39 Reviews for Linwood Estate

Stations (3)
Valet (3)
Covered Outdoor (1)
Buffet (1)

I fell in love with this venue the first time I went to visit! I couldn’t imagine our wedding anywhere else once I had discovered this hidden gem! Our guests are still raving about how beautiful the property was and that it was the best wedding they have been to. We owe all of that to the wonderful venue manager and team! They were readily available for any questions I had during the planning process and even the week of for last minute things, we had some quests show up unexpectedly and they were more than happy to accommodate those guests and ensured they had a place to sit for dinner! My one bridesmaid described the venue to her friends as “if unicorns were real, they would live there.” The venue is magical and the perfect place if you want everything at the same place!! So glad I came across it while searching for venues!

Profile Picture Alyse, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don’t even know where to begin!!! My husband and I couldn’t be more happier with our choice of wedding venue. We only looked at one other venue but we knew nothing would even come close to what Linwood could offer us, so we signed the contract the very next day. The Estate is so beautiful, our guests could not stop raving about it. The best part was that we were lucky enough to stay on the property the whole weekend. As for, Jessica and Michelle they were absolutely amazing throughout the whole process. They made everything so simple, were quick to answer any questions we had, and just a joy to work with. The day of the wedding they were there to orchestrate everything flawlessly. If there were any problems (which there weren’t), we had no idea because they know how to handle any situation thrown at them. Our dream fairytale wedding came true thanks to everyone that is a part of the Linwood family. We can’t thank them enough and recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding venue that does it all!!!

Profile Picture Julia, 4/28/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Linwood Estate offers a place to make your dreams to come true. My son wanted a wedding facility that had a silhouette of the mountains and my daughter in law wanted true elegance. This is it!!!
Linwood Estate is the most stunning venue in Central Pennsylvania. The amenities are beyond gorgeous, with an amazing staff. Michelle Hare, Director of Venue Marketing and Sales, provided a smile and warmth thru the entire wedding planning. Michelle and Erika Hegedus, Director of Design and Innovation, made the bride’s every dream come to reality.
Our request for a Kosher Menu, even though never done before, was provided by JDK, without a complaint and to shear perfection. The JDK staff, that served during the cocktail hour and dinner were beyond fabulous.
Linwood Estate is truly a one of a kind venue and a beautiful place to celebrate a wedding or any other wonderful event with your family and friends.
Ellen and Wayne S

Profile Picture ellen, 10/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Linwood Estate was amazing from the moment that we went to go visit when we first got engaged! Michelle really is the BEST wedding coordinator ever! Their entire team was amazing! Our entire wedding planning process was made stress free with Linwood! And when our big day came, I didn't have to worry about anything! It was the best day ever! We are very happy that we decided to have our wedding at Linwood!!

Profile Picture Anna, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Words cannot describe how wonderful Linwood is! The grounds, cottage, mansion, and reception hall are stunning. Jessica was a joy to work with. She was so helpful, and we couldn't have made the wedding day as amazing without her guidance. The staff was awesome as well! They were attentive and kind. They set up everything better than we imagined. The day was absolutely perfect and I cannot reccommend Linwood and the staff highly enough! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Erin, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Booking at Linwood Estate was the best decision we made for our wedding! Everything about it is beautiful and the staff did an amazing job! We highly recommend Linwood

Profile Picture Sam, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It only took a short amount of time on the property for us to FALL IN LOVE with this venue! We wanted an outdoor ceremony and a reception space w/a dance floor big enough to accommodate 175 guests. One of the major reasons we selected Linwood Estate was the option of a stunning inside back-up plan - as it turns out, we had to take advantage of this. There were definitely mixed emotions; however, since we had chosen such beautiful back-up plan, it was hard to be upset! We were allowed to make this decision up until 3 hours prior to ceremony time - we never felt pressured, and it allowed us to see what the weather was going to do! The wedding ceremony was PERFECT! The team at Linwood smoothly transitioned the room for the reception. The weather had let up enough for us to take pictures outside on the property - since there are SO MANY beautiful options, we were grateful that we were able to take advantage of them! NUMEROUS guests commented on the character of the mansion - everyone loved it! The reception was everything we wanted - phenomenal food, non-stop dancing and superb service. Linwood Estate provided an amazing wedding experience for us - it was EVERYTHING we wanted (and more!). The cost of booking Linwood Estate is a bit pricey, but it’s helpful to keep in mind everything that comes with it (the ENTIRE property for 24 hours, an events coordinator - including preparation and set-up, food and catering - including on-site preparation and service). Also, Linwood Estate does not provide alcohol. This was NOT an issue for us, as we found that it was actually cheaper to provide the alcohol. The events coordinator, Michelle Hare was BEYOND AMAZING! She worked with us every step of the way to make our big day exactly what we wanted and stress-free. She ensured that everything went smoothly and that above all else, we remained happy! Michelle is simply amazing! Thank you, Linwood Estate - for providing the BEST wedding experience!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Set Up, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

I don't know even know where to start in order to express how perfect Linwood Estate was for our wedding. First off, it is an absolutely beautiful location. We fell in love with it on first sight. I can't tell you how many guests told me it was the most beautiful wedding venue that they had ever been to. We got married on the front lawn, had the cocktail hour in the mansion and the reception in the Appalachian Ballroom. I loved getting ready with my bridesmaids in the bridal suite in the mansion. Plus, my husband and his groomsman enjoyed hanging out in the cottage prior to the ceremony. Also, there are 9 bedrooms within the mansion and cottage. My husband and I obviously stayed in the bridal suite and our family stayed in the other rooms. Each room is more beautiful than the next. It is beyond words stunning.

In terms of service, Michelle, Director of Events at Linwood Estate, is completely amazing. She is not only professional and on top of it, but she is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. She was so helpful and responsive throughout the planning process and on the big day. I honestly want to call the owners of Linwood to make sure they know they have an absolute gem and to never lose her! In addition to Michelle, everyone at the JDK Group is very talented and professional. In regards to catering and food...fantastic. The chef is brilliant and the menu options were great. Guests raved about the food. Further, the floral team is wonderful. Erika, our florist with the JDK Group, is so accommodating and helpful in addition to unbelievably talented. She immediately got my vision and brought it to life perfectly.

In sum, Linwood Estate is the most beautiful venue and the team of people you will work with is of the utmost talented and professional out there. This venue was a dream come true. We are so happy and grateful that we found it. Our day was perfect. Thank you Linwood Estate and JDK Group!!! Elyse & Brian

Profile Picture Elyse, 9/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

There is no way to express how absolutely incredible Linwood was for our wedding! My husband and I got married at Linwood on July 16, 2016! First, the venue itself is breathtaking--something out of a movie! My husband and I looked at this venue before any others, and NOTHING else compared. It gives you that romantic, modern-vintage look and you can't find many other places. It really felt like a scene out of a Nicholas Sparks movie. Also, the fact that we got to get ready on-site before the wedding/ stay in the beautiful mansion the night of our wedding was a huge plus! We could continue the party with our family and closest friends who were staying on property after the reception! Also, allowing the girls to get ready in the mansion and the guys in the groom's cottage also kept us from seeing each other before the ceremony without feeling like we had to "hide" all morning and afternoon. Second, the grounds staff, house crew, and JDK catering company are so good at what they do! The definitely don't skimp on preparation or quality! The staff put so much time and additional detail into the littlest things that a bride or groom wouldn't typically think about. They create an entire "look book" page in your profile and base their decorating schemes around your visions. Trust me when I say our minds were all over the place when it came our vision, but somehow everyone knew exactly what we wanted. They're true professionals and absolutely outstanding at what they do! Lastly, Michelle... where to begin?! Michelle was my saving grace from the day I sent in an email saying we were interested in looking at the venue. She is one of the nicest people you will ever meet and ALWAYS has a smile on her face. She is SO organized and always willing to answer questions, and was able to produce a wedding we thought we could only dream of! I wish I could give Linwood and the staff more than 5 stars because they TRULY deserve it! Our day was perfect and we owe it all to them.

Profile Picture Jenna, 7/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Linwood is truly one of a kind venue and an absolutely beautiful place to celebrate a marriage. I fell in love with everything at Linwood Estate. I stayed there for a weekend in June 2016 and the celebration of my marriage to my husband could not have been anymore perfect. I realized it takes an army to make sure everything runs smoothly and Linwood’s team and the Director of Events, Michelle, are without a doubt the best there is. We not only had our reception there but also our rehearsal dinner and a Sunday morning brunch with our bridal party and family. Friday night, all of my bridesmaids stayed in the estate with me while my now husband and his groomsmen stayed in the cottage, making it such an amazing way to wake up on my wedding day. My girls and I woke up on Saturday and had make up and hair done in the bridal suite while the guys roamed the property and enjoyed the cottage. We had our ceremony elsewhere but as soon as we returned to Linwood, the whole bridal party and my husband and I had our own servers ready with our requested drinks and appetizers as we hopped out of our limos. We freshened up where we had begun our day and quickly ventured the land to take breathtaking photographs thanks to the gorgeous property with a pond and beautiful landscaping while our guests enjoyed cocktail hour in the estate and on the patio. Throughout the reception, the entire Linwood team was wonderful and catered to every guest’s need.

Michelle made my wedding day better than I could have ever imagined. Leading up to the day, she answered my countless emails and made the whole process so enjoyable. She always greeted my family and me with a smile and made things happen when I thought the ideas were impossible.

I continue to hear from people telling me how beautiful Linwood is. This was truly a once in a lifetime celebration and I can honestly say my dreams would not have come true without Michelle, her team, and this beautiful property.

Profile Picture Krystal, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink

I want to reiterate what an amazing job you and your team did at the wedding. As I mentioned, from the first time we met you, touring Linwood Estate, the booking process, follow up meetings, helpful tips and information, to the actual wedding day, working with you has been an absolute pleasure. We never could have imagined a more perfect weekend than what we had for our daughter at Linwood Estate. The bridal suite is gorgeous and so functional. The rooms were comfortable and beautifully decorated and the extra toiletries were such a nice touch. The house is so lovely and elegant yet comfortable and welcoming. The atmosphere there was integral to setting the tone for the day. The gardens and peaceful vistas make it a magical place. The train just adds to the charm, given the history of the property. Set up for the wedding never interfered with the bridal party. The house and the ballroom were beautiful with the extra touches you included. You took every detail mentioned, and went above and beyond our provisions with additions that exactly fit their design. The food was superb and the staff were so friendly and attentive. I was told many times how wonderful the food was. Our guest asked for gluten, dairy free, & no seasoning said this was the first time in 10 years of attending events that he actually could eat his meal! I want to commend you on the fantastic job you did producing the brunch and wedding in one day! You provided everything we could ask for & things we never even thought of. You as always, were cheerful, maintained a sunny disposition for 16 hours, organized every aspect of the day, every staff member working to achieve perfection for us while dealing with any issue that arose without asking us to get involved. I know there were issues, but you wouldn't let anything interfere with our day. Our guests told us it was "the best wedding ever!" Much of that had to do with you Michelle, the JDK team and the beautiful Linwood Estate.

Profile Picture User6846990, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up

Linwood is the most stunning wedding venue in the central PA region! The estate, cottage, and ballroom are all styled in beautiful taste. The grounds are just amazing with beautiful gardens and mountain views. We loved that booking the place included the 9 rooms for the night; it was super convenient for getting ready and relaxing the night of. The venue includes a lot which took a lot of stress off when it came to planning.

The venue coordinator, Michelle, was wonderful to work with. She had great communication the entire time and was a huge help the day of. About 30 mins before our ceremony, the sky opened up and started to rain. The Linwood team was able to flawlessly move the ceremony location to the ballroom without a delay. The staff were so helpful in getting us & the wedding party around the property in the rain via golf cart. Besides the rain, everything went perfectly according to plan, and we have Linwood to thank for that.

We had so many compliments from our guests with regards to the venue and food. Overall, we could not have chosen a better venue. Book Linwood they are worth every penny - you won't regret it!

Profile Picture User7653723, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There isn't a better venue in Central PA, than Linwood Estate. It is elegant, beautiful, and absolutely incomparable to anything else. We were so thankful to have Michelle, the site coordinator, throughout the entire process. You will not find a better or more genuine person, let alone coordinator. She understood our vision from the first meeting and was always there for us throughout our entire planning process. Linwood Estate will wow guests and leave a lasting impression. Our guests were telling us from the moment they were there, "This is the most beautiful wedding and venue I have ever been to." Not only is the venue beautiful but it has everything you could ever want. A beautiful lawn for an outdoor ceremony as well as a beautiful indoor "back up" ceremony location. There are sprawling gardens, a pond, a beautiful gated entrance way, an incredible terrace for cocktail hour, and a huge ballroom equipped with jaw dropping chandeliers. You and your bridal party can get ready on property, and the evening of your wedding the bride and groom can sleep in the Bridal Suite (King size bed, claw foot bathtub, walk in shower). You also receive 8 complimentary guest rooms with the venue rental. We had our parents and bridal party stay on property with us.
If you want a beautiful and classy wedding with touches of vintage decor and grandeur... Linwood is it. We would do it all over again we could!

Profile Picture Ashton, 5/29/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor

Linwood ensured our wedding day was perfect! The amenities and venue are beyond gorgeous, which was very important. However, more importantly was the fact that I (the bride) did not have to worry about anything the day of the wedding. Michelle and the staff took care of everything. Michelle was honestly the best part of our experience at Linwood. Before the wedding, we went to the venue at least five times. Every time she opened the venue so we could look around and plan small details. The day of the wedding Michelle SAVED the day. Three days before the wedding Maggie King our make-up artist canceled. We only had one person doing our make-up and the bridal party would not be finished in time. Michelle personally and without hesitation opened the venue a few hours early. Words cannot describe how much I appreciate what Michelle did for us.
It ended up raining our entire wedding day but the indoor option for the ceremony was gorgeous. We had our ceremony in the ballroom under the chandelier facing the mountains. Even though it was raining, Linwood had a ton of covered areas for the bridal party to take pictures. We were thrilled about how many outdoor pictures the photographer was able to take despite the rain.
The service was exceptional. The bridal party had their own servers who brought us drinks and food while we were taking pictures during cocktail hour! Our drinks were always filled and we all got to taste every appetizer. At one point, the staff was standing out in the rain when we were taking pictures. They really went above and beyond to ensure the bridal party was taken care of. Our menu was customized to our preferences. The groom mentioned preferring another vegetable than the one we chose for guests. They made a special plate for him with his preferred vegetable. It was all the little detail that made our experience so positive. Our wedding day was perfect and much of that was thanks to Linwood and Michelle!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Plated, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up

Linwood Estate is a stunning venue, with an amazing staff. We got married at Linwood Estate in July of 2016. Throughout the wedding planning process, Michelle was so helpful, friendly, and felt like an old friend! The food and service provided by JDK catering was phenomenal. Michelle and JDK provide top notch service and do everything in their power to please the bride and groom.

Linwood Estate is a GORGEOUS venue. Its grounds are well taken care of with beautiful flowers and blossoming trees. There are so many beautiful locations outside of Linwood Estate that the photos produced on the wedding day are out of this world. The actual estate is super awesome because the inside is completely redone-it looks like something straight out of a pier one magazine. The new ballroom is breathtaking with the large glass chandeliers.

Everyone that attended our wedding could not get over the venue. It is so unique and different from typical weddings. Our ceremony was outside, cocktail hour throughout the mansion(guests loved this), and reception in the ballroom.

Our wedding was the best day ever and I think that Linwood Estate, Michelle, and JDK have a large role in that!

Profile Picture Olivia, 3/2/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink

Wow, I don't even know where to begin! From the moment I stepped onto the property while attending a bridal expo in July of 2014, I was swept away by enchantment. There is elegant charm behind every little detail in the mansion, ballroom and beyond. Even the bathrooms are gorgeous! My husband and I could not have made a better selection in choosing the Linwood Estate for our special day, and our wedding is now being described by friends and family as "the event of the century." Michelle, the estate's coordinator is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL and a true gem of a person to work with. I truly have never met a more genuine and accommodating individual. I can honestly say the Linwood Estate deserves every bit of a 5 star rating and I will continue to recommend this lovely venue for years to come!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/17/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where to start, my Fiance and I saw Linwood Estate on a wedding website and made an appointment immediately. We loved everything about Linwood from the website and as soon as we stepped onto the property we knew it'd be impossible to beat and once we met Michelle there was no question about it we were going to get married there no matter what!

From the beginning Michelle made us feel important and that continued throughout the planning process and even after the wedding. Michelle gets to know her brides and grooms and even their families. It's truly amazing how much time she puts into making your day flawless - even if something happens she ensures it's fixed and the bride and groom aren't aware. Also, every time we met with her no matter what time of day / night she never made us feel rushed or that she had somewhere else to be. All of her attention is on you and that made the planning process much easier. With every meeting she put us at ease and by the final walk through we knew our day was going to be everything we had ever wanted.

Linwood Estate is beyond gorgeous - we were at the venue during each season and it's the perfect venue for a wedding at any time during the year. I love that there are 3 separate locations for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. It allows the guests to see the grounds and enjoy a different atmosphere at each. There are multiple options for your wedding ceremony but the backdrop of the Mansion was our favorite!

Overall - Linwood Estate is an amazing wedding venue you can’t beat the beauty of the property and with the added value of Michelle makes this place worth every penny.

Profile Picture Kelsy, 10/10/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Wheelchair Access

It's hard to put into words how happy we are with Linwood! From the very beginning Michelle was able to walk us through the little details during planning and work with us to make our day so special. We are truly happy with everything Linwood provided us throughout the whole process and on our special day. Michelle and her team are amazing! We are so grateful for everything they did to make everything run so smoothly and we never once had to worry! They worked great with our vendors too. If I could replay my special day I wouldn't change a thing! My favorite day by far. Our families were blown away at how beautiful the property was and all of its little details. Thank you Michelle and Linwood!!

Profile Picture Jaimie, 10/3/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Linwood Estate helped to create the most amazing day of our lives. Where do I begin? The grounds and buildings are absolutely breathtaking, and the service is out of this world. Our guests went out of their way over and over again to tell us how amazing the food was and how attentive, friendly and fun the staff was. Our venue coordinator, Michelle, helped us every step of the way. Her friendly attitude, wealth of knowledge and endless creativity helped bring our day to life in a way I never could have imagined. She made everything so comfortable, easy and stress free so we could focus on having the best day of our lives. Thank you to Linwood Estate - I cannot rave about you enough, and will certainly suggest you to anyone we know in search of a venue!

Profile Picture Jackie, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Linwood is absolutely beautiful. We first looked at Linwood before the renovations were complete and we were a little apprehensive to book the venue before it was finished, but I'm so happy we did. Michelle went above and beyond not only on the day of, but leading up to the wedding she was always very responsive and so helpful in helping us create our perfect wedding. The rest of the staff was very professional, attentive, and helpful.

Profile Picture Shannon, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Valet, Chairs, Tables

We were married in early September at Linwood Estate. Our wedding day was a dream, and we were blown away by our experience with Linwood. Leading up to our date, Michelle the venue coordinator was extremely responsive and detail-oriented. She is friendly and welcomed all input from family members who wanted to be a part of the planning. There was plenty of availability to use the property for our engagement photo session, and on the day-of the team at Linwood helped with special touches in decorations and layout to make our wedding completely tailored to our preferences. We looked at a lot of venues, and we found Linwood to provide a unique setting with beautiful surrounding scenery to provide a rustic feel. The mansion and ballroom also have classy elegant touches including large bay windows and chandeliers. The venue works well for both indoor and outdoor weddings, so weather is not an issue, which is a relief during planning. We had a warm day but cocktail hour has both indoor and outdoor options so that everyone in our large extended families, along with friends, could find a place where they were comfortable and relaxed. The reception has nice bathrooms and air conditioning. The bridal suite and groomsmen's entire carriage house provide a fun whole-day experience. Rooms for the bridal party at the venue are included in the costs. Michelle and her team catered to us not only on our wedding day but throughout planning, in answering emails and at planning meetings, which is a huge plus. So many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the venue and scenery. We are so glad to have found the venue and are thankful to Michelle and her team for all their hard work to make our wedding as wonderful as it was!

Profile Picture User5062698, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I'm going to start at the very beginning, because from that moment on, Nick and I knew Linwood Estate was where we would be getting married. We were contacted by Michelle to have a tour of Linwood Estate with Mimosas, Nick and I knew our initial wedding date we wanted was already booked at Linwood, but we both decided we would go anyway. From the moment we turned into the driveway, my belly filled with butterflies. The gardens are spectacular as you are driving towards the mansion. When we exited the vehicle, we were warmly welcomed by Michelle. Michelle, besides the property itself, is what makes Linwood even more special. Linwood was the one, I have not been so sure of something since Nick asked me to be his wife. From telling Michelle my vision of our wedding day, she became more excited than I even felt sometimes, which made all my time and effort in planning seem worth it. On our wedding day, Michelle made sure everything went perfectly. The staff goes beyond expectations, by adding details to make the look complete. Our ceremony was held on the front lawn facing the mansion, which itself is enough scenery that we didn't have to worry décor. During cocktail hour, guests were able enjoy themselves in the mansion or gardens, while myself and the wedding party were getting pictures taken. Linwood provided two servers during pictures, so we were able to enjoy the Hors d'oeuvres and drinks as well. The Appalachian Ballroom is BREATHTAKING! It features an amazing centerpiece bar, stunning chandeliers, a barn door, and an amazing backdrop of wooden shutters. The space can be rustic, or romantic, which is what we choose! Our colors were blush, cream, and gold, which matched the ballroom perfectly. Our night ended with a sparkler sendoff, then my groom and I headed to the mansion for our fist night as husband and wife. The entire staff at Linwood was amazing, and I can't begin to express how much gratitude I have for them.

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was literally floored when I visited Linwood Estate. Newly engaged (a week, I think) with several venues in mind between Washington D.C, our home, and Pennsylvania, our home state, we had only made it to one other venue before seeing Linwood and booking the earliest date available. I could not have imagined a more perfect setting for us - having grown up in the country, but with years of being spoiled by city-style glam. Linwood has it all. You get the outdoor space with fields on one side and mountains on the other, and you get the beautifully-designed interiors with every necessary amenity. Our guests from San Francisco, Chicago, New York, DC, and London were so thrilled with the remote and luxurious getaway!

We booked the entire weekend for our immediate families to stay at Linwood and gave ourselves a destination wedding without travelling too far. Throughout the weekend, including the day of the wedding, I barely had to think about what was going on around me. That doesn't only apply to me - our entire family was able to focus on family time and hanging out with guests. We hosted a tea ceremony in the living room, immediately followed by a BBQ for more than half our guest list, and had zero worries about what needed to happen to get the place ready for the following day wedding ceremony and reception because the JDK staff took care of every detail related to the grounds and the wedding.

5-Star venue, 5-Star staff, 5-Star experience. You get what you pay for and so so so much more.

Profile Picture User4786849, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It is hard to put into words how perfect Linwood is, but it really is perfect! From the moment I saw it for the first time and knowing that I grew up only minutes away, I knew it was the right venue for our wedding and we didn't have to look any further. Linwood has such a natural beauty and elegance to it. Every time we see our guests, they are continuing to rave about how stunning and timeless Linwood Estate is and how it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been too.

Michelle is truly spectacular! It is so hard to express how incredible she is. From the very first day I met Michelle, she was so bubbly and fantastic! She was very welcoming, responsive, and flexible. I could call, text, and email her and she would answer all of my questions right away. She made planning and the wedding day an absolute breeze. I was able to relax and enjoy the wedding, while she took care of EVERYTHING and I mean, everything! The JDK staff were also just as wonderful! They were very friendly and prompt in helping create such a seamless day. Caesar, the groundskeeper, was especially awesome in helping to transport guests, the bridal party, and arranging the many personal touches I included. To me, my husband, and guests, everything went so incredibly smooth and perfect. Michelle, Caesar, and her staff are another HUGE part of why Linwood is amazing.

We loved the location of Linwood and how it had everything we needed. Our ceremony was on the North Lawn, in front of the mansion, which was absolutely gorgeous. After the ceremony, everyone made their way to the Mansion and patio for Cocktail hour and eventually ended up in the Appalachian Ballroom for the reception. All of the guests were able to see so many of the incredible parts of Linwood and it created a smooth transition and flow for the day.

Our wedding was everything we dreamed of and more, thanks to the beauty of Linwood and Michelle's expertise! It truly was a perfect and magical day!

Profile Picture alysia, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews