LoLa Beauty Reviews

LoLa Beauty 6
LoLa Beauty 7
  • Kaylee

Kaylee · Married on 07/13/2019

Went above and beyond, I felt like a princess!

Lola beauty is amazing!! They have a big team and they can be a little difficult to get ahold of, however day of our hair and makeup was phenomenal! They were so flexible and kind! Codi (our makeup artist) stayed late to make sure everyone was perfect and we were so grateful! They brought everyone’s vision to life and wouldn’t hesitate to highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/24/2019
    LoLa Beauty 8
    LoLa Beauty 9
    LoLa Beauty 10
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 10/13/2018

Prompt, professional, and efficient!

Lola definitely lived up to their previous reviews! Overall, they were wonderful to work with from start to finish. The only con is that they are a little overpriced in my opinion and their representative couldn't really provide a solid rationale for why certain things were priced so high when I asked (e.g. why the bride's price is so expensive). Aside from that they knocked it out of the park on my wedding day for me and my other TEN ladies. I was nervous about them fitting in hair and makeup for so many people so they were flexible with starting earlier and getting an additional person a month or so out from my event. I really appreciated that! They were so efficient with completing each of the services though. This is not to say that they rushed and didn't do a good job. Everyone looked fabulous! They showed up on time and were polite with my girls. Their customer service throughout was excellent making the whole process VERY easy. Other vendors I worked with were either hard to get a hold of or get a timely response, but they were very quick with any questions of mine. I would definitely recommend them if you want a team that you know will be professional and do a fantastic job! Thank you, Lola!

Sent on 10/30/2018
    LoLa Beauty 11
    LoLa Beauty 12
    LoLa Beauty 13
    LoLa Beauty 14
    LoLa Beauty 15

Leah · Married on 09/24/2016

Some vendor searches went super easy and others did not. My hair and makeup search was a little rocky until I found LoLa Beauty. They were flexible, super responsive, and great at what they do. We had 14 women getting hair and/or make up done the morning of my wedding, and everyone looked great! I would recommend LoLa Beauty again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2016

I loved working with Lorena! She did an amazing job on everyone's makeup - it stayed beautiful all night! Everyone'/ hair looked amazing too and even though it was hot - my hairstyle held its curl and looked nice until our wedding exit!!!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Rachel · Married on 09/03/2016

They were incredible - they took care of me, my bridesmaids, and the mother of the bride/groom. Their makeup is impeccable and willing to make any touch-ups that were needed, as well as worked on the fly when I decided to change what I wanted two hours before walking down the aisle.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Brianna · Married on 10/18/2015

Lola Beauty made me feel beautiful and confident. They were lovely to work with and well worth it!

Sent on 03/28/2016

Loved the whole experience and would use lorena again in a heartbeat for both hair and makeup. She's really talented.

Sent on 06/09/2015

LoLa Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much for the review!

Angela · Married on 12/19/2015

Lauren was my hairstylist and make-up artist for my big day, and I was SO HAPPY that she was there to transform me into a beautiful bride! Right from our consultation, she really listened to what I wanted -- super natural make-up so that I feel like myself in photos and in person. I don't normally wear make-up, so it was very important to me that it didn't look heavy and overdone. Right from the make-up hair trial, Lauren provided professional input on the length of eyelash extensions, the color of eye shadows, and lipstick color. I showed her a Pinterest picture of how I wanted my hair, and it looked fantastic! Just remember to take pictures of all the things you liked during your consultation (and take additional notes) so that you can show it to her on the day of. Overall, LOVED my airbrushed make-up and beautiful hairstyle done by Lauren. I felt gorgeous and comfortable on my wedding day -- make-up and hair were intact the entire day, even when our entire wedding party rode around in a trolley taking pictures of Austin landmarks! My bridesmaids all loved their hair and make-up too and appreciated the other stylist's (forgot her name) responsiveness to the changes that they wanted done to their hair or make-up. A definite recommend to all brides!

Sent on 07/24/2016

Haley · Married on 04/06/2018

3.0

Luna at Lola Beauty was the best. I'm not an "all natural" bride. I wanted bold colors that would last all night - no time for touchups! She gave me exactly what I asked for. But word if advice, I brought my own long-lasting lipstick so I was familiar with how long it stayed and only needed one touchup after dinner.
    Thank goodness I did the trial too because after the trial my hairpiece fell out quickly but I let her know and brought other hair pieces on the wedding day and she made it work! Everything stayed perfectly!!! Definitely book them, worth the money to know your look will be everything you want!

Sent on 05/14/2018
    LoLa Beauty 16

Kate · Married on 10/28/2017

Lauren did my hair and makeup trial, and she was very helpful in changing my hair several times until it looked just how I wanted it to. Unfortunately, somehow on wedding day it came out a little different because she had to accommodate the veil I was going to wear, but that’s ok. On our wedding day they arrived on time and got everyone ready ahead of schedule, which is good that we weren’t late but I wish they had timed it a little better and came later because they finished very early, before the photographer had even arrived, so we didn’t get to take any getting ready pictures.

Sent on 12/29/2017
    LoLa Beauty 17

Bailey · Married on 11/12/2016

LoLa is incredibly talented! They can give a bride any look she wants. They are fun and the best of the best!! A thousand times would recommend them!!!

Sent on 11/15/2016
  • Danita

Danita · Married on 09/20/2015

Lauren was awesome. She was fun to work with and did a great job! For my bridal portraits, she made me look like a model, it was incredible. I loved it and wanted the same kind of look for my wedding day with a more smoky eye look. She did an incredible job on my makeup f or the wedding day, and I could not be more pleased. My hair was absolutely perfect for my bridals. I wanted the same look, but with more of a face frame for the wedding day, which she pulled off. Only 2 complaints… my wedding day hair fell quite a bit despite the usual amount of bobby pins, but I was encouraged that it still looked great, and the touch up kit with the “full size lip product” that was supposed to be included was only good for one touch up because the brush dried out, no other touch up stuff supplied. Don’t get me wrong, I loved my look, I just wish it had lasted through the wedding. It lasted all day through the bridals, so it was probably just a fluke. Despite the hair falling, and the lighter lips, I still looked fabulous. I HIGHLY recommend Lola!

Sent on 09/29/2015

4.2
      3.0

Lauren is absolutely awesome! She was not only extremely warm, friendly, and easy to talk to but she did an incredible job on our wedding day makeup. After the consultation she was able to make the changes I wanted for my day of wedding look. I was more than pleased with her work. I have already recommended her to several friends who also used her for their wedding makeup and hair and they were also pleased. I will use Lauren every time I need makeup in the future! Thank you Lauren!

Sent on 03/17/2015

3.4
      3.0

I was looking forward to working with LoLa because I had read nothing but rave reviews for them. Unfortunately, my experience was nothing to rave about.
    They do great makeup, but I can't recommend their hair services. We had to redo THREE hair-dos before the ceremony, and sprayed the others with cheer-leading hair spray to avoid having to redo them.
    I was disappointed with LoLa and the way they made me feel on my wedding day.

Sent on 07/23/2015

LoLa Beauty's reply:

We are so sorry about your experience! Our primary focus is the satisfaction of our clients and it affects us greatly if you aren't happy. Please email us so we can better understand what happened in order to better ourselves in the future.

Erica · Married on 04/18/2014

3.4
      3.0

LoLa Beauty provided hair and makeup services for me, my bridal party and my mother on April 18th, 2014. My wedding started at 6pm with the reception immediately following the ceremony.

My hair do was supposed to be an old hollywood hairstyle, but all I got was curls that fell after an hour. I did not get the style I wanted at all which is saddening. Had I known that Lauren couldn't do the hairstyle I wanted then I would have done it myself. Unfortunately, there wasn't time before my ceremony to do my hair over. My mother's hairstyle also fell after an hour. Her requested hairstyle was down curled/flipped at the ends with some volume at the top (nothing complicated). My matron of honor had half of her hair up and that piece that was up fell, so her hair doesn't look fixed it any of my reception photos. Clearly, if you want any hairstyles with hair down for yourself or your party - don't count on it being what you want or lasting more than an hour.

However, my 3 bridesmaids had updo hairstyles and they were absolutely gorgeous! Plus, they stayed looking flawless all night. I would recommend LoLa Beauty for updo hairstyles.

I believe my wedding party liked their makeup. If they didn't, they did not complain to me about it. Even though my makeup looked nothing like the photo I showed, it was pretty. I liked Lorena a lot. Overall, I think she is a talented makeup artist.

Sent on 05/03/2014
  • Celeste

Celeste · Married on 04/14/2019

2.6

Subpar services

I wish I didn't have to write this but now that I've had some time to reflect on our wedding which took place 4 months ago, it's time. I would basically do anything to go back in time to not use Lola on my wedding day.

1) The reality is that I waited until 3 months out to book my hair
    & makeup which made it hard to book my first choice (ALWAYS BOOK AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE!) Lola was nice enough to fit me in but their responsiveness was seriously below average as it was so difficult to get in touch with anyone by phone from the get-go. For that reason, everything was basically done via email which often involved delayed responses from the Lola team, even up until a few days before my wedding. In fact, I had to be the one chase them down to schedule my trial.

2) Most importantly, my makeup artist made me feel very unwelcome from the first moment I walked in the door for my trial. It honestly felt like she had better things to do than build rapport with her client during a trial which was part of a package that I paid A LOT of money for. Both her and her colleague had very negative energy which I tried to brush off. However, this was the same on my wedding day. On the day-of, all you want is an artist that CARES and will make you feel as beautiful as possible as a bride, but I honestly can't say this. I felt like she rushed my services and had no interest in playing an integral part of my day. By the time my photos were done (before the ceremony) my hair was already falling apart and my makeup had smudged. On top of this, my artist had assumed I had brought my own "hair donut" for my up-do which I had never been asked to do. For this reason, my hair was not as secure as it should have been since she didn't bring a back up.

The reality is that I have looked more beautiful on any other given day than on my own wedding day which is not how a bride should feel. My hair and makeup were genuinely subpar for the price I paid and this is evident in the photos I've received from our photographer. I would give anything to go back and use another artist / team.

Do yourself a favor and book a different vendor.

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Alyssa

James Bargsley · Married on 07/04/2019

1.0

Do not book or book with CAUTION

I am writing this review with a heavy heart. My expectations for Lola Beauty were high, but unfortunately – they failed in providing a service I paid a hefty $1800s for. At first, they would not honor their promotion on the website of 10% when my wedding was on a Thursday. I drove to pay in cash for their 3% discount – an arrange meeting set a week before and no one was staffed there and they “forgot” to notify me. Lastly on my wedding day, the artists were told to go to the wrong venue. We had to wait an extra hour for the artists to arrive, and they provided an additional artist at no cost that was not trained to style hair but ended up having to because we ran out of time. My sisters were upset at how they hair went flat within an hour. The artists were lovely, very nice, respectful and very apologetic. Use caution when booking this company because it is a very expensive decision. Know this unorganized company did not offer any return compensation for their lack of service and mismanagement.

Sent on 10/10/2019