Linganore Winecellars Reviews

• Dara

Dara · Married on 09/20/2014

3.4
      3.0

Linganore Winecellars was an absolutely beautiful venue for my September wedding! The weather was perfect, so the venue was exactly what I wanted it to be for the ceremony! The back-up weather plans weren't great, so fortunately I didn't have to implement them. Mary-Beth was very nice to work with, but it seemed like she had a lot going on as Linganore's event planner. Linganore is such a popular venue it should probably have a designated wedding liaison. Occasionally my coordinator and I had a hard time getting responses from Mary-Beth. We weren't given reminders/notices of deadlines and had some small charges in result. Linganore only let's you use their wine and you can only bring in a limited amount of beer (up to 2 kegs). The beer limitation was frustrating but understandable. Linganore recommends one associated caterer or for a ridiculous charge you can choose from 2 others. Mary-Beth also handled the caterering contracts which was somewhat confusing and a little frustrating at times. The Abisso hall was great for the reception, with the exception of the hideous curtains (barely noticeable to guests probably). I'm so glad I had a picturesque wedding at Linganore, but the planning process could have been a little bit smoother. Finally, it is generally reasonable venue however there are several charges that come up.

Sent on 11/23/2014

Erin · Married on 06/03/2012

3.2
      3.5
      2.5

I loved having my wedding at a winery. You have to use their caterer, which was delicious. We opted for a morning wedding and a brunch reception. I had no complaints about the food. The main person I was in contact with the entire time planning my wedding was not even there at the wedding to coordinate things. They weren't very flexible with my timing with having a morning wedding either. Overall, I would recommend this vineyard, just make sure you have someone check the day of the wedding for the little details as they will not do this for you.

Sent on 06/19/2012
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/13/2014

3.5
      2.0

The location and setting was absolutely beautiful! Guests still keep commenting on how lovely the ceremony and reception were, but other than that, I really might have double thought using Linganore.

Mary Beth (the main coordinator) was very nice via phone, but not very responsive in the weeks leading up to our wedding. I'm sure she had a lot of other weddings going on, but every time I spoke or emailed with her, she asked me the same questions as the previous conversation. I was finally able to get her on a call with myself and my wedding planner and that was very helpful (given it was 2 weeks before my wedding and I didn't even get the catering contract yet).

As part of our wedding favors we gave away miniature 2oz. bottles of Makers Mark whiskey (my husband absolutely loves it). The day of, the associates working FORCED US TO REMOVE EACH bottle from everyone's gift as they said it was not allowed. I could understand if we were giving away wine (as they want you to purchase their wine), but they do not make whiskey there. The gifts weren't even given away until the end of the night. This was ridiculous.

I never met the "day of coordinator" from Linganore and I was there all day getting ready. Still don't know if she ever showed up or exists for that matter.

The bartender, Chaz, was great! He was very nice, professional and courteous.

I also went to visit the site during the reggae festival as my mother was visiting from FL and did not see it yet. We didn't have tickets and the associate running it, (wish I could remember his name) was so nice and gave us tour on that busy day!

Overall, I wish the Linganore associates who aren't involved in the wedding planning process would work the weddings.

If you're going to choose this place make sure to use an outside wedding coordinator as they only allow you a few hours before the event to set up, are very strict with their rules, and the vineyards "coordinators" do not handle much.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Samantha · Married on 08/21/2010

2.6
      1.5
      0.5

Lisa is the most unprofessional wedding coordinator I have ever dealt with. She puts on a great front and will say anything to you that will make you happy, however, as soon as she turns around she is cursing and complaining about the decisions that were made and how miserable she is there. I honestly was very excited and thought it was all going great but it was a dagger to the heart when I heard her talking about how she disliked my centerpieces when five minutes ago she told me how pretty they were. I'm sorry but I would like a wedding coordinator who is honest and not someone who lies. Do NOT go to Linagnore unless they find someone else to coordinate the weddings.

Sent on 09/13/2010

Amanda · Married on 04/30/2016

2.4
      1.5
      2.0

I am very happy with the way that my wedding day turned out and Linganore's ambiance was exactly what I was looking for, however, planning the wedding with Mary Beth was a nightmare. I often missed deadlines as they weren't documented and when I would ask about them I wouldn't get a response right away. The venue was affordable because my wedding wasn't during peak wedding season but if it was I wouldn't have been able to afford to have my wedding here. The Abisso hall was just gorgeous and truly fit my shabby chic theme and the onsite coordinator, Chaz, was great on the day of my wedding. I wish I dealt with him the months leading up to the wedding but alas most everything went off without a hitch!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Linganore Winecellars's reply:

We here at the winery are very disappointed and sorry to hear of any negative experience from our clientele. The sales office strives to make booking and all arrangements for weddings at the venue as seamless as possible for our wedding couples! Deadlines are clearly stated in the contract and in the "welcome" email that is sent to all wedding couples upon booking the venue. The venue does not offer or provide wedding planning or wedding coordination services. It is recommended that wedding couples retain help with planning and coordinating for their event as planning and executing a wedding is not only time consuming but stressful and can often be an overwhelming task for a bride to do herself. For this particular event the sales office was in constant communication with over 60 emails and numerous phone conversations. We are pleased to hear that the end result was that the wedding couple and their guests were happy with their beautiful wedding and reception here at the winery. The entire staff at the winery is committed to creating a positive experience for all of our clients. Congratulations and best wishes to the Bride & Groom!

Mary Beth