Liquid DJs - Modern, Stylish Weddings and Events Reviews

198 | Miami, FL

198 Reviews for Liquid DJs - Modern, Stylish Weddings and Events

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Shannon was amazing; the dance floor was filled the entire evening -- and we had an extra large dance floor. Guests from their 20's through 80's were there, and I don't think a single person sat out. Shannon played a range of music, and the guests were raving. He also did an after-party that the young guests loved! It was a large black tie wedding in an elegant hotel, and Shannon kept the tone and mood of the evening pitch-perfect. You won't be disappointed with them!

Sent on 11/24/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 10/27/2012

Danny was AMAZING! everyone danced until 2am nonstop! the music was exactly what I had asked for. I also had a wonderful time working closely with Shannon leading up to my wedding. There is NO other option for music for your wedding if your looking for people to dance all night and have a GREAT time. Danny made my wedding into a party which is exactly what I wanted!
    Shannon and Danny I can't thank you guys enough, you are both AWESOME! I will definitely be using you for any events I may have in the future.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Lisa · Married on 10/19/2012

I couldn't say enough positive comments about Shannon, Danny and all of Liquid DJ's. they did the lighting and were the life of the party at our wedding last weekend. Danny Cohen was our DJ and he knew exactly what to play and when to play it, he truly made our wedding a party! And we got so many positive comments about our awesome DJ after the wedding. The lighting was absolutely perfect, it made our ballroom stunning and we also got raves about that as well!! Shannon has been talking to me and planning our wedding since 2010 and now that it finally all came together (exactly how I dreamed) I could not thank him enough! Thank you SO Much Shannon & Danny!!

Sent on 10/27/2012

Sandra · Married on 10/06/2012

Shannon and his crew were amazing!! Very professional!! They kept the night going at all times!! If you need a DJ or all the other services they provide you should definetely hire Liquid djs!! Out of all the vendors in my wedding they were the best!!!!!!! Thank you so much Shannon!!!!!! I owe you the world!!

Sent on 10/11/2012
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/29/2012

I usually hate long reviews on this site but Seriously words cannot describe how much we appreciated Liquid DJ's. I would highly recommend them to anyone, it will be the best choice you could make for your wedding! I think I can speak for my husband and myself when I say Shannon and team definitely made the wedding!

To start with MANY people at our wedding (including the staff at the venue, guests and our other vendors) said they have never seen a wedding where on the very first song there is not ONE person still sitting in their seats and it remained that way ALL NIGHT. And to be honest with the smaller number of guests (75) and our actual guests, one of my biggest concerns had been making sure the dance floor was packed all night.

All the music was spot on and a mix so that anyone and everyone enjoyed it. If there was even a slight drop in the number of people on the dance floor Shannon changed the music immediately to liven it back up. It was this and even all of the little things he did that we are very appreciative and lucky to have chosen his team. He also was a great MC announcing the wedding party, speeches etc and provided great suggestions on the flow of the reception.

So, if anyone is on the fence or considering multiple DJ's I personally think there is no question - Liquid DJ's will 100% not disappoint! It will like us, be the best choice you make!

Sent on 10/16/2012

I can't tell you how great the wedding was. DJ killed it and really got the music spot on. It was definitely the most crunkedified (ATL) wedding event that I have ever experienced. ELECTRIC. I'm sure the DJ was blown away of how many people were cutting a rug that night and laughing it up the whole time. Tell DJ LA he did an amazing job and I will make sure to tell all my friends about you guys. Be good and hopefully we will see you down the line.

Sent on 10/19/2012

Andrew · Married on 09/15/2012

Awesome, awesome, awesome... Shannon was by far the best DJ we've heard in a long time. Will definitely be using his company again!!!
    Thanks, Shannon. You made our day

Sent on 09/22/2012

Karen · Married on 08/18/2012

Shannon at Liquid DJs was awesome. The company's music selection is abundant and if they happen to not have a particular song or remix, they find it. Liquid DJs staff is very personable, friendly and easy to contact via phone or email. Liquid DJs website is easy to navigate when you need to plan your event and make payments. They offer different services, such as lighting and decor with the DJ accessories. The DJ (Shannon) came very well dressed and has a great personality for the wedding scene. Everyone loved him and his DJ skills are great. Guests kept complimenting him and stated that they had never danced that much at a wedding. I loved watching my wedding video and seeing everyone have such a good time. We were very happy with the whole experience with this company.

Sent on 09/03/2012

Richard · Married on 06/23/2012

I have to admit we were a little bit skeptical. We surfed all of the websites, and, at every one, Liquid DJs, and Shannon Powell specifically, had hundreds of reviews, all perfect 5/5. Every. Last. One. We couldn't believe that NO ONE, EVER, found ANYTHING wrong with him. Now having worked with him, we know why. He has earned every one of those five-star reviews, and if I could give him more I would.

Shannon was able to take the eclectic music tastes of a bride and groom with alt-rock sensibilities and turn it into a three-hour dance set that had several of our guests coming to me asking for his contact information. He was the consummate professional, he has impeccable music taste, and he was able to roll with the punches (an "hora loca" he knew about, and surprise mariachis during dinner he found out about about an hour before the reception - that was a surprise to us too).

The best compliment I can give to Shannon is that, during our three-hours of dancing after dinner, NO ONE sat. Everyone danced for almost three hours straight! He kept everyone on the dance floor. That was no minor miracle.

We give Shannon and Liquid DJs as strong a recommendation as can come out of the keyboard. Thank you Shannon for making our wedding the unabashed success it was!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Erinn · Married on 06/16/2012

Shannon was our DJ for our June wedding. We were not the easiest bride and groom to please because music is so important to us and we have eclectic tastes. It literally took us a year to carefully compile and narrow down a list of music for the cocktail hour, dinner and reception. It included a lot of 80's party music . Shannon was able to make almost all of our songs work (not the easiest task) and appeal to everyone at the wedding. We were thrilled with the sets he created. The dance floor was full the entire night. We even extended our event for another half and hour because the guests wanted to keep dancing. I could barely remove my shoes at the end of the night because every time we went to sit down Shannon would play another one our favorites. Thank you Shannon and Liquid DJs for a truly memorable party. You are the best!

Sent on 07/23/2012
  • KrissieR

Krissie · Married on 06/09/2012

Awesome DJ company! unforgettable

Sent on 06/14/2012

Samantha · Married on 06/03/2012

These DJs are literally amazing, and that's almost all there is to it. DJ LA was extremely responsive, attentive, and flexible. Throughout the reception he himself sat in the perfect balance of being involved but never drawing attention to himself, and at the same time his mixing and song choices were spot on. He was great at taking requests yet sticking to the playlist. Speaking of which, Liquid DJs does an amazing job of getting all the info before the actual event and makes a detailed yet flexible plan for the order of the evening. They are truly worth every penny.

Sent on 06/20/2012

Rose · Married on 05/26/2012

Shannon was great! He kept the schedule on track, was energetic, kept everyone on the dance floor, was flexible, easy going, organized, and also confident. He mixed Persian music in with American music and did such a great job that it just flowed! It was obvious that he practiced pronouncing the difficult Persian names and was able to do a great job with some very difficult prononciations. He did even better than my father at pronouncing my new last name! People were asking me all night who the DJ was because he was so good. Liquid DJ's did a great job with the lighting as well. All in all I would highly recommend his services specially if you have no clue what to do with music...he will! He has great vision!

Sent on 06/11/2012

Brianne · Married on 05/12/2012

I'm a tough critic (and plan meetings/events for work) and I can honestly say I had the absolute best experience working with Liquid DJs for my wedding! I initially spoke with Shannon and loved his vibe over the phone and asked him if he could be the one doing my wedding - and he said yes. From then on out I dealt with him and Dasha and it was nothing but a professional and pleasant experience. Shannon spent tons of time with me over the phone because I'm very particular about music and noted my every request. You don't NEED to do this with him, but he will if you're picky as hell like me. :) During and after my wedding, nearly every friend and family member we had complimented us on the music and flow of the night - and that's saying a lot since we had all kinds of guests (older family, tastemaker friends from nyc, etc). Everyone was happy, especially my husband and me! We both 100% recommend Liquid and would work with them again in a heartbeat! Before working with them I thought, how can a vendor have THIS MANY good reviews? But after working with them I can see why - their services are fabulous!!

Sent on 10/07/2012

Priya · Married on 03/31/2012

Shannon did such an amazing job at our wedding! He provided music throughout the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and used different music styles for each so that the whole event had a nice flow. The music at the reception was awesome, especially the way Shannon intigrated the indian and american music throughout the reception. We had a ton of fun and our guests keep telling us how much fun they had too. I don't think there was a moment where we didn't dance and from the pictures we have seen so far, it seemed like everyone else was always on the dance floor too. We loved Shannon!

Shannon and his team also did our lighting for our reception and did a beautiful job. He gave us great ideas on how we could take our decor to the next level and used high-quality lighting to make our decor "pop". Everyone kept giving us compliments about how nice the lighting and decor looked.

Shannon was such a pleasure to work with; he is so warm and friendly and was always so helpful in answering our questions. He came highly recommended to us when we first started planning. We booked him over a year in advance because we were afraid that he would be booked on our date - Liquid DJs was the next wedding vendor we booked after the venue! We couldn't have been happier with Shannon and his team - would definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/24/2012
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 03/18/2012

Liquid DJs was awesome!! First of all, on the administrative side they were great to work with. They really worked with my budget and helped me figure out what exactly I wanted and needed for my wedding, without trying to upsell me. Liquid provided my DJ service as well as lighting for my venue and everything was amazing. We had LA as our DJ who was AWESOME. My wedding was half latin and half American, and LA really knew how to keep the party going for both sides. All my guests kept telling me how awesome my DJ was after the wedding and I completely agreed. If you are looking for a DJ vendor who is modern, FUN, professional, and flexible, you definitely have to book Liquid. I had so much fun at my wedding reception and I know I have LA and Liquid to thank for that!!

Sent on 03/31/2012

Christina · Married on 03/16/2012

The BEST vendor decision we made in planning our wedding was hiring Liquid DJ's! From the planning to the actual party, Liquid DJ's gave us the most wonderful experience! I loved being able to log on to the website at any time to add notes, request songs, and go over the details. Also, being able to pay online was a huge convenience! Shannon was incredibly professional and gracious at our reception, and the music captured our emotions, excitement, and energy! Our guests could not stop dancing! He also flawlessly incorporated our cultures (from country music to Lebanese!) Simply the BEST!!!

Sent on 12/28/2012

David · Married on 03/03/2012

Shannon knows how to throw a party. Just a quick story on how good he is; we met in person for the first time a few weeks before the wedding. We had already created an overall playlist, but I took a list of some specific songs with me to make sure we were on the same page. Each time I named a song, he finished my sentence by naming another 2 or 3 that I had on my list. It was as if he had already seen my list and was prepared to create a playlist based off of it. On our wedding day, he flawlessly organized us for the introductions, hosted the event as the M.C. like a professional, and got the party started with no break from beginning to end. We were amazed at how many guests were still there at 1am when the party ended, and they were all saying how exhausted they were from how much dancing they did. If you are getting a DJ, you search should start and end with Liquid DJ's. Yes, they are all great, but I highly recommend requesting Shannon by name. You won't regret it.

Sent on 03/20/2012

leah · Married on 02/19/2012

Shannon was fantastic!! He and his team exceeded my expectations with the reception lighting, it was so enchanting!!! He went above and beyond to make sure we had the best night ever (which we did).

Sent on 03/06/2012

Our wedding Reception was amazing! Great music selection, great lighting. He was beyond pleased, as was the whole family! We'll be contacting Liquid DJ's for any other events in the future.

Sent on 12/16/2012

Aileen · Married on 01/23/2012

DJ LA was so instrumental in making our wedding the best party ever! Their website makes planning and music requests very easy to do. DJ LA was extremely professional, calling before the wedding to review details, and being very flexible with last minute changes and additions the day of. Liquid DJs also did our lighting, which looked fantastic at night.

Sent on 02/10/2012

Adrian · Married on 12/16/2011

Nothing but raving reviews for Liquid DJs from all of our guests! Shannon was an absolute breeze to work with. He was always there when we needed him when it came to planning and organizing our needs, he was always excited and pumped up to help us with anything. When it came to the wedding, DJ LA was AMAZING. Our guests couldn't stop talking throughout the night and for days after the wedding about how great he was at keeping the party going. Our guests especially LOVED that he personally stopped by each and every table to introduce himself and get everyone pumped up for our grand entrance. We honestly can't imagine what it would have been like without him at the mic. We would recommend to anyone looking for a professional, courteous, TALENTED, and quite simply amazing DJ company. Thank you Shannon and LA for everything, you guys are awesome! -Cindy & Adrian

Sent on 01/07/2012

Morgan · Married on 12/03/2011

I cannot express how thrilled I was to have Shannon Perform at our wedding. There was never a dull moment on the dance floor. He was so professional and above all a great host as the party flowed so smooth the entire night. Thank you for making every part of our night so special. The music was so fantastic that our guest are still talking about it! It was a marvelous night and could not have done it without Shannon. Thank you again for hosting our party.

Morgan Lynn

Sent on 12/08/2011

Meghan · Married on 12/03/2011

Shannon, the owner, is great to work with. They have a very user friendly website where you can enter all of your info, select songs, explain toasts, etc. They are very responsive, and are very careful to make sure that all of your requests are met. I entered the info in the website, then got a follow up call from Shannon, then got a follow up call from DJ L.A., who actually did our wedding. I really appreciated their attentiveness in that regard. We made their job harder because I didn't have a ton of requests. My marching orders were basically that I didn't care what they played as long as people were dancing and having fun, and I wanted a DJ who said as little as possible. DJ L.A. totally delivered! He perfectly handled all of our toasts and dances and kept things moving according to Joni's timeline. He also did a great job reading the crowd and definitely kept everyone on the dancefloor all night. And finally, even though he has quite a spunky personality and could have certainly held his own on a microphone, he respected our wishes and kept the focus on the music. All in all, it was a great party and everyone had a ton of fun!

Sent on 12/19/2011

Danny & Gisselle · Married on 11/26/2011

Liquid DJs is great!!!! Shannon was such a nice guy. We had DJ LA for our wedding and let me tell you that our dance floor was never empty!!! He was so lively and definitely kept the party going the entire night!!!! We didn't want it to end! All of our guests are still raving about what a BLAST they had!!! I highly recommend Liquid DJs for a fun, non-stop party

Sent on 12/15/2011