8 Reviews for Loloma Lodge

8 Loloma Lodge Reviews

0.5

FRAUD ALERT - I reserved a cabin at LoLoMa Lodge from December 22nd - December 25, 2017 - an approved transaction that was authorized and paid for (12.21.17 $601.45). They then charged my card for December 25th - December 27, 2017 ($384.30), an unauthorized fraudulent charge that the bank found them guilty of fraud after an extensive investigation - I was not on their property nor did I request to reserve those dates to stay. They were notified to reverse the charge on 1.2.18 after the card was canceled and a fraud claim made and blatantly disregarded the email and did not respond while leaving the charge intact prompting the investigation. Furthermore, our stay was uncomfortable at best so a fraudulent charge was certainly the cherry on top of this horrible stay. BE WARNED AND BEWARE.When we arrived, I met with your Grounds Manager who informed me the facility was newly acquired and woman owned. I love supporting woman owned businesses and understand there can be challenges embarking on new ventures and took this into consideration when we stumbled upon less than ideal conditions. First, the cabin was FREEZING and no care or consideration was given to our arrival and turning heat on in advance to warm the chill. The windows are clearly original and wind blows through them and the poorly maintained sliding door. We turned on the floor heaters and set a fire but the chill did not abate for nearly 24 hours. Second, the cabin was DIRTY - dirt on the floors, cobwebs in every room, pile of dirt in the dustpan in the kitchen and a smell of rotten meat as we entered. Third, the fireplace was old and smoke accumulated in the house making it difficult to breathe - we had to choose warmth over breathing in the end. The shower was ancient, tiny, dilapidated and disgusting and I opted not to use it out of disgust. The stove had a broken heating element and we shared in advance we intended to cook holiday meals there. Finally, the back outdoor light being broken.

Profile Picture Shannon, 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was great for our family celebration of life for our brother's passing. There were 30 of us and the owners could not of been more accommodating to make us feel welcome and use the entire facility for our needs. the cabins were attractive, clean and had everything we needed and the commercial kitchen equipment made it easy for us to prepare our meals. The lodge even has a full sound system which we used for streaming music and giving our speeches. I can't say enough about the lodge. It is perfect for any family gathering...we could all be together but everyone had their own space. We will definitely be back!

Profile Picture Maryjo, 7/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The setting is inviting, beautiful and serene for an outdoor venue. It invites wonder, interaction and gentility with the opportunity to have a really great, relaxing and FUN time.

Profile Picture Jane, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Unbelievable experience. The wedding weekend couldn't have been more perfect. Wallis, Tyrone and Oliver were the perfect hosts. They were there when we needed something and let us have the run of the place when we didn't. The property is truly a magical place.

Profile Picture Wade, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience was amazing. Great people to work with. True to their word, supportive, encouraging,and the place was beautiful. Very relaxing environment with lots of beauty. I would recommend this place to everyone. Couldn't have asked for a better place for ou daughters wedding!

Profile Picture Kim, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

To put it simply, Loloma Lodge exceeded all of our expectations for our wedding. Tyrone and Wallis were very accommodating and the facilities were excellent. We had a three day "festival" to celebrate our marriage. Friends and family camping out on the grounds and staying in the cabins. Campfires at night, riverside by day, we will absolutely be back as Loloma is a destination for us for years to come.

Profile Picture Jake, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The minute we stepped foot on this property we fell in love with it. We actually reserved the venue for our wedding before Wallis and Tyrone bought the property, unsure of who the new owners would be or what they would do with the venue. When we went out for our complimentary planning night to meet Wallis and Tyrone, they greeted us with a smile and the smiles never stopped. They were beyond accommodating, and responded promptly, even though we flooded their inbox with questions and concerns. They kept us at ease through the entire wedding planning process.
The weekend of our wedding Wallis and Tyrone stayed on the property and made themselves readily available for whatever we needed and let us do our thing without hovering. They were very professional and personable. They took the time to get to know some of our family members along the way as well.
This venue is a magical place, the property is the perfect place for any event. All of our guests were overwhelmed by its beauty and charm. I can't wait to go back and see this property continue to grow. Thank you so much Wallis and Tyrone for making our wedding day perfect!

Profile Picture Cevinah, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Videography, Wedding Planning

Love this lodge--reminds me of my childhood in the wilds of northern Wisconsin. Wallis, Tyrone and lil Oliver are the sweetest family EVER(well, besides MINE!).
I highly recommend it for whatever your needs are!

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 5/13/17, 1 Review