Live Picture Studios Reviews

188 | Jersey City, NJ

188 Reviews for Live Picture Studios

Lauren · Married on 05/31/2014

Live Pictures Studios was incredible to work and created the most amazing videos both at the wedding and after! Working in the video production industry - I had very high standards and expectations for my wedding video but also wasn't trying to break the bank. Live Picture Studios provided incredible service, quality work, and it was at an affordable rate. I have already recommended them to several friends getting married!

Sent on 07/15/2014
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/24/2018

Over the moon

Live Picture Studios captured some of the most beautiful pictures on my wedding day and put together a Highlight Reel that I can't peel my eyes away from. Their team helped my husband and I navigate what looked best and corralled our family and friends into the best poses. I'm glad they were on top of me about taking photos even when I wanted to dance the night away. Because of them, I have amazing pictures to remember the best night ever for the rest of my life.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Gracie · Married on 10/02/2016

Live picture studio's was amazing! we used them for our video and photography during our wedding. They know what they are doing. My advice is to just follow their directions as they are the professionals!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Kelsey · Married on 08/07/2016

We are thrilled with our experience with LPS and our video turned out beautifully! While I agree with a few reviews that the sales reps do try to steer you away from the Economy package, you don't have to worry about the quality of the outcome. We got the Economy package and it is a perfect 3.5 minute representation of our wedding. You would really never know there was only 1 shooter based on the way it was edited by Paul. Working out the timeline was a bit of a challenge w/ only 1 shooter, but Igor, our videographer, was a pleasure to work with the day of the wedding, and was very professional. Of course I wish we could have afforded a longer edit, but I'm looking forward to getting the raw footage to re-live any moments not captured in the video. This company is a preferred vendor for our venue (Rock Island Lake Club) and it was apparent that they knew what they were doing. We got our video within ~8 weeks of our wedding, and Paul kept us updated throughout the editing process. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a movie-quality wedding highlight video!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Live Picture Studios did a fantastic job with our Wedding Highlight. The sales associate I dealt with leading up to choosing them as a vendor for our wedding was fantastic - always very responsive to my many emails and questions. The two videographers who did the filming were great. While most of the time I didn't even know they were there, there were specific shots they wanted to capture, so they jumped in to stage those moments. We were told the highlight would be completed within 4 weeks of the wedding and it was completed after 6 weeks, which isn't bad considering the quality.

I was completely blown away by the end product of the wedding highlight and it was worth the wait and definitely worth the money. I highly highly recommend using LPS. Worth every single penny. We are still waiting on the 20-30 minute regular edit, which should be complete in the next two weeks. I can't wait to see it, I know they'll do a great job!

Sent on 01/23/2015

Gina · Married on 09/28/2014

We were in search of a videographer for our wedding and Live Picture Studios really stood out from the rest. Their cinematic style and editing skills are amazing. My friend used them as well for her wedding and upon seeing their creative edit I was reassured they'd do a great job. The only hiccup I would say is one of the Representatives quoted us the wrong price. We had already signed the contract at that point and submitted our deposit so it was a bit alarming to be told a higher price afterwards. All in all they were apologetic and stuck with their original price so it worked out. All that aside, I would absolutely recommend Live Picture Studios to friends & family. We decided on an 8-12 minute creative edit. Although it may seem short, it captured so many special moments and raw emotion that I can relive without combing through an hour long video. As cliche as it sounds, our wedding day really flew by and everything was a blur so our video is really a blessing and reminder of the love that surrounded us that day. I just got our video today and watched it twice. Both times I cried like a baby. I will likely go home and do it all over again :)

Sent on 02/05/2015
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 09/09/2017

As someone who works in video production, I was very particular about the style and coverage I wanted for our wedding day. LPS had the perfect blend of cinematography/documentary style that I was looking for. They were able to customize a package to fit our needs and budget. Leading up to the wedding day, our producer called to go over every detail with us ahead of time. On the day of the wedding, both videographers were on time and prepared. They asked us to repeat a few shots here and there, but for the most part they were very discreet and unobtrusive! Once the reception started we completely forgot they were even there! They got so many beautiful shots and wonderful moments. We loved our highlight video! As a former editor, having the organized raw footage was very important to me. Once our edit was complete, they delivered everything to us within a week. I would highly recommend LPS to anyone looking for superb video coverage of their wedding day!

Sent on 11/20/2017

I wouldn't trade this investment for anything. Really, the best choice I made out of any decision for the wedding, was choosing this videographer! Totally worth the drive into Jersey City and the 8 week wait in the highlights. I'm serious. I have never seen such a perfect video. It is like reading a book and actually being awed by the movie.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 07/18/2014

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

Lauren Young from Live Pictures Studio did an absolutely fabulous job editing our wedding footage, getting back to us, and providing us with valuable information after the wedding. We are so incredibly grateful to her and her team for the wonderful video they have provided us with. We are so incredibly lucky to have chosen them as our videographer.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Sonia · Married on 07/02/2017

4.2

I am so happy with my wedding video from Live Picture Studios! They captured every special moment in our less than 4 minute highlight! They were very professional and the videographer worked beautifully with my photographer! We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Jenny Kim · Married on 04/13/2019

3.4
      1.0
      3.0

High Quality But Lack of Communication Post-Wedding

Very mixed feelings about our experience with LPS.

Our wedding was in April of 2019 and LPS did both our photos and video.

To state the positive, yes, LPS produces beautiful work with amazing quality. We recognize and acknowledge that the photos and videos are top-notch among others in this industry. In the end, we are very happy with the final deliverables.

We received the last of of all deliverables (the hard drive containing all video footage) yesterday (10/9/2019), which is almost six full months after the wedding. However, regardless of the fact that it took almost half a year to receive photos and video of our wedding, this wasn't the biggest source of our frustration.

The frustration mainly lived in the near total lack of communication from LPS. We understand that LPS is a large company that handles many, many clients at the same time. We also understand the painstaking process of photo/video editing. What we don't understand is LPS' failure to provide timely updates on where we are in the entire process.

We feel that the very least LPS could've done was to provide monthly updates on how they were progressing with the final assets. The contract explicitly stated that certain assets would be delivered after a certain time period (i.e. 6 weeks after wedding, 10 weeks after wedding, etc). However, LPS failed to reach out during the days leading up to the final due date, to give us an update or confirmation on process. We were always the ones who had to reach out first to ask if we would receive our items on time. Therefore, we ended up always feeling left in the dark, wondering what was going on and chasing after something that couldn't be reached.

Let's face it. LPS is not cheap. The prices are expected given the nature of their high quality. However, we started to question if it was really worth it (we paid nearly $8k)--to go through the long wait in radio silence & total darkness.

To summarize--

PROS: High quality, friendly/professional crew on the day-of
    CONS: Very long wait for deliverables, lack of communication

Sent on 10/10/2019

Michele · Married on 12/16/2017

0.4
      0.5

Can’t fit my email to the company so to sum up: Didn’t stay until the end (I paid for 9.5 hours which was until 11pm- packed up early), didn’t capture our grand ceremony entrance (we practiced 20 mins prior to which they were there), 45 min video edit was terrible angles & cuts, CEO was unprofessional basically calling me a liar (although I waited until I got the raw footage to ensure my assumptions were accurate). Basically spent $3400 for a good 4 min highlight video. Something you never want on a wedding is to look back thinking “I can never get those beautiful moments back, if only I went with one of the other 1000’s of companies...”

Sent on 08/10/2018

Live Picture Studios's reply:

Dear Michele, It is unfortunate we could not further discuss your concerns to rectify this matter to your satisfaction. This is always our #1 priority. We certainly never called you a liar, we merely presented the facts as they were. As mentioned, your perception of crew packing up early was merely our 2nd shooter packing up lighting equipment, not in use, while the director kept shooting your reception. Sorry for the confusion.

In terms of your long form edit, you were given a free revision and approved it satisfactorily when delivered for which you ordered DVDs & Blu-Rays. We want you to understand that we offer what we call a "Regular Edit." We call it a "Regular Edit" for a reason so customers do not confuse themselves with a 3-5 Minute Creative Highlight. The regular edit's purpose is to deliver a long-form non-creative linear edit so you can see more of your day based on the time you allocated for the crew to cover. Yes, it is edited with music, but it is not supposed to tell a story like an emotional 3-5 minute highlight.

Your Highlight, which you loved, captured your grand entrance as witnessed here.

As you can see, we are extremely confused as to why you would claim that we missed your grand entrance. We understand we are not perfect, but we do our absolute best to deliver a quality product and a quality customer service experience.

Again, we would be happy to speak further at your convenience so that we may resolve this matter. As you can see, your experience is a stark contrast to our usual 5* ratings. Respectfully, I believe this review is extremely unfair and misleading of our company and the impeccable service we provide.

0.4
      0.5

We have been in contact with LPS for over three weeks now. We scheduled an appointment to book a cinematography package at their Jersey City, NJ office. Less than two hours before our Saturday morning meeting, we received a text message canceling our appointment. We reschedule the booking for a Friday evening. Late Friday morning, we received another text stating that they are no longer available and cannot meet with us. This is a shame because I've worked with the 'owner' professionally in the past. I no longer recommend LPS due to their disorganization and unprofessional behavior.

Sent on 04/24/2015

Live Picture Studios's reply:

We want to apologize for this experience. We want to let you know that we do our absolute best to deliver the best customer service experience as possible. Our high demands can cause mistakes like these. We certainly will learn from this review. Thank you for the feedback and we will do our best to never let this happen again.