Loft 28 West Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Erin
    Erin H. Married on 08/03/2022

Perfect wedding experience!

Besides the venue itself being classic and absolutely a beautiful space, the people are amazing to work with! Joanne, Rachael and Helen are all pros and they made our wedding day just the way we wanted it to be. Better, actually. We were so happy when we arrived and saw how beautifully everything was decorated. It made the space come alive and it was so homey and welcoming. They are super creative and very attentive to details all night long. We highly recommend having a wedding here. Our guests loved it as well.
    Shawntia R. Married on 10/16/2021

Absolute Perfection!

If you are considering Loft 28 West as your wedding venue...DO IT! Trust me you will not regret it. The loft space comes with beautiful chandeliers and furniture that looks like it came straight out of Restoration Hardware. You get to choose which pieces to use/remove for your event. Our package included food, drinks, tables, chairs, linens, vintage china, flatware, and stellar service! A real one stop shop! The venue manager Joanne and her assistant Sara are super accommodating which made our wedding planning experience a breeze. These ladies went above & beyond our expectations in every way. They were professional and made sure every detail of our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were executed to perfection. Our guest had nothing but positive things to say from start to finish. The drinks were picture perfect. They made sure my husband's signature drink - the Old Fashion - was served with a single oversized ice cube. He was extremely pleased by this. The food was amazing. I especially loved the fish with pesto sauce.
    My husband and I truly appreciated the amount of care, patience, and attention to detail provided by the Loft 28 West team. They were awesome from start to finish. Joanne & Sara are the best!
    Molly H. Married on 05/22/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I can’t say enough about about The Loft 28 West—10/10!

Joanne, Rachael, Helen, Sarah, and team exceeded my expectations for my special day. They did all they could to ensure every little detail was perfect not only for me, but for all of the wedding guests as well. Absolutely wonderful people to work with!

The venue space was GORGEOUS ( both levels!) and the food was delicious. My wedding guests are still raving.

Don’t think twice—book The Loft 28 West for your special day!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Lori H. Married on 05/22/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

May sound corny, but the Loft 28 West truly made my daughter and son-in-law’s wedding dream come true!

Planning a wedding is an exciting time, but also can be very stressful. (Especially during a pandemic!) The search for a perfect place that is willing to work with you to achieve your dream day is not an easy task. I can not say enough about the experience we had working with the Loft 28 West. They are a professional group of people who really make it their goal to achieve your expectations. My daughter and son-in-law had to postpone two times. When they finally were able to plan ahead, the staff was so happy for them and they did not miss a beat! We had a couple of hiccups in our planning and, at one point, Joanne, was actually willing to marry them!! Phil, the owner, takes great pride in his business and has an excellent staff to support him. Joanne, Rachel, Sara, Eddie and Joe are all wonderful people. They put together a wonderful wedding and I can’t thank them enough!
    Keri P. Married on 04/03/2021

Beyond Amazing

I had to change venues due to COVID and it was a blessing in disguise. After seeing photos of a friend’s wedding at Loft28West, I was sold. The food was beyond amazing and the staff was phenomenal. I continue to get compliments from guests. I would recommend the Loft28West to anybody looking for a venue.
    Karissa B. Married on 11/07/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing. Best choice ever.

We couldn’t have picked a better venue to host our wedding. Loft28west was the most accommodating and flexible. Their staff did an amazing job - well exceeding our expectations by making our vision come to reality.
    Alison R. Married on 10/03/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Our wedding at Ballydoyle was wonderful! The decorations were beautiful, the food was delicious, and the bartender was phenomenal!

Planning was very easy with Joanne and Rachael and they took care of everything! They helped us plan it with both indoor and outdoor options. They made sure our wedding went off without a hitch! We had a great time and so did all of our guests! I would highly recommend them! Our day was the best!!!
    Ashley Married on 11/14/2020
    4.8 out of 5 rating

November Wedding

Loft28West did not disappoint! Besides helping us pull off our dream wedding during a worldwide pandemic…they offered so much more! The space is beyond gorgeous and everything we could have dreamed of. They helped make our simplistic vision come true! The bar options are unheard of and the food was absolutely amazing! One year later and we still have people raving about the food and drinks at our wedding! To top it off, they provided my husband and I a special 1 year anniversary dinner to recreate our favorites from our perfect day! We can’t thank them enough for making our wedding perfect and would highly recommend to all!
  • Layla
    Layla B. Married on 07/17/2021
    4.4 out of 5 rating

Great Loft & Decor

When we lost our original venue due to an unexpected closure, we reached out to Loft 28 and they immediately scheduled a call/facetime (since I traveled for work and was not able to do in person walk through at first). They have in house catering but due to my circumstances they allowed me to keep the caterer we already had booked and worked directly with the Caterer for all/any coordination logistics. They have great options for bar packages, table sizes/layouts, chair colors, linen colors, some additional decoration pieces you can utilize, furniture you can move around (or not use) and an AMAZING Cocktail space downstairs. They also have these beautiful drapery options to be able to hide sections when the space is being used for both the ceremony and reception (which is what we chose to do).
  • Jessica
    Jessica G. Married on 03/20/2021
    3.8 out of 5 rating

Repeat Customer

My fiancé and I had a chance to view this place at a benefit. It’s located on the Fox River in Historic Downtown Aurora, IL and is absolutely beautiful. It’s been newly renovated and they did a great job restoring its old historic beauty. It has an elevator to get up to the loft and they offer valet parking. It’s also just above the very popular Irish Bar, Ballydoyle. The owner is awesome and the staff there is great! We would have loved to have our wedding here but unfortunately we are on a tight budget and their prices are a little higher than we are willing to spend but within the average wedding price range.
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 09/20/2019
    3.4 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating

The venue was gorgeous and everything we wanted it to be day of

We chose Loft 28 because we loved the fact that there was an Irish bar below. The venue itself was gorgeous and everything we wanted it to be day of.

However, we were planning a long distance wedding and the lack of communication and long response times added an additional stress I wish we didn’t have.