96 Reviews for Lois Heckman, Celebrant

Jewish (2)
Catholic (1)
Methodist (1)
Agnostic (1)

Lois is absolutely amazing!! She went above & beyond to make sure we had the most perfect wedding day. She wrote a beautiful ceremony that fit my husband and I so well. Our whole family loved how intimate and special she made our day. I most of had a hundred questions and Lois always answered right away and helped with whatever we needed. I wish I could relive our wedding over & over again. Harmony gardens is such a beautiful & magical place!

Profile Picture Theresa, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Lois officiated our small wedding ceremony of 13 people. She was very responsive from our initial contact and throughout the entire process. She took the time to get to know us and listen to what we wanted to include in the ceremony. She provides a rough draft of the ceremony well before the wedding date and is very receptive to any changes requested. She is an eloquent speaker and we couldn't have been happier with the final outcome. Our family and friends all agreed it was the perfect ceremony. Thanks Lois!

Profile Picture Allison, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Lois did a wonderful job for our ceremony on 10/21/17. We got so much positive feedback on our ceremony. I knew right away that Lois was the right fit for us because she spent time getting to know us & made our ceremony beyond special. Highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Lois is absolutely wonderful. She made my day so special and customized. She was open to hearing our thoughts and opinions. She was flexible, considerate, and extremely professional. Harmony gardens was just lovely. The amount of time and dedication she put into our ceremony is unparallel. Highly recommend!!!!

Profile Picture Kelly , 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Lois was great! She performed a beautiful ceremony for our daughter's wedding. She was flexible with the time of the ceremony and was able to adapt quickly when a family member could not attend at the last minute.
The venue Harmony Gardens was perfect!

Profile Picture Sherry, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Lois performed a wonderful ceremony for us. Our guests really enjoyed it. I am so happy we did our own vows and how it made it so much more personal for the two of us. Lois did a great job on capturing our story and sharing it with everyone, It was everything we wanted, since we wanted to keep the religious and church vibe out of it. She was very helpful along the way with any questions we had or tips to help write our vows. Her positive energy and laid back manner made it so easy to work with her and made the experience that much more enjoyable and natural on us. Thank you for that! We had a great time at our wedding and the day was everything we hoped and wanted it to be. I still can't believe how it poured for the ceremony and was gone for the cocktail hour!!!
Thanks again Lois and be well!

Profile Picture Christine, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Lois was super amazing at officiating our wedding. Took time to hear our story and learn who we are as people, integrated that perfectly into the ceremony. Very responsive and flexible when it came to any concerns we had or things we wanted to alter. Was also able to recommend a ton of different ceremony traditions (union candle, for example) which was super awesome, let us find one which was right for us. Lois is 100% QUALITY! Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Lois was absolutely amazing every step of the way!!! We were unsure how our family would take us not being in a church. But every family member and guest said how amazing she was and how beautiful our ceremony was. She even want to pick up our marriage license for us. Can say enough amazing things about her!!!!!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I loved Lois, talking to her on the phone I knew she was perfect for what we wanted. The most important part of your wedding day is the ceremony. She created a ceremony for us that included all we are, how we got to our wedding day and our vows for the future. You can not put a price on that. Remember: You have friends and family at the ceremony who may not have the opportunity to know your "love story" (cliche I know) and since you are including them in your special day let Lois help tell your story. Fyi our mothers loved their special moment of getting their flowers handed to them in the middle of the ceremony and our unity tree is being planted as we speak

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Lois created the most beautiful wedding ceremony for us. It was everything we had hoped for it to be and even a little more! She met with us to understand what we wanted in our ceremony and gave us lots of ideas to think about to include in our ceremony. She included the few things that we wanted in our ceremony perfectly. After reading the first draft of the ceremony, I knew we picked the best!

On our wedding day, she delivered the ceremony with such enthusiasm and happiness! While walking around to our guests during the reception, we received so many compliments on the ceremony! We highly recommend Lois!

Profile Picture kaitlyn, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Lois was a pleasure to work with. She really took the time to write and plan a beautiful service that fit us perfectly. We are so grateful for her help in making our celebration taylored just for us. Thank you so much, Lois!

Profile Picture Lori, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My wife and I can not thank Lois enough for wonderful care in the crafting of our ceremony and her wonderful attention to detail! Lois made the whole process associated with the ceremony and the crafting of our vows simple and an absolute pleasure. Her experience was invaluable and she was always a phone call or email away. I would highly recommend Lois's services as our ceremony was flawless and exactly how my wife and I pictured it! We can not thank Lois enough for being an integral part of our day!!!

Profile Picture Jacob, 12/31/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows

Lois was a wonderful officiant. She met with us once, then through email and phone conversations tailored our ceremony to be exactly what we wanted. We couldn't have been happier! Several of our guests commented on how personal and special our ceremony was because of her.

Profile Picture A, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Lois was great. I cannot say enough good things about her. She made our ceremony so incredibly special. She took the time to meet with us and to continue to stay in touch with us from our first meeting until the day of our wedding. We filled out a few things for her and then she transformed what we said into the most beautiful wedding ceremony. We told her that we wanted people to walk away from the ceremony and say "wow" and they absolutely did. We have gotten compliment after compliment about how great and personal our ceremony was. It was exactly what we wanted when we first started thinking about our wedding. I would encourage any couple looking for somebody to marry them to start with Lois. I cannot imagine that there is somebody out there that could do better. She was just great.

Profile Picture laura, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We couldn't have found a better celebrant than Lois! She was extremely kind, clear, and helpful throughout the planning process and was willing to work with us to make the ceremony perfect. Living across the country, we didn't even get to meet her face-to-face until the day of the wedding. However, that was never a problem at all - she was so responsive and knowledgable via phone and email that it wasn't even necessary to meet. One of the best services she offers is that she will write your ceremony speech early on and give you time to read and critique it with her until it's just the way you want it - no surprises and no stress! All I can say is that our ceremony ended up wonderful, a lot thanks to Lois. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a fun, loving, and creative celebrant to make their day perfect!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 9/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Lois was absolutely wonderful to work with. She truly cares about every couple who she marries. Therefore, she puts significant time and effort into ensuring that your ceremony exceeds your (and your guests) expectations. Lois was able to take our love story and portray it so beautifully. She will always now hold a special place in our hearts for helping to make our wedding day so perfect! If you are looking to have the most exceptional ceremony, then have Lois officiate your wedding.

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 8/27/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

If you’re looking for a custom ceremony, then you need to contact Lois Heckman. There are so many wonderful aspects to working with Lois and having her officiate your wedding; it’s hard to decide where to begin. We knew we wanted a ceremony that was unique and shared more about our relationship, finding Lois was the perfect answer. From the 1st phone conversation, we knew Lois was the Celebrant to give us the ceremony of our dreams. She opened her home to us for our 1st meeting, to allow her to get to know us, and we to get to know her. One thing I really appreciated was something Lois said during that meeting; she doesn’t book at the first meeting, she wants the couple to sleep on it and be sure it was the right fit. It was definitely the right fit and we eagerly booked her the next day. If you’re considering a smaller celebration, located on her beautiful property is a private ceremony site, Harmony Gardens, we did not utilize this space but it is enchanting! From there, Lois requests the completion of bride & groom questionnaires to help develop a personalized ceremony; this was a little daunting to complete at first but we actually had a wonderful time reminiscing and sharing our responses after Lois provided her first draft. We were able to make as many edits as necessary (there weren’t many, Lois nailed it in the first draft). Her kit provided many suggestions on vows, unity rituals, marriage regulations, etc. Lois supported us in determining a unity ritual that perfectly matched our personalities and devoted relationship, she also offered encouraging words when moments of stress arose. Lois arrived to our venue early to ensure everything was going smoothly and to finalize our marriage certificate, her wealth of knowledge and personality is very comforting. Our guests are still raving about how wonderful the ceremony was, many have said, it’s the best ceremony they have ever witnessed. We have Lois (telling our story) to thank for that.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/20/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Matt and I were married 6/4/2016! We had such a wonderful experience with Lois. She is beyond professional, and she had so many wonderful suggestions to really customize our ceremony. I am one who is not too religious, and I did not want many religious references in my ceremony. Lois was able to really work around this and she made it more spiritual, which was fantastic! The ceremony was so personal and close to the both of us, we were so pleased with how it came out. We had several guests let us know that they appreciated the thoughtfulness and how personal it was. It was truly a joy and honor to have Lois officiate our service! She is a gem!!!
Kassy Shenberger

Profile Picture Kassy, 6/4/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, Non-religious, Customized Vows

Lois did an amazing job getting to know my husband and I through the interview process. She was able to personalize our interfaith ceremony to really bring out our relationship. Even the day of when we were worried about the rain, she quickly cut out a few parts of the ceremony just in case it rained! She made the process really easy and we were able to approve the entire ceremony well before our wedding day!

Profile Picture Dara, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Lois is the BEST! My husband and I were married by Lois at her lovely Harmony Gardens area by her home...beautiful landscaping, including flowers, natural water fountain, nearby pond, large gazebo with a natural stone floor, an altar rock. Amazing experience! Lois customizes each of her ceremonies to fit every couple individually. She really appreciates the importance of each ceremony she officiates. She is very understanding, friendly, helpful, and creative - and she responds QUICKLY to any communication you send her way, whether by e-mail, phone, or regular mail. She even helped my husband and I (as well as all of our guests) feel more at ease and less nervous about our special day - we cannot recommend her highly enough! P.S. We felt the services Lois provides are a wonderful value for what you receive.

Profile Picture Karen, 5/21/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination, Customized Vows

On behalf of my wife and I, I can undoubtedly say that Lois was the key that made our day both memorable and special in every detail. As we all know, planning a wedding in any capacity can be a bit stressful, however Lois possesses a unique ability to make everyone in her presence feel welcomed and calm. She made our ceremony one of the most memorable not only for us, but everyone in attendance. We could not have asked for a better day in a better environment.
I HIGHLY recommend her and Harmony Gardens for your special day!!!

Profile Picture Dwain, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

One phone call with Lois will be enough to tell you that she is extremely passionate about her work and likely the right choice for an officiant - it was for us! Lois was incredibly easy to work with and we found we had a lot in common with her. She really took the time to get to know us and wrote a custom ceremony that reflected our individual personalities and us as a couple. Lois was happy to change things when we asked her to and made a strong effort to incorporate traditions and aspects of the ceremony that reflected us and our family heritages. Her attention to detail and commitment to making our ceremony perfect left me worry free which was greatly appreciated!

We really knew we'd made the right choice in Lois when we met her in person a few months before the wedding, but that was confirmed even more when all of our guests RAVED about the ceremony. They loved how personalized it was to us and many people mentioned that it really set the tone for a fabulous rest of the day. You won't regret choosing Lois as your wedding officiant!!

Profile Picture Allison, 4/9/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Non-religious

Lois was the perfect celebrant for us at our interfaith wedding on January 9, 2016. I am so glad that we met her and were able to have her officiate our wedding at the Stroudsmoor Country Inn. We initially met her at her home and talked about what we wanted our wedding to be and feel like, about our relationship and about our different faith beliefs. Lois sent us home with some paperwork and a questionnaire that we each individually filled out and then Lois somehow put all of our information together into the most touching, personalized ceremony that I could have ever imagined. Our wedding took place outdoors on a covered patio in the winter, and Lois was very professional and energetic about the experience. The wedding ceremony was beautiful and since we already had some kind of clue as to how it would go and what would be said, we weren't as nervous and could really enjoy the experience and be present in the moment. Many friends and family mentioned the wonderful job that Lois did after the ceremony and said that they really had an emotional experience during the wedding and how ours had been the best wedding ceremony they had ever attended. I believe they felt this way because of how personalized and sincere our ceremony felt to them and how perfectly Lois's words and explanations of the different faith elements she put together for us combined our two faiths (Jewish/Christian) into a cohesive ceremony that made everyone feel included.

Profile Picture Autumn, 1/9/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Jewish, Methodist, Customized Vows, Interfaith Ceremony

Lois Heckman is absolutely wonderful! My husband and I chose Lois as our Officiant, or Celebrant since we come from different religious backgrounds and wanted a ceremony that would work with both of our beliefs. She customized and created the perfect ceremony for us that was unique and meaningful. We would highly recommend Lois to other couples!!

Profile Picture Melanie, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews