

Shana · Married on 09/19/2014

We had booked LI Sound over a year in advance and good thing we did! My now-husband and I had worked with both Leo and Craig and they put together the greatest package of any wedding I had ever been to. My husband was very involved in the planning and they all worked well and everything was perfect! Our MC Chris and DJ Matty had kept the crowd going all night long on the dance floor, and Chris did an amazing job announcing our wedding party. Unfortunately I didn't get the names of our zap-shot artist and photo-booth attendant but they were both great as well. They had also did a great job keeping a surprise quiet that my father-in-law had planned for me. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to book the happiest day of their lives.

Sent on 10/04/2014

Tara · Married on 09/06/2014

My fiancé and I agreed that music was one of the most, if not THE most, important component of our wedding. A friend of mine recommended Long Island Sound after using them for her wedding, and I am very glad she did! Our wedding was a non-stop dance party! Vito was our emcee and Mike P. was our DJ and they were the ideal team for our event. They looked at our playlist and instead of just playing the songs on there, they played those songs and more that really reflected our style - a mix of old & new music that would just get everyone out on the dance floor. They really nailed it! They also did the music for our on-site ceremony and provided a mike for our officiant and everything on that end worked out perfectly also. And at the end of the night, we got more complements on our music than any other part of the wedding. I would recommend these guys without reservation to anyone planning a wedding where you want your guests to have a GREAT time!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/31/2014

So happy with it all. They kept the party going all night long and had everyone involved. I worked with Craig and he was always available if I needed him. They are all true professionals and they helped make our day even that much more special.

Sent on 09/13/2014

Rosemarie · Married on 08/15/2014

When people come up to you all night and ask, "Where did you find the MC/DJ? they are awesome!"... You know you made an excellent choice. Numerous people at my wedding were asking me who are they, how did I find them, etc... It's almost a week later, and I actually received a couple of phone calls from people telling me the music was excellent.
    That dance floor was packed from start to finish! I had Scott as my MC and Rust was the DJ. Fantastic combination.
    Danielle was our event coordinator. She was great! Always responded to my emails and phone calls right away. Very organized.

Sent on 08/21/2014

Scott was the DJ/MC at our wedding and he did an amazing job. I couldn't have ask for a better DJ. He kept everyone on the dance floor throughout the whole wedding and was able to mix my husband's classic rock with my salsa. Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without him!

Sent on 08/16/2014

Annemarie · Married on 08/02/2014

LI Sound was absolutely amazing!!!! Our dance floor was packed the entire night because the music was perfect. They played a mix of new and old songs to get everyone involved. Scott is very professional and great to work with. I gave him a list of about 20 songs I wanted played at the wedding and specific times I wanted them played. They played EVERYTHING on that list!!!!!! We also had the interactive photo booth and a lounge which all my guests can't stop talking about. I was worried about how the lounge would look because I didn't want to take away from the elegance of the venue but it was a huge hit!! Everyone was hanging out in the lounge area and talking to people who weren't at their table. Overall, I can't say enough good things about LI Sound. Music makes or breaks a wedding and my music couldn't have been any better. Thank you Scott and LI Sound for such a memorable day!!!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Kristen · Married on 07/12/2014

There are not enough stars for me to give to LI Sound DJ & Entertainment. Our MC Scott Connell truly made the wedding unbelievable. We requested LI Sound and Scott specifically after seeing him at two other weddings and knowing the magic he created for each and every event. From the music, to the introductions and the vibe, Scott knows how to create a true "Experience" for all wedding guests. With lighting and an amazing custom lounge, the room was transformed and we couldn't have been more thrilled. All of our hopes and expectations were fulfilled and then some. I HIGHLY recommend LI Sound for your wedding or celebration event. They are experts and professionals. All of our family and friends could not stop raving about the entertainment, the lounge and the way the room looked with lighting and draping. From our first meeting with Scott, we knew he was the type of person who puts 110% into each and every wedding and event he does. That is a quality I feel sets him and LI Sound apart from other companies. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Jessica · Married on 07/12/2014

I cannot say enough about how happy my husband and I are with our choice of using LI Sound for our DJ during our wedding reception!
    We had DJ Loki and MC Joe and seriously, they had everyone dancing the ENTIRE time. Since our wedding, our guests have either said that it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding or the best soundtrack ever.
    Joe (the MC) was perfect... he skipped all the stuff we didn't want (anniversary dances, good luck dances, dollar contest...etc.) and just made sure everyone was having a great time. DJ Loki's music choices were unreal. Every song that played was better than the last which I didn't think was possible. Every song was the one that everyone would be like, "Ohhhhhhhh!!" and go crazy =)

LI Sound also provided screens to cover the DJ booth and two flat screen TVs with zap shots throughout the night. I was nervous about it being too much in the ball room but it looked so nice. We also added uplighting to our reception. During dinner, it was a golden hue that looked beautiful and then when everyone was dancing, it changed from green to blue to purple to pink. It made our photos look so cool and added to the whole feel of the reception.

We were able to rent a photo booth as well and that served as our guest book and favor for our guests. There was someone there to make sure that everything went smoothly and everyone had so much fun taking pictures in the photo booth and our guest book was awesome.

I can't say enough about how great Long Island Sound DJ's are. Any future event my husband and I have that includes a DJ will for sure have LI Sound. They were so professional, listened to exactly what we wanted and made our reception beyond fun.... there wasn't a single person who didn't have a great time.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Tara · Married on 07/03/2014

One word ---- AMAZING!! They had the dance floor packed the entire night. Barely heard the MC speak because people never left the dance floor! The drummer and air cannons were a big hit and absolutely worth the extra money.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Samantha · Married on 06/21/2014

Music was awesome! They really made the wedding amazing and I am so happy that they made the day turn out so great

Sent on 07/03/2014

Lori J. · Married on 06/21/2014

Sal and Izzy really brought their A game to our wedding! They were a remarkable team who were professional, funny and energetic. Our guests are still talking about the fun they had and it was all thanks to them.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Kristin · Married on 06/20/2014

LiSound kept our party going all night. Our dance floor was packed with a great variety of music. Our DJ Craig & MC Leo were the best. I wish I could have another party just so I could use them again. Our photo montage came out great. Overall I was extremely happy with our choice in choosing LiSound.

Sent on 07/24/2014
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/13/2014

Great experience working with them, professional and talented

Sent on 12/15/2014

Long Island Sound's reply:

Thank you Olivia for the kind review. It was a pleasure working with you as well!

LI Sound is great! And MC Leo and DJ Craig were AWESOMEEEEE! One thing we asked for was for them to "blow the roof off" and get everyone crazy partying and that's exactly what they did. We had a PACKED dance floor from the very start. I have never seen so many people dance for so long at any other party or wedding. We also got a percussionist, John Y., who really added SOOO much to the party!!! The drums really raise the energy and get people dancing and partying even more. MC Leo was so energetic and really kept the party going. He is super cool and not like those MCs that use that funky radio voice. :) DJ Craig played the music we wanted while also reading the crowd. These guys are true professionals and know EXACTLY what they are doing. Leo and Craig were also great during the planning process. They were so easy (and fun!) to work with. We also hired a pianist through them for the cocktail hour. I heard that was very nice (we didn't make it to CH).

Sent on 06/17/2014

Leigh · Married on 11/10/2013

We chose LI Sound after hearing them at a friend's wedding. Their wedding was one we danced the entire night. We met with Scott and he was awesome. He understood exactly what we were looking for. Our wedding was an absolute blast. We had a crowd on the dance floor all night long. Scott was the MC and just did an outstanding job. I couldn't be more thrilled that we chose LI Sound to provide the party at our wedding. They are worth their price for the amazing time we had!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Toni · Married on 11/01/2013

We used LI Sound for our same sex wedding and they were wonderful! They kept the wedding going all night long! Their sound system was amazing and they truly were the best DJ's we have ever heard. Mike was our MC and he did a fabulous job of pumping up the crowd (not that they needed it) and playing all the songs we had requested! I would recommend LI Sound for any event that would require a DJ including a wedding! We also used their white system which made our room look awesome with all the different colors. They were professional and easy to work. They made our wedding better than we could have ever dreamt of. All the guests were saying how awesome they sounded and how great they were! Thanks for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 11/03/2013
  • Leslie & John

Leslie J. · Married on 10/18/2013

LOVE LI SOUND!! Chris is an absolute pleasure to work with. The value that we got from LI Sound is incredible and worth every penny! The entire staff that I've dealt with were always very friendly and professional.

When I first saw Gene sing live Frank Sinatra-type songs at a showcase, I knew I HAD to have him at my wedding! You just can't help but smile when he sings - it definitely brought a different element to the reception!

James (who was also our MC) is an incredible live performer. We love the live singer/acoustic guitar bar-vibe for our cocktail hour. As an MC, he is equally as incredible! His energy and personality definitely got the crowd up and dancing the entire night. Many of our guests had great things to say about James. He was just the right amount of energy that was appealing to all age groups. He clicked with us from the moment we met - knew exactly what type of party we wanted and delivered!!

The DJ was also great - played all the right music that we (and our guests!) wanted. All personal song choices were played without a hitch ... entrance songs, first dance, parent dances, etc.

We also booked the Super (Photo) Booth which was talk of the night!! We LOVED that we got a flash drive of all the pictures taken in the booth at the end of the night ... SO much fun!! The interactive booth made it so much more enjoyable for our guests and kept them going back in for more pictures! I was just bummed that John and I didn't get a session in the booth that night - we were just so distracted with everything else going on! We definitely could've used a reminder from the booth attendant ... but not a big deal!!

Sent on 11/04/2013