Lindley Scott House Reviews

60 | Azusa, CA

60 Reviews for Lindley Scott House

Amanda · Married on 10/11/2014

It was a great experience and Diane was lovely every second to work and coordinate with. The wedding coordinator started to rush us because our officiant was late, however there was no real need to add stress and rush us. Other than that; all the staff was amazing and everything was very well catered. The food was excellent!!!!! The bartender was fast. Overall a great experience.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Lynn · Married on 08/31/2013

The Lindley-Scott House was the perfect setting for the right price for my wedding. I was really happy with almost everything, my only issues were the fact that they don't let you come to the venue 1 hour before the wedding. And that does not give you nearly enough time to take photos before the wedding. We also had an issue with the bartenders not giving out the proper change. Except for those 2 things everything about this place is perfection. The property is so beautiful and colorful. The food was delicious. The decor is beautiful. Diane who assists with all the before plans and questions is great. George who helps with day of coordinating is wonderful. We had the perfect wedding there!

Sent on 09/27/2013

andreanna · Married on 10/08/2011

Had an amazing wedding just what I imagined without breaking the bank. Its a great place to add your own decor we did a shabby chic theme. Diane George and Leo were great along with the rest of the staff. Food was amazing! Perfect portions nice and hot. Weddings do end at ten I recommend throwing an after party at a near by hotel or bar. Overall I wouldn't of changed a thing book at lindley you wont be sorry.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Becky · Married on 06/05/2010

3.0

I was just married at the Lindley Scott House on 6/5/10. The grounds were amazing which make for great photos!!! The food was amazing and the cake was included! We served filet, salmon or chicken and guests are still complimenting on how fabulous the food was. Diane is a little eccentric but she really only handles the money aspect. Leo is the provided coordinator. Leo was nice but he only coordinates for the venue (food/servers/bar). I would highly recommend getting a day of coordinator for yourself!! The only thing that I would have preferred is that the venue didn't make you end at 10pm. I guess there's a noise ordinance in Azusa.

Sent on 07/14/2010

Christine · Married on 09/04/2010

the Lindley-Scott House is where did our reception (but not wedding ceremony). It was beautiful and well set up. The tables didn't seem to be too crouded with 10 people at them. The food was FANTASTIC! I think all of our guests had a good time and enjoyed the beautiful venue. Taking pictures there was easy with the pretty scenery.

Sent on 09/29/2010

Mallory · Married on 08/28/2009

3.5

Awesome and beautiful place... I had my dream wedding here and I loved it! The only downsides were that there is no air conditioning in the house (where the bride gets dressed and stays before the ceremony), which is unbearable in the summer time; also, the day of coordinator, who was great, is not involved in the pre-planning wedding stuff. So, hire a day of wedding coordinator for set up and things like that. Otherwise, everything else was perfect!!!

Sent on 09/09/2009

3.5

My husband and I had the best open bar with the raddest bartender to ever walk the Earth. Oh, the venue is absolutely beautiful, too. It's perfect if you're looking for something besides the golf course and hotel banquet hall wedding celebration. It's a Georgian, southern styled house with a separate Carriage house for the open bar, er reception. It is a house, but you actually have your ceremony held outdoors. There are two locations: gazebo or arch under shady trees. My husband and I picked the arch, it's absolutely gorgeous. The estate is covered by a wall and surrounding trees, so you don't even see the street, you feel like you're in another world.

The only two things that really put a tiny damper on things were the strict 6.5 hours (party must end at 11pm, so our wedding venue usage was 4:30-11pm) usage of the venue and the strict rules (no tape, pins, no feathers, no rice/confetti toss, nothing up on the walls, no getting ready inside the bridal suite...photo ops only, no one besides wedding party allowed inside the main house). It's understandable, being that it's a historical building and that they don't want anything ruined. I wish I had a longer time to use the venue, though. Other than these two minor (sometimes it felt like major problems, but in the end it wasn't that bad).

The two reps that help you along the planning process are so dear. They are so helpful, very quick to respond, help with brainstorming. I can't even count how many times I've called and emailed them with questions, probably sometimes with the same questions twice. They are always happy to hear from you and always respond quickly about your open bar celebration and wedding. Pluses: Includes a custom wedding cake from Some Crust Bakery (Claremont, CA), a talented keyboardist for the ceremony, gold chivari chairs for reception room at no added cost. Plus, they have open bar at different pricing structures to fit your needs. Did I mention open bar?

Sent on 06/23/2014
  • Mrs. Penguin

Andrea · Married on 10/25/2008

4.2
      3.0

Overall, I highly recommend the Lindley Scott house for your reception venue (we did not have our ceremony there but I hear good things). The food was wonderful! They don't normally do tastings so we didn't try the food until that day and it was great. Our guests definitely talked about how good it was. The cake they provide through a local bakery is wonderful too and looked very pretty. The grounds are beautiful and it is great that you have the whole place to yourself instead of sharing it with other brides. I thought the day of coordinator was going to be more involved in keeping the reception events themselves on time, but he had more to do with just making sure the food, drink and cake service was prompt...which was fine. They don't allow any candles but it was beautiful without...they dim the lights and have white lights on the trees outside. Overall, I loved the place and fell more in love with it the day of!

Sent on 11/18/2008

ryan · Married on 07/10/2010

4.2
      3.0

The place was not that as beautiful as i hoped. i was not able to get the ceremony at the spot i wanted.

Sent on 11/05/2010

Michelle · Married on 06/04/2011

3.8
      3.5

We just recently had our wedding ceremony and reception here and Diane, George and Leo are a pleasure to work with. It really is a one stop shop for everything! They provided our wedding cake which was delicious! They do provide their one on-site coordinator, but if you plan on hiring a wedding planner, make sure that they are in constant communication. They are a little strict about their property since it is privately own, but overall the food was great, the flow of the wedding day went well. It is a great value.

Sent on 06/12/2011