Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist Reviews

123 | Arlington, MA

123 Reviews for Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist

Emily Tanner · Married on 06/22/2019

Totally would recommend

Lindsay is awesome. We met with her before the wedding to give her an idea of what we wanted in terms of music. I had chose to have live music by Lindsay for the ceremony and cocktail hour with a DJ for the reception. Everything transitioned so smoothly from the ceremony to the cocktail hour. I would definitely recommend her-plus she is super affordable. She is easy going which made the process easy.

Sent on 07/25/2019

Gregory Allen · Married on 06/16/2019

Everything we hoped for!

I watched my wife walk down the aisle while listening to Lindsay Straw sing, and it was absolutely perfect. Lindsay has a beautiful voice and and is a talented guitarist. Her performance was everything we hoped it would be.

We booked her after seeing her perform at a friend's wedding, and we immediately knew she was exactly what we wanted. She was very easy to work with and very professional. We cannot recommend her enough.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Greg! It was lovely working with you and Anna. :) I'm so happy you had such a beautiful wedding day!
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 06/08/2019

Beautiful voice and very professional

Lindsay was wonderful from beginning to end! She worked within our budget and provided exactly what we were looking for in providing music for our ceremony and cocktail hour, plus managing a playlist we created for "dj lite" services. She has a beautiful voice and was so laid back and flexible in working with us as we figured out what we wanted the music to be. She arrived on time and set up everything and the music was perfect and created the most peaceful vibe for our outdoor wedding. I would work with her again in a heartbeat and highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Catherine · Married on 06/07/2019

Beautiful music for ceremonies and cocktail hours

We hired Lindsay to play during our ceremony and cocktail hour. Based on the structure of the day my wife and I really only heard the processional and recessional music but everything we heard from her was absolutely fantastic. She is both a talented singer and guitarist and has an enormous repertoire, so we were able to choose exactly what we wanted for the wedding.

Lindsay was very accommodating throughout the planning process, including playing an instrumental version of one of her songs that one of our bridesmaids, a professional singer, performed to, even sending that bridesmaid an altered recording in advance for practice. Lindsay was a delight to work with and we highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist's reply:

Thank you so much, Catherine! :) It was such a joy working with you both, and getting to accompany Rachel.
  • Costa

Costa Tsolirides · Married on 05/11/2019

An absolute virtuoso on the guitar with a lovely voice.

Read the title: She is an absolute virtuoso on the guitar with a lovely voice too!
    Lindsay Straw is a must have for your wedding ceremony. Just give her music a quick listen and you'll know right away she should be your choice. Don't even waste time looking for others. You have plenty of other vendors to plan out. This one is a no brainer!

Costa and Mariah

Sent on 07/03/2019

Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist's reply:

Aww, thank you, Costa! That's such a big compliment. :) I really enjoyed working with and playing for you both!

Rob & Bob M · Married on 04/06/2019

Got Lucky at Foxwoods!

My husband and I planned our April 6th wedding in just two months, and a month or so out we were still at a loss for what type of music we wanted for our Ceremony and our Cocktail Hour (We aren’t really ‘harp music’ people). After some searching at various Entertainment sites, we found Lindsay Straw on Gigmasters.com. We loved her acoustic guitar and beautiful voice. She also has her own website for her music and offerings https://www.lindsaystraw.com/. With both of us being Irish, her wide selection of Classical, Pop/Folk/Standards, and Celtic music really checked all the boxes.
    Lucky for us, she had our date open, so we set up a phone call with her and walked through what we were looking for, and she shared how she normally handles things. Here website has a LONG list of songs to choose from. She said we could make a list for her to pull from, or give her some guidelines and she’ll fill in what seems to be working best. We also opted to ‘upgrade’ and have her musical partner Jordan Santiago join her on mandolin & violin.
    Well, we can’t tell you what rave reviews our guests gave us about both the Ceremony music and the selections for Cocktail hour. PLUS, they were able to cover a 15 min delay/panic as we lost the binder we had all of our readings in for the Ceremony (life savers)!
    If you want something different than the usual harp, or string quartet, or even DJ music, you’ll be hard pressed to find someone as talented, charming and versatile as Lindsay. She’ll make your special day THAT much more special.
    Rob & Bob, April 6, 2019

Sent on 06/05/2019

Emily · Married on 10/13/2018

Highlight of our reception, Very talented musicians

Lindsay and Jordan were a highlight of our wedding reception. They are very talented musicians and can play many different types of music. Our wedding was held at a camp in central Mass and we wanted a folk acoustic feel, which they can play perfectly. Lindsay and Jordan learned our favorite song for our first dance, and had everyone in tears for when we danced with our dads. She was so helpful in recommending songs for specific moments of our wedding and very accommodating and flexible when setting timelines for our day. From the beginning Lindsay was very professional and quick to respond to emails. One thing we were most impressed with was her ability to get to know us and what we wanted for music on our wedding day. They played a good balance of crowd favorites and their original songs, which gave our reception a unique and personal touch. They were naturals at feeling out the vibe of our venue/guests and setting the tone that we wanted. Lindsay and Jordan were a perfect fit for our reception and we are so happy to have booked them. The music was unique and loved by all of our guests. People were up dancing and sitting, enjoying the lovely music.

As a same-sex couple, Lindsay and Jordan were a safe and comfortable option for us.

Sent on 01/19/2019

Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist's reply:

We were so happy to play for you both, and for your incredibly appreciative and sweet family and friends! Thank you so much, Emily & Jenna!

Rebecca N · Married on 10/07/2018

amazing ceremony musician!

Lindsay played guitar & sang for our ceremony, and she was truly phenomenal. We weren't sure what we were going to do about music for our ceremony, but when I came across samples of Lindsay's music online, I knew that we wanted her! She has a huge variety of songs available to choose from, including so many songs that we love. (She will learn one that you request, if you're looking for something that she doesn't already know.) Lindsay was so easy to work with, responsive, and professional; we really knew we were in good hands. The only downside is that, as the bride, I didn't get to hear any of the music before the ceremony! But I heard from so many guests about how great she was and how much they enjoyed the music before and during the ceremony. Can't recommend highly enough!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Alex Bateman · Married on 09/15/2018

Perfect addition to our ceremony and cocktail hour!

Lindsay played during our ceremony and cocktail hour - and we couldn't have been happier with how it went! She was great to work with, overall a seamless booking process. She had a large music selection and we received a lot of compliments from guest after the event on the music. Definitely recommend booking for your event.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Caramia · Married on 09/07/2018

I can not say enough good things about Lindsay! She was so amazing! I always wanted to walk down the aisle to Everlong by The Foo Fighters and she learned how to play it for me. It made me cry the first time I heard her play it. Lindsay is so talented and has a beautiful voice! I would hire her 100 times if I could!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Tara Kelly · Married on 09/01/2018

Beautiful addition to an amazing day!

Lindsay Straw was incredible from the minute we decided to book her to the day of the wedding. She had great suggestions for the cocktail hour, and the ceremony music. We have a big Irish family, and she was able to give us great suggestions for traditional music that fit our theme. Her voice and guitar skills are hard to beat! She did a custom version of the Ed Sherran Galway Girl for us, and she knocked it out of the park! We even had a little moment where a bridesmaids fainted and she was calm, cool, and collected and still played through the whole thing! Thank you Lindsay!!

Sent on 11/10/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/28/2018

Amazing Irish music!

Lindsay was the best! My husband is from Northern Ireland, so we knew we wanted to incorporate some traditional Irish music into our ceremony and dinner. When we found Lindsay, we didn’t look at any other musicians. Her voice is amazing, and her blend of traditional Irish songs and pop/folk songs was perfect for us! She was professional and responsive and so sweet! She even learned the song that my husband proposed to me with as a surprise to him when I walked down the aisle. She gave me a recording of it to keep, and it’s so special. Thank you Lindsay!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist's reply:

Aww, Rachel! Thank you so much for the kind review! It was such a joy working with you and learning the Foy Vance song for you and Luke. I’ll always think of you guys and your beautiful, almost-stormy wedding day when I play it!

Stella · Married on 06/25/2018

Lindsay performed at our wedding ceremony and it was such a wonderful experience! Booking was a very easy process and she was very easy to work with and flexible in terms of picking the songs we wanted and the schedule for the day. She also asked all the right questions in preparation and it really made us feel at ease that everything would go well on the big day (e.g. if we needed an amp/mic for the venue). She also checked in the few days leading up to the wedding so we knew she'd be there at the right time.

At the wedding, Lindsay arrived early to set up and was ready to play soon as our guests started to arrive. She was very cheerful and professional. Not to mention her voice was really beautiful and set the perfect mood for the day! Would definitely work with Lindsay again and recommend her highly to anyone else looking for a musician for their wedding/event.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Thank you, Stella!

Deanna · Married on 06/02/2018

Lindsay was beyond amazing, I can't say enough nice things about her and the special touch she brought to our wedding. Lindsay played during our ceremony and cocktail hour. First and foremost, she has the most beautiful and enchanting voice (we heard a sample and were hooked immediately). She was very easy to work with and so helpful throughout the entire process. Lindsay worked with us early on to get an idea of how she would best fit in and what we were looking for in terms of music choices. She provided guidance for the different songs that play during the ceremony and then what type of music she would play at the cocktail hour. We had so many guests come up to us asking about Lindsay and saying how wonderful she was and that she really made the ceremony special. I would recommend her over and over again and we look forward to seeing her at some of the other shows she plays around us! Thank you Lindsay!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist's reply:

Thanks, Deanna! It was awesome working with you guys, too! :)

Andrew · Married on 04/28/2018

If you've listened to some of Lindsay's music, and you think it might be a fit for your wedding, do not hesitate! Lindsay was super responsive through the whole process. She has a super helpful website about when to use music during your ceremony and what to consider in your selections as well as a list of the songs she plays. When there was a song she didn't have a preview posted for, she even sat down and recorded it that evening to send to us. Her voice and playing were so beautiful and added so much to our day. Friends and family all made sure to tell us how much they enjoyed Lindsay's contribution.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist's reply:

Thank you so much, Andrew!

maria · Married on 04/22/2018

Lindsay is so amazing, so talented, and so gifted, my husband and I along with our quests and family give her 5 stars for setting the mood and being part of making our wedding perfect. The music at the church set the tone and it was so romantic. Lindsay is professional and if you are not sure about live music for your wedding or Venue let me help you JUST DO IT!!!! and hire this Lindsay, you will not be sorry.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist's reply:

Thank you so much, Maria!

Kelly · Married on 12/31/2017

I can’t NOT say enough about Lindsay. Her voice, her talent, her music catalog, her professionalism, and her willingness to learn a new song if it’s not in her repertoire- she was contracted to do my ceremony music and cocktail hour and my guests could not stop raving about her. I wanted someone who had a Celtic sound and catalog on top of contemporary and she was amazing. Her rendition of Over The Rainbow and the Irish Wedding Song, I can’t even. . BOOK HER NOW!!!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist's reply:

Thanks so much, Kelly! :)

Ashley · Married on 12/30/2017

Lindsay Straw is absolutely amazing!! We hired her for our wedding ceremony and it was just perfect. Her voice is so incredible and she made the milestone that much more memorable. Leading up to the event, she was super easy to work with, always emailed back right away, and we even FaceTimed! Plus, she was willing to learn a special mashup for us. Overall, 10/10. If you want to make your ceremony, or any other moment even more special on your big day, hire Lindsay.

Sent on 02/01/2018

Thanks, Ashley!!

Linda · Married on 10/07/2017

Lindsay is an absolute sweetheart! I was working with a bride back in May 2010 who had a very tight budget and finding someone to play at a wedding ceremony for 1/2 an hour without breaking the bank was hard. I researched and found Lindsay who responded instantly to my emails. She's professional, punctual, really flexible and played great music for the ceremony. I highly recommend Lindsay for your events!

Sent on 10/28/2010

Kate · Married on 10/07/2017

As soon as I found Lindsay's music online, I KNEW she was the one I wanted to play our wedding. She exceeded all of our expectations. Her voice and her guitar skills are unbelievably beautiful in person. On the day of our wedding, we had countless guests come up to us to ask where we found her and compliment her music. Beyond being highly talented, Lindsay was professional, responsive, and incredibly helpful from the second I contacted her. She also rented her speakers out to us for the dancing portion of the evening for an incredibly reasonable price, and stuck around to help out with them, which was an amazing deal for us as we were trying to make our wedding work on a budget. She responded graciously to every one of my dozens of emails/questions about the logistics leading up to the day. As talented as Lindsay is, she could be charging three times as much as she does (maybe I shouldn't write that), and I would encourage anyone to book her for their wedding or other event!!

Sent on 12/02/2017

Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist's reply:

Kate! Thank you so much for such an amazing review!

Elena · Married on 09/23/2017

Lindsay was fantastic! She played before and after our wedding ceremony. Our guests were raving about her voice and her song selection afterwards. I would definitely recommend you book her for your wedding!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Thanks so much, Elena!

Natalie · Married on 09/22/2017

Lindsay is a wonderful choice if you are looking for a unique and beautiful ceremony musician. She performed at our wedding in September at the Barn at Gibbet Hill for an outdoor ceremony. She was kind enough to learn the song that I wanted to walk down the isle to and played 10 amazing song choices for our guests while they were arriving to the ceremony. Everyone had nothing but wonderful things to say about her and how beautiful her voice is! She was prompt to response to my e-mails and it was very easy to communicate with her. She is an absolute pleasure to work with and made our ceremony exceptionally beautiful. She is very organized and provided amplification for herself as well as our officiant. I highly recommend working with her if you want to have an amazing ceremony musician!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist's reply:

Thanks so much, Natalie! Glad your guests enjoyed the music, too :)

Jerome · Married on 09/16/2017

Lindsay was interviewed and ultimately selected to perform at my daughters wedding in September, 2017. My daughter, a very conscientious listener of all things "music", immediately was struck by Lindsays vocal ability, the originality of her voice and the "sweetness" in her delivery. My daughter was married on the Cape and the venue presented challenges. The ceremony was held on the beach, in front of a 200 guests and 24 person wedding party. Lindsay was a pro, in every aspect of her beautiful performance and made the ceremony heartfelt, unique and memorable. Lindsay is deserving of two thumbs, way up, for her performance at the most wonderful wedding I have ever attended.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Lindsay Straw: Folk Singer & Guitarist's reply:

It was my pleasure to be a part of such an awesome wedding! Thanks so much, Jerome!

Casey · Married on 09/02/2017

Lindsay played at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. She did a wonderful job and was very easy to work with! The live music really helped set the mood for our special day. Beautiful voice! We would highly recommend her :)

Sent on 09/18/2017