Liz Daley Events Reviews

Liz Daley Events 1
Liz Daley Events 2
Liz Daley Events 3

Katie · Married on 05/02/2009

Liz Daley saved our wedding reception.

When we first met Liz, we were extremely impressed with both her emphasis on creating a personalized, successful reception dynamic and her enthusiasm. We planned extensively and in great detail and, when we had last minute suggestions and changes, she handled them with professionalism and aplomb.

On our wedding day, Liz's talents were put to the test, as we unfortunately experienced a significant problem with our reception venue. Despite the loss of the dance floor for a large portion of the evening and even the potential for injury to herself and damage to her equipment, Liz adapted, and made certain that our guests felt welcome. She mentioned during one of our planning sessions that she has a "show must go on" ethos, and we and our guests got to witness it in its full glory. Once we re-gained access to the dance floor, Liz made sure that everyone had a fantastic time.

We will forever be grateful to her for what she did. Her determination and skill saved the day. Other DJs would have thrown in the towel. The obstacles thrown in our way -- her way -- at our reception have one distinct positive: We got to see Liz at her best and she was awesome.

Sent on 05/26/2009

Judy · Married on 04/05/2009

What can I say about Liz? She is simply amazing. If you are looking for someone to help you put together entertainment for your wedding that is based on your personality and dreams, and creates spectacular memories, she's the only one to call. Her service and professionalism? She took care of everything - we had no details to worry about. Her creativity and help were phenomenal. We enjoyed the planning process just as much as we enjoyed our wedding - and we had a blast at our wedding! Our guests have said we had "the wedding to beat" and my mom (who was upset at first when she heard we hired a dj), said on our wedding day that "Liz is family". You can shop around if you want to, but Liz is the one who will help you create your perfect wedding.

Sent on 05/18/2009

Don · Married on 11/01/2008

Great- would highly recommend

Sent on 11/17/2008
  • Ahn

Ahn · Married on 10/04/2008

Liz is the best. She is fun to work with and really just wants your wedding to be as fun and special as she can make it for you. She is very easy to work with and is always willing to meet with you to talk about what you would like for the wedding. She does a wonderful Love Story for you that really helps to personalize the wedding. Many of our guest commented on how good our DJ was and how she keep the party going. She is so good at what she does that during the wedding you don't even realize how much she is helping with making sure all the different parts of the reception are going smoothly because of her.

Sent on 10/07/2008
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 09/25/2008

Liz Daley was the perfect DJ for our September 25th Wedding in the Outer Banks! From the beginning, Liz gave us plenty of time and attention. Though she is a highly desired DJ in the area, she made us feel like our wedding was her top priority. She met with us in person several times before the wedding, and she was extremely quick at responding to e-mails and phone calls. She was also highly organized and helped us to plan out the wedding and reception time-line step by step. We had a nightmare situation with our caterer (Kim Epps). When the caterer informed me that she may not be able to make it to our wedding, Liz quickly eased my fears and provided me with plenty of plan B solutions just in case. Since she is so well known in the wedding industry, she has a lot of contacts outside of the DJ world, which was very comforting to us. Liz arrived to our wedding about 4 hours before the event to allow plenty of time for set up. We had originally planned an outside set-up around the pool, but it ended up pouring down rain. She was very flexible with moving her equipment inside the beach house. During the ceremony, my wedding coordinator (Kim Epps) was not doing her job once again, so Liz quickly stepped up to the plate and coordinated the ceremony for us. Throughout the evening, Liz went above and beyond all of our expectations. She was so good at reading the crowd and filling the dance floor. She also provided a great karaoke set-up later in the evening that everyone loved participating in. All of our wedding guests had a blast and to this day we still have guests coming up to us raving about how wonderful she was. We can't thank her enough for all of the work that she put into our wedding to make it magical. Thanks Liz!!!

Sent on 11/15/2008

Lindsey · Married on 08/23/2008

Liz was awesome!! She worked with us to give us everything we wanted. She offered alot of suggesetions of what works and what doesn't. She was very professional and went well beyond what was expected of her. In my opinion a DJ either makes or breaks a reception and Liz really made this reception! Everyone had a blast! We want to do it again!! Thanks Liz!!!
    Lindsey & Randy Henry

Sent on 10/11/2008

Michele · Married on 08/02/2008

Liz was an exceptional DJ and wedding coordinator. Prior to the wedding she was more than generous with her time. The DJ and coordination was an important decision for us and she completly wowed us during our first meeting. Her creativity, class, knack for planning and overall knowledge of seemingly every aspect of the wedding is why we choose to book her for our wedding. Liz was extremly helpful with vendor recomendations and in helping us develop creative personal touches for our special day. Liz truly understood what type of reception that we were going for and exceeded our expectations. Guests are still raving about how much fun the wedding reception was and how the dance floor was packed all night long. We had everyone dancing from the childern to the grandparents and everyone in between. She was very responsive and handled the drunken groomsmen toasts and every other detail of the reception with class so that we were able to enjoy ourselves without thinking about the details. Highly recomend liz for your special day!

Sent on 09/29/2008

Michelle · Married on 07/12/2008

Liz was extremely professional, provided amazing guidance and helped to make our reception unique and perfectly fit to us as a couple. She was very flexible with our requests and ideas and helped us customize the experience to fit who we are. She went above and beyond her outlined duties by meeting with us upon request and assisting us with putting music to a slideshow, which she then performed live during the actual slideshow at the reception. She also added a personal touch to our first dance song by including our individual interview sound clips about one another. Liz also helped to plan out our schedule and helped maintain the schedule throughout the night. She ran the show behind the scenes and kept the party lively. Liz has the ability to make your night magical, memorable, and perfectly you!

Sent on 08/13/2008

Bob · Married on 06/22/2008

Liz was AWESOME!!

We were very empressed with every aspect of her process. The pricing of her services were made immediately available. The initial meeting, Liz was very professional and patient with our questions. The final contract was flexible to allow more of her time if the reception was going over our time estimates. At the final planning meeting, Liz was fun to be with and very professional to be sure every detail was discussed. And most of all, the reception was fantastic and everyone had a GREAT TIME!!!! Liz did a beautiful job as master of ceremonies and is very in tuned to her audience.

We highly recommend Daley DJs.

Sent on 08/13/2008
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 06/07/2008

All I have to say is WOW! Daley DJs far surpassed my expectations. Working with Liz was wonderful. She was the consummate professional, responded quickly to all my requests and went far above and beyond the norm to make sure my wedding was exactly what I wanted and more! My husband and I are both involved in the local music scene, he is in a band, music is very important to us. I met with her to discuss music for the reception and she provided extremely helpful feedback on how to fit the songs we loved into the party so it would flow well.

We also worked together on a grand entrance, and it was SO FUN. I highly recommend doing this if you book with Daley DJs. We selected a short clip of music for each person in the wedding party, everything from "I'm Too Sexy" to George Thoroughgood. Some were funny, some were just awesome. I didn't tell anyone in the wedding party about it so it would be a surprise and when each person marched out to their own tune, there was huge applause and roaring laughter the whole time. I could NOT have been more pleased with how it turned out.

Peter was our DJ on the big day (Liz was booked) and he was awesome. Extremely professional, wore a tux in 101 degree heat and made it look good too! Everything went smashingly. We had a wonderful time and I would recommend this vendor to everyone.

Sent on 06/23/2008

Karen · Married on 05/24/2008

Excellent service and a delight to work with. Very professional.

Sent on 05/19/2009

Brandy · Married on 05/22/2008

Liz was truly an amazing asset for our wedding. She not only acted as our DJ, but she went way above and beyond her expectations! She came to our rehearsal and helped us coordinate everyone. She arrived hours early the day of the wedding and helped oversee everything going on that day. She played our ceremony music, and also videotaped it, to our surprise. She even had her own camera she was taking pictures with. Everyone loved the music selections during the reception and all the guests were up and dancing and having a great time. I couldn't have imagined the day without her there.

Sent on 06/01/2008

Stephanie · Married on 05/17/2008

Loved working with Liz and Charles. Definitely honored all my request and helped the party flow very well. Great job and thank you!!

Sent on 05/30/2008

Lyndsay · Married on 05/10/2008

When I first met Liz she wanted to know what would make me happy--she was all about the bride and groom and wanted to make sure that on our "big day" we would be the two happiest people in the room. Liz was punctual on her emails--we exchanged a few emails and she was always prompt in getting back in touch with me. A lot of people cannot say that about other wedding vendors! A couple of nights before my wedding Liz contacted me via phone and we just went over a few things. My wedding reception was AWESOME!! She did everything on cue and everything was perfect--people know that music has to be just right! She even made sure that my husband's favorite songs were played! And the best thing...the love story! It was really the first time that I got emotional all day--Liz made it perfect!! It was simply and just about Brian and I! Perfect again! She really put the love story together as if my husband and I were up in front telling it. Liz allowed the love story to put the most delicate and enjoyable touch to the night. I truly cannot thank Liz enough--all her work and consideration, love and respect. She really is such a wonderful person on the inside and out! Thank you Liz!! You certainly rocked at our wedding!! If anyone is thinking of using Liz--USE HER!! You would be losing the best DJ ever if you let her slip through your fingers!! She is fabulous!!

Sent on 06/02/2008

Patricia · Married on 05/03/2008

We were fortunate enough to have Peter Scarola from Daley DJ'S be the dj at our wedding. He was extremely professional and enjoyable to work with. He arrived in plenty of time to set up and was prepared to work all night long, even when we asked him to stay an extra hour. The music list was exceptional, all my guests commented to me on how great the music was and how they wished the party could have continued all night long. Peter kept the party moving along and didn't miss a beat when we had some last minute introduction changes and with cake cutting delays. We would definitely request to have Peter as our DJ for another event and will recommend him to all our friends and family. Thanks Peter!

Sent on 05/16/2008

Susan · Married on 02/16/2008

I can't Thank Liz enough. She was the Life of our reception.. She made sure the reception was entertaing for our quest and made me feel relaxed, she made it so easy for us to enjoy our special day. I would highly recommend Liz to any one neededing DJ services for any event.

Susan and Roger Burrage

Sent on 03/09/2008

Sue · Married on 10/06/2007

Liz is terrific! She is loaded with personality, talent and skill. Everyone at the reception loved her. Liz works with the client to make sure they are on the same page, and the couple get what they want.

Sent on 01/02/2008

Liam · Married on 08/25/2007

Liz was absolutely wonderful. Not only was she a DJ, but a very good master of ceremonies, and an event planner. Her experience and knowledge of our reception site was so valuable that it helped us avoid any major snafus. Liz was by far the most organized and prepared DJ we met with, and every other vendor knew her, and reccomended her.
    The best part about Liz as a DJ for your reception is that she really pays attention to the schedule and the flow of the crowd. Prior to the wedding we had worked out some events that we thought we would like to do. During the reception, Liz approached and suggested that people were having a great time dancing and that if we wanted to do the events we needed to get everyone off the dance floor. At that point we decided to keep on dancing and skip the items, and it was the best decision.
    Liz has a great set of forms that you fill out after signing with her that pretty much lay out your event for you, and then her website allows you to go on and select songs. We went on, and selected around 15 songs that we thought were representative of what we wanted. She hit the nail on the head and even did us one better. As the party went on, and she noticed that more people got up and danced to a certain type of music, she changed her playlist on the fly and kept the people dancing all night.
    Everyone was worn out but had a great time, and we cannot reccomend Liz enough for your reception!!!

Thanks to Liz, we had so much less to worry about on our day of the wedding!

Liam and Nancy Connolly

Sent on 09/26/2007

Kat · Married on 04/28/2007

Liz is not only the ULTIMATE professional, she is great to work with and our music was PERFECT. We couldn't be happier with the way she Emceed the event, the music she provided (she was very patient with our WIDE variety of choices as our tastes are vastly different and we love all types of music).

Our day was beautiful and was made much more special because of Liz. We are thrilled we hired her for our wedding and would recommend her to anyone looking for HIGH quality and ultra professionalism!

Sent on 05/02/2007

Emily · Married on 10/14/2006

Liz was a wonderful addition to our wedding day! She was a breeze to work with prior to the wedding - and dispite my falling short of my plans to create a must play DJ list - she read the crowd and was able to pull of an amazing wedding reception that my guest are still talking about. I also particularly like her coordination at my rehearsal for the wedding. She and her mother were the wedding planners I didn't know I hired. I think she is in the right business - her background in Broadway production shows. Weddings today sometimes feel like a movie production - she is the director you want. Especially if you have any hiccups along the way - she has a way that she would just fix it. I am glad I went with her full service package - it was well worth every penny. Thank you!!!

Sent on 03/23/2007

Laura · Married on 08/12/2006

Elisabeth Daley and Daley DJ Company provided me with an excellent quality service for my wedding. I got the opportunity to work directly with Liz. Liz was excited about my event, professional in character, and helpful in my decision making process. The music selections and set up for a wedding reception can make or break your event, and I am glad I "made" my event by choosing Daley DJ. Liz and her company can be trusted to provide customers with more than they expect. I had no worries on the big day and this made all the difference in the world! I would highly recommend Daley DJ.

Sent on 03/21/2007

Megan · Married on 06/22/2008

Thank you for all your time that you put into our wedding!!

Sent on 08/27/2008

What a wonderful way to spend a wedding. Liz was not only professional and courteous of our big day, she was also a trusted friend who we felt totally at ease with. She does all of the major things very well and all of the little things even better.

Sent on 06/14/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/08/2010

Liz Daley made our wedding an amazing event - so much more than just a party. We would love to recommend her to anyone who wants to get married in the Williamsburg area. My husband and I were reminded just how awesome Liz made our reception when we attended another wedding recently. The groom had asked us to share with him the music requests from our wedding because he and his wife had such a great time dancing at our wedding. I shared with him the request lists we gave Liz, including much of the actual playlist she used, and he shared this same information with his DJ. (I'm sure he added a few of his own requests, but his list was quite similar to ours.) At the wedding, the DJ was fine, but he did not create anything like the same energy we had at our wedding. His mix of songs would often stick too long on one genre, and he emptied the dance floor more than once. My mother-in-law actually came up to my husband at one point and said, "Why is the DJ playing this music? Tell him to play something more like what they played at your wedding!" This just goes to show that a DJ is soooo much more than a good playlist. This DJ had all the same information Liz had, but Liz used that information to create a party! Also at another recent wedding, my husband's 13-year-old cousin asked me, "Are all weddings as fun as your wedding?" Kudos to Liz for helping to make our reception an event everyone will remember and talk about for many years to come!

Sent on 08/17/2011

Lindsey · Married on 08/23/2008

I was very pleased with Liz. She did an awesome job and will definitely recommend her to friends. I received a lot of compliments on her work.

Sent on 10/02/2008