Linganore Winecellars Reviews

Linganore Winecellars 5
Linganore Winecellars 6
Linganore Winecellars 7

Marjorie · Married on 07/03/2014

Linganore Winecellars is an ideal place to have your wedding. The setting was gorgeous and provided for fabulous pictures and a great party. It rained on our wedding day and we were able to move the ceremony inside just moments before. The hall was picturesque and did not need a lot of decorations. Working with the event coordinator was seamless and easy!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Katie · Married on 11/02/2018

We loved our venue. It was beautiful and the pictures came out amazing. Our guests had a great time and I have no complaints.

Sent on 06/02/2014
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 10/20/2017

This venue was great! The views for my ceremony were picturesque and the Abisso Hall was charming. Mary Beth was very accommodating and worked with my budget.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Kara · Married on 07/22/2017

Linganore is absolutely beautiful and the staff is extremely helpful when planning the wedding. Many of our guests commented on how pretty both the outdoor ceremony location (even in the pouring rain), sangria hour pavilion, and indoor hall were. The air conditioning in the hall worked well, which was important for our July wedding. The staff at Linganore let me have the wedding outside, even with rain forecasted, which I appreciated. I did not see any of the staff unhappy or complaining, even though they periodically had to dart from the main building to the pavilion in the drizzle. One staff member even went out to wipe off the ceremony chairs before the ceremony in an attempt to keep the guests a little drier.
    Linganore provides wine barrels, tables/chairs, and great staff for the event. Fine Cuisine, their preferred caterer, works seamlessly with them so all of our guests complimented both the food and drinks. The other vendors also seemed pleased to be working with the Linganore staff, so I appreciated never having to step in to sort anything out.
    My only issue with Linganore was that occasionally their event coordinator, Mary Beth, was a bit difficult to get ahold of via email. She was friendly and professional every time we did connect, but several times I had to send emails twice and there was a bit more coordination required there than with any other vendor I worked with. It's absolutely not a reason to not use Linganore - I still highly recommend it - but just be aware that if you haven't gotten a response in a few days, you should probably resend your email.

Sent on 08/04/2017
  • User5194279 · 2+ years ago

I just had my wedding at Linganore and everyone was raving about how beautiful the venue is. If I had to do it over again, I would still have my wedding at Linganore. Something to watch out for, though, is that the administration sometimes has errors in the invoices they create. Really it is just Mary Beth working ALL the weddings, so it is understandable, but something to flag as a watch out if you were to work with this venue. Other than that, the service is great. Mary Beth answers all your questions via email / phone, and I thought Fine Cuisine's staff was incredible. In addition, Chaz was a fantastic day of person on the site. If you do book with Linganore, I would recommend Karen Farrow at Celebrated Events as your DoC.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Jenna · Married on 04/25/2015

Linganore Winery- My husband and I got married in April 2015. We had the ceremony on the lawn behind the reception hall. Even though it was an unfortunate 50 degrees, it was a gorgeous setting! The staff set up the chairs earlier in the day so that friends were able to add a few decorations in the area. We held the cocktail hour and reception in the reception hall which was gorgeous. It's such a beautiful venue, we didn't decorate anything other than the tables and it still looked perfect. Mary Beth is the contact person and she's great. She gets back pretty quickly with questions (and I asked A LOT) and is very organized. Chaz was the day of contact person and he was so nice and accommodating. Overall, I had a great experience with Linganore and everyone we worked with.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Lacey · Married on 10/10/2014

I had a great experience with Linganore winery! They were very professional and very accommodating!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Annie · Married on 07/25/2014

My husband and I were married at Linganore on July 25, 2014. The ceremony took place on the lawn overlooking the vineyard, wine bar in the pavilion, and reception in the Abisso Hall. We tried to book a Saturday in the summer around November 2014. Needless to say it was difficult, but Mary worked with us to make sure everything else went without a hitch. Since we were paying for our own wedding, she suggested alternatives for meal planning and was helpful with planning the layout of the tables, settings, etc. On our wedding day, Chaz was extremely polite and made sure the whole day moved smoothly. I never saw any of my vendors the day of my wedding, but everything was where it needed to be and all scheduled events were handled exactly. The ceremony overlooking the vineyard was a great backdrop. We couldn't have asked for better weather. Our photographer loved all the locations for pictures and the natural wood in the Abisso Hall was absolutely delightful in the pictures. My guests also found all the staff to be polite and friendly as well. Loved them! Highly recommend for easy wedding planning, a gorgeous backdrop, and wonderful service. Thanks Linganore for making my wedding day stress-free,

Sent on 09/01/2014

Dianne · Married on 01/26/2013

3.5

My wedding couldn't have been more magical, and I give most of the credit to the beautiful venue and the event staff that were on site that evening. The hall was simply gorgeous, and the staff did everything they could to serve us - including taking over the assembly of some stubborn cupcake stands that they knew we were too stressed to do ourselves!! Thank you so much to everyone. I would recommend Linganore Winecellars and they are definitely at the top of my list for future events!!

Sent on 02/01/2013

Lauren · Married on 02/05/2011

Linganore was the perfect venue for a winter wedding! We needed a space where we could have both the ceremony and reception, and it worked perfectly. The guests loved the tour of the winery they were taken on in between the ceremony and reception. The room was beautiful, and especially for our vintage themed wedding, the high wood ceilings and huge windows looking out to the snow made it romantic and cozy. We hardly had to decorate the room at all because it was already so beautiful. Lisa was so flexible and accommodating, I felt like she was one of my friends just attending the wedding. She came in on her off hours to meet with us, came early to open the winery so we could get in and get ready for the daytime wedding, answered all of my phone calls, and eased every worry I had. The catering they provided through Fine Cuisine Catering was also SO much value for what we paid, and looked and tasted like we spent a lot more : ) Mary Beth, the caterer, was also very helpful. My husband and I had a pretty tight budget, and both Lisa and Mary Beth did everything they could to give us the most for our money. It was a beautiful day, and I still have yet to see a venue that would have been as perfect and beautiful.

Sent on 10/03/2011
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie Harrison · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely perfect

Linganore was the perfect location for our wedding. The views for the outdoor ceremony were amazing and we got so many compliments from our guests. The reception hall had nice tall ceilings and seemed so magical, especially with twinkle lights. The staff was also very easy to work with and always easy to get in touch with. I do wish that the beverage was a little more flexible. For instance, I had to purchase a beverage package for my 86-year-old grandmother who has never had a drink in her life. Other than that, you really can't go wrong with Linganore.

Sent on 06/29/2019
    Linganore Winecellars 8
    Linganore Winecellars 9
    Linganore Winecellars 10
    Linganore Winecellars 11

Stephanie · Married on 03/25/2018

Linganore was the perfect place for our wedding! Mary Beth was amazing in coordinating and making sure everything went smooth!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Jamie · Married on 03/04/2017

Wow! I fell in love with this venue after searching high and low for the perfect space for our wedding. I worked with Mary Beth, who helps with the venue planning and the catering if you use Fine Cuisine. She was fantastic! I sent her MANY emails and she was very responsive. The venue does have some restrictions, but we found the planning process to be much easier since they provide chairs (nice looking ones too), tables, linens, food and drinks. The drink selection was amazing (I'm now a die-hard fan of Linganore Wines) and the craft beer is very good. We had some guest disappointed that Miller lite and Bud lite would not be served, but my husband and I love craft beer and wanted to support a local brewery. We were so happy with our choice in location and our guests had a great time!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Amanda · Married on 06/14/2014

Mary Beth and her staff at Linganore Winecellars were so wonderful to work with, and the team at Linganore was so helpful throughout the planning process. Linganore was such a beautiful place to get married, and the reception hall is so unique! Every one of our guests said what an awesome time they had at our wedding and what a great venue it was. Mary Beth was wonderful about providing all the information regarding cost, fees, what's included in packages, etc. up front, which is so helpful when deciding on a wedding venue. Linganore was reasonably priced for a winery wedding in the MD area, and it's location nestled among the farms in Mt. Airy makes for a great drive. The wine at Linganore is awesome (and I am someone who does not like wine)!

Mary Beth was professional, helpful, and really helped in the planning process. The day-of staff are super helpful, Chaz was amazing to work with! They set up everything and helped us with setting up decorations, which was not part of his job but he went above and beyond to make our day perfect.

Linganore has a caterer they work with who are reasonably priced as well. We were under-whelmed with the amount of food we had at our cocktail hour, but we spoke with Mary Beth about it after the wedding and she was apologetic and listened, which is awesome to have in a vendor. I appreciate vendors who can listen to feedback and take it to make the next event better, and that's how I feel Mary Beth was with our feedback. Our dinner buffet was to die for. The food was amazing, and I didn't want to stop eating it!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Holly · Married on 10/04/2013

3.5

I absolutely LOVE Linganore! It is one of our most favorite places, so naturally my husband and I had no hesitations about getting married here. It is so incredibly beautiful from the outdoor area for the ceremony to the wooden building with high-ceilings for the reception. We used the caterer "Fine Cuisine Catering" that works with Linganore and they were delicious. The staff at Linganore is all so friendly and amazing!
    My only issue was that it took several calls/emails at times to get a response from the events coordinator. As it got down to crunch time this did stress me out a bit, as it was about a week out and I had still not received my final invoice. However, it all worked out and everything went smoothly. Also, I did hire a day-of-coordinator last minute since I had a lot of DIY projects, and that was absolutely the right thing to do!
    I am so glad we were able to get married at Linganore because it was beautiful and absolutely perfect! The guests all said it was one of the most beautiful venues that had ever seen, and it fit our personalities perfectly. Plus, the wine is delicious!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Dana · Married on 05/14/2010

Lisa Hanagan is a great coordinator and Linganore is so lucky to have her! She helped calm our fears and concerns and made sure our wedding day was perfect! The price, serene location, and friendly and helpful staff made Linganore Vineyards the perfect place for us! We had to do a lot of outside research to get all the extras we needed (linens, silverware, caterer, etc.) but Lisa was right there to help us along. There was very little decorating that needed to be done since the barn and lawn are are GORGEOUS- that saved us some serious time and money!

Sent on 06/08/2010

Michelle · Married on 06/15/2018

It was a beautiful day for my wedding Linganore Winecellars. For the outside ceremony chairs, trellis, barrels and water station were all ready for my guests. Inside the hall tables, chairs, bar and food area all ready. Wine is so good especially the raspberry. The beer is really good too. Non drinkers had options of soda, tea, water. Were flexible with allowing us to bring our tractor to the location for pictures. Mary Beth was quickly with responses to our questions. Only thing I could say needs improvement would be the bridal suite.

Sent on 06/20/2018

3.5

The vineyards and venue is beautiful. I loved it. The day of staff for the bar and everything were really awesome. They even started remembering my guests names and their drink preferences throughout the event. The venue itself is pretty flexible on what you can and can't do. They even give you a day of coordinator and she was really nice and friendly. She was given a timeline of the day but I don't know what she really did because I barely saw her. My maid of honor made sure everything went according to plan. The person in charge Mary Beth isn't the most friendly person in the world and wasn't always reachable but she was pretty easy going for the most part.

Sent on 08/21/2013

Alexa · Married on 09/03/2017

3.5

The venue is absolutely stunning and the on site team was helpful, my big day ran smoothly!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Rhea · Married on 07/07/2017

3.5

Overall, Linganore Winecellars was a fantastic place to host our wedding. We were blessed with a beautiful sunny day, so we hosted the ceremony outside overlooking the vineyards. The Abisso Hall was the perfect blend of modern amenities and rustic charm for the reception. Since our contact there, Mary Beth, only works at Linganore in the mornings, I found it a little frustrating throughout the planning process because she could be difficult to get a hold of, and we had to do a lot of schedule rearranging to make it to the venue prior 11am to do our final walkthrough. I feel like they do so many weddings there that they should have a full time person who is at least available during normal business hours. The service the day of the wedding was impeccable, the winery staff along the with the caterers from their exclusive caterer Fine Cuisine did a great job. I would also highly recommend getting the string lights from one of their preferred vendors, Celebrated Events, as that really made the room extra magical.

Sent on 08/01/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 05/06/2017

3.5

I can't stress enough how beautiful Linganore is. I'm still very much pained by the fact that we weren't able to take full advantage of the rolling hills, as it was freezing cold and raining the day of our wedding - but we don't regret our venue choice for a second. Abisso Hall is a stunning place for a rustic, but elegant, reception, especially with string lights placed above the dance floor. Mary Beth was very responsive to our questions throughout the process. The only drawbacks of this venue are the lack of flexibility - no kitchen or freezer, so ice cream anything is not an option, and the caterer strongly recommends buffet-style receptions instead of plated meals. Also, inclement weather plans have to be agreed upon three days in advance. The pavilion (ceremony site in the case of rain) provides shelter, but not relief from cold temperatures, so guests were clamoring to get into the reception hall ten minutes into the cocktail hour. And unfortunately, it is not nearly as lovely a ceremony site as the vineyard lawn. Despite this, we still had the most incredible day of our lives, and would absolutely go with Linganore again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/10/2017

3.0

I absolutely loved my ceremony and reception at Linganore. It's a beautiful spot, the staff was wonderful, and all of the guests loved the Linganore wine and Red Shedman brewery beer!!

Sent on 06/23/2015

4.2

We loved having our wedding at Linganore! Mary Beth worked with us on all the advance planning, answering our millions of questions along the way, and Chaz was our day of contact, making sure that everything went smoothly.

Hurricane Joaquin hit the weekend of our wedding, and Linganore was very flexible with us. We moved the ceremony from the lawn to the pavilion and held our cocktail hour into the Abisso Hall. It wasn't ideal, but everything worked out in the end, and the staff ensured that our guests were taken care of.

The biggest concern to think about with this venue is distance/road conditions to Frederick, where the nearest hotels are. The roads are windy and dark at night, which can be difficult whether you are providing transportation or not. Linganore works exclusively with one caterer, Fine Cuisine, but there is an option to pay extra and bring in a caterer of your choosing. We found the pricing for both to be very reasonable. Beer and wine must be provided by the winery and onsite brewery, and liquor is not allowed to be served, which was only a slight concern for us. Ultimately it cuts down on overall costs and guests still have a great time!

All in all, I would definitely recommend Linganore for their beautiful grounds, rustic barn-style hall and friendliness of staff!

Sent on 03/26/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/12/2014

3.5

While most everything was perfect, some of the event staff complained when they had to wipe off the ceremony seats after a rain storm, and most of the seats were not wiped off completely if at all.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Erin · Married on 07/05/2013

2.0

We had our ceremony and reception at Linganore Winecellars and were completely pleased with the event. The property and reception hall is absolutely gorgeous and our guests continue to talk about how beautiful the location is! They were quite flexible when working with us on arrangements for our wedding, and they give you many options to choose from (for example, we chose to do an outdoor Sangria cocktail hour inbetween our ceremony and reception which guests loved!). The staff who setup and worked the event were absolutely wonderful and helpful! My only criticism would be a lack of responsiveness by the event planner. In the beginning, it was very difficult to get responses via email and phone call (likely due to a very limited work schedule of their event manager). This got a bit better closer to the event but I still felt as if I had to initiate conversations and follow-up to ensure everything was completed. Otherwise, I was completely thrilled with Linganore Wincellars and it is a lovely setting for a wedding.

Sent on 07/23/2013