Local Motion of Boston Reviews

48 | Braintree, MA

48 Reviews for Local Motion of Boston

• Anne Marie

Anne M. · Married on 12/30/2011

Local Motion of Boston was very responsive when we first contacted them and throughout the planning process. They were so great to work with and on the day of the wedding they were prompt and courteous. They did two trips for us from the hotel to the church and then back to the hotel and managed to get all the guests where they needed to be on time.

Sent on 01/01/2012

Margaret · Married on 09/16/2017

Local Motion was great! I booked the school bus shuttle for our wedding initially about 8 months in advance. Sometime between the initial booking and about a month in advance, my initial contact left. They have tons of systems in place for booking and managing bookings so transferring me to a new POC was very easy. They also have a great system for sharing the transport details with clients, so I knew exactly what instructions the bus driver was given and was able to change them.

I will say my new contact didn't respond to some of my emails the week of the wedding which made me nervous, however he was very responsive and friendly once I called him. If I could do it over I would have called earlier in the week so I wasn't stressing for a day or so leading up to the wedding - but all in all great service and I would definitely use them again!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Claudia · Married on 07/20/2013

Working with Local Motion of Boston to rent 2 activity buses to transport wedding guests went perfectly. They answered all my questions via email & over the phone promptly. Our wedding was a very hot July afternoon. Some guests were concerned about the heat & if the bus had AC. When guests arrived & got off the buses they appreciated the very well cooled buses & smiled at the goose bumps on their arms that quickly disappeared. My only concern was that 1 wk prior to our event when I emailed my correspondent at the company to confirm details, I was informed with an auto-reply email that the employe no longer worked for the company. I left a voicemail & wrote an email immediately concerned about connecting with someone to make sure any loose ends were tied. A few days later, I was contacted and informed everything was fine, but I'm glad I called to confirm. Thanks very much for keeping our guests cool & happy, & arriving to our wedding as we scheduled!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Rebecca · Married on 09/03/2011

We rented a medium sized school bus for our wedding party of 25. The company was extremely prompt and accurate in their timing of getting everyone where we needed them to be. The value can't be beat and we loved the fun alternative mode of transpoprtation!

Sent on 10/26/2011

Erika · Married on 08/07/2010

We rented a School Bus to transport our guests from the Holiday Inn Rockland to Camp Kiwanee and back. Local Motion of Boston provided a clean bus and a courteous driver. They were on time and easy to work with. And they were very reasonably priced. I would hire them again.

Sent on 08/17/2010

Juliane · Married on 04/06/2013

3.0

The booking process was fairly simple and the prices competitive. The staff were very responsive over email. On the day of there appeared to be some confusion however. The bus driver called my point of contact to say there were no guests, however he was early to the stop. The time frame was detailed in our final order, so I'm not sure why there was confusion creating unnecessary stress the morning of. Bringing guests to the church went smoothly, everyone arrived on time. Apparently on the drive to the reception, however, the driver got lost, delaying the arrival of half the wedding guests to the cocktail hour. They at least arrived with enough time to get some hor d'oeurves and chat, but not as much as those who drove themselves in. I feel in this era of GPS, and for such an important event, drivers should know the city of Boston backwards and forwards to avoid such complications.

Sent on 04/24/2013

We used Local Motion to have two shuttle buses during our rehearsal dinner and wedding. The company was extremely easy to get in touch with, responsive and had the best rates we could find to rent the buses. The buses were clean and ran smoothly. One of the drivers was awesome, but one of the drivers was less responsive. The issue with him was that he didn't pull up to our wedding venue at the end of the night until someone had to walk over and ask him too, despite the fact that it was past the time we told him our wedding would end and there was a huge crowd gathered outside. Not a big deal at all, but that is the reason why I'm not giving a full 5. I loved Local Motion overall and would use them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/01/2012

Laura · Married on 11/03/2012

2.5

They were very easy to use and were great about getting us a quote and getting back to us promptly. Overall, I think the value was great, I was surpirsed at how economical it was and gratuity was included, which was nice. They did fail to pick guests up at one stop which was disappointing, but that may have been driver error; I found the scheduling and arrangements to be very easy.

Sent on 11/09/2012

Casey · Married on 06/15/2012

Jessy and her crew at Local Motion were such a delight to work with! No hassle and great service!

Sent on 07/05/2012

Ali · Married on 09/29/2018

Disappointing

It was very important to us to make sure our out-of-town guests had an easy way to get to our reception. We knew our guests were fairly self-sufficient but so many of them came from across the country to celebrate with us on our wedding day, we wanted to make their trip as enjoyable as possible. One way to do that was to provide them with transportation to/from the wedding venue.

After several communications with the Local Motion team, my now-husband and I felt like everything was in order and they knew where they needed to be (and when) on the wedding day. Local Motion was supposed to have a shuttle pick up guests for the first departure time, then drop them off at the venue, and go back for the second group of guests waiting at the hotels. It turns out - they never went back for the second group of guests! After dropping off the first group, shuttle stayed parked on our wedding venue property while guest back at the hotel scrambled to find Ubers to make it to our ceremony on-time (they didn't). Someone must have alerted the driver to this mistake, because he then drove down the venue driveway in the middle of our outdoor ceremony. Not good.

Unfortunately, this mishap is one of the first things more than a few guests mentioned to me during our cocktail hour, immediately after getting married. Needless to say, after a lot of thorough planning, that was NOT what I wanted to hear. Local Motion did extend us a partial refund, which we appreciate. However, we are still embarrassed and disappointed some of our guests missed our ceremony. If we had to do it again, we would have recommended guests take Ubers or the hotel shuttle.

Sent on 02/12/2019
  • Z

Zahra · Married on 03/19/2016

3.5

Local Motion of boston provided a van for our wedding party and 2 coach buses for our wedding guests to go from the hotel (Harvard Square) to our wedding venue (Waltham). All the drivers were on time and friendly. Booking the transportation was easy. My only complaint is that 2 of the 3 drivers didn't drop guests off at the correct spot--despite us providing the correct address ahead of time and the day of. That being said, everyone eventually got to where they needed to be.

Sent on 03/27/2016

2.5

Very good service. A little pricey, but did not have to worry at all about them getting to the right places at the right times.

Sent on 07/10/2012

Lilian · Married on 06/23/2012

4.2
      3.0

Everything went smoothly, the driver was on time, flexible, communicative, and courteous throughout the whole thing. Jessy was very quick to respond to my inquiry and helpful with getting me everything I need in a very short period of time. Thank you!

Sent on 07/04/2012

Marissa · Married on 11/22/2014

4.2
      3.0

Local Motion is the cheapest when it comes to bus rentals, I've used them for work related transportation in the past. It was a bit stressful to work with them because they had a back log and were not as quick about responding as I would have liked, but everything worked fine in the end. The best part of this service is that they let you use a credit card to pay.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2016

3.0

The shuttling service that Local Motion provided for our wedding, along with the friendliness of the drivers was absolutely 100% perfect. They had a pretty complicated and tight schedule (through labor day weekend traffic none the less). They were early or on time at every point and the driver was so pleasant and calm. We had a guest vomit on the bus on the way home ( yeah i know... ) but they were so nice and did not charge me the full cleaning fee the they easily could have. the ONLY reason that I am not giving them a 5 is because they are not very responsive via email... the process of scheduling, calling and discussing the plan was not as smooth as I would have liked as a stressed out bride. They may not respond to your emails, but I urge you to CALL them .. they did a really really great job and I am SO happy we went with them.

Sent on 10/25/2016

3.8
      3.0

Used Local Motion for school buses for our guests and a coach bus for our wedding party. Other than a few snafus with guests being unsure were they were getting picked up and dropped off (buses dropped off at multiple sites and then picked up at multiple sites) things were great

Sent on 06/16/2014

Margo · Married on 09/25/2010

3.8
      3.0

We rented a 50 passenger school bus to transport our guests from the Hotel to the Venue. They were easy to work with when booking and confirming details. The pricing couldn't be beat.
    The day of they were on time and got out guests to the ceremony early. At the end of the evening I found the bus driver to be rude. We were running a few minutes behind and the driver was complaining about having to wait for the bride and groom. We offered to pay extra for the extra time and his response was " I don't care I don't make more money" In the end we told him to leave and we drove a guests car back to the hotel.

Sent on 10/24/2010

N Cotreau · Married on 10/24/2018

3.2
      3.0

be careful when booking with local motion

we rented two buses to shuttle our wedding guests to and from the hotel...getting to the venue was not a problem...at the end of the night there was some confusion over whether the last bus was going to return...the driver of the school bus would not contact the other driver...she opted to overload the school bus with many guests standing for the 30 minute ride back to the hotel...once we got to the hotel my guests jumped out the emergency door...after the weekend i called local motion and they said they did everything they said they would...the driver denied overloading the bus, yet the late bus, when it showed was empty...i am disappointed that local motion totally sided with their drivers and did not take me seriously...i guess they are just moving on the next event....think twice before you book with this company

Sent on 10/24/2018

Suzanne · Married on 05/17/2014

3.0

The booking and contact with the owner and accounting person was very good. Unfortunately, we had a rogue driver who started late and then got lost in spite of having driven the route several times before. The wedding was almost half an hour late because the bus was so late-a lot of stress for everyone on the bus and those of us waiting for the bus.
    The driver also gave me a hard time when I talked to him about the late night pick up-not good.
    The company owner was very apologetic and refunded half the contract price. The original contract was expensive but the price came down 3 times by the time day of the wedding.
    If you use them-build in an extra half hour to avoid a late bus and delayed wedding!!

Sent on 06/14/2014

Jessica · Married on 07/23/2011

1.0

Hands down the worst wedding vendor we used. We had rented two buses to transport our guests from the hotel to the venue where the ceremony and the reception were being held. One of the drivers ran over a curb on their way out of the hotel and per my guests, the bus was never the same. It was making a very unsettling noise and nothing was done about it. I was also told that the one particular driver was driving very fast and was not very cautious.

The day of the wedding, the drivers didn't act as agreed upon and took valuable time away from our wedding. My mother, husband and I spent about a half an hour with the drivers arguing with them on what they needed to do, which had all been previously agreed to. It ended up working out, but the wedding night flies by so quickly that it was a shame that we had to waste such a significant amount of time dealing with the drivers.

After the wedding, I complained to the Company and they told me that they would look into the situation. They never followed up with me.

With the money that you spend on transportation, things like this shouldn't happen.

Sent on 06/22/2012

Maureen · Married on 06/25/2011

0.8
      0.5

Never responded to emails, only sent one bus at the end of the night instead of two and then laid on extra time charges. They were the only vendors around with reasonable prices and school buses, but it's not worth the hassle. Stay away!

Sent on 12/04/2011

0.0

I am sorry to report that the service Local Motion provided was subpar. The bus transportation was the worst part of the wedding. The busses left the hotel late and took the absolute longest route possible, ignoring a convienient highway nearby they chose the local roads. Subsequently the parents of the bride,and groom, arrived ½ hour late, to a one hour cocktail party. This greatly impacted our ability to greet our guests. On the return trip the drivers took the same long route; we were late again, and missed the opportunity to mingle with our guests and partake in the after party buffet. We were charged for a late arrival at the garage for one bus; a situation that was hardly our fault.
    Additionally, we were misled as to the capacity of the busses. We reserved 30 passenger busses due to a weight restriction of a bridge at the venue. The busses that arrived were 50 (adult) passenger busses. Most of the busses traveled half filled. Had we know the true capacity we would have reserved fewer busses and saved a great deal of money?
    Local Motion was a complete disappointment for us and we are extremely dissatisfied with the service they provided. It was very unprofessional for the drivers not to have driving directions prior to pick up – reliance on GPS is ludicrous and unprofessional. I would never recommend their services. Through Local Motion’s poorly executed itinerary, my husband and I lost (unreasonably) priceless time, at a once in a lifetime event. I wrote to them expressing my disappointment and they never responded.

Sent on 03/10/2016

Jean · Married on 08/20/2011

0.0

Please do not use this company to provide transportation for your wedding. Our family had a terrible experience in which the Father of the Bride was treated so rudely by one of their drivers that it was an embarrassing experience for many wedding guests who overheard the interaction. An awful ending to an otherwise wonderful day. PLEASE NOTE - I wrote a formal letter to the President of Local Motion and received no response at all from the company.

11/29/2011:
    Mr. Bruce Barrows of Local Motion subsequently contacted me. He offered to write a letter of apology to the Father of the Bride. He said he would address the situation of the rude bus driver. He seemed genuinely sincere. I believe our negative experience won't be repeated for other families in the future. by Jean H. on 11/29/2011

Sent on 11/16/2011