LOLA Event Productions Reviews

137 | Chicago, IL

137 Reviews for LOLA Event Productions

K · Married on 07/01/2017

We are so grateful for the opportunity to have Carly Carynski from Lola Event Productions as our Wedding Coordinator for our July 2017 wedding at the South Shore Cultural Center. As someone who works in events, I planned much of our wedding myself, but I was really nervous about the execution on the day of. I knew that I would have trouble getting out of event mode and just enjoying the day, so I did my research on wedding planning services and came upon Lola’s great reviews. Lori was quick to answer my email request and set me up with Carly C. After meeting with Carly, I knew I was in good hands, as she was solving logistical issues I hadn’t event thought of yet. We chose the Last Minute Lola package which provides services 60 days before the wedding, and includes Day Of services along with an assistant. Carly helped us create a timeline, managed all communication with the vendors for the two crucial months before the wedding, and directed our rehearsal. On the wedding day, Carly arrived early, made sure I was calm yet excited, and made sure everyone was in the right place at the right time. Her assistant made sure our buses were filled and coordinated the back and forth of the long ride from Mag Mile hotels to South Shore, ensuring all guests arrived on time. At the venue, Carly took care of every detail before I could even think of it. I remember specifically when she asked if I wanted the lights dimmed in the reception, and I thought wow yes I totally do, it was like she read my mind before it even came to me! She made the end of the evening seamless, taking care of our gifts, having our hotel room key ready in my husband’s suit jacket, our take home floral pieces in our hotel room, our cards in the safe, along with a kind note. Coming back after a whirlwind day to those thoughtful details really ended it perfectly. Carly C and the Lola team went above and beyond, and we are so very thankful. My only regret is not booking her to plan the entire thing!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Erin · Married on 06/17/2017

LOLA was the best decision we made and definitely worth every penny! Kirsty made every experience throughout the wedding process so enjoyable and easy! I couldn't imagine the process without her!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Jody · Married on 06/04/2017

When I got engaged, the first thing every former bride told me was to get a day-of coordinator. It will be the best money you spend they all said. They were right! We could not have been happier working with Michelle at Lola. Whether making herself available for any crazy questions during the planning process to managing everything on-site the day of with ease, she was a lifesaver! As someone who has planned several events in her career, I am PICKY. I need attention to detail, a no-nonsense attitude and someone who's client-oriented. Michelle is all these things! Plus, she's super knowledgeable about the Chicago wedding scene, has all the planning tools you could need and has a great relationship with many other vendors -- something that turned out to be invaluable for us in bringing the perfect day to fruition. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Kevin · Married on 05/28/2017

Lori and her team get it and excel at it. They understand the tough, tough challenges and the wonderful opportunities that come with this important day. She was a godsend to us. She got my daughter's ideas and helped make them a reality. Everyone that works for her -- band, photographer, decorator, hotel team and videographer, etc. -- loves and respects her. I would hire her again in a heartbeat. She loves what she does, you can trust her with anything. Hire her. Period. :)

Sent on 08/23/2018

Lori · Married on 03/18/2017

I can't say enough about Michelle! My husband couldn't understand why we needed a Day of Coordinator but I knew it would be 100% worth it and of course come the day before our wedding and the day of he finally got it! He was just as thankful as I was to have Michelle part of our day to make sure everything went off without a hitch! Being the type A person I am I would've never been able to enjoy myself but after working with Michelle I knew I had nothing to worry about. I was less stressed than I was on any normal day! Michelle went above and beyond helping me with little details I couldn't make decisions on to answering all my crazy email questions. If you are questioning wether you really need a planner I can tell you it will be worth every penny if you go with Lola and you will be in great hands if you are lucky enough to work with Michelle!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Jennifer · Married on 03/11/2017

The only planning advice I will give anyone is that they should hire Michelle. We worked with her as a day of coordinator and she was the absolute best part of the whole process. I have several friends getting married this year who chose other vendors, and I can say with absolute certainty that Michelle is above and beyond one of the best.
    She kept us organized throughout, provided helpful tips and planning tools, and did not overlook a single detail. All of the vendors we hired also had wonderful things to say about her. We got married in March and Michelle took over all vendor communications in January. By the time our actual wedding day rolled around, we had so much faith in her, we were able to really stay present and enjoy our wedding day.

Sent on 03/28/2017

Meagan · Married on 12/10/2016

I cannot recommend Lori Stephenson enough. If you're debating whether or not to hire a wedding planner--yes, you need one. And Lori Stephenson is the obvious choice. Her services will be the most valuable money spent during your entire wedding. She is charming, well connected and knows everything there is to know about the Chicago wedding scene. Because of this, she will help you get the most out of your money. She will make your planning experience absolutely effortless and dare I say almost enjoyable? She knows how to anticipate your needs before you even realize it and will instantly put you at ease about achieving any planning detail. She's always three steps ahead of you and allows for the minutiae of planning to go unnoticed by the bride and groom. She expertly reads the family dynamic and knows how to toe the line so the couple, parents and in-laws feel heard and included. Ultimately it is about the couple and she makes sure you get your dream wedding.
    The day of will run like a well oiled machine and she'll do it without an ounce of stress showing. Her expertise will allow you to take in the moment, be a participant and fully enjoy the day. I cannot speak highly enough about Lori Stephenson. She deserves far more accolades than this review can provide.

Sent on 12/22/2016

Meagan · Married on 12/10/2016

Sent on 12/22/2016
  • Y

Yogitha · Married on 11/11/2016

If you are hesitating on whether you want a wedding planner to help facilitate the ease of planning and organizing your wedding day, stop hesitating and have LOLA Event Productions create a proposal for you. Believe me when we say that from the moment we reviewed the proposal, there was no more hesitating. We were going to have a wedding planner and it was going to be through LOLA Events Productions. We have no idea how people can plan a wedding without LOLA. Lori is AMAZING. Her team is easy to work with. She took our ideas and vision to the next level, and it was beyond what we could have imagined. Everything was perfect, and went off without a hitch. All of our friends and family had a blast - so much so they want to have the same wedding every year!

We were able to communicate with Lori on a daily basis for more than a year. She was there for all of the big decisions- from decor, to the venue, to the catering. One of the the things we overlooked the most was how valuable her contacts were to us. Not only did Lori put us in touch with reputable companies, but it usually came with a discount just because we were clients of LOLA.

LOLA also provided us with the best organization tools throughout the entire planning process. It absolutely eased the process in terms of keeping track of our budget and knowing what items we could check off of our list as we got closer to the big day.

With out a doubt, the best money we ever spend throughout the entire wedding process was hiring LOLA to help plan our wedding. And with Lori, we feel as if we've made a new lifelong friend. Put your hesitations behind you and start planning your wedding with LOLA!

Sent on 01/30/2017

Megan · Married on 10/29/2016

I am a very lucky bride to have gotten the opportunity to work with such an amazing wedding planner. I met Daniela only 2 days after my engagement and we hit the ground running. With her help I think that we threw off the most perfect event of the year! She takes the time to understand your style and budget to transform your childhood dreams into a reality. Several of our guests said that this was by far the BEST wedding they have ever been to, and it wouldn’t have been possible with our Daniela and the LOLA team.

Sent on 12/20/2016

Sommer · Married on 10/15/2016

AMAZING! There really isn't another word to describe Michelle at Lola! I am not a planner...after "painstakingly" reaching out to a whopping 2 DJ companies, I threw my hands up and convinced my fiancee that a wedding planner was a necessity (not really knowing if that was true)...well it WAS! Michelle, from the beginning, was super approachable and down to earth. She listened to what we envisioned, helped us prioritize where we wanted to splurge, and where we could save, and was patient when we were completely baffled by all of the decisions that needed to be made! While we may have seemed pretty easy when it came to ultimately making decisions, it was only because every idea, vendor, mock-up, and detail was EXACTLY what we wanted. But beyond hooking us up with amazing vendors that contributed to the PERFECT wedding, she was super fun to work with. Now, when talking about day of....jeez! Our venue had a change of contact mid-wedding planning and Michelle made sure no detail fell through the cracks. I really could not have done it without her. She walked us through the 8 million little things we needed to know, plan for, and decide on, and she kept everything in check…including helping to bustle my dress! If anything went wrong day of (and I am sure it did), I certainly didn't know about it. The day and the night was all about fun, family, and friends...not a worry in the world! From the big (planning) to the small (making sure I had some water in between the wine), I truly cannot imagine having planned our wedding without Michelle. THANK YOU!!!!

Sent on 01/16/2017

Roberta · Married on 09/18/2016

Lori Stephenson was a delight to work with. She’s very organized, quick to respond, and thoroughly knowledgeable about the wedding scene in Chicago! Lori quickly understood what we wanted and was able to identify vendors that could meet our style, budget and schedule. Lori helped us plan a full weekend of good times for our guests. Sometimes she recommended vendors that she had a long standing relationship with and knew their capabilities, and sometimes she researched and identified someone new that fit our interests – in our case, a terrific band for the wedding! She helped design invitations that incorporated personal graphics. As Lori is friendly, efficient, and comprehensive, we avoided stress during all the planning, had a fabulous wedding, and enjoyed the wedding weekend without a worry.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Meredith · Married on 08/13/2016

I cannot recommend Lori Stephenson more highly. As a planner, she is everything you want and, more important, everything you need: she's organized, responsive, kind, and well-connected with, and respected by, vendors across Chicago. During the planning process, she was always present when we needed her, and on my wedding day itself, she expertly blended into the background, like a Wedding Wizard of Oz, making all the trains run smoothly from behind the curtain. My husband and I started planning our wedding from long-distance, orchestrated a cross-country move in the middle of our engagement and threw several other challenges Lori's way, but at no time did I feel anxiety that Lori wouldn't get the job done or wouldn't have our best interest at heart. When we chose her, I loved that she worked weddings of all sorts of couples and that each event seemed different. Lori has great style but she never imposes hers on you, which is such a gift. I told multiple people as we went through this process that Lori is the best friend I've ever paid for and I stand by that. We had the absolute best time at our wedding and guests were blown away by every element of the evening -- some even called it "magical" -- and for that, I'll always be grateful to Lori and her team.

Sent on 08/25/2016

Andrea · Married on 07/23/2016

Lori and her team are simply the best. She was always accessible whenever we had questions or concerns, and she always managed to alleviate or address them.

And boy, did we have a lot of crap come up. My wife and I were constantly dealing with wrenches and kinks in the process, usually from my side of the family, but Lori was able alleviate not only our concerns, but also my parents.

Lori's ideas were always in sync with what Andrea and I wanted. We got along fantastically, and I definitely wouldn't hesitate to refer people to her. She made great recommendations amongst vendors the way we expected. In choosing Lori, we expected her to make the best recommendations based on budget and choice, but she was also very accommodating and presented options if necessary.

Not only was Lori's planning on the wedding spot on, but she also did a fantastic job running the day of. Managing 400 people in a venue is tough, but Lori brought in extra people and even a native Chinese speaker for my family to help out.

Sent on 05/06/2017

Madeline · Married on 07/02/2016

My husband Pat and I got married on July 2nd this year at the Skyline Loft at the Bridgeport Arts Center. We hired Lori one year out, after we'd already settled the space and bar contracts. She was instrumental in making sure everything went as planned on the day/week of but she was also a crucial partner for us every step of the way through planning.

We could not have planned our wedding from out of town (NY) without Lori's guidance. We're busy people - having someone tell us what we needed to decide on and when, and then recommending a great set of options at each point for vendors based on conversations with us, was crucial. We went to Chicago a few times over the year before the wedding, but only for the most crucial vendor meetings - hair/makeup trials, catering, flowers. Lori helped make each weekend in town count and knocked out a bunch of decisions in one meeting.

All of our vendors that Lori recommended were fantastic - professional, understood what we wanted, and delivered. Finding all these vendors without Lori would have been a disaster - searching on your own only gets you so far and decision/research fatigue is real! Plus, Lori really listened to us about what we wanted and found us vendors who could provide the personal wedding we wanted, rather than a cookie cutter mold (and, even better, she provided guidance about things that we would have never thought about, had zero judgment about what we included or didn't include or the choices we made).

It was also especially helpful to have a planner who knew the space, what works there, and has a good relationship with the managers. It was a relief to have Lori handling most vendor communications/logistics. She truly made the day a seamless success! Thanks so much Lori!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Ellie · Married on 06/25/2016

Lori is the absolute best! She was incredibly professional and organized from the very beginning of the planning process to midnight after the wedding. Not to mention her poise, wit and kindness throughout the months of meetings, emails and phone calls. She organized an amazing team of carters, florists, transportation, videographers while also helping with the small, practical questions. Her creativity helped to pull together the most beautiful indoor spring garden wedding, more stunning than I ever imagined while planning. She is also incredibly detailed in what needs to be done, when, where, or who needs to be there. We were very very impressed with Lori and the entire LoLa team and could not imagine what we would have done without them!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Katie · Married on 06/24/2016

I felt lost as a young person getting married so I read LOLA's amazing reviews on google, wedding wire, etc and decided to give them a chance since my husband and I were planning a wedding in a different state than where we lived. To say they gave me a perfect wedding would be an understatement! I worked directly with Michelle K. who was an absolute God-sent. She was professional, flexible, and most of all organized. She knew all the answers about contracts and payments when I didn't, she made sure we stayed close to our budget, and above all she was an absolute joy to work with!
    Just to list a few things she did for us: She negotiated prices with vendors, made appointments for tastings, etc, kept a binder of all our contracts for reference, personally made all of our decor to make sure we stayed within our budget, made a timeline for us to keep track of deadlines, and brought a team the day of our wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly. She handled all of the "dirty work" so my husband and I could just enjoy the time together on our special day.
    Our wedding would not have been possible without Michelle which is why I give her and her LOLA team 5.0/5.0 stars.
    (Married on 6.24.16)

Sent on 07/18/2016

Patricia · Married on 05/21/2016

Lauren P. flawlessly coordinated our wedding day. Throughout the entire planning process, Lauren was quick to follow up to any question or email and responded with clear advice. We couldn't have been happier with end result--many of my guests told me they had never been to such a seemless wedding, and I agree.

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Lauren and her team. I would absolutely recommend working with Lauren to other couples.

Sent on 05/28/2016

Megan · Married on 05/21/2016

Hiring a planner from LOLA was one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process! We worked with Kristy Diana as our day of planner, and she did an absolutely fabulous job in helping us to get organized in the months before the wedding and then helping to ensure that our big day went VERY smoothly! She was essential in coordinating among all our different vendors and created a great schedule for our day for everyone to follow. Kristy clearly knew what she was doing and was a pleasure to talk to, and she provided us with invaluable peace of mind so that my husband and I and our families could focus on enjoying the day and not worry about schedules and logistics. Thank you so much, Kristy! :)

Sent on 08/24/2016

Patty · Married on 05/20/2016

Hiring Lori was the best thing we ever did! She made our daughter's wedding at the Adler Planetarium a huge success and an amazing event exceeding our expectations. We were able to enjoy the wedding because she had it covered from beginning to end, not only on the wedding day but months before with all the preparations. She is amazing, has exquisite taste, is on top of everything, she answers you immediately, her attention to detail is great, and we can keep going on and on. If you want to be stress free and want your event to be the best, then hire Lori! She is named one of the World's Best Wedding Planners by Vogue for a reason !

Sent on 06/01/2016

Meredith · Married on 04/02/2016

Getting a wedding planner isn't the best decision you can make about your wedding (after deciding the groom!). Getting the RIGHT wedding planner is. Choosing Lori and LOLA events was the best decision I made in the entire process, and here's why:

The wedding planner is the person who introduces you to every other vendor you work with generally (venue, floral, photography, catering, music etc...) and as such has out-sized influence on your entire experience, cost, and outcome. Being able to create a curated list of vendors who can execute perfectly on your vision and at your budget requires that your planner listen to you and understand your unique vision. Lori is superior at this rare and essential quality.

I interviewed over a dozen different planners. I'd done my research and knew what an average Chicago wedding cost, and average size. I wanted to be creative in certain areas, skipping certain items, so I could invite more people and focus on what I thought important. But I needed a guide through the Chicago wedding maze because I had to plan this while living in a different state, so I needed help.

But when I spoke with most planners, many immediately told me I'd need to cut my guest list. Lori was the *only one* who asked first, "what kind of wedding do you have in mind and what are your priorities?" She started by listening to me, and that feature paid off in dividends throughout.

She guided us in finding professionals in every area who were a perfect match and fit for our personality as a couple and our goals for our wedding. Your wedding should be what you want. Plain and simple. We wanted an epic party with all those we loved in attendance, superior photos, at a beautiful and unique Chicago venue, and got that in spades. We had an AMAZING wedding. Without Lori and LOLA, none of it would have been possible. She completely nailed it in every single area. An outstanding achievement.

Sent on 04/06/2016

Liz · Married on 03/12/2016

My husband and I worked with Lori to plan a wedding reception in March. We really had no idea what we were doing, and Lori was so wonderful and patient throughout the process. She was incredibly accessible, answered e-mails in minutes, has well-established connections with some of the best vendors in the city (aka discounts!!), and was very conscious of our budget. Lori has a wonderful aesthetic and planned a beautiful event for us. The entire process was so streamlined and easy - hiring Lori was the best decision we could have made.

Sent on 03/31/2016

All I have to say is ask for Kristy if you're looking for a day of wedding planner. She was 7 or 8 months pregnant at my wedding a few weeks ago and did not skip A BEAT. Everything was beyond perfect. I was also somewhat of a crazy bride in the sense that I OVER planned everything. I was 10 steps ahead of the game throughout my entire engagement and Kristy was on board with all my ideas and suggestions. She ensured each of the vendors were there on time ready to go and made sure my groom and I had the perfect wedding day.

Sent on 11/05/2015

LOLA Event Productions's reply:

Thanks for the kind words! I think that baby is going to come out ready to be a wedding assistant! Kristy loves what she does and it shows - we thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback.

Holly · Married on 10/10/2015

Words cannot express how much we loved working with Lori & her LOLA team at my daughter's wedding! From start to finish, Lori had everything covered! I did not worry about anything & was able to enjoy every second of my daughter's wedding.

Sent on 10/24/2015

Kristina · Married on 10/03/2015

We had a wonderful experience working with Lori Stephenson from LOLA Event Productions. Several of my friends had used LOLA for their wedding planning, so I knew I was in good hands.

Lori was organized, VERY knowledgeable, responsive, and so much fun to work with throughout the planning process. She completely understood my vision for a fall wedding at the Art Institute of Chicago and helped me execute a beautiful event within my budget. Lori and her team have lots of experience planning weddings in Chicago and therefore have solid relationships with the best vendors in the city. We could not have been more impressed with the vendors Lori introduced me to -- they all did a phenomenal job! Lori especially has a strong eye for design and had great direction and suggestions for cake and floral designs that turned out beautifully.

I was most impressed with how well everything flowed on the day of our wedding. We felt like we had nothing to worry about because Lori had everything handled -- while we were enjoying our day and night, Lori and her assistant were working tirelessly to make sure every little detail was perfect. And even though the day was hectic, Lori always had a smile on her face which reassured me that everything was going according to plan.

Thank you Lori and LOLA for your help! You're amazing.

Sent on 10/17/2015