Lipstick N Lashes Reviews

Lipstick N Lashes 4
Lipstick N Lashes 5
Lipstick N Lashes 6
Lipstick N Lashes 7

I am very pleased with how the hair styles for my and my entire wedding party turned out. They were able to travel to our venue, which was fantastic, and they did a great job. The two stylists were very pleasant to deal with, and they worked at a good pace to keep us on schedule. They were totally okay with minor comments and changes to get things exactly as we wanted them. During the early stages of the process, they were mostly responsive, but I had to follow up a little bit to confirm that my contract and deposit had been received and to schedule my trial. Overall, I would recommend the stylists at Lipstick N Lashes for wedding hair.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Samantha was a fantastic addition to our day and made getting ready stress-free! Everyone's hair that she did looked gorgeous, including my own. I have a LOT of pretty thick hair so it's hard to keep in an updo for long, but Samantha's style held well into the reception which is all that matters. Thank you for a perfect hairstyle for me and my bridesmaids!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Emily · Married on 08/25/2012

Lipstick 'N Lashes did the hair and makeup for my wedding last month. They did 8 people all together and everyone looked amazing! I couldn't have been happier with the results. They started at 8am and had everyone done before noon. Joanna did all of our makeup and there were 2 girls doing hair. They came right to my house, which was very convenient for us and allowed the whole bridal party to hang out together before the wedding. It also helped me relax a little knowing everyone would be together and would be ready on time. I would recommend Lipstick 'N Lashes to anyone planning a wedding. They are very experienced and professional. Everyone looked beautiful!

Sent on 09/26/2012
  • DianaMitchell

Diana · Married on 06/06/2010

Joanna was incredibly flexible - we were late the day of because my hair had taken WAY longer than it should have, and of course if was pouring rain all morning. She did an AMAZING job, speedy without cutting any corners - just like my makeup trial and my makeup lasted alllll day both after the trial and the day of the wedding. I wish her studio had had a little more lighting for my own comfort in seeing the finished product, but clearly she is an artist that knows what she's doing because both in indoor & outdoor lighting my face looked flawless and completely natural, I LOVED it.

Sent on 07/01/2010

John · Married on 01/20/2010

Joanna was very professional and friendly.Their hair and makeup services are excellent and they are very acommodating.I would highly recommend her to anyone and would definitely use her services in the future.

Sent on 03/08/2010

Alicia · Married on 01/14/2018

Joanna was wonderful!!! I just had my hair/makeup trial and she did a great. I only have great things to say about her. She is very friendly and such an easy-going person. I would highly recommend her for your make-up trials and I’m looking forward to my wedding day as I am confident she will make me look absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 10/25/2017
    Lipstick N Lashes 8

3.5

I used L'N'L for my hair and makeup and for M.O.H and M.O.B hair and makeup. They did a stellar job. A tip for using them though is only do bridal hair and makeup trials if you don't know what you want. They charge you full price for trials and they only do a quarter of what they do the day of! SO, don't pay for a trial if you don't have to. The job they did on the wedding day was amazing. I cried my eyes out and thought for sure my false lases and eyeliner had run, but it didn't move at all! Everything stayed perfectly in place like a gorgeous painting all day! The makeup didn't look or feel heavy at all! These girls really know what they are doing, and their lashes make for some pretty dramatic close up shots!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Lipstick N Lashes's reply:

Thank you for the fantastic review Laura! In response to your comment on the trials, we look at the trial as not only trying out the hair and/or makeup but also connecting with our brides and getting to really know what it is what they are looking for in terms of hair and/or makeup for the most photographed day of their life. We really appreciate your feedback and to hear your experience with the hair and makeup is wonderful for our future brides to hear!

Leah · Married on 03/15/2014

I had a such great experience working with LNL! I had no idea what I wanted to do for my hair and makeup trial-- but I brought in pictures of hairstyles I liked and told Joanna what I normally do for makeup and Joanna created a whole look for me-- and worked with me to make sure it was exactly what I wanted. The day of my wedding, Joanna and another makeup artist came to my venue to do hair & makeup on site. Having them there made the day so much more relaxing!! And everybody's hair and makeup was just absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 04/19/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/26/2013

3.5

The girls did a fabulous job with the hair and make up - I was so pleased! From the recommendations on color during the trial to offering to assist with last minute details on the day of the wedding, the ladies were flexible, easy to work with, and great at their jobs. I have used Lipstick N Lashes several times in the past (sister's wedding, HS reunion, gala, friend's wedding, and now for my wedding) and am always thrilled with the results!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Molly · Married on 06/17/2011

Krsytl and Joanna were fantastic! They both did a stunning job on me and my bridesmaids! Their price was very fair, and their work was perfect!

Sent on 08/02/2011

Leah · Married on 05/14/2011

I had Angela for hair and Christy for makeup. It was great having them come to our hotel in Lake George for no extra fee. Angela was very friendly and did a great job on everyone's hair. She burned herself on the curling iron and we could tell she was in a lot of pain, but she kindly finished everyone's hair without even complaining.

With the makeup, Christy is sweet and did a nice job but she made one of my bridesmaids late for photos. I said I needed everyone ready by noon, but she was not finished until 12:30. I would suggest that if you are working with her, you tell her a time 30 minutes before you really need everyone ready by. Also, if you want a natural look, you need to stress that.

I would definitely recommend Lipstick N Lashes with those suggestions.

Sent on 06/02/2011

Cheryl · Married on 08/12/2017

For my wedding I chose Lipstick N Lashes for my hair and makeup. It was great that they could do both because I didn't have to find a separate vendor for each. My overall experience with Lipstick N Lashes was good and they did a great job on my hair and makeup! I did a trial before the wedding which was good because it helped me to get an idea of what looked good but it was a little pricy. Throughout the process I talked with Joanna but at times it was a little stressful because sometimes I wouldn't get a response back for a little while and for a bride that can be stressful. Also, you have to give a deposit for your hair and makeup ahead of time and some travel fees are due at that time. Joanna was a little forgetful with the money I paid ahead of time for travel fees and she would ask me to pay extra. Also, she would go back on things that she said originally so that was a little stressful. I was happy with the stylists that helped me on my wedding day and they did a great job! So they made up for the hiccups along the way. I was glad that I picked Lipstick N Lashes for my wedding.

Sent on 09/25/2017

3.5

Lipstick N Lashes did a pretty good job for our wedding party. I do want to caution future brides that Lipstick N Lashes has mainly free lance hair stylist and make-up artists which means that not all the reviews are for the same "team" of people who may end up providing your services.

Lipstick N lashes was very responsive (I was particularly thankful of that given that we were planning this wedding from a distance). Great value, professionalism, and flexibility.

I would have given a score of 5/5 if I was just rating our hair stylist Katie who ended up being the only person I used from Lipstick N Lashes. She did an amazing job for all of my seven bridal party members. I ended up rating 3.5/5 overall because I was very disappointed in the make-up artist that I was assigned for my wedding day. I was so displeased with my make-up after the trial, I cancelled my make-up service completely and asked everyone in my bridal party to do their own make-up. Since we all liked what we did for ourselves on the day of, overall a good experience with LipStick N Lashes.

Sent on 08/02/2012

Lipstick N Lashes's reply:

Lipstick N Lashes has several employees as well as freelancers that work with us just during wedding season. Our freelancers, with the exception of some new ones, have been with us for several years. They are considered "freelancers" only because most of them do have full time jobs but love doing hair and/or makeup and are no different than a full time employee in the sense that they are very experienced, talented and great with customers. They are part of our team and several of freelancers have their work on the website.

Kirsten · Married on 08/06/2011

Joanna made me look and feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day!! She did a great job on my makeup and all of my girls makeup as well! She was very accommodating since I waited until the last moment (literally, three weeks prior to the wedding) to book my makeup appointment, but took me for my trial without any problem!! I really appreciated that she traveled to us in our hotel suite so we could relax, and the price was right as well! I got so many compliments on my makeup and its definitely thanks to Lipstick N Lashes!

Sent on 08/18/2011

Heather · Married on 07/24/2010

Joanna and her crew were very willing to work with me and made things go as smoothly as possible. With ten bridesmaids, it could've been a crazy morning but they arrived early and were able to get everyone's hair and make up done in record time (and done very well!!). They were willing to work with each person to give her exactly what she wanted.

Sent on 01/22/2011

Kara · Married on 01/23/2010

Joanna is an incredible professional. She knew exactly how to make me feel beautiful on my wedding day. She kept me calm. Through all of the craziness she was there to help, and felt more like a friend than just a make-up artist. I had a special request for my make-up style and Joanna was willing to go through all of her resources to make that happen. She helped my bridesmaids and gave us tips. She was on time and seemed really happy to be there- she's very enthusiastic about what she does and she also makes you feel comfortable and at ease. I would definitely recommend Lipstick-n-lashes for your special day!

Sent on 02/20/2010

Lauren · Married on 10/11/2015

Joanna and her team of stylist are awesome! I was very happy with everyone's hair and makeup and it held up throughout the night. Its very convenient that they offer the option to travel to you the day of and really helps alleviate any added stress. I would highly recommend this salon for bridal services.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Lisa · Married on 07/03/2015

very professional. Great service. Would definitely recommend

Sent on 07/13/2015

They are such talented artists, and every single person they worked on looked beautiful.

Equally importantly, they were right on time, friendly, awesome to be around, and very calming.

Sent on 10/11/2013
  • Jacquelyne

Jacquelyne · Married on 07/20/2013

3.0

The services provided by the girls at Lipstick N Lashes were wonderful. All of my bridesmaids walked away that morning feeling great about their hair and makeup. When working with them leading up to the day of the wedding, the response time was a little longer than I would have liked and the communication was not always clear, however I would definitely recommend them for anyone looking for good quality at a good price.

Sent on 07/27/2013

Gayle · Married on 05/26/2012

3.5

I had a great experience with Joanna and her staff. I was not happy with my hair trial and we talked about what my vision was. On my wedding day my hair was perfect and just what I wanted!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Jennifer · Married on 10/03/2015

4.2

Overall very happy with results from Joanna and her crew. I ultimately decided on them because I was given 2 hair stylists and a makeup artist (rather than most other places were giving me one makeup and one hair). Bridal hair and makeup is expensive and there's not way around that. After my trial (which you pay the same amount as your wedding day) my hair was falling out after 2 hours. I was very concerned. After some discussion with Joanna, I was praying that didn't happen on my wedding day. Ultimately, my hair lasted perfectly that day and my makeup was flawless. Only concern was my hair was suppose to start at 8 am and at 820, they still were not at my apartment. We ended up finishing with plenty of time but it's still nerve racking that day when you start late.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Lipstick N Lashes's reply:

Thank you for the review Jennifer! The being late part was not really a fair addition to your review though because we were on time, early in fact, until we got into the vicinity and not only was it until we had been driving around for several minutes when we finally found your apartment were we informed that because the complex was so new, it was not coming up on GPS. We pride ourselves on being on time so once we did find you it was definitely an enjoyment to spend the morning with you and your girls!

Meagan · Married on 05/25/2014

4.2

I have to start by saying that I (the bride) was VERY happy with how my hair and make-up looked on the day of my wedding. That said, I definitely had some nervous moments with Lipstick and Lashes. My trial was a little scary because we never quite got the hair right and it fell out about 30 minutes after I left. On the day of, they didn't bring the pictures from my trial, but luckily I had them on my phone. The first attempt at my hair was kind of a disaster, but then Anne took over, and she did an INCREDIBLE job. For the moms and bridesmaids, we had a couple of misstarts (too much make-up, lots of height in the hair styles), but both Anne and Joanna were really patient and worked with everyone until it was right. I would definitely recommend them, just be very clear about what you want and let them know when you aren't 100% satisfied because they really will work with you to get it.

Sent on 06/10/2014

3.0

I didnt give them a complete 5 because I had my trials and I loveddddd how it looked. And then the day of the wedding, they did something completely different. My hair had a poof WHICH I HATE. and my makeup made me look asian, and im not at all. My eyes were squinty in all of the pictures, or looked half closed.

Sent on 11/22/2013

Lipstick N Lashes's reply:

Thank you for your feedback. If you did not post privately and we knew who this was it would be helpful. We never leave a bride unhappy so if you did not like something then that would be the time to speak up, not in a review. We are sorry if you were unhappy but unless that is communicated to us we do not know that!

Liz · Married on 09/06/2014

3.0

Joanna provided makeup for me and my bridesmaids at my wedding, as well as my makeup for my engagement photos. She used quality products and everyone looked absolutely flawless. We opted for a more natural look for the wedding, and everyone looked their best without that heavy makeup look. Because of this, I would absolutely recommend Joanna as a make up artist.
    I would have really appreciated if the makeup trial was included at no cost. I felt the trial was absolutely useful and I was so happy with my makeup the day of as a result of notes and adjustments we made after the trial; I don't think it should be an optional service that costs almost as much as makeup the day of. I would also recommend sending out a final invoice two weeks (or at least one week) prior to the event. I didn't receive the final numbers until the day prior, when I had gone in to meet with Joanna for the complimentary nail session. Personally, I would have preferred nixing the complimentary nails and receiving lip product (for touch ups) at no cost. Again, these are just personal preferences and notes regarding the services offered, but I would like to highlight that the makeup was applied beautifully and I could not have been happier with our end result. Joanna is friendly, punctual, comes prepared, and creates stunning looks.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Lipstick N Lashes's reply:

Thank you for the feedback Liz. I so enjoyed getting you and your girls ready for your big day and I am so happy that you loved your makeup!