Linganore Winecellars Reviews

Linganore Winecellars 5
Linganore Winecellars 6
Linganore Winecellars 7

Rachelle · Married on 07/05/2014

Mary Beth was exceptional! We wanted a simple, small wedding and Mary Beth helped every step of the way! We originally wanted a beach wedding, but glad we went wit he Vineyard because it turned out perfect!

Sent on 07/17/2014

The staff was excellent from the beginning of the process through the end. We were well taken care of during the whole process, especially on the day of the wedding.

Sent on 07/22/2014

James · Married on 04/05/2014

The staff was absolutely amazing! Always willing to help and very accommodating.
    The venue is absolutely beautiful and gives that great Rustic feel to any event.

Sent on 05/12/2014

Our son and daughter-in-law were married at Linganore Winecellars on September 7, 2013. The service was wonderful and the event was truly storybook quality! Most guests said it was the best wedding they ever attended and kept commenting on the venue. Good work Linganore!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Terri · event on 08/29/2013

I cannot say enough about this venue. Not only is it a beautiful place, but the quality of the services provided was exceptional, and the people with whom I interacted were amazing. Mary Beth Davis was instrumental in all aspects of planning and provided advice and vendor information for everything. Since we were from out of town, it was especially important for us to have someone who could assist with local details. She always had time for our questions and responded immediateky. On the day of the event, Sara, was present making sure everything was perfect. A great job and a wonderful relaxed event!
    Thanks toll for starting the wedding weekend off!

Sent on 09/09/2013

JoAnna · Married on 04/06/2013

Mary Beth was very attentive and so sweet. I planned this wedding in less than 6 weeks and they were so easy to work with.

Sent on 04/15/2013

I could not have picture my wedding any more perfect than what it was! Everything was amazing and the services that were provided to me exceeded my expectations!! I loved every minute of it and it was so beatiful! Thank you to all the help provided to me!

Sent on 11/11/2012

Kathy · Married on 08/04/2012

Mary Beth at Linganore was wonderful to work with. The facility was beautiful and Fine Cuisine did an amazing job of catering!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Julie · Married on 05/05/2012

Amazing group of people. Everything was exactly the way we wanted it for our reception. The room looked fantastic and our guests all loved how rustic everything was. They made our reception perfect. The wine was great and they even let us bring beer in!

Sent on 06/07/2012

I had the most fun picking my favors out. We got to wine taste and customize labels for our miniature wine bottles (when they actually aren't so miniature -- they're the perfect size!)! Erin was always prompt in answering my questions and sending me proofs of our labels. They also made it so easy for us to come in and pick them up -- I had nothing to worry about. We selected two flavors - Mountain White and Apple Spice. Three months later, I am still receiving compliments on our favors. That's nice to hear considering guests generally don't care for typical wedding favors. My only regret is - I left my sister and mom in charge of taking them out of their boxes and prepping them for the big day and they left all the plastic wrap on every bottle so it made them look a little bit trashy sitting on the display table. So if you deligate this project to someone else, you might want to request they remove it's plastic wrap to reveal it's beautiful label!

Sent on 11/13/2011

Jillian · Married on 07/22/2011

I love Linganore! It will always hold a special place in my heart, especially now that I got married there. The staff is wonderful, especially the new wedding coordinator, Mary Beth. She has been fantastic in helping me through the process, and always had answers to my questions. She tried her best to solve any problem that came up and was very open to any ideas we wanted to try. She was flexible in trying to meet with us, especially since we lived 90 minutes away and could only meet on weekends. Linganore is also very reasonably priced. Also, the catering company they work with, Fine Cuisine Catering, is wonderful. The reception hall is stunning, and the perfect site for a reception. And the natural landscape of the winery is the PERFECT backdrop for photos. The wine is really tasty, and the guests loved having unlimited glasses of all six wines we chose. I also ordered mini wine bottles as our wedding favors, which the guests LOVED. They came out looking wonderful, and I'll definitely keep them as a memento forever. I would highly recommend using Linganore for your wedding location.

Sent on 08/04/2011

At the time of my wedding, this place did not have an on-site caterer. The person in charge of events there at the time, Lisa, was very nice and awesome to work with! I had I believe to others I went to prior to her at Linganore, but she was the best! They were very flexible and worked with me on what I needed. The only thing was I didn't get my refund on my wines that were unused (I contacted them once and they said they would be back to me, but never did). I could have contacted them again but I figured since they were so nice, it didn't matter too much.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Gina · Married on 05/16/2009

We visiting Linganore during one of their music festivals, and knew it would be the perfect wedding venue for us. We were looking for someplace beautiful but relaxed, and Linganore delivers. The ballroom is wonderfully elegant and easily accommodated our 150 guests with sit-down dinner and dancing, the grounds are beautiful, and the staff is warm and very flexible. We got married in May, and while the grape vines still just had baby leaves on them, the fields were lush, and our pictures turned out beautifully. We did both the ceremony and the reception on site, which made the whole day easy for everyone. Our guests felt like they were on a mini vacation, and many made a point of touring the winery and taking some wine home with them. We weren't sure how our guests would respond to the absence of beer and mixed drinks, but everyone enjoyed the wines, and the fruit wines were great for anyone looking for something a little different. There's no kitchen on site, but we didn't find that to be a challenge at all--all the caterers we contacted could easily adapt.

Sent on 07/14/2009
  • Dara3116

Dara · Married on 05/17/2008

My finace and I knew that we wanted to have our wedding somewhere different. When we went to a wine festival at Linganore Wine Vineyards, I knew that we had found one of the most unique places to have a wedding. The pictures alone were worth it. It was a rough start because they just hired an event coordinator, but it turned out wonderfully! Be mindful that you can only have Linganore's Wine...no Beer, no Liquor - there is an old prohibition law that makes it a wine only establishment. Also note that the event coodinator is that, she is not a day of coordinator - so on the day of make sure you have someone in place. Overall though, it was the best idea I ever had :)

Sent on 08/04/2008

Linganore Winecellars's reply:

I am the new coordnatior on staff. So although that was true, now we offer someone avaiable all day included with the rental. we are extremly professional and look forward to making special memories with you on your special day.

Janis · Married on 07/30/2017

We had our wedding at Linganore and things couldn’t have gone more smoothly! Using the in-house caterer (Fine Cuisine) meant everyone was on the same page and there was no stress the day of. Mary Beth, who works with both companies, was extremely responsive, helpful, and kind. She was always very clear when writing contracts or answering questions.

The location is beautiful if you can have your ceremony outside but I was always worried about rain or excessive heat. However, Linganore has 2 built in back up plans- the ceremony can be moved to a covered pavilion with a few days notice or it can be done in the hall with guests in their dinner chairs on a few hours notice. We did not have to exercise those options and had a beautiful ceremony on the hill, but it really eliminated weather worry leading up to the wedding.

Our on-site manager the day of was Brandon and, although we didn’t work with him much because everything was all set up already, he was available and very pleasant. Guests loved the selection and quality of wine and beer (and so did we). I honestly can’t think of any problems with Linganore or Fine Cuisine- they were awesome!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Erica · Married on 12/20/2013

I loved Linganore and Mary Beth and Sarah. I had more interactions with Mary Beth and if I could have given a 4.9 instead of a 4.5 for responsiveness, I would have. The only issue I found was in finding time to talk to Mary Beth when she was at the winery. As I work a full time job it was tough so most of our communication was through email, which was not major because everything was worked out prior to the event at the last meeting. There was some delays in getting back to emails because she is there part time and is very very busy. Knowing that upfront helped. She also always had everything covered.

My guests loved loved loved the venue. It was new to almost all of them and they raved about how pretty and unique it was. The winery staff as always was very helpful and accomodating. Any minor hicups were glossed over and they rolled with it. The guests never knew that there was an issue. Well except that we ran out of Black Raven.. haha Overall it was all really wonderful and we had a great time.

Sent on 01/17/2014

Tara · Married on 05/04/2013

Linganore Winecellars was a great location for our wedding. We had a lot of flexibility there and we lucked out with a very beautiful day! While there were a few emails that took over a week to respond, all in all everything went smoothly! The outdoor ceremony was beautiful and the indoor reception hall was perfect. What I really liked about this venue was that we had an alternative if there was rain, but luckily - we were okay! We had a beautiful day, a lovely ceremony and a really fun reception! Linganore staff was really friendly and helpful. All in all - a wonderful wedding and venue!

Sent on 05/21/2013

We had a fantastic experience with the staff at Linganore! They were friendly, courteous, very flexible and extremely helpful. The venue is beautiful and provides a romantic setting. It is a fantastic value for the cost!

Sent on 02/21/2013

Jennifer · Married on 04/25/2009

I Loved every moment I spent at Linganore. From day one I fell in love with the place. It was beautiful, unique and smells wonderful inside. Jessica, the co-ordinator I worked with helped me out so much. You will not be dissappointed if you use this site for a wedding. They offer wine tasteings and tours for your wedding guests during the reception. My wedding pictures turned out beautiful and there is so much flexibility for vendors of your choice to use for your wedding day. Thank you so much Linganore, I highly recommend you to every bride!

Sent on 05/22/2009

Brian · Married on 05/06/2017

The Linganore Facility was beautiful! We could not have been happier. Mary Beth and Crew did a great job. I highly recommend doing the "Sangria Hour" outside when weather permits as the outside area had great views of the vineyards and rolling hills. The wine and beer selections were great and we had a lot of fun coming out to Linganore to taste the beer and wine ahead of our wedding reception.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Tracey · Married on 10/14/2016

The venue is beautiful and the staff was very responsive and easy to work with!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Ashley · Married on 05/21/2016

Linganore was such an amazing venue for our wedding! We truly appreciated the flexibility of the staff when we moved our ceremony to the pavilion due to the weather. The Abisso Hall was a perfect set up for accommodating our guests (135). MaryBeth, the wedding coordinator, was responsive to our requests and Chaz, the event manager the day of, was extremely helpful! If you are looking for a more natural ambiance, then Linganore is it. Our guests kept saying how awesome it was to have part of the event outside on the grounds and then move to the hall later on in the evening.

Sent on 05/30/2016

Cindy · Married on 10/03/2015

This is a beautiful venue. The weather did not turn out like we'd hoped, but there were several option for
    us to choose from as alternatives. The Abisso Hall is grand and beautiful. Mary Beth Davis was so professional
    and patient during the whole planning process. She would reply to my questions right away. Chaz was our go to guy the day of the event and was right on top of everything. He couldn't have been more helpful.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Jackie · Married on 09/05/2015

We chose the venue cause we wanted to have an outdoor, barn/rustic wedding and liked Linganore's price (coming from DC, they were half the price of most options locally). I loved having my wedding here! The first look pictures were gorgeous out in the vines, the ceremony was held out in the field with the rolling hills behind us, the cocktail hour was held outside on the patio (initally planned under the pavillion but we decided last minute to enjoy the weather), and the reception was in the hall. I worked with Mary Beth leading up to the event, who was very quick to reply when she was working, but only works part time so not always as quick to reply as I would have liked. Chaz was our day of coordinator and he was really helpful yet laid back. Two things to keep in mind: 1) the venue is not really close to anything, so we paid a hefty price for transportation to shuttle nearly all of our +120 guests to and from the venue and hotel. 2) We had the ceremony on the hills facing the vines at 5:30pm so the sun was blinding our guests as it set. Fortunately, a cloud covered up the sun during our ceremony, but otherwise, it would have been really uncomfortable for our guests. Overall, couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Lauren · Married on 08/02/2014

Choosing Linganore as our wedding venue was the best decision we made! After looking at several other venues we started to feel like just another couple getting married in a sea of cookie-cutter wedding factory venues. We wanted our wedding to be unique and special and that's exactly what we got at Linganore. The scenery at Linganore is breath-taking and a photographer's dream! We loved the rustic backdrop that Linganore offered... the red barn, the vines, the rolling hills - all made for stunning photos that we will cherish for a life time! One of our favorite things about Linganore is that we had the whole venue to ourselves - no one else was getting married on the same day that we had to share or divide space. And, the reception hall was beautiful as well... very pretty wooden room that smelled lovely and provided a very simple, yet classic setting.

One of our worries about having our wedding at Linganore was the fact that we could only offer our guests wine. Although, we love their wine, we weren't sure all of our guests would be satisfied with only that option. That worry was put to rest when we were told we could bring in two half kegs of beer, which turned out to be plenty. And, surprisingly a lot of our non-wine drinking friends opted for the wine anyway and really enjoyed it! Our guests also loved the sangria cocktail hour too - big hit! And, we liked how that option made our wedding unique. Others may worry that there is only one caterer, but do not worry about that because the food from Fine Cuisine is delicious! We served the salmon (amazing) with the carved beef, mashed potatoes (so good!), mixed veggies, and regular garden salad.

We love that we can go back to Linganore anytime and re-live our wedding. Choosing them as our venue has given us lots of options for traditions that we can look forward to in the future. If we were to do it all over again we would go back to Linganore in a heartbeat - simply gorgeous!

Sent on 09/14/2014