16 Reviews for Live Event Painter - Sheila Foley

User Photos
todo alt text

We loved working with Sheila Foley as our live event painter. We met with Sheila at her studio to take a look at her paintings and to give her our vision for our wedding day. Sheila is kind, personable and professional. She truly was able to envision what we hoped for our wedding painting. We haven't seen our finished product yet but know that it will be worth the wait. What we saw so far at the reception was fabulous. Thank you so much for working with us!

Profile Picture Marissa, 11/5/16, 13 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My fiancé and I had a private ceremony and a small reception. We didn't have a dance floor or a dj so I thought we needed something more for the entertainment factor of the wedding. I did some research and came across the idea of a live painter. I loved the idea and thought if I could have the ceremony painted, it would allow guests at the reception to see how the ceremony looked even though it was private with just immediate family. I was immediately attracted to Sheila's style because it had the "painting" feel but it also had such realistic look to the people. It is really amazing that with just a few brush strokes she can really capture the facial features. I contacted Sheila and she was able to work within my budget and even offered me a canvas size that was smaller than her traditional size in order to stay within my budget. I met with Sheila at the venue prior and she was always accommodating and willing to setup wherever and however we decided and very flexible with everything. She always gave me good input and was also always prompt when responding to my numerous emails. The day of our wedding everything turned out so beautifully. Sheila was set up on the balcony right outside the french doors so I was really able to showcase her work. I received so many compliments on her painting and the whole idea of having a painter. Many people said they never have seen anything like that before and thought it was just the coolest thing-even people who didn't attend the event and saw the photos after. Sheila was able to finish the painting at the wedding so we were able to take it home that night and we absolutely love it. It looks just like us and just like the ceremony actually did and it is something unique that we will have forever. If you are looking for that WOW factor for your wedding, Sheila's services are for sure it! Sheila is such a warm and friendly person and we are glad she was part of our day. She really bonded well with my family and guests. Thank you.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Shanon, 9/26/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

How lucky we are that Sheila Foley commemorated our daughter’s and son-in-law’s wedding. I had read an article in the Boston Globe newspaper (June 12, 2014) about her and was amazed to know that such a service existed! I looked her up, communicated via email, then we met and connected.

Sheila was a joy to be with before, during and after the wedding. My husband and I met her at her studio and got to see a few pieces in progress, as well as her finished art. We liked the concept and really liked Sheila. She was caring, thoughtful and a true professional. Her excitement mirrored ours.

It was easy to book her services and she had some suggestions which we liked and made part of the experience. Our guests were intrigued and were able to observe and chat with Sheila. She was unobtrusive yet still caught the splendor of the people and the event.

When we presented the painting to the newlyweds, we took a picture of their reactions. They reacted as we did: breathlessly surprised, delighted, amazed. It was a wonderful gift to them.

Thank you so very much, Sheila. You are a special person with a great talent to be able to preserve a special moment in peoples’ lives.

Profile Picture rusty, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sheila was our live painter at our wedding. She painted our first dance. Her painting was a hit at the wedding. Everyone loved seeing the artwork come to life throughout the night. My husband and I absolutely love the painting. It is so neat that you can tell exactly who everyone is in the painting. Sheila included so many small details that help us remember all the little things about our wedding. Her work is beautiful.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 7/22/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sheila was a pleasure to work with on our wedding day! After talking to her, we decided to go with sketches rather than a painting, to fit the homemade feel of our wedding better. The sketches we received are beautiful and fit our style so well! They were presented beautifully and we cannot wait to frame them and display them in our home! We would recommend working with Sheila to anyone looking for a unique keepsake for their wedding!

Profile Picture User5520359, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sheila did a live event painting for our daughter's wedding last June. Our guests found it very entertaining to watch as Sheila worked on the painting during the reception.
We were very pleased with our painting. We had asked Shelia to paint Nonie and Ben's first dance.
It was beautiful.
It was also a delight to work with Shelia before the wedding . She was always quick to respond to all my emails and she was very flexible in arranging to meet with me before hand to view the venue site. I highly recommend Sheila Foley as a Live Event Painter for any occasion.

Profile Picture User6748972, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sheila's work is amazing. You will be happy you chose her to capture your wedding on canvas.

Profile Picture User6050030, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I would highly recommend Sheila to other couples interested in having a live painting of their wedding! And to couples who aren't interested in having a live painting of their wedding or haven't considered it - DO IT - it's hands down one of the best things we did for ours. We wanted interesting details at our wedding, and we also wanted to commemorate the day in a classic but unique way, and this was perfect on both counts. The guests thought it was the coolest thing that there was a live painter there and many people have been asking about the final product! Somehow, I don't know how, Sheila managed to identify and include all of our important family members and friends in the painting, without us prompting in any way. It's amazing to me, being completely unartistic, how you can totally tell who everybody is and how it captures the feel of the day! It is such a neat thing to have in our home and I know we will cherish it for years to come.

Sheila was great to work with, very responsive via email and flexible working with our wedding planner and our venue. On the day of, she was unobtrusive, tucked into a back corner, but also willing to talk to guests who had questions or who wanted to see what she was working on. It was the perfect little addition to the reception and it gave people something to talk about without being "showy". It worked out perfectly for us that she was located right behind the table with my grandparents, so they are prominently featured, making the painting even more special. The one thing to be aware of is that the finished product takes several months to complete (it's a piece of art after all!), so just know that going in. I have no regrets about using Sheila, and would do it again in a heartbeat!! I encourage all couples to use her at their wedding, it's worth every penny and then some. I'm trying to come up with other occasions in our life that would warrant a custom painting, just so we can work with her again!

Profile Picture User4259073, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sheila painted a beautiful scene from the wedding. Absolutely priceless ! Have to be patient and wait for finished product but definitely worth the wait !

Profile Picture User5416203, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

AMAZING ARTWORK! Well worth the wait! A memory I will have forever on a canvas. I am so happy with the artwork and with Sheila. Thank you!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/26/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sheila came to our recent wedding to create a painting of our wedding reception. She was very easy to work with throughout all of the planning before the wedding. While at the wedding, she was a hit! Everyone was interested in what she was doing and how it was all going to come together. She was great interacting with the guests as they asked questions and admired her work throughout the night.

We received the painting shortly after the wedding. She was able to coordinate with the photographer to get pictures of some of the details from the reception. She was able to incorporate so many details while keeping the theme of the painting “fantasy like.” We really like how the painting is somewhat abstract but at the same time very detailed. Everyone, who visits us, absolutely loves the painting! Many have said that they wish they had thought to have a painting from their wedding, to hang in their house.

We love the painting and are excited to have it displayed in our new home. It is something that we will treasure forever!

Profile Picture Cara, 7/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I was so excited when I came across the idea of having a Live Event painter for my wedding. I felt something was missing to complete my vision for our special day and when I came across this talent - I knew I had found that "something"! Having a painter at your wedding is no doubt an extra, similar to an ice sculpture, or uplighting but the difference is that it's truly unique. The plus is that you'll have something interesting that most of your guests have never seen in action or at a wedding and besides a form of entertainment, you'll have something to treasure for a lifetime. As a vendor, Sheila was super nice and easy going and I'd highly recommend her services. We often interacted over e-mail during my busy wedding planning phase to view samples of her work and talk about what I'd like the focal point to be or essence of the painting and she didn't disappoint - thanks again.

Profile Picture jasmine, 11/19/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The wedding painting done by Sheila Foley came out amazing. The picture comes alive and everyone looks so real. Sheila was also good to work with and always responsive and flexible about meetings, etc. I would highly recommend her services.

Profile Picture Megan, 7/23/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sheila Foley provided a Live Event Painting of the Whistler House Museum of Art's annual Spring Interlude Dinner. Her professionalism is outstanding and her work is exceptional. The completed painting is wonderful and it captured all the fun and excitment of the evening. I would highly recommend Sheila for any special event.

Profile Picture Michael , 6/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sheila was our "secret vendor" at our wedding as it was my grooms wedding gift. Sheila was known to all hotel employees that weekend as top secret and boy did they mean it! They even snuck her in through the kitchen!
I had heard of Sheila after I had done a great deal of research on live event painting. After talking with her and seeing samples of her work, I was highly impressed with her impressionistic approach and style. Her attention to detail as well was something that captured my eye in her other event painting samples. Upon hiring her, she was very self sufficient and communicative in that ensuring those guests that were high importance were captured. I had actually emailed her photographs of guests who were very important to me as well as my husband. This I would highly recommend in that some guests will play musical chairs and create havoc on the painting.
At the event, she was positioned in the room whereby she would have a sweeping view of guests and of course as the focal point, my husband and I during our first dance. She was neat and orderly, unobtrusive to the "VIP" guests with any additional photographs that she had needed for later detail touch ups. She was more than courteous to our guests, willing to chat while working explaining her style, etc, as well as fun to be around.
After the wedding was complete, she and I stayed in touch via email to send each other photos of my flower girls ( you know they don't sit still!), and samples of how the painting was coming along. Each time I would see email from her, I would become so excited knowing that I am going to see another small clue of the final project. When we had received the final painting this past weekend, I almost cried! It was everything I could have hoped for! It truly captured the essence of our wedding, love, family and friends. The color scheme is majestic and lively. She captured pleats in dresses, the bustling of my dress, even the rhinestone pin in my hair.
Following the wedding, no matter how relaxed you feel you are, you are eager as a beaver to get things back from photos, video, etc. Please be patient with Sheila. It did take a little over 5 months to get the painting completed, but I would have waiting longer if needed for such a work of art. Remember this, she is creating a work of art on a blank canvas, your work of art. It is worth every minute of the wait. You will be as happy as I am when it is all completed.
Thank you Sheila! Jonathan and I will truly treasure this memory!

Profile Picture Serena, 10/23/10, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sheila was a pleasure to work with. She thoroughly researched the venue and asked ahead of time about the people we especially wanted included in our painting. Her presence at the reception was an interesting and unique focal point for our guests, who enjoyed seeing the work come to life throughout the night. The finished painting is a beautiful work of art by a very talented artist that we will treasure for the rest of our lives. It hangs in a prominent place in our home, and is a special treat for guests to see their images captured on canvas. Having appreciated Sheila's artwork in the past, we feel so fortunate to not only own one of her paintings, but to have this special remembrance of our wedding reception.

View Vendor Response