Liz Daley Events Reviews

Liz Daley Events 1
Liz Daley Events 2
Liz Daley Events 3

stan · Married on 09/09/2007

very professional, and easy to get along with. would highly recommend her for any further musical needs.

Sent on 09/27/2007

Laura · Married on 10/28/2006

Our wedding was THE BEST PARTY we have EVER been to! I have to thank Liz Daley, our DJ so much for an OUTSTANDING job - everything went smoothly AND I never expected to see that many people on the dance floor!

She worked with us from the very beginning, making sure she understood our expectations. Throughout the process, she was responsive to my numerous emails and helped keep me calm! Liz worked with us to create an amazing playlist and even went above and beyond her duties by creating a wedding day agenda. During the reception, she read the crowd and played/faded out songs according to the crowd, speaking and making announcements only when appropriate. My new husband and I highly recommend Liz Daley if you're looking for the ultimate party!

Sent on 03/20/2007

3.5

Liz was terrific! She brought just the right energy to the event - so many people danced! Lots of dancers out of the unexpected too. She did an amazing job as MC, threading the bride and grooms notes into great introductory stories. Everyone raved about her (even those that hate DJs expressed their approval). She communicated well with MOB and caterer throughout the event to keep the flow flexible yet smoothe. She did all this without being obnoxious (like sometimes DJs can be). Meetings before the wedding always reassured us that we made a good decision in choosing Liz. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/26/2015
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/16/2009

3.5

Liz was a valuable asset to have before and during my wedding. Although she is on the more expensive side she is worth it. She is flexible and friendly, but don't get on her bad side. We had a few struggles with my venue and she was able to step right in and tell them that they were wrong. On my wedding day she battled to have my wedding stay outside where I wanted and not indoors. Luckily the rain held off :) Liz's sound system was state of the art and everyone had a great time. I really enjoyed working with her and wish I could again. I think that Liz pays attention to her customer's needs and doesn't just slap together a bunch of songs and call it day. Instead she makes sure you know what your getting and when your getting it. I would gladly do business with her again. She served as my master of ceremonies as well as my DJ and I would have been lost without her. Thanks Liz!!!

Sent on 07/27/2009

stephanie · Married on 09/13/2008

We were not mentaly prepared for the cost of DJs but were very pleased with the value we received from Liz. We ended up with her instead of one of her employees and found her very helpful in exicuting the event, pacing the event and can't think of one person who didn't enjoy the wedding.

Sent on 10/26/2008

ROGER · Married on 04/09/2016

Liz did a wonderful job helping us script the reception and cocktail hour. She helped create a couple of special song edits that would work within our timeframe for the reception, and she was very good at adjusting on the fly during the reception when we made some requests to work into the playlist. Liz has an entertainer background and its truly evident when she gets behind the mic and the DJ booth. She's much more than a DJ, she's an entertainment coordinator, and she always ensures that the guests are comfortable and having fun. She has a great speaking voice, no need to worry about muddled words over loud music, everything came through with great clarity, and Liz implements the best of technology, so there are absolutely no concerns about equipment or professionalism.

Liz provided music for our cocktail hour and our wedding reception, and we were very pleased with her.

Sent on 05/01/2016

Liz Daley Events's reply:

Thank you Roger & Sarah for inviting me to be a part of your celebration and for your feedback. Good luck to you as your begin your new lives together.

Linda · Married on 07/07/2013

3.5

Liz was wonderful in doing her best to make our daughter's wedding festivities a wonderful celebration. She accomodated the wishes of our daughter and her husband's music preferences and added lovely romanitc touches that made the event personal. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Jeff · Married on 09/20/2008

3.4
      3.0

DJ was very good in meeting with us repeatedly at her home in the months prior to the wedding in order to get a feel of what type music we enjoyed and what type crowd the wedding would be. We felt that she helped shape what we liked along with what usually works at weddings. Actual reception was less responsive, playing songs that we had specifically said not to play, playing versions of songs that we hadn't heard, and not listening to bride/groom requests. In speaking with guests, they were overall happy and the dance floor was occupied. However, my wife and I felt like our previous conversations had been partially ignored in interest of "what works", versus what the bride wants. She is a good DJ, just need to be very clear as to what songs must NOT be played, along with what versions of songs MUST be played. No detail too small.

Sent on 10/16/2008

Liz Daley Events's reply:

I am compelled to respond to this review based upon its numerous inaccuracies.

#1 Based upon the final approved agenda and playlist, every “must play” song was included and ALL “do not play” songs were excluded.

#2 The bride only had one request during the event, and that was to play more 80’s, which immediately happened.

It should be noted that the bride NEVER responded to any of my repeated phone calls or emails regarding the final agenda in the 30 days prior to the wedding. This final agenda included the “must play” list and “do not play” list. However, the groom did respond via email approving the agenda and the play list. He also encouraged me to “read the crowd” and do what I felt was best.

In reviewing the video, the only songs with multiple popular versions were “Cha Cha Slide” and “Shout”. It’s always good to be specific if you have a favorite version.

It should also be noted that during the time I was playing the alleged “do not play” selection. The bride and groom were captured on video, in the middle of the crowded dance floor - - - dancing - - - for the entire song.

The dance floor was packed the entire night, and the last 30 minutes of the party, which was all 80’s music, by request of the bride and groom, left the crowd singing along and asking for more.