Lodge on Lake Lure Reviews

2 | Lake Lure, NC

2 Reviews for Lodge on Lake Lure

Kathryn · Married on 04/23/2016

The rooms are wonderful, the view is beautiful, and the food amazing (even by western NC foodie standards). We rented several of the rooms at the Lodge for our wedding guests, as well as held our rehearsal dinner there. Sarah was an absolute pleasure to work with; both my father and I were thrilled with her communication, attention to detail, and flexibility. The dinner, drinks, and hors d'oeuvres were all delicious, and the chef was very willing to cater to us; we had difficulty making decisions with so many wonderful options. I'm sure we weren't the easiest customers, as our reservations continued to change and we had different people in the rooms each night, but they worked with us in every way. We will absolutely be recommending the Lodge as a place to stay for any visiting friends or relatives in the future. Thank you for such a wonderful experience!

Sent on 07/06/2016
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/01/2016

The Lodge on Lake Lure is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Tucked away on a side curvy road, we were unsure if this was the place for us when pulling in. However, the moment me and my now husband sat down to talk with the event coordinator and we knew this was the place for us. The staff is one of the best asset of this location. They went above and beyond any of my expectations and dove forward with my direction to create our wedding dream. They treated me like a princess. The added bonus of reserving all available rooms for our guests gave our wedding party the run of the house for the entire weekend. Having everyone in one spot made communication to go smoothly all weekend long and enabled us to enjoy the time with our friends and family even more. The Chef coordinated with us one on one for our menu to provide something which we were completely happy with- locally sorced. We were even able to create our breakfast menu with the Chef (in-house cured bacon is all I need to say!) All our guest are continually raving about the venue and food even months after the big day has come and gone. Only negative on the venue is the amount of stairs which were problematic for a few of our guests, but once your down on the deck area, you don't have to go back up till your ready to leave. Parking is an issue, but we were able to hire, through the Lodge, transportation service for all our guests to and from the major hotels in the Lake Lure area. The Lodge was truly an all inclusive wedding destination. The Events Coordinator was fantastic- anything we wanted she helped us envision and make reality and I am truly blessed to have had her in my corner. I could not image our wedding day anywhere else. Our wedding photos are fantastic and look as if they were pulled from a magazine- not one bad photo all weekend long, with the beautiful lake and mountains in all our photos. We love the Lodge and look forward to many anniversary trips in the future.

Sent on 03/15/2017