Liz Stewart Photography Reviews

52 | Washington, DC

52 Reviews for Liz Stewart Photography

Ella · Married on 06/10/2017

Liz was such an amazing find during our wedding process! I loved her portfolio and she made me feel totally at east when we met in person to discuss the wedding. She is the perfect mix of bubbly and professional. I noticed a lot of the weddings on her blog were much more formal than what we were going for, but she totally got our "vibe' and embraced the style we were looking for. We had several near "literal" meltdowns on my wedding day (the AC was broken in June!), but Liz stayed calm and upbeat and helped us troubleshoot to find the right spots for our pictures. At the end of the day, our photos turned out beautifully and we LOVE them! If you are looking for a reasonably priced stellar photographer to capture your special day, Liz is your girl!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Kelsey · Married on 05/20/2017

Liz was a wonderful photographer, very good at putting my husband and me at ease, and incredibly responsive. Without a doubt, working with Liz was the smoothest part of planning this wedding (when the transportation I hired to take me to the church didn't show up, for instance, my bridesmaids and I rode with Liz in her car).
    You absolutely get your money's worth with Liz and I couldn't be happier with our beautiful wedding photos. She was always cheerful and energetic, but approachable. My family raved about how she was able to handle our larger family group photos, working with everyone from grandparents to toddlers. And she does a great job encouraging you and the bridal party from behind the camera.
    You will not regret hiring Liz.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Danielle · Married on 05/12/2017

We HIGHLY recommend Liz for your engagement and wedding photos! We will definitely be using her again for future photography needs <3

Sent on 05/31/2017

Caitlin · Married on 05/06/2017

I cannot say enough glowing things about Liz Stewart. If you're on the fence, just do yourself a favor and hire this amazing, friendly, impeccable artist.

When we first met with Liz, she struck us immediately with her professionalism. She was very organized and offered responses before we even had the chance to ask. She asked great questions. We were delighted to have found a photographer we fell into such an easy groove with. Her packages and rates were very reasonable so we hired her. During our engagement photos, she was a confident and creative director. We felt very at ease with her. Our photos were just gorgeous and we couldn't wait for her to photograph our wedding. In the lead-up, we felt like we were whack-a-mole-ing problems with every last wedding detail, but in our pre-wedding meeting with Liz to go over the details, my husband and I both said "Well Liz is perfect obviously, so we don't have to worry about her." We meant it! On wedding day, she was a wonderfully calming presence among the crazy. She captured great shots, expertly herded the non-compliant cats of wedding guests and added to the celebratory happy atmostphere all day. We were thrilled with her performance, and when we got the photos, well I'm practically crying as I type this out because they're all so beautiful I still can't believe it. We've been hearing nothing but compliments on the amazing job the photographers did. I can't even pick my favorites because there are so many. Hire Liz Stewart. She's the best.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Shihomi · Married on 05/05/2017

I found Liz from several site and decided to talk to her in person. Since my husband and I live in oversea, we talked through Skype. I knew she was going to be our photographer as we talked! She was super nice and was also confident of her work. Even though we had a time difference, she always responded my questions quickly. Very responsible and flexible!
    We were impressed with Liz's knowledge and experience. Liz was so friendly and helpful throughout the event (engagement and wedding photos), and seemed to be everywhere at all times! We all were impressed with the shots she suggested, the shots she knew to take when we didn't ask, and her ability to capture so many perfect moments. With over hundreds of pictures taken within her time with us, we just know we had great time with her and our wedding memories last forever. Thank you!!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/28/2017

I loved having Liz as my photographer! Liz was very responsive to all of our questions and helped us work through the logistics of our big day while keeping us calm and laughing. We chose Liz because she was easy to talk with and we got along great. Throughout the entire process leading up to our wedding she worked with us to set up our timeline and shot list. She was always available by email or phone and really went the extra mile to make sure we felt comfortable leading up to the big day. She was willing to work with my vision and made our nontraditional ceremony, first look and reception ideas seem normal. On the day of our wedding she kept us calm and comfortable and there was so much laughter. Liz delivered all of the photos within the timeline set out in our contract and the photographs were beautiful! We have received so many compliments on the photos and we cannot wait to hang them in our home. I would definitely recommend working with Liz for your wedding. I hope we can work with Liz again in the future for other life events.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Cate · Married on 11/05/2016

Liz was absolutely incredible! She was far and away the BEST wedding photographer I ever could have asked for! She did an incredible job getting both the family and candid shots at our wedding. She is a genuinely kind and sweet person and really put me and my husband at ease! There is no one better than her in the business especially not in the DC area. She is 1st class all the way and truly talented! BOOK HER NOW! :)

Sent on 11/11/2016

Ranwa · Married on 10/22/2016

Liz Stewart rocks! My husband and I were so lucky to have Liz be our wedding photographer. During our search for a photographer we met some really talented people but nobody really clicked for me (no pun intended) until I met Liz. On our first meeting I think we spoke about the wedding for about half an hour then spent the next hour chatting like old friends.
    My husband and I had been together for several years before we got married but most of our pictures were in selfie mode. So, it really meant a lot to us when Liz offered us a complimentary engagement shoot. The experience was awesome and we were hooked.
    The day of our wedding Liz Stewart arrived on time and with an assistant, Tony. Despite gale force winds and frigid temperatures she was able to wrangle all our family members for the family portraits and got them done quickly. She took fantastic photographs and somehow managed to hide the fact that we were all freezing. Liz was there throughout our event and like a stealthy ninja was there capturing all our special moments without ever getting in the way.
    We were so excited to receive our pictures from Liz only 3 weeks after the wedding. They were so beautiful! She demonstrated a clear understanding of our vision for the day and who we are as individuals and as a couple.
    If you are looking for a photographer who is professional, warm, funny, responsive, and extremely talented, look no further.

Sent on 02/08/2017

Liz was so easy to work with and made the process of posing for awesome pictures very comfortable. She was able to get us to relax and laugh to catch those pictures that seam effortless. She also spent 11(!) hours with us on the wedding day and our guests and family absolutely loved how she could catch all these special moments without feeling like there was a outsider amongst us. She also did a great job in selecting our second photographer Tony who also caught some great picture and helped the day run smoothly. Finally, she turns the photos out quickly so you don't have to wait months to relive the special day through photos. Couldnt't have been happier!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Caitlin · Married on 10/09/2016

My husband and I used Liz for both our engagement shoot and our wedding and we cannot stop raving about how wonderful she is! From start to finish, Liz was extremely responsive and consultative and helped us with everything from picking outfits that look great on camera (engagement shoot) to a shot list to the day of agenda. Her rapport is impeccable which ensured that we were comfortable and made for a lot of great, natural looking photos and made our wedding day stress free knowing we were in good hands. We used our engagement photos for our Save the Date and still receive compliments on them! Day of she was wonderful and helped coordinate our wedding party to make sure that we got the photos we wanted and blended in with/treated our guests fabulously. We cannot wait to use Liz again in the future when other events call for professional photos!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Ada · Married on 07/02/2016

We had the extraordinary pleasure of working with Liz Stewart on our engagement shoot and wedding in 2016. Liz immediately stood out early in our search as someone who was highly professional, confident and exceedingly responsive to all inquiries and questions. Per her suggestion, we met for a consultation to see if we were a good fit and to get to know each other's personality and working style. Liz is an excellent listener and she really takes her time to understand her clients' expectations and vision, so that she can better anticipate the needs on the big day. She is very organized and calm, she knows when to step back, follow the lead and when to step in. After the ceremony, my husband and I stopped by the Lincoln Memorial to take a few quick pictures of just the two of us. Liz did an amazing job at keeping the tourists at bay and directing the flow around us, keeping us focused and moving through the shots quickly. When we got to our cocktail hour and reception, she weaved through the crowd and most of the time we didn't even know she was there. She truly captured everyone's mood and the joy of the moment. After the wedding, Liz provided regular updates on her progress with the photos and remained available and approachable. We referred Liz to many of our friends. One of our wedding guests was very impressed with Liz and hired her to shoot a promotion ceremony. Liz is a very lovely person, she is sweet, genuine, upbeat and confident, and someone who takes great pride in her work. She enjoys meeting new people and cherishes the opportunity to share their most treasured life moments. We couldn't be happier with the service and product we received, and we truly enjoyed working with Liz. We plan on sharing/capturing many more moments with Liz in the future.

Sent on 12/16/2016
  • I

Ileana · Married on 05/14/2016

Liz was such a delight to work with. She made sure that we got what we paid for and beyond. She was extremely professional and responsive leading up to our big day. She not only gave us ideas about our vision based on her own experience from her wedding day and was completely open and honest with our vision.

I interviewed many photographers and to be honest what drew me most to Liz was her sweet and patient personality, in addition to her beautiful portfolio. She proved to me from our phone conversations that she would be the best fit, personality and experience wise, to take on the huge responsibility of capturing all those special memories.

On the day of our event she showed up on time with an assistant who was also a delight to work with. The both were very patient and made us feel so comfortable. At the reception it felt as if they both were a part of the reception and knew exactly what shots to capture.

Liz, thank you for doing such a tremendous job at our wedding. We could not be happier with what you did for us and can recommend you only in the highest possible regard.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Cerenna · Married on 04/17/2016

Liz did a fantastic job with my wedding photography. To start, on the service side of things, she was professional and timely. When I was first searching for photographers and began inquiring with all of them, she responded quickly, professionally and was very thorough. Compared to the others, I was impressed. Contacting her was easy and I always received a response withing about a day. She was did an excellent job working with my needs. The price was not excessive and I'd estimate about mid-range. I didn't have much to spend, and she still worked with my budget and did her best to make it work for me. In regards to the quality of her work, I was impressed. The photos came out beautifully and they could have been in a wedding magazine. I'm not easy to please. One thing I did notice is that she gave me a lot of the freedom to choose what shots she took. I'm not certain if that's the case for every client. I have only had exposure to one other wedding photographer to compare with. Liz was a lot more relaxed while the other photographer ordered everyone around and chose the poses herself. I make that comparison to highlight that she isn't pushy and can grant a client as much freedom as wanted. I had the freedom to choose, which was valuable to me. Overall, I would recommend Liz, and definitely feel that she did a phenomenal job.

Sent on 06/22/2016

Araceli · Married on 12/31/2015

So happy I found Liz! Fantastic photographer and super friendly. She was willing to negotiate pricing and custom packages for my elopement, since it wasn't your traditional big wedding. She was personable, and wanted to know all about the theme/feeling I wanted to create with our pictures, what our plans were, and was willing to give suggestions for a person who has no idea about this kind of thing. She even set up a FaceTime meeting to further discuss things so that they were absolutely perfect- and they were! We were even late (yes, to our own wedding lol) and she was flexible with the timing and made the whole process so much fun! If you choose any photographer for any event, let Liz be the one!!!

Sent on 03/11/2016

Rachel · Married on 06/20/2015

Liz was wonderful to work with. She made the fact that I had a camera in my face all day a not completely horrible experience, and made me feel really at ease and worked with me and my husband to get some really great shots.

I had a complicated wedding because it was a double wedding with my sister (we were marrying brothers) and there was another photographer there with an assistant and it's difficult to maneuver around that situation. But Liz was able to work with the other photographer and whatever stress she may have felt never showed. She is really sweet and easy to get along with and works really to make your day special and makes sure you're happy.

She was able to get all the photos I was looking for, and was willing to work with me on price and the types of pictures that I wanted. On top of that, even after she sent me all my pictures and I was looking for some specific shots, she sent me digital copies of what she had that I was looking for free of charge.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Heather · Married on 06/19/2015

I absolutely loved working with Liz. She is so organized, personable, and made me feel so comfortable. I couldn't have asked for more for my big day!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Karli · Married on 06/13/2015

We loved Liz! So much fun and her photographs were awesome!!

Sent on 08/15/2015

Catherine · Married on 05/30/2015

100% Dependable and professional.
    The photo's taken at our event were fun to take, and turned out beautiful.
    We highly recommend Liz Stewart Photography.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Liz was great! She was very helpful and a great photographer! She set up the pictures so they would be beautiful I will happily use them again.

Sent on 08/13/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 03/14/2015

Liz was the ultimate wedding photographer. She knew exactly what I wanted and was very good about blending into the crowd, but still able to get the great shots. She did all of the pictures on my "shot list" in addition to the great candids that I wanted of my guests having fun. She somehow perfectly captured the fun and celebratory feeling of the night. I would recommend her to anyone who wants a reliable, extremely talented and fun to work with photographer.

Sent on 04/30/2015

Donna · event on: 08/17/2013

Beautiful photos and such a sweet lady too!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Astin · Married on 06/01/2013

Liz was working in conjunction with another photographer to provide the best coverage of my wedding day festivities, and she did a wonderful job. As a fellow photographer, I can be very picky when it comes to having photos taken for me. But, Liz came through and delivered beautiful images that captured candid moments and wonderful details. I almost cried when I received my album! She caught images of details and moments that I didn't even remember happening in the whirlwind of the wedding day. I definitely give 5 stars for her work!

Sent on 08/20/2013
  • User4867423 · Married on 00/00/0000

Liz Stewart Photography

Liz was awesome to work with, she was flexible when we created our wedding package and allowed us to shift her set packages around to accommodate our needs. Her pictures were wonderful! She provided a sneak peek to us immediately (next morning) and then provided remaining pictures back very quickly. She was very organized the day of and ran the family formals very efficiently so we could get several pictures done quickly. She identified great photo spots the day of the wedding for various things such as wedding dress, details, getting ready and post ceremony bridal pictures. She took initiative to set pictures up but then also always cleared it with us to make sure she had captured everything we wanted. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Rachel · Married on 09/19/2015

Liz is very professional and accommodating. My stepsons were moving targets during most of our engagement shoot (we did a family engagement session) and the posed shots of the wedding, and Liz remained patient and calm while capturing some great shots. We were very pleased with the our photos and the value Liz provided.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Jessica · Married on 01/12/2018

Liz was incredibly professional, accommodating and we truly enjoyed working with her! My husband and I are so pleased with how our engagement and wedding photos turned out. She was able to capture so many beautiful moments from our wedding day thats it's been hard to select which ones are our favorite! We would absolutely recommend Liz to anyone looking for a professional photographer. Thank you Liz for everything!

Sent on 03/22/2018